Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624532 times)

Offline nebo

Re: GH60 Group Buy (INVOICING)
« Reply #1950 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 14:29:50 »
Paid, now I just need some need some nice nordic caps and a case.
Well there are a lot of options for cases. :)

Would love if I could get one like this. Never made a case before so I don't know where to start.

Offline cancelx

« Reply #1951 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 14:40:14 »
Haven't got my invoice yet. When is the deadline?
Model M SSK - WASD V1 - CM Storm QFR - Ducky Year of the Rabbit - Realforce 87U - WASD V2 - K-Type

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1952 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 15:01:54 »
According to the google document you have...  Check in your paypal account - sometimes email notifications don't get sent from paypal...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #1953 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:00:48 »
I just received my invoice. Can you confirm my switches a bit more? I asked for Ergo Clears. I want to make sure that is what is listed on the invoice.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1954 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:01:42 »
I just received my invoice. Can you confirm my switches a bit more? I asked for Ergo Clears. I want to make sure that is what is listed on the invoice.

What's listed on your invoice? To make ergo clears, you need clear or gray tactile switches.

Edit - What I'm trying to say is that you cannot order "ergo clears". They're a modified switch and not something Cherry makes.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1955 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:23:46 »

What's listed on your invoice? To make ergo clears, you need clear or gray tactile switches.

Edit - What I'm trying to say is that you cannot order "ergo clears". They're a modified switch and not something Cherry makes.

It's also not something I'm going to list as, as has been stated, I have no need to know anything about what I'm billing you.  But yes, your order still states you're getting clears to ergo out

Offline bear95

« Reply #1956 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:31:34 »

Would love if I could get one like this. Never made a case before so I don't know where to start.

Same! That is the case I want too!

Offline OddOne

« Reply #1957 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:37:09 »
Just paid my invoice.  Now just need to figure out a case for this.  Keep up the good work komar, JD, & WFD!
CM Quickfire Rapid   |   Rosewill RK-9000BR  |  CM Quickfire Rapid  |

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1958 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:12:50 »
...you may be interested in this, http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43407.0

Offline camelCase

• Don't look at my toes.
« Reply #1959 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:20:11 »
...you may be interested in this, http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43407.0

Wow if I didn't already have two plates on the way, I'd be all over this.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1960 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:59:03 »

Same! That is the case I want too!
And found it:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44147.0

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #1961 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:11:20 »
If anyone decides they don't want theirs, please PM me!

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #1962 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 11:25:45 »
should i be expecting another invoice? i onlygot one like a week ago and paid it immediately.  i am confused about the second invoice. i did order switches.

What color?

And you would have already received it if you were on the list.  It was only 40ish people

TJ i ordered red and green switches from this groupbuy.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1963 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 11:43:05 »
And found it:

This would be the case I'd get, unfortunately GON has stated the GH60 PCB won't fit into the 38GT case :( :( :(

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1964 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 11:44:52 »
I thought he's making a new one just for GH60?

Offline nebo

« Reply #1965 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 12:01:13 »
And found it:

This would be the case I'd get, unfortunately GON has stated the GH60 PCB won't fit into the 38GT case :( :( :(
Yeah, I just saw that. I'm not sure why not, it looks like a pretty standard layout, but if I can bug him (with enough peoples interest) into making a HHKB style one for the GH60 I'd be super happy.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1966 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 12:25:26 »
Yeah, I just saw that. I'm not sure why not, it looks like a pretty standard layout, but if I can bug him (with enough peoples interest) into making a HHKB style one for the GH60 I'd be super happy.

^This would be absolutely fantastic.  I know I'd be in for one at least, and I know there are a lot of people looking for nice GH60 cases, so he'd have a ready market.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1967 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 13:12:25 »
WFD,

When you get some time my order needs to be corrected as I filled out the change forum before I got the invoice.

Thanks
Boost
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline nebo

« Reply #1968 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 13:40:09 »

^This would be absolutely fantastic.  I know I'd be in for one at least, and I know there are a lot of people looking for nice GH60 cases, so he'd have a ready market.
I asked him about it and he currently doesn't have anything planned which is fully understandable when you look at the work he puts in to these. Really I think it'd only happen if we were able to have enough quantity to make it worth it which is made 10x harder with all the different layouts people want.

I don't know if it's appropriate for an IC to be made, but I'm not sure how else to gauge interest.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 13:41:58 by nebo »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1969 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 13:51:30 »
WFD,

When you get some time my order needs to be corrected as I filled out the change forum before I got the invoice.

Thanks
Boost

You know he can't change invoices right?

Since, you know, it's my paypal and all.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1970 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 17:14:24 »

I asked him about it and he currently doesn't have anything planned which is fully understandable when you look at the work he puts in to these. Really I think it'd only happen if we were able to have enough quantity to make it worth it which is made 10x harder with all the different layouts people want.

