Author Topic: Why doesn't this exist?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Why doesn't this exist?
« on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 21:22:15 »
Why don't they have touchscreen monitors where you can hold your smartphone or tablet up to the side and swipe your desktops current content onto your portable device?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Why doesn't this exist?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 21:24:30 »
Why doesn't an app exist where you can take a photo of products on a shelf and search for what you are looking for by text identification? Like when you are at the grocery store and looking at the spice shelf for a specific bottle of spice, or looking at a bookshelf for a specific book you know is on that shelf.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 22:10:48 »
headscratch. both those things exist.  No body uses them.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 22:58:30 »
Why don't they have touchscreen monitors where you can hold your smartphone or tablet up to the side and swipe your desktops current content onto your portable device?
Surface Tablets and Screens do it, Windows phone probably or eventually would have also done it.

Ever see Weather people, NCIS or some other cop show fling things onto the screen, that's what they're using.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 21:19:51 »
Turtle, they do have the second one.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 11:53:21 »
Why doesn't an app exist where you can take a photo of products on a shelf and search for what you are looking for by text identification? Like when you are at the grocery store and looking at the spice shelf for a specific bottle of spice, or looking at a bookshelf for a specific book you know is on that shelf.

Pretty sure synergy and software like that exists, but touch screens suck thats all

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 19:11:37 »
Surface Tablets and Screens do it, Windows phone probably or eventually would have also done it.

Ever see Weather people, NCIS or some other cop show fling things onto the screen, that's what they're using.

Windows phones did, well in the w10 alpha/beta one the phones - I know I could do it w/ my Nokia 925 (I miss my Windows phones  :'( )

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D