Author Topic: [GB] E6-V2 Custom 60% Keyboard - INVOICED  (Read 209725 times)

Offline BAS1C

Re: [GB] E6-V2 Custom 60% Keyboard - INVOICED
« Reply #800 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:15:58 »
Show Image

Aww yis

so much tease. MORE PICS!!!

Did you get 3? Or are things individually boxed?

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #801 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:18:12 »
Show Image

Aww yis

Send some more pics pls.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #802 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:27:47 »

I got 2 full cases and then extra of midcase/plate.

Everything seems pretty much flawless though.

One thing I noticed is there was some sort of oil or something around the weight screw holes. I’m assuming there was some sort of lube on the screws that leaked out a bit. But it rubbed off with ISO, so who cares :D.

The finish is amazing tho. It’s sooooooo smooth.

I can’t wait to get one assembled. Fortunately my giant order of 67g zeals came today too. (The new ones are amaze, at least from the few minute I played with them).

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #803 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:33:36 »
Show Image

One thing I noticed is there was some sort of oil or something around the weight screw holes. I’m assuming there was some sort of lube on the screws that leaked out a bit. But it rubbed off with ISO, so who cares :D.

I can’t wait to get one assembled. Fortunately my giant order of 67g zeals came today too. (The new ones are amaze, at least from the few minute I played with them).

Wow, amazing! Can't wait :)

I got a purple and brass mid, both colours look great.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
[GB] E6-V2 Custom 60% Keyboard - INVOICED
« Reply #804 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:40:07 »
Also, in case anyone is curious, purple Klippe vs e6-v2. It’s a bit more pink, but I still really like the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #805 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:47:26 »
Now to figure out how to flash the QMK pcbs.

This should be fun.

Offline ptiede

« Reply #806 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 17:21:16 »

This should be fun.

Let me know what you do. I'm going to need to figure that out on Monday xD

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #807 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 17:27:17 »

This should be fun.

I'm TRYING to figure out the matrix, but is less than ideal since the entire pcb is matte black and you can hardly see traces. plus nothing is labeled.

The leds still come on when it plugs in tho, so it may already have something flashed, not sure how that works by default.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #808 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 17:29:43 »
Show Image

Especially in love with the black/purple  :) I need to find one of these!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #809 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 17:32:22 »

This should be fun.

I'm TRYING to figure out the matrix, but is less than ideal since the entire pcb is matte black and you can hardly see traces. plus nothing is labeled.

The leds still come on when it plugs in tho, so it may already have something flashed, not sure how that works by default.

Can you share the file/pathway when you've got it sorted if you get it figured out first? :)  have fun with the builds!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #810 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 18:02:47 »
Amnesia...if you need help....you know where I work.  :p

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #811 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 18:45:17 »

This should be fun.

Can you share the file/pathway when you've got it sorted if you get it figured out first? :)  have fun with the builds!

Yup, I’ll figure out some way to share it one way or another. So far I’ve gotten the columns worked out. And I think I have the right pin for the rgb. Still gotta find the Led pin and do keymaps.

I guess I should assemble one of the pcbs soon so I can actually test when I’m ready.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #812 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 21:36:59 »
Oh, also, for those who care, pcbs seem to fit holtites perfectly. was actually hard to pop em back out lol.

I'm not using them for this specific build since i just expect to change it, but figured might as well check for other interested parties.

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #813 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 21:49:44 »
Oh, also, for those who care, pcbs seem to fit holtites perfectly. was actually hard to pop em back out lol.

I'm not using them for this specific build since i just expect to change it, but figured might as well check for other interested parties.

Do you just press them in or solder them?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #814 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 00:24:39 »

Do you just press them in or solder them?

I just did a press fit with a flat spudger to get it all the way in. Seems like a tight fit to me with zeal holtites. There are 1-2 partial holes that COULD need solder, but certainly not guaranteed. The seemed to be more than 50% of a circle, so probably is fine.

