Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624515 times)

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
Re: GH60 Group Buy (INVOICING)
« Reply #2000 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:55:41 »
Update: payment deadline is the end of June 30. If invoices are not paid by the end of that date, your order gets dropped, simply because waiting for you slows down the whole GB.

The last batch of order changes are done with, and from now on, no more order changes. I think we were pretty lenient with this, because no other GB accepts constant order changes, even after invoicing. Thank you to all who have paid quickly, and/or had no requests for any changes.

my order is still outstanding, but i figure i better post and just mention i'll pay it before the deadline. :)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #2001 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 20:16:56 »
Do you guys think people are willing to sell off some of their extra GH60? I'm no engineer so I would probably want one that is completely made lol. Or should we just wait until they show up in classifieds? GH60 looks awesome and I'm sad I missed out.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #2002 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 00:08:48 »
I have a feeling there maybe another round of orders (it has been talked about somewhere on this thread I believe).  I also imagine that there will be gh60s pre-built on the classifieds. You may not get a great selection of switch choices though.

You don't need to be an engineer to solder.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 June 2013, 00:10:25 by tricheboars »
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2003 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 00:10:37 »
I have a feeling there maybe another round of orders.  I also imagine that there will be gh60s pure built on the classifieds. You may not get a great selection of switches though.

I hope it's not any time soon.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2004 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 00:12:39 »
Like with every GB, there will always be people that changed their minds after payment, but likewise, there will always be people that missed it and want in.

I have a feeling there maybe another round of orders (it has been talked about somewhere on this thread I believe). 

Where was it mentioned? It's a small possibility, but I wouldn't count on it.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #2005 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 00:20:40 »
Like with every GB, there will always be people that changed their minds after payment, but likewise, there will always be people that missed it and want in.

I have a feeling there maybe another round of orders (it has been talked about somewhere on this thread I believe). 

Where was it mentioned? It's a small possibility, but I wouldn't count on it.

If some people choose not to pay their orders, would it be possible to let someone else claim their order and pay it? This way you can possibly lose less orders and people that missed out can join.

Offline nickr

« Reply #2006 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 00:24:43 »

I want in but, probably like kenmai9, the finished product is more interesting than coordinating the pieces (the case in particular) and then soldering it all together.  If it were all a packaged deal then I'd jump on this.  Anyone interested in soldering and casing one up for others?  ;D

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #2007 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 01:07:21 »

I want in but, probably like kenmai9, the finished product is more interesting than coordinating the pieces (the case in particular) and then soldering it all together.  If it were all a packaged deal then I'd jump on this.  Anyone interested in soldering and casing one up for others?  ;D
There was an assembly option.

Offline nil

« Reply #2008 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 01:35:57 »
If some people choose not to pay their orders, would it be possible to let someone else claim their order and pay it? This way you can possibly lose less orders and people that missed out can join.
I'm also interested in this possibility. (Am one of those unlucky few who haven't visited and/or known about the new GH60 group buy until it's too late.)
Keyboard: On the perpetual, holy grail quest for my own GH60.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2009 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 01:57:29 »
I'm also interested in this possibility. (Am one of those unlucky few who haven't visited and/or known about the new GH60 group buy until it's too late.)

i'm going to sound like a **** here, but out of the hundreds of these sold and a majority of the orders now listed as paid i don't think they are worried about losing a few orders. They really gave a lot of time with this; your best bet is to wait till after these are produced and people who paid have second thoughts, happened with a bunch of people in the phantom group buy.

Offline nil

« Reply #2010 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 02:15:55 »
i'm going to sound like a **** here, but out of the hundreds of these sold and a majority of the orders now listed as paid i don't think they are worried about losing a few orders. They really gave a lot of time with this; your best bet is to wait till after these are produced and people who paid have second thoughts, happened with a bunch of people in the phantom group buy.
I understand that, and you don't sound rude at all. That's certainly what I plan to do, and if that doesn't work, having to wait the next year or so for a new GH60 group buy won't kill me. It doesn't hurt to ask, and it's really more a case of "why not?"--so long as the substituters must pay ASAP (like, say, within that very day) and don't hold up the line.
Keyboard: On the perpetual, holy grail quest for my own GH60.

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #2011 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 04:06:27 »
Paid  ;)

Apologies for the late change, very much appreciated for you still accepting changes after invoicing.

