geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GMK Orchid

(1/4) > >>

tex_live_utility:

GMK Orchid - inspired by the orchid flower and vintage botanical illustrationsDesigned by Keyboard Chameleon and Salt Rock Lamp
After more than a year in the making, I am happy to present GMK Orchid for its public interest check, designed by Keyboard Chameleon and myself. This keyset is meant to evoke the elegance of orchid flowers and the intricate beauty of vintage botanical illustrations.

The base alpha color is the GMK stock color L9. These keycaps can be used in mix-and-match fashion along with other classic L9-based keysets such as Pristine, 9009, and Classic Retro / KA1953. Mauve modifiers, red legends, and red accents resemble the rich colors of the orchid flower itself. The optional green accents add a leafy, naturalistic perspective. This keyset will look especially handsome on silver, dark or light gray, blue-gray, white, pink, green, and frosted translucent keyboards.

We are currently working on novelty and kit designs. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Real-life color samples:

More renders with various accent color combos:

More

Note that the design is not finalized and we are open to feedback on colors, novelties, and kit design. In particular, we are strongly considering changing to the Text+Icon modifier legend style

To-do list:

* Publish draft kit design
* Publish draft novelty design
* Deskmats and other collabs??
* Connect with vendors
* Finalize designs
* Obtain professional-quality renders
* Finalize pricing
Yes, I have other currently-active interest checks. These projects are sufficiently different that they will not conflict with each other. I will not run concurrent group buys, and Chameleon will be in charge while I am occupied with other projects.

Discord contact:

* salt rock lamp#0679
* chameleon#4027
Follow us on Instagram:

* @salt_rock_keyboards
* @keyboard_chameleon
Acknowledgements and thanks:

* Pngu and Acerecon, for their help with my Fusion 360 renders
* The Hap gang for their valuable ongoing feedback and encouragement
* CQ_Cumbers for his affordable render service

If you like the keyset, you're welcome to support us by adding our banner to your forum signature! Use the following code:

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105034.0][img width=206 height=75]https://i.imgur.com/1PZVCVG.png[/img][/url]
--- End code ---

tex_live_utility:
Reserved

IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES:
Love the colors. Looking forward to novelties n mats.

dom:
"After more than a year in the making"  :eek:

Good luck!  :) It will match lots of boards!

dantambok:
Oh god i love the colors

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version