Almost ready to start testing one:

It is already flashed with something, but it seems to expect split left shift (or the normal left shift led traces are bad, but I checked bridging the positive to both splits and either one works, so worst case it’s an easy fix). That said I expect it’s just a matter of mapping it right.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 00:26:37 by Amnesia »

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #815 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 01:41:10 »
Wow the boards are looking as good as I thought they were going to. I gotta say though, this has been one hell of a GB for most of us that stuck around from the start. Should we wait for everyone to get their boards first or should we start planning Exclusive's victory parade now?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #816 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 02:50:56 »
First, in case anyone was currious, the brass midcase/plate adds ~10oz (~280g)

Wow the boards are looking as good as I thought they were going to. I gotta say though, this has been one hell of a GB for most of us that stuck around from the start. Should we wait for everyone to get their boards first or should we start planning Exclusive's victory parade now?

It really is crazy how far this GB has come from the train wreck that it started with.

Exclusive has been great throughout, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again, just gotta wait for the next board he makes that I want :P

So many many thanks to Exclusive for seeing this through.

Overall everything about the board has been fantastic. I have a few TINY nitpicks:

• why is there a weird switch cutout for ?/ ? (it's wider than the keycap to the right, so for some reason between ? and shift you see the pcb, not the plate. it doesn't hurt anything, I just couldn't figure out what it could possibly be for lol)
  • why is there 1 random silver Phillips screw for one of the mounts?  (yes, i know it doesn't actually matter at all, im more curious for this one)
  • In the future, instead of threading the nameplates into both the top case and the nameplate, you should only put threads in the nameplate. Then you can use a countersunk hole in the case that is BIGGER than the screw to allow the nameplate to be tighted down all the way. (as it is it will wobble a bit since there is no way to actually tighten the plates, I just stuck a tiny piece of cotton in there for now, I'll probably play with some sort of putty or paper just to get a more uniform fit, but it holds it tight at least. alternatively you could also put in a 3rd hole in the middle, and then a divit in the nameplates. Then you could add a 3rd screw with a pointed tip to use to apply tension. I think the first option is better, but either would work.)
  • i really wish the HHKB had a different plate for cleaner lines, but i totally get why it didn't
  • the cutout for the usb port could look nicer. the ONLY reason I point this out, is that the left port case looks much nicer there than the midport case. My assumption this is because the midport is smaller, and perhaps it was too thin. but the hard edges just don't look nice when everything else is nice and rounded out.
  • my life woulda been so much easier if the bottom of the PCB was labeled instead of matte black like the top, don't get me wrong, it looks really nice, its just no fun tracking all the traces with a multimeter and guessing for the rest :P
  • its too pretty... im so scared of scratching it

Like I said though. I consider all these super minor issues, none would stop me from buying again and I have no regrets at all about what I did buy.

But now for the important question... when do we get the E6.5? :P

Edit:

I'm too tired to actually mess with building/flashing QMK tonight since it's gonna be quite the game of trial and error. but in case anyone else is gonna mess with it before I get to it tomorrow, I believe the matrix columns are:

#define MATRIX_COL_PINS { C7, C6, B6, B5, B4, D7, D6, D4, F6, F7, F5, F4, F1, B0, B1 }

I can't tell for rows, but there can't be that many options left. Also I believe E2 is RGB and then i THINK D3 (maybe D5) is the led pin.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 03:22:36 by Amnesia »

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #817 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 06:24:17 »
Finaly got mine a couple minutes ago

Looks stunning, and absolutely flawless

Edit: with options

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 07:10:33 by Damonskv »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #818 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 06:51:13 »
Ohboy the suspense is killing me I wish I knew where mine's at right now.

The boards look really good from those pictures  :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #819 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:38:28 »
why is there a weird switch cutout for ?/ ? (it's wider than the keycap to the right, so for some reason between ? and shift you see the pcb, not the plate. it doesn't hurt anything, I just couldn't figure out what it could possibly be for lol)

So you can move ?/ over for arrow keys:

These turned out great Exclusive, congrats & thank you for your hard work.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #820 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 15:50:45 »
why is there a weird switch cutout for ?/ ? (it's wider than the keycap to the right, so for some reason between ? and shift you see the pcb, not the plate. it doesn't hurt anything, I just couldn't figure out what it could possibly be for lol)

So you can move ?/ over for arrow keys:

Show Image

These turned out great Exclusive, congrats & thank you for your hard work.

