Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624554 times)

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
Re: GH60 Group Buy (INVOICING)
« Reply #2150 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 06:57:06 »
The resistors will be on the expansion board, so you'll need only LEDs. I'll try to choose the resistors' value in such a way that the LEDs which require the highest voltage will be acceptably bright, while the more regular ones may be too bright. The actual brightness level can be then set in software by choosing PWM duty cycle.

The above applies to all the LEDs not connected to the controller.
The connected ones (wasd, alt-win-ctrl-shift arrows, escape, fn and caps-lock) will use resistors on board which will come (not soldered) with the board. I'll try to choose their values properly depending on the color of LEDs. I'm not sure if we'll give choice of those 11 LEDs' color yet, but if we do, the resistors will be chosen accordingly.

Great work Komar!!

With these new LED options, what's the protocol for updating our preferred configuration if we've chosen to make use of the Assembly Service? I'll obviously wait till the PCB is finalised though.
We haven't really taken that into account when preparing this group-buy. I'm not sure how much interest there is for soldering LEDs as well, but the expansion boards may not be available before GH60, so this would incur a lot of extra waiting for you.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 June 2013, 07:05:55 by komar007 »
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2151 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 11:27:51 »
So will they be through hole resistors or SMD?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #2152 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 12:21:21 »
So will they be through hole resistors or SMD?

i am curious about this as well because i want to go ahead and buy some led's ahead of time for this.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #2153 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:30:15 »
that pst looks so bad ass. the black and gold is a real winner.

are there going to be guides to use which switch holes for different layouts? cause i could use a guide.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2154 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:32:17 »

are there going to be guides to use which switch holes for different layouts? cause i could use a guide.

Are you using a plate? They match up with the holes in the PCB when you use a plate. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2155 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:33:15 »

i think it is better if someone posted all the swich positions for the layouts in the wiki or a thread, otherwise the pcb would be all white from all the labeling.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2156 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:34:13 »
i think it is better if someone posted all the swich positions for the layouts in the wiki or a thread, otherwise the pcb would be all white from all the labeling.

The plate determines the switch position.

And JD, thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to run this and all the other GBs/Projects you do :D

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2157 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:35:04 »

The plate determines the switch position.

o.0 what if somebody does not use a plate? uh.....

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2158 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:41:14 »
^ Most people got a plate with a PCB. But if you're one of the new that didn't, then soft mount the switches and keycaps to make sure the cap sizes line up properly before you solder.

Maybe a guide later, but this only applies to a few people.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2159 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:41:53 »

Click the highlighted link in my signature. Look at the OP. First image in there...

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2160 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:42:26 »

Look at the plate pictures, look at your PCB, then match the switch locations to the PCB?

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2161 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:52:48 »

Click the highlighted link in my signature. Look at the OP. First image in there...

Show Image

Look at the plate pictures, look at your PCB, then match the switch locations to the PCB?

l0l

all I am saying is that it is not needed to print which holes correspond to what layout on the pcb, but whatever you think I meant...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2162 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 17:04:24 »
I did the lazy way to prevent myself from making a dumb error on assemble. I put all the keycaps I wanted laid out in the correct order, placed switch inside them, put PCB on top. Solder. No ****ing up, did not have to redo anything.

Offline jabar

« Reply #2163 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 18:58:18 »
paying this shortly
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2164 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:55:55 »
Gonna pay for this soon!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2165 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 22:09:32 »
Gonna pay for this soon!

As in "within the next 26 hours" soon?

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2166 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:09:45 »
Still hoping that there are some extras after everything is said and done.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2167 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:20:45 »
is that order confirmation sheet up to date? that is a good amount of people unpaid if so  :eek: not a majority though but still.....

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2168 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:23:23 »
is that order confirmation sheet up to date? that is a good amount of people unpaid if so  :eek: not a majority though but still.....

Save one or two that have paid today.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2169 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:32:03 »
Gonna pay for this soon!

As in "within the next 26 hours" soon?

Yes! Just paid, sorry for being close to the deadline!

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #2170 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 22:40:52 »
PAYMENT DEADLINE: 06/30/13  >countdown<

What this is about

GH60 is a community-developed keyboard designed by komar007, with the original idea by jdcarpe. This keyboard's form factor is the same size as the KBC Poker or Pure (60% size of a full keyboard, hence the name). Main feature is that it uses the ATmega32u4 controller, which allows for every key to be programmable and a possibility for a custom secondary function layer as well. This single PCB will support many variants of ANSI, ISO, and other custom layouts detailed below.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Plate

Plates will make your keyboard will feel more solid overall and help disperse some of the typing stress. They’re optional, but most people do prefer it. Each layout will require a different plate. HHKB and winkeyless layouts can use any ANSI or ISO plate with 1.5x modifiers. I designed these so the top switch housing is removable without desoldering, which helps with swapping switches, springs, stems, lubing, or stickering later on. All the plates offered in here are stainless steel. They can be directly dropped in to existing cases. More details on this in the next post.

