Author Topic: Keycap & Keyboard Photography  (Read 2162436 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: Keycap & Keyboard Photography
« Reply #6350 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:13:31 »
End of year post with the majority of my boards. Wish you guys a happy new year!
Show Image

Lots of purple. I like your style  :thumb:

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #6351 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:15:01 »
End of year post with the majority of my boards. Wish you guys a happy new year!
Show Image

Haha thanks. It's definitely become my favorite keyboard color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6352 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:42:44 »
Show Image

Haha thanks. It's definitely become my favorite keyboard color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I see a purple Fjell in there. I missed out on round 1 but hoping to score a purple one in round 2 to put my JTK Debut on. Looks great with Hyperfuse!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #6353 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 17:29:09 »
As promised, after getting my hands on 80%, 60%, 45% and 40%, here comes a 38%.

Not a fan of the edges but I really want to explore the layout.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Oh man this dinky thing is too cute. What is it?

Offline MMKB

« Reply #6354 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 19:52:33 »
As promised, after getting my hands on 80%, 60%, 45% and 40%, here comes a 38%.

Not a fan of the edges but I really want to explore the layout.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Oh man this dinky thing is too cute. What is it?

A Daisy PCB with a case from here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=562813451527. The case is IMO terribly executed though.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #6355 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 20:25:33 »

A Daisy PCB with a case from here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=562813451527. The case is IMO terribly executed though.

Oh? How so?

Offline jnav

• Endgame is for quitters.
    • Macclack
« Reply #6356 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 21:31:56 »
Here's a build I just finished last night--it was my first 60% build and I'm really happy with the way it came out. Revo 60% case with Zeal60 PCB, Abyss SA keyset, Tealios, & clear stabilizers. I know there's been some issues with the Revo case but somehow I got lucky I guess. Mine was blemish-free as far as I can tell. Had to add some spacers to the PCB to get the USB to sit flush with the hole in the case.
 185860-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6357 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 04:08:43 »
Here's a build I just finished last night--it was my first 60% build and I'm really happy with the way it came out. Revo 60% case with Zeal60 PCB, Abyss SA keyset, Tealios, & clear stabilizers. I know there's been some issues with the Revo case but somehow I got lucky I guess. Mine was blemish-free as far as I can tell. Had to add some spacers to the PCB to get the USB to sit flush with the hole in the case.
  (Attachment Link)

Looks great and I love the colours (even if it's not yellow) :)

That's a heck of a high case though, plus SA keycaps - very high typing position.  Any issues with that?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #6358 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:15:04 »
My freshly rebuilt X60 with GMK Miami Nights

Offline jnav

• Endgame is for quitters.
    • Macclack
« Reply #6359 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 13:12:01 »
  (Attachment Link)

That's a heck of a high case though, plus SA keycaps - very high typing position.  Any issues with that?

Yeah, it's a bit extreme. So far it hasn't been an issue but for long typing sessions GMK/Cherry Profile is my go-to.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #6360 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 13:13:07 »

Love the brightness of the legends. Almost glowing. May I ask what switches and plate you rebuilt it with and how you like the typing sound?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6361 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 13:31:04 »
  (Attachment Link)

Nice board and yeah, I wanted to ask about that case height too. Crazy height.  :eek:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #6362 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 13:52:42 »

Love the brightness of the legends. Almost glowing. May I ask what switches and plate you rebuilt it with and how you like the typing sound?

So I got in on some of the leftovers of this GB, and the order I picked up had an aluminum plate in red. I didn't care so much for that combo so I initially built it with gat browns knowing I'd change it out when Anthony offered the acrylic plates. The new plate arrived last week so I put a black/gold GH60 rev.C in it with 65g Zealio switches. I was worried the acrylic would be too flimsy, and when putting the caps on, there is a bit of flex for sure, but typing is quite nice (very soft with a bit of snap). I'm still hunting for a WKL case in silver to build...