I don't know if it's appropriate for an IC to be made, but I'm not sure how else to gauge interest.

It's 2 plates universal ANSI & ISO and 3 cases winkey, winkeyless and hhkb
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline nebo

« Reply #1971 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 17:22:37 »

The case is the plate, so he'd have to make:
ANSI winkey
ANSI winkeyless
ANSI hhkb
ANSI 1.5 full mods
ISOwinkey
ISO winkeyless
ISO hhkb
ISO 1.5 full mods

which is going to be hard, and most likely not going to happen, to get all of those with enough interest. More so for the ISO as they already don't sell all that many to my knowledge (164 total ISO plates bought vs 692 ANSI and that isn't counting HHKB). Then of all those people, who will spend an additional ~$150 on the case.

An IC is the only way to be certain and I'm asking GON if he is okay with it. Don't want to put pressure on him to do anything he doesn't want to do.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1972 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 17:38:12 »

The case is the plate, so he'd have to make:
ANSI winkey
ANSI winkeyless
ANSI hhkb
ANSI 1.5 full mods
ISOwinkey
ISO winkeyless
ISO hhkb
ISO 1.5 full mods

which is going to be hard, and most likely not going to happen, to get all of those with enough interest. More so for the ISO as they already don't sell all that many to my knowledge (164 total ISO plates bought vs 692 ANSI and that isn't counting HHKB). Then of all those people, who will spend an additional ~$150 on the case.

An IC is the only way to be certain and I'm asking GON if he is okay with it. Don't want to put pressure on him to do anything he doesn't want to do.

that case is also cool if you want to hardwire without a pcb. I know that is what I am going to use them for. :D

Offline pasph

« Reply #1973 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 17:43:38 »
We will have plenty of choices:
 - Plastic Poker case
 - Plastic Pure case
 - Imsto aluminum tray
 - Oneproduct aluminum case
 - Treble aluminum tray
 - Pure’s aluminum CNC
 - WhiteFireDragon’s design
 - The_Beast’s design
 - alixinhzai's acrylic case
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline nebo

« Reply #1974 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 17:49:49 »
Don't want those. :P

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1975 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:06:21 »
Paid!

By the way, does anyone have the cad diagram, I need some measurements so I can get started on my case.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:09:15 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline balanar

« Reply #1976 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:32:47 »
 - Plastic Poker case
 - Plastic Pure case
 - Imsto aluminum tray
 - Treble aluminum tray
 - Pure’s aluminum CNC
 - The_Beast’s design

It won't fit in the Duck Poker case? Don't forget that beautiful case!

Offline jabar

« Reply #1977 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:35:25 »
deadline for payment?
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
« Reply #1978 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:53:08 »
 - Plastic Poker case
 - Plastic Pure case
 - Imsto aluminum tray
 - Treble aluminum tray
 - Pure’s aluminum CNC
 - The_Beast’s design

Also, piece of cardboard.  :)

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1979 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 20:11:50 »
 - Plastic Poker case
 - Plastic Pure case
 - Imsto aluminum tray
 - Treble aluminum tray
 - Pure’s aluminum CNC
 - The_Beast’s design

Also, piece of cardboard.  :)
This^

- Plastic Poker case
 - Plastic Pure case
 - Imsto aluminum tray
 - Treble aluminum tray
 - Pure’s aluminum CNC
 - The_Beast’s design

It won't fit in the Duck Poker case? Don't forget that beautiful case!

Don't forget about Planar ;)

« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 20:16:24 by Jocelyn »

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1980 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 20:20:13 »
As far as I can tell, and after some light research, getting a case is either going to require a lot of luck, a lot of money, or both. Unless you happen to have a poker case lying around, which I suspect is the case for a lot of you guys.

I was toying with an idea for a wood tray/plate with exposed switches, but eventually realized that I don't know enough about wood, nor anyone nearby to make one should I ever succeed in designing it.

After looking at WFD's case design, which I really like, I realized it might have been a mistake to order an assembled GH60 with plate, since a lot of cool cases seem to come with an integrated plate. Tough luck for someone who doesn't know any soldering...

I might just buy 4 rubber feet and put one at each corner and call it a super geeky exposed nude keyboard.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1981 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 20:47:39 »
As far as I can tell, and after some light research, getting a case is either going to require a lot of luck, a lot of money, or both. Unless you happen to have a poker case lying around, which I suspect is the case for a lot of you guys.

I have two things going that will help in that regard.
The first is end caps/feet for the [ur=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43407.0l]plate/case[/url] The-Beast is working on.

The second project is a complete GH60 case. Plans are for around $40, hopefully less, depends on plastic and print time. While they won't be as cool as aluminum or quite as smooth as a molded part, there are some significant advantages. Price, customization (colors, logos), low weight, and they will have dual height, removable feet (giving 3 heights total). I can even remove the foot mounts entirely if someone wants.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1982 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:48:03 »
Update: payment deadline is the end of June 30. If invoices are not paid by the end of that date, your order gets dropped, simply because waiting for you slows down the whole GB.