compatibility:
  • Costar stabilizer
  • PCB-mounted cherry stabilizer
  • Plate-mounted cherry stabilizer
  • Any existing and upcoming 60% case
  • Poker and Pure (must be plates with 1.25x modifier)

Cases
 - Plastic Poker case
 - Plastic Pure case
 - Imsto aluminum tray
 - Oneproduct aluminum case
 - Treble aluminum tray
 - Pure’s aluminum CNC
 - WhiteFireDragon’s design
 - The_Beast’s design
 - alixinhzai's acrylic case

Assembly
 The PCBs will come with all SMD preassembled, including diodes. Switches and LEDs will require your own soldering. If you’re brave and want to do the SMD soldering yourself, PCB and a bag of SMT components will be cheaper. There will be options for assembly service if you cannot build it yourself.

If you’re assembling it yourself, the minimum equipment you’ll need is a Weller WLC-100 soldering station/iron and Rosin-core solder (smaller than 0.04" diameter). Although it is doable with cheap $15 irons, that’s not recommended. In addition to the PCB, you will need the following to complete the build:
  • Switches
  • Stabilizers
  • Case
  • Keycaps
  • Plate (optional)
  • mini-B USB cable.

Costs
PCB (SMD presoldered) - $28
PCB (DIY, includes SMT components) - $15
bare PCB
(no components) - $6
Plate
- $16
Switches - $0.63
cherry stabilizers - $9
Costar stabilizers - $7
Assembly - $25

The prices listed above is a ballpark now final. PCBs could be a tad lower, depending on quantity at the end, or possibly be a few dollars higher to account for import/VAT taxes or any other unforeseen fees. Same goes with plates and switches, it really depends on how many of each are ordered.

Ordering
 Deadline to submit order is Monday, 04/22/13, payment deadline is 06/30/13. You’ve been given the payment date almost 2 months in advance, so start planning your budget accordingly! ETA for all parts will be around September if there are no major delays. Switches might take a little longer if you ordered them.

>ORDER FORM<

Order confirmation

>POLL<
poll results could affect the final PCB, plate, or features. So please vote!

>Order Changes<

Order example from this GB:
-1x GH60 PCB $30
-1x poker plate $16
-1x cherry (plate-mounted) stabilizer set, 6.25x spacbar wire $9
-63x MX red switches $38 (2 extra switch for defectives or broken pins)
-assembly service $25
 total $113

You'll still need to source the following for a complete keyboard:
-1x case
-1x USB cable
-1x keycap set

Logistics
 Komar designed and will have the PCBs made, I designed and will have the plates made. Jdcarpe and I will manage orders, but all of us will have access to the spreadsheets. Jdcarpe and I will handle US and Canada assembly and distributions, komar will assemble and distribute for EU and the rest of the world (unless you have a personal request or already have prior arrangements). Main reason is because it’s no longer cheap to ship international from the US. Switches are from 7bit. Tjcaustin will collect money and invoice.

Misc links

IC thread
 Prototyping
 Further feature development

This has to be one of the most thoroughly planned and well-documented I've ever seen. Granted, I've only been on GH for a few months, but I've read quite a few of these, and I have to say that this seriously sets the bar high. I love that you guys even went so far as to post instructions (not just a link) for progamming the controller. Just amazing attention to detail here. If you guys ever get together and run an 84ish-key pcb I would consider it a privilege to be a part of it.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2171 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:00:51 »
Payment deadline has passed. If you haven't paid by now, consider your order canceled.

Open invoice orders are now posted for sale.

Here are the orders for sale. If you want to take over an order, post here in the thread with the row number from the spreadsheet. We will contact you for your info and to send an invoice. Payment will be expected immediately. Thanks! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj13Z1f7GUuzdGY0WlF1SjRkZ0VOVVpUMzV5bjg4dWc&usp=sharing
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:03:41 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #2172 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:40:56 »
I'm interested on order 12, but can I change somethings there? like the switches and stabs perhaps?
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #2173 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:46:57 »
I'm interested on order 12, but can I change somethings there? like the switches and stabs perhaps?

I don't think you can change things. Otherwise they'd simply reopen the group buy.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #2174 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:52:32 »

I don't think you can change things. Otherwise they'd simply reopen the group buy.

Even just subtracting items and change the stabs? :(
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #2175 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:55:06 »
17,27,33 if available
GH60 Nevermore

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #2176 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:56:59 »
Sent pm regarding #36.

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #2177 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:59:57 »
Payment deadline has passed. If you haven't paid by now, consider your order canceled.