And I have Honeywell on my Viper (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pauwgp753io4x47/HoneyViper_9009FMJ.jpg?dl=0) to keep things classy so I could have a bit of fun with the X60.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 15:58:28 by ctzn_voyager »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6363 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 15:51:08 »
I'm definitely not the best photographer by any means but here is a nice shot of my latest build I did a little tinkering with to make it pop. It's a RSII+ ver.C with lubed rd.8 78g Zealios & clipped/lubed/bandaid modded Cherry screw in stabilizers. Probably my best feeling build to date since I'm really getting the hang of building them now & splurged a bit on higher end components. :)
185891-0

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6364 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 16:13:57 »
I'm definitely not the best photographer by any means but here is a nice shot of my latest build I did a little tinkering with to make it pop. It's a RSII+ ver.C with lubed rd.8 78g Zealios & clipped/lubed/bandaid modded Cherry screw in stabilizers. Probably my best feeling build to date since I'm really getting the hang of building them now & splurged a bit on higher end components. :)
(Attachment Link)

Nice man  :thumb: where'd you get that spacebar?

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6365 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 23:20:04 »
(Attachment Link)

Thanks! It was part of the spacebar kit I got during Originative's last GB for Sky Dolch.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6366 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 23:47:03 »
(Attachment Link)

Thanks! It was part of the spacebar kit I got during Originative's last GB for Sky Dolch.

Ahh cool. I'll have to keep an eye on the site. Thanks

Offline MMKB

« Reply #6367 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 12:35:51 »
So I got in on some of the leftovers of this GB, and the order I picked up had an aluminum plate in red. I didn't care so much for that combo so I initially built it with gat browns knowing I'd change it out when Anthony offered the acrylic plates. The new plate arrived last week so I put a black/gold GH60 rev.C in it with 65g Zealio switches. I was worried the acrylic would be too flimsy, and when putting the caps on, there is a bit of flex for sure, but typing is quite nice (very soft with a bit of snap). I'm still hunting for a WKL case in silver to build...

And I have Honeywell on my Viper (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pauwgp753io4x47/HoneyViper_9009FMJ.jpg?dl=0) to keep things classy so I could have a bit of fun with the X60.

Good strategy. Being very neutral and unobtrusive makes the X60 a good match for almost anything.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6368 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:14:31 »
Was looking through some old pics when I found this one.  Throwback to artisan-infused beer time.  ^-^

ClackBotBingeHipsterBeer by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline cucgach

« Reply #6369 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 03:00:58 »
186095-0

NIU40
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline Sissy

« Reply #6370 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 22:59:57 »

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #6371 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 03:16:33 »
Show Image

Yuri is a great match, looking good :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #6372 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 05:04:51 »

Offline Ailment

« Reply #6373 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 07:36:52 »
Printed myself a case for my Tada.  Just a test at this point but working on some different aesthetics now that all the spacing is figured out.

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #6374 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 11:39:51 »
Skulthulhus on the run!

« Last Edit: Wed, 10 January 2018, 11:44:00 by icyskyz »
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #6375 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 06:18:20 »
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #6376 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 10:16:07 »
Show Image

Dang, the Mira looks great. Nice build

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Offline lorento

• The Eye Key
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheEyeKey/
« Reply #6377 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 11:16:41 »
Locks and Keys
186294-0
186296-1
186298-2
Do something for your keyboard
Artisan of The Eye Key
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheEyeKey/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theeyekey/
Discord: https://discord.gg/ey7Enr8sWc

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #6378 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 16:40:43 »
Dang, the Mira looks great. Nice build

Thanks  :thumb:
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #6379 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 18:19:09 »
Printed myself a case for my Tada.  Just a test at this point but working on some different aesthetics now that all the spacing is figured out.
Show Image

Show Image

Nice, the lil side cuts are neat :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline nogoodnames444

• I like keyboards
« Reply #6380 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 22:27:37 »
186327-0

Offline Ailment

« Reply #6381 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 23:00:43 »
Show Image

Show Image

Nice, the lil side cuts are neat :cool:

Thanks!  Hoping to make it a little more interesting soon.