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #2012 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 04:59:14 »
Paid!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2013 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 15:40:08 »
I know there are one or two people that are looking to offload their orders and I expect I'll be getting rid of either one of mine or a poker once I have them in my hands.

But yeah, I'd like to catch up on other projects before another round of this, kthx

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #2014 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 17:10:46 »
does the center mounting position match the pure pcb?
I was curious because I ran across this today and it made me think of this project

http://wiki.geekhack.org/index.php?title=Modifications:KBC_Poker_X:Pure_Center_Support_Modification

Offline viasacra89

« Reply #2015 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 02:41:08 »
I have a feeling there maybe another round of orders (it has been talked about somewhere on this thread I believe).  I also imagine that there will be gh60s pre-built on the classifieds. You may not get a great selection of switch choices though.

I kind of hope that they don't do another round.  It might sound selfish, but I like the idea of the GH60 being limited edition.
|Filco MJ2 TKL Browns|

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2016 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 04:41:45 »

I kind of hope that they don't do another round.  It might sound selfish, but I like the idea of the GH60 being limited edition.

this.

rather bring out a GH60 v2

lol

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #2017 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 04:44:21 »
Gh60 V2 full backlit programable version  ;D

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #2018 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:13:38 »
The GH60 is fully programmable, whether or not it is also fully backlit remains to be seen, but it will have some spots for backlighting.

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #2019 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:27:05 »
I think it's getting non connected led solder pads for a handwiring diy solution.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2020 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:48:59 »
Gh60 V2 full backlit programable version  ;D

The GH60 is fully programmable, whether or not it is also fully backlit remains to be seen, but it will have some spots for backlighting.

It most definitely is fully programmable. This was a design parameter. :)

I think it's getting non connected led solder pads for a handwiring diy solution.

This is correct, also.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #2021 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:23:14 »
I should have been clearer in my post, i was referring to led portion being programmable.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2022 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:24:57 »
I should have been clearer in my post, i was referring to led portion being programmable.

I think what you are looking for is called "Ducky."  :cool:
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #2023 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:32:45 »

I would rather have a custom gh60 with the ability to program leds the way i see fit rather than have set of led functions that i cannot configure.  :p

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2024 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:43:39 »

I would rather have a custom gh60 with the ability to program leds the way i see fit rather than have set of led functions that i cannot configure.  :p

When you figure out how to make this happen, maybe you can help these guys here. :D

in memoriam

Offline v4mp1

« Reply #2025 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 12:06:50 »
jdcarpe btw, do you have 1000hz firmware ready for me? :D

edit: ah it was komar, sorry.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #2026 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 14:20:41 »
Invoice paid. I'm sorry for the delay!  :D

Offline jspark

« Reply #2027 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 17:52:24 »
Paid. Sorry for late
KBC Poker X Cherry MX Black switch
Filco Majestouch2 Ninja Cherry MX Blue switch
IBM Model M 1391401 in 1988

Offline Winther

« Reply #2028 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:54:41 »

This is correct, also.
[/quote]

So the GH60, can be fully backlit?

Will there be a tutorial for this (WFD)?? :)

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2029 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:19:49 »

This is correct, also.

[/quote]

I think komar said that it would be only WASD and esc  but he was looking how it would turn out.

Offline T0ken

« Reply #2030 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:58:05 »

This is correct, also.

I think komar said that it would be only WASD and esc  but he was looking how it would turn out.
[/quote]

Komar mentioned that there willbe pads for LEDs, but only wasd, esc, and "arrow" keys would be wired. In that case, you would need to use jumper wires or some other means to get it fully backlit.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2031 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 22:08:41 »
Clearing up the LED question:

The final PCB will have 11 holes for optional LEDs (Esc, Caps, WASD, spacebar, arrow cluster). White or red LEDs with appropriate resistors will be included for the all PCBs except the bare PCBs (duh). If you choose to install these, you must solder them on yourself unless you got the assembly service.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #2032 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 23:01:42 »
Paid!

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2033 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 01:34:53 »

Anything like this will always be limited regardless as there are always new people coming who will want them and missed the last buy. It's not like you will be able to get one at Best Buy.