Here are the orders for sale. If you want to take over an order, post here in the thread with the row number from the spreadsheet. We will contact you for your info and to send an invoice. Payment will be expected immediately. Thanks! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj13Z1f7GUuzdGY0WlF1SjRkZ0VOVVpUMzV5bjg4dWc&usp=sharing

Given recent events I am out a poker pcb and plate, what would be the cheapest way to reproduce that from one of the remaining orders? I don't have time to review everything there, but that is what I would like to do if someone could help me out. Thank you.
QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline osxoep

« Reply #2178 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 13:01:24 »
Interested in 19, 21, 7 or 2.
In that order of preference and I'd only like to pick up one of them.

edit: Goodfella might appreciate 7 though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 13:04:50 by osxoep »
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2179 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 13:03:19 »

Given recent events I am out a poker pcb and plate, what would be the cheapest way to reproduce that from one of the remaining orders? I don't have time to review everything there, but that is what I would like to do if someone could help me out. Thank you.

#7 is a built pcb and a poker plate with costar stabs

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2180 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 13:18:31 »

Yeah, at this point we just want to sell complete orders. We aren't letting anyone else change their order, so it wouldn't be fair to change these.

in memoriam

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #2181 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 13:22:03 »

Yeah, at this point we just want to sell complete orders. We aren't letting anyone else change their order, so it wouldn't be fair to change these.

So I guess I'll just wait for the next round :(
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline Poom

« Reply #2182 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:01:42 »
PMed about order 7, hope its to the right person.

Thanks.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #2183 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:16:28 »
if it's still available, I'll take #2
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline Qipz

« Reply #2184 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:17:26 »
As a newcomer to mechanical keyboards I'm kind of lost in that list, is there one that would get me a full set? minus the case, etc.

Edit; With assembly
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:19:28 by Qipz »

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #2185 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:22:47 »
As a newcomer to mechanical keyboards I'm kind of lost in that list, is there one that would get me a full set? minus the case, etc.

Edit; With assembly

Each one except for #2, #4, #36 gives you at least one full set without the switches and stabilizers. You just have to search for the one which contains a plate with the layout you like and a set of switches and stabilizers. For example #6 gives you the soldered PCB with a Poker plate, a set of switches (clear) and stabs. The stabilizers in this case are PCB-mounted, not plate, so probably it's not the best option, but it gives an example.
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #2186 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:25:05 »

Edit; With assembly

#12 would get you an ISO plate ( which would suit you since you're in EU ) it comes with brown switches, cherry plate mount stabilizers and assembly service. All you would need is a case for a complete keyboard.

Offline Qipz

« Reply #2187 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:28:46 »
Well in that case I'm very interested in #12; but not sure about the LED's, but afaik those arnt a part of the order so that wouldnt be a problem right

Offline pscottwi

« Reply #2188 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 15:01:52 »
I'd like #31 if still available.

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #2189 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 15:22:36 »
It looks like 7 would be best for me? It comes with costar stabilizers which are fine with me, I prefer cherry, but it makes little difference.

Besides the actual switches, this is all I would need to make it work? Is anyone else offering a service to solder the switches/plate/pcb together??

Unfortunately with the loss of one of our great board members, he happened to be in possession of my poker/plate/led's before that horrible accident. Simply trying to replace those small items and move forward  :(

thanks.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #2190 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 15:24:13 »
Interested in 3-4 DIY kits if still available

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #2191 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 15:38:39 »
I've done a few SMD in the past but out of practice since getting my new station. I would be willing to help if the GB needed it for assembly from a post-SMD state. If those that run this wanted to engage me to help, obviously PM me.
GH60 Nevermore

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2192 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:07:13 »
It looks like 7 would be best for me? It comes with costar stabilizers which are fine with me, I prefer cherry, but it makes little difference.

Besides the actual switches, this is all I would need to make it work? Is anyone else offering a service to solder the switches/plate/pcb together??

Unfortunately with the loss of one of our great board members, he happened to be in possession of my poker/plate/led's before that horrible accident. Simply trying to replace those small items and move forward  :(

thanks.

I'm sure once the chaos has settled and the family has had time to grieve, we will be able to get your Poker parts back. I will assemble it free of charge in remembrance of my friend.

in memoriam

Offline jabar

« Reply #2193 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:07:58 »
you didn't remove my paid order from that list
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2194 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:13:09 »
you didn't remove my paid order from that list

That was my fault as I was asleep and hadn't updated orders yet.  You're fine.

Offline OddOne

« Reply #2195 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:56:05 »
I'm interested in number 2 if it is still available.
CM Quickfire Rapid   |   Rosewill RK-9000BR  |  CM Quickfire Rapid  |

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2196 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 17:05:28 »
For those that have PM'ed me to pick up unpaid orders or changing orders BEFORE the payment deadline, I'm sorry but I can't honor those. It wouldn't be fair for everyone else.

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #2197 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 17:19:05 »

thanks.

I'm sure once the chaos has settled and the family has had time to grieve, we will be able to get your Poker parts back. I will assemble it free of charge in remembrance of my friend.

Thank you for your generous offer.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 20:18:47 by Goodfella »

Offline Poom

« Reply #2198 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 17:34:51 »
paid sir!

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2199 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 20:11:11 »
I will take number 23 if it's still available.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green