I considered that, but it doesn’t really make sense for the middle port version given the pcb doesn’t support it and it’s not like there are other pcbs with the same cutouts and a middle port that would also fit.

I guess the plates COULD be the same for both versions, even if the other parts are all different. I don’t really mind having a gap there, it’s more annoying to me simply because there is a gap there that has no actual use at all.

Either way though, from my perspective this gb is a big success.

Finaly got mine a couple minutes ago

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks stunning, and absolutely flawless

Edit: with options

Show Image

Show Image

Dang, that red looks so good. The hardest part for me was choosing colors. I still kinda regret not getting blue and red plates and midcases. There are just so many cool possibilities.

Offline techfresh

« Reply #821 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 19:43:06 »
Received mine yesterday but I’m not at home.  Family was able to give me a teaser pic.

Thank you Exclusive for the comeback of the year!  Thank you for your persistence and professionalism!  Cant wait for your next project.

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 19:49:12 by techfresh »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #822 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 19:43:07 »
Ok. I’ve been getting closer to ready to test flashing my board. I was trying to figure out the left shift led and couldn’t seem to get it to work so I took another look at the pcb, and it seems the actually forgot to connect the terminal to the trace lol:

So positive terminal does nothing:

Super minor issue for me since I don’t really care about the LEDs, and if you use normal left shift either of the surrounding unused terminals are available and work:

Anyway, the keyboard itself is totally functional without any firmware, and all the switches work and all the other LED work (caps lock is defaulted to a toggle LED).

I’ll update in a bit once I have started flashing stuff.

Edit:

Oh, and I think it may actually be true of both ansi shifts, but backspace seems fine with any pinout. I went ahead and tested all the different multi position slots (bottom row and iso enter) and they all seem fine as well.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 19:49:34 by Amnesia »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #823 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 21:08:58 »
Almost there on the qmk firmware.

All keys now work, multi layers and such.

RGB works.

Just working on the back-light. Then I have to figure out how to actually share it back to github.

That said if anyone needs it now, just lemme know. Even without backlight, it at least will let you program and map your board and make it functional :D.

Edit:

nvm, got the backlight toggles working too. Trying to figure out the caps lock thing just so i can turn it off, but that is just cause i dont like it :D.

Edit again:

so the controls do "work" but they are backwards (increase dims decrease increase brightness) and the leds won't actually turn off, just dim most of the way. I even tried disabling them in the firmware entirely but they still stay on super dim.

@exclusive, any chance you can share the pcb design so we can try and figure out whats up? its really hard to follow the pcb since its all black and unlabeled.

It should at least in theory be possible to fix it i think, since when it's in DFU mode, then the LEDs turn off even though the RGB ones stay on.

Current version is here:

https://github.com/amnesia0287/qmk_firmware/tree/amnesia0287/keyboards/e6v2
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 22:28:24 by Amnesia »

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #824 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 01:02:59 »
DHL tracking number :https://i.imgur.com/eNr9Ecc.png

QMK pcb left shift led need welding a line to fix like amnesia said . FN+q /w/e/r is rgb led model .e and r was changing color

FN+c/v/b/n was led  .press fn+n five times led will off.

here is qmk pcb jason file :https://www.dropbox.com/s/uugwoaqwylr0e9d/jia60.json?dl=0

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #825 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 02:09:28 »

QMK pcb left shift led need welding a line to fix like amnesia said . FN+q /w/e/r is rgb led model .e and r was changing color

here is qmk pcb jason file :https://www.dropbox.com/s/uugwoaqwylr0e9d/jia60.json?dl=0

I tried this on one of my unflashed PCBs, and I still get the same result. Everything else works fine, but the LEDs never fully turn off, they just get REALLY dim. Like even in a dark room they aren't very bright, but they 100% do not turn off.