Not to mention the case and building is an issue that will haunt a lot of people.  There are a lot of case-less and incomplete Phantoms out there, so regardless of sales numbers, the actual number of complete, working keyboards will always be small for these sorts of things.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline agor

« Reply #2034 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 12:31:36 »

The final PCB will have 11 holes for optional LEDs (Esc, Caps, WASD, spacebar, arrow cluster). White or red LEDs with appropriate resistors will be included for the all PCBs except the bare PCBs (duh). If you choose to install these, you must solder them on yourself unless you got the assembly service.

Did not know that before and would like both boards to have white backlit ESC, WASD, Cpas and SpaceBar.
Is it too late?
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #2035 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 12:55:14 »

The arrows beting right shift, window, menu and control? Will these LEDs also work for someone with 1.5/1/1.5?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #2036 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 16:53:45 »
Can someone talk to Feng so he can get some of these from MKC :p

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4-5577807997.1.HPvpTD&id=20724947952

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2037 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 18:33:32 »
agreed o.o
so many case designs...so much hype...

Offline Robstero

« Reply #2038 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 10:08:22 »
Paid - thanks for the pointer jdcarpe, and apologies for the delay.

There's so much in this project that makes it really great beyond the final product. The collaborative group effort, the design process, the fact that the process is laid bare for all to see... All great stuff IMHO.

Anyway, big thanks and respect to everyone involved in this. It's an amazing achievement to get to this point.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2039 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 10:16:43 »
Can someone talk to Feng so he can get some of these from MKC :p

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4-5577807997.1.HPvpTD&id=20724947952

very interested in this or any aluminum lz/kmac style case.

Offline kekstee

« Reply #2040 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 17:08:54 »
Yeah, if some case options made a GB I'd just have to get one of them.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #2041 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 00:09:03 »
Can someone link me a png of the final PCB or at least the latest revision? Thanks :)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2042 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 00:09:34 »
Okay, i knowwwww you said no more order changes...

But... if possible, i would like to subtract assembly from my order. I don't want to change any parts or anything "crazy" like that, just a little light on funds and still not sure which layout i want to use on my universal plate, so i don't even know how you'd assemble it... unless of course all the plate-mount-able switches can be assembled, prior to the pcb-mount-required switches, allowing me to finish that part myself, once i decide which layout i want, and can find keys for.

I asked this pages ago, but i don't think anyone answered: is this a reasonable thing to attempt? Assembling all the plate-mount switches first, then adding the pcb-mount switches to the board After the plate and plate-switches are already mounted? Or is that a wicked-bad ultra-hassle thing? Is it just better to wait to mount the plate and plate-switches, until after the pcb-mount switches are mounted?

If it's not a big deal to add pcb-mounted switches in the "universal" holes, after the plate and plate-switches are already assembled, then maybe i don't need to change anything. But if it's a huge hassle to mount the pcb-mounted switches after the plate-mounted switches and plate, then i do. Or, i need to decide which layout i want, prior to assembly... which is what i hoped to avoid by going with the universal plate. :P

That's right, i'm noob, i just need to know what, if any, are my options here, and which way to proceed. Or, if there is but a single way forward, then i guess knowing that would work too. <.<

here's a tip: make changes before the group buy is in invoicing stage. don't make order changes after the fact.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2043 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 00:30:08 »
Can someone link me a png of the final PCB or at least the latest revision? Thanks :)

Not fully done yet. It's basically totally different than the first prototypes that we got.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2044 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 00:31:18 »
In which case, when the new boards work, where will the files be released (since Komar has made this project Open Source Hardware)?

Offline nebo

« Reply #2045 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 00:38:35 »

Not fully done yet. It's basically totally different than the first prototypes that we got.
How (and why) is it being changed?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2046 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 00:53:40 »
^ Some traces rerouted, standoff holes and USB shifted, no more rotated switches, optional LEDs, expansion option. It's for the better.

In which case, when the new boards work, where will the files be released (since Komar has made this project Open Source Hardware)?

When it's done, there should be a link. Here is the latest, but this will be changed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59077581/gerber-2013-05-05.zip

Offline ForestFunK

« Reply #2047 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 06:17:51 »
^ Some traces rerouted, standoff holes and USB shifted, no more rotated switches, optional LEDs, expansion option. It's for the better.

When it's done, there should be a link. Here is the latest, but this will be changed.

I hope it still fits in alis case  :eek:
Qpad-MK-50 | ReɅlforce 88u

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2048 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 09:42:18 »
Paid!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #2049 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 10:02:48 »

I hope it still fits in alis case  :eek:
i would hope they dont **** us over this bad :p