Author Topic: [IC] Shark Boards Aluminum Cases and Aluminum Plates  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
[IC] Shark Boards Aluminum Cases and Aluminum Plates
« on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 10:44:18 »
Let's give this another shot...

First, the goods -- https://photos.app.goo.gl/vcaGn2JTvvfPYFAe8

Alternative case, which has a recessed plate -- https://photos.app.goo.gl/SXARdafVgaE4noBLA. The issue with this one is the weight. We're interested in getting this off the ground, but at 2.16 pounds per piece, the shipping cost will be expensive.

Interest Check Form ----->https://woodcables.com/ic/

Now that the Shark PCB group buy has concluded (but you can still pick up a PCB HERE.),  we thought there was no better time than to get the premium case and plate off the ground. We tried this in the past, but the group buy failed, most likely due to not having a proven product in the hands of consumers.

Either way, we're back, and we would like to gather some input from the community.

First, and the most important item -- the colors. With the exception of Black, we would like some input on color choices.

Case (MOQ of 100):

-Black - 50 pieces.

-Gray (pictured above) - 25 pieces.

-Silver or maybe White? - 25 pieces.

-----------------------------------

Plates (MOQ of 100):

-Black (pictured above) - 50 pieces.

-Cyan (pictured above) - 25 pieces.

-Pink (pictured above) - 25 pieces.

How The GB Will Work:

This will be a change from the first attempt, and we think it will make things easier. Since the MOQ for the cases and plates are both 100, these two items will be sold in a package. If after the GB, extras remain, we will offer to sell them individually.

$75 for each Case Kit. Just choose the color option for both. Hardware and rubber feet included. USPS First Class shipping cost (based on one Case Kit) will be $5 domestic, $11 Canada, and $15 to the rest of the world.

Interest Check Form ----->https://woodcables.com/ic/

Technical Info:

The Shark Case offers a unique and secure mounting system, where the PCB and plate are both individually held in place by 11 total phillips head screws. All of which will be provided in the packaging.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2019, 11:15:08 by Wood_Cables »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [IC] Shark Boards Aluminum Cases and Aluminum Plates
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 00:34:51 »
The hipro cases interest me, but I would like to see it without an angle - just flat like the low pro one.

And for those who didn't purchase a PCB, would there be an option to add a PCB too?

Lastly, the form does not have the teal and violet plates listed. Are those not being offered?

Offline cigs_coffee

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 01:50:09 »
Case with recessed plate looks sleek (colour as well). No IC for that one?

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 08:14:12 »
The hipro cases interest me, but I would like to see it without an angle - just flat like the low pro one.

And for those who didn't purchase a PCB, would there be an option to add a PCB too?

Lastly, the form does not have the teal and violet plates listed. Are those not being offered?

The first time we did this IC was back in May, where the color options for the plates were what I showed above. Not a lot of people like brightly colored plates, which I think is the reason we don't see them offered more often. We're going the safe route with plates this time, but wanted to leave the option open for another color based on feedback from the community.

We debated the angle on the Tall Case (our name for it), but decided to go with a slight angle. It isn't too bad, meaning there isn't a noticeable difference in typing between that and the Short Case.

Lastly, the PCB's are still available, though limited stock. visit http://woodcables.com/shark if you're interested.

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 08:15:07 »
Case with recessed plate looks sleek (colour as well). No IC for that one?

We have to figure out a way to cut down the weight of that case. Right now it's about 2.15 pounds of solid aluminum. Shipping cost from the manufacturer is almost $1000 alone.

Offline pockydavid

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 11:02:38 »
This looks amazing! Does it fit a Planck V6 hotswap PCB?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline equalunique

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 11:25:54 »
The IC form dropdown list of plate colors is just Black and Grey. Was there a decision to limit the plates to those two colors, or is it a mistake that it doesn't have Black, Cyan, Pink?

Also, the angled hi-pro case is one that I seriously covet. Quality angled ortho cases are much rarer than regular ortho cases, which are already quite rare to begin with (e.g., OLKB seems to be always out of stock). I'll still buy even it it isn't offered this time, and I can see how splitting it into a seperate IC/GB might make sense. Hoping to get it past MOQ one day tho.

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 October 2019, 11:29:31 by equalunique »

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 13:20:50 »
This looks amazing! Does it fit a Planck V6 hotswap PCB?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It will not. The Planck has those little standoffs soldered onto the PCB, and they will interfere with the case.

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 13:22:42 »
The IC form dropdown list of plate colors is just Black and Grey. Was there a decision to limit the plates to those two colors, or is it a mistake that it doesn't have Black, Cyan, Pink?

Also, the angled hi-pro case is one that I seriously covet. Quality angled ortho cases are much rarer than regular ortho cases, which are already quite rare to begin with (e.g., OLKB seems to be always out of stock). I'll still buy even it it isn't offered this time, and I can see how splitting it into a seperate IC/GB might make sense. Hoping to get it past MOQ one day tho.

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

The first time we did this, the colored plates were't of any interest to most people. So, we decided to play it safe and go with a more universal plate color. I can add them to the list, but I'm not sure they'll sell.

Regarding the case with the angle, we need to cut down the weight of it because it's over 2 pounds at the moment. Shipping from the manufacturer is very expensive.