The last batch of order changes are done with, and from now on, no more order changes. I think we were pretty lenient with this, because no other GB accepts constant order changes, even after invoicing. Thank you to all who have paid quickly, and/or had no requests for any changes.

Offline metafour

« Reply #1983 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:58:21 »
I made an order change request but received my invoice without the change applied. I just paid it assuming that it wouldn't happen. Just want to make sure it doesn't get applied retroactively and cause issues.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1984 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:06:03 »
After looking at WFD's case design, which I really like, I realized it might have been a mistake to order an assembled GH60 with plate, since a lot of cool cases seem to come with an integrated plate. Tough luck for someone who doesn't know any soldering...

If you're looking specifically at my case design, then it will fit all these plates in here, as well as the custom plate for that case. But just letting you know now that it won't be cheap because of all the details. I hope to have a budget case around $50-$100 around the same time though.

I made an order change request but received my invoice without the change applied. I just paid it assuming that it wouldn't happen. Just want to make sure it doesn't get applied retroactively and cause issues.

You mean the recent change request on the stabilizers? I'll send you a PM about this.

Offline metafour

« Reply #1985 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:07:02 »

If you're looking specifically at my case design, then it will fit all these plates in here, as well as the custom plate for that case. But just letting you know now that it won't be cheap because of all the details. I hope to have a budget case around $50-$100 around the same time though.

You mean the recent change request on the stabilizers? I'll send you a PM about this.

Yeah. I am totally fine with just going with my original order.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1986 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:18:48 »
Anyone working on hhkb case layout?
SmallFry! <3

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1987 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 08:48:49 »

So you're saying I could just drop the assembled GH60 with plate into your case? That's mega-awesome! I think I remember seeing a ballpark figure of $180 for your case design. If it's still somewhere around that mark, I might be able to set aside some money in the coming months. I'll keep an eye out for that budget version too, just in case :P

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #1988 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 08:51:23 »
Anyone working on hhkb case layout?
there was a sale for acrylic cases. I believe hes doing Round 2 once gh60 is finished

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40468.0

Offline yyr

« Reply #1989 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 10:15:59 »
Seen late, I can still submit an order?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1990 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 10:17:00 »
Seen late, I can still submit an order?

Sorry, but no. Orders have been closed for over a month now. People with orders are not even allowed to change them at this late date. All invoices have gone out.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1991 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 10:36:21 »
I'm sure there will be some people that will decide they don't need as many PCB as they ordered. Hell I may even be one of those people.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1992 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 11:12:31 »
I'm sure there will be some people that will decide they don't need as many PCB as they ordered. Hell I may even be one of those people.
Yeah me as well! I think 3 is a bit much :\
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1993 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 11:40:15 »
In order to not burden the GB organizers with extra work, I suggest those who still want a board to get in touch directly with those who might have ordered too many.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1994 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 16:59:12 »
Form up to date with people that have paid

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #1995 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:08:09 »
Woops! I received the Invoice three days ago and I didn't notice. Paying tomorrow!  :p

Offline Robstero

« Reply #1996 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:57:55 »
Where are the invoices typically sent to? Am not seeing anything in my PMs or at my email address - am probably being  daft though :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1997 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:59:44 »
Where are the invoices typically sent to? Am not seeing anything in my PMs or at my email address - am probably being  daft though :)

Check your paypal account. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1998 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:10:21 »
So my note associated with my order might be confusing and I just want to clarify, who should I PM?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #1999 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:36:50 »
Okay, i knowwwww you said no more order changes...

But... if possible, i would like to subtract assembly from my order. I don't want to change any parts or anything "crazy" like that, just a little light on funds and still not sure which layout i want to use on my universal plate, so i don't even know how you'd assemble it... unless of course all the plate-mount-able switches can be assembled, prior to the pcb-mount-required switches, allowing me to finish that part myself, once i decide which layout i want, and can find keys for.

I asked this pages ago, but i don't think anyone answered: is this a reasonable thing to attempt? Assembling all the plate-mount switches first, then adding the pcb-mount switches to the board After the plate and plate-switches are already mounted? Or is that a wicked-bad ultra-hassle thing? Is it just better to wait to mount the plate and plate-switches, until after the pcb-mount switches are mounted?

If it's not a big deal to add pcb-mounted switches in the "universal" holes, after the plate and plate-switches are already assembled, then maybe i don't need to change anything. But if it's a huge hassle to mount the pcb-mounted switches after the plate-mounted switches and plate, then i do. Or, i need to decide which layout i want, prior to assembly... which is what i hoped to avoid by going with the universal plate. :P

That's right, i'm noob, i just need to know what, if any, are my options here, and which way to proceed. Or, if there is but a single way forward, then i guess knowing that would work too. <.<
Logitech G710+