Offline Felion

« Reply #6382 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 21:37:09 »
My latest build:

Keyboard:
KBD19X, Cherry MX Silent (Lubed SPRiT 68g), Band-Aid-mod, Lubed stabbs, extra 5mm Soft dampening between PCB and Plate, Bitumen dampening in the chassi, screw-in stabs (nice ones!). Red/Blue/Green 3mm LED for status LEDs, White LED 2x3x4 on Esc, Lindy Cable.

Keycaps:
GMK Oblivion, ABS, DS, Monocrome Mods.

Soundlevels: -20 dB(A) (@25cm) compared to Model M (that is quite quiet!)

Build-log: https://imgur.com/a/jJZH1 (and some extra glamour)
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 January 2018, 00:43:47 by Felion »
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6383 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 05:42:10 »
My latest build:
Show Image

Keyboard:
KBD19X, Cherry MX Silent (Lubed SPRiT 68g), Band-Aid-mod, Lubed stabbs, extra 5mm Soft dampening between PCB and Plate, Bitumen dampening in the chassi, screw-in stabs (nice ones!). Red/Blue/Green 3mm LED for status LEDs, White LED 2x3x4 on Esc, Lindy Cable.

Keycaps:
GMK Oblivion, ABS, DS, Monocrome Mods.

Soundlevels: -20 dB(A) (@25cm) compared to Model M (that is quite quiet!)

Build-log: https://imgur.com/a/jJZH1 (and some extra glamour)
the

Holy smokes that's one hell of a build. I love me some great builds that's totally made to be just like the owner wants and not just a "hypebeast" build.  :thumb:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline vegs

« Reply #6384 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 06:37:48 »

More

hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #6385 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 19:04:29 »
Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Woah. Yet another build convincing me that I need an x60

Silents on poly must feel amazing.. :thumb:

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #6386 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 20:10:34 »
Switched out one of my artisans with one of the Wintermint Orochis.. not a perfect match but I think it works well.

I've made a little gallery which can be seen here.. https://flic.kr/s/aHskApnrYp
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6387 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 23:09:44 »
So, I think this looks kinda cool.

Penumbra alphas with Nautilus Mods

Just need a brass plate :)

186590-0

Offline lorento

• The Eye Key
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheEyeKey/
« Reply #6388 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 06:41:56 »
Rose by The Eye Key186606-0
Do something for your keyboard
Artisan of The Eye Key
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheEyeKey/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theeyekey/
Discord: https://discord.gg/ey7Enr8sWc

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6389 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 19:49:08 »
Switched out one of my artisans with one of the Wintermint Orochis.. not a perfect match but I think it works well.

Show Image

I've made a little gallery which can be seen here.. https://flic.kr/s/aHskApnrYp

Very nice indeed!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6390 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 22:43:10 »
Sorry to see the Patriot Reaper go =[ but it'll be in a good home

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #6391 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 16:12:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome! Makes me think of the GMK Miami Nights GB, and I really like these colors.
... ...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6392 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 14:14:23 »

Show Image

That spacebar.... Dreamy.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #6393 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:06:42 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6394 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 06:40:51 »

Show Image

That spacebar.... Dreamy.

So sad that there won't be any more from Ramage =(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6395 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 19:47:57 »
Both showing signs of wear

LZ-GH by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Dolch PAC by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6396 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 20:22:19 »

Show Image

Show Image

Both look great though!

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #6397 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 01:45:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very solid workhorses. :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6398 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 01:58:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

this makes me so excited to shine the **** out of this GMK soware set

also nice touch with the watermarks in the corner
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 January 2018, 02:02:33 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6399 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 09:27:47 »
Very solid workhorses. :thumb:

Both look great though!

this makes me so excited to shine the **** out of this GMK soware set

also nice touch with the watermarks in the corner

Thanks guys!  ^-^  And Puddsy, you can't go wrong with a good shine.  :)