I'm messing around with toggling some of the pins to see if anything helps, but at this point I'm wondering if its the resistor right before the  or something. Cause it DOES manage the brightness, it just never actually gets to 0.

I've been working with Jack Humbert (the guy who started QMK) over at https://gitter.im/qmk/qmk_firmware to try a few things, but it's really hard to know why the LEDs won't turn off without having the actual PCB design.

There are a few possibilities I can think of.

• There could be a resistor somewhere that isn't strong enough so when the pullup resistor is engaged on the pin, it's still leaking enough voltage to power the LEDs. maybe the one right before the a5shb transistor.
  • Something else could be bridged with the LED traces that is giving them another source of power.
  • something is just wired wrong

Ideally I'm hoping its just a matter of tracking down the problem and fixing it, swap a resistor or bridge something. Worse case if it was an actual problem with the PCB, I'd even consider just ordering my own PCBs from OSH Park if you will provide the design. I basically just wanna figure out if this can be fixed without replacement, and if not, figure out how to make my own.

To be clear, I'm not trying to complain. I'm very happy with my boards, and I can totally deal with this issue. I plan to keep my boards either way tho, just cause I usually keep the LEDs off anyway, so I can just pull the LEDs and be happy, plus the under glow is the sexy part anyway. I just would would love it if everything worked, plus with OSH Park i can get sexy purple and gold PCBs :P.

Edit:

Now I'm almost 100% positive the issue is just a matter of resistance. I built my board with UV alphas and green mods, and only the green mods were really glowing, so i figured might as well try something else. I swapped in a single red LED and all the green ones immediately turned off and only the single red led is on. So more than likely there just needs to be a bit more resistance in the path depending on the LED colors.

I'm kinda tempted to try and add one in the chain somewhere, maybe just attach it to one of the open LED slots. Regardless, I'm pretty sure it's fixable somehow, probably the resistor between the transistor and B6 like i was saying before.

I need to order more LEDs so i can test with each individual color to figure out what will and wont work.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 January 2018, 02:33:27 by Amnesia »

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #826 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 02:23:58 »
Dude, sick work on all of this the last couple of days, Amnesia. I do QMK at about a Kindergarten level (Zeal60 is my one any only run with making a board work in QMK), but I get and appreciate the power QMK offers and just think it’s cool as snit that you’re plowing through this for the E6. When you get it all sorted out and maybe run your own boards, I’d get one for fun, so let us know/ run a mini GB. The way the early pics are looking, this is going to be a board we will all want to enjoy for a long time, an Extra PCB or two never hurts.

Thanks for all the work guys like you and Jack are doing on QMK these days, there’s even hope for pleebs like me to jump in.

Offline nonah

« Reply #827 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 09:39:51 »
E6 arrived!

Exclusive, I must say you've really outdone yourself, this is really, really nice.
I wouldn't hesitate a second buying a another keyboard from you, really glad I jumped onto this.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #828 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:40:47 »

Nothing soldered yet, just fitting switches/caps

https://i.imgur.com/PJhEwQa.jpg

Offline dhw

« Reply #829 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:41:32 »
Just got mine! packaged and and so far I see no sign of flaws. Most excellent work.

Any chance of buying an extra plate? Looking for a Purple one.

Offline ptiede

« Reply #830 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:50:29 »
Just got mine! Looks great. There is a small scratch on the weight on the bottom but I don't care. Everything else is flawless!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #831 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 13:33:19 »
Got mine and built it already, the mounting for the nameplate is unfortunate but I see how there weren't many possibilities to machine it otherwise.

The json you shared is incorrect btw, it uses B2 as a pin where it should be B1 (the rightmost column, only used for split backspace)

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #832 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 14:26:18 »
How do I program it? I still haven't gotten mine but want to be ready once its delivered.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #833 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 15:32:35 »

Anyone have any ideas how abouts to remove a stripped case screw..

