Author Topic: Poker II Keycaps help  (Read 1677 times)

Offline AwSmCreator

Poker II Keycaps help
« on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 07:49:01 »
Hi there,

I have a black Poker II with green backlighting. I want to redo the keycaps. I've looked at a lot of places and around GeekHack but haven't found anything that is exactly what I'm looking for. I'd like something that looks good with the green backlighting and has a radioactive or toxic look. The Toxic keycap set is cool, but as far as I know I won't be able to see the backlighting.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline studentben

Re: Poker II Keycaps help
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 17:45:56 »
Hi there,

I have a black Poker II with green backlighting. I want to redo the keycaps. I've looked at a lot of places and around GeekHack but haven't found anything that is exactly what I'm looking for. I'd like something that looks good with the green backlighting and has a radioactive or toxic look. The Toxic keycap set is cool, but as far as I know I won't be able to see the backlighting.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Well it really depends what you're using the backlighting for too. If you want backlighting so that you can see what letters you're typing, you're going to need shinethrough caps.

If you're looking for a cool backglow, just look for some thick caps where the light doesn't shine through but has a residual glow. (If you're going this route, you could just buy a bunch of coloured blanks)

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 02:48:56 »
I would like the shine through caps just for the look. I have another poker with the thick caps, but I like the shine through.

Offline ArchieTect

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 10:09:27 »
I suggest you get these translucent ABS caps off Massdrop:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/abs-clear-keycaps

And combine that with some novelty keys and you are good to go.

The issue you will run into is short of a full keyset, you will have to mix and match profiles. The massdrop above is OEM, you will typically find most novelties in DCS DSA or SA profiles. This is perfectly functional, but might not be your cup o tea.

Here are some PMK G20 caps that could look like toxic sludge in VCC green.

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-1-space-pack-of-10/