Offline ptiede

« Reply #834 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 15:45:30 »
Finished building mine. I'll take a better picture later but I had to post this since I think it looks amazing.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #835 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 16:53:02 »
Finished building mine. I'll take a better picture later but I had to post this since I think it looks amazing.

Wow that looks awesome!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #836 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:33:05 »

Which screw?

Offline Mowo

• Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #837 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:48:13 »
Just received mine also, a few slight blemishes on the weight but overall I am very, very happy.  Thank you so much exclusive for carrying out this group buy, look forward to seeing what other designs you come up with in future!!

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #838 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:14:25 »

Which screw?

Black hex case screws, one got stuck and stripped ):

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #839 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:16:21 »

Which screw?

Black hex case screws, one got stuck and stripped ):

Maybe try to find a Flathead(edit oops, I dunno why I said Phillips) head that can get more grip . The screws shouldn't be THAT tight.

The main reason i asked, is the top left screw isn't a hex screw like the others, so it could seem like it's stripped when it's just a different bit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 20:03:23 by Amnesia »

Offline energyd

« Reply #840 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:21:36 »

I'm not in the list :rolleyes:

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #841 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 20:17:25 »
First, in case anyone was currious, the brass midcase/plate adds ~10oz (~280g)

It really is crazy how far this GB has come from the train wreck that it started with.

Exclusive has been great throughout, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again, just gotta wait for the next board he makes that I want :P

• why is there 1 random silver Phillips screw for one of the mounts?  (yes, i know it doesn't actually matter at all, im more curious for this one)

same here, I also have 1 random silver Phillips screw. I though it is just some packing mistakes.

btw, where do you guys get the GoldenAlu/Brass plate??

I didn't see this choice in the GB page!  :-X

The customized name tag looks really siiiiiiiick!!!
I remember I submitted my customized request to Exclusive but received a normal tag. It is my biggest sadness in the GB together with the lose of my founder edition weight. :( :(

Looking forward to the E6-V3
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #842 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 20:48:48 »
The silver screw is short than others black

Coz top left side hole was shorter than other so i choose this to make it different

Offline nonah

« Reply #843 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 20:53:43 »
On the topic of screws: you included one too few in my order!

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #844 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:51:10 »

I need a screw too. Is this a size I can get at like a hardware store like Lowes?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #845 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:55:34 »

I need a screw too. Is this a size I can get at like a hardware store like Lowes?
soket head cap screw M2.5 x 15 mm.

Offline blacksimon

• illuminati.works
    • illuminati.works
« Reply #846 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 23:41:22 »
Anyone else have an issue when using this json layout. Im using split backspace true hhkb layout, and the top right key worked before flashing this keymap, not after - maybe the matrix is not as defined within the keymap for some reason?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uugwoaqwylr0e9d/jia60.json?dl=0

Offline ptiede

« Reply #847 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 23:52:18 »
Anyone else have an issue when using this json layout. Im using split backspace true hhkb layout, and the top right key worked before flashing this keymap, not after - maybe the matrix is not as defined within the keymap for some reason?

I used the set up Amnesia created. I made exactly your set up and go it to work perfectly. I could send you my keymaps file if you wanted? It is of course in c but it pretty straightforward in what it does.

Offline blacksimon

• illuminati.works
    • illuminati.works
« Reply #848 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 23:54:52 »

I used the set up Amnesia created. I made exactly your set up and go it to work perfectly. I could send you my keymaps file if you wanted? It is of course in c but it pretty straightforward in what it does.

Im a scrub and use the online qmk editor to add all my FN layers (basically just cloning hhkb functions), could you share a hex or something so I can give it a try and see if its a keymap issue?

Offline ptiede

« Reply #849 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 00:00:43 »

Im a scrub and use the online qmk editor to add all my FN layers (basically just cloning hhkb functions), could you share a hex or something so I can give it a try and see if its a keymap issue?

Alright here is the hex I used to flash my keyboard.