Author Topic: Best LOOKING keyboard?  (Read 84851 times)

Offline jonathanyu

Re: Best LOOKING keyboard?
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 21:30:36 »
Show Image

Someone posted it on GH a while back, looks so sick hhhnnnnng.
is that red alert or something else?

It is BSP PBT dyesub with red font.
oh, i see

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 05:08:28 »
best looking? Glass keyboard:
Show Image

It has a certain appeal since it is so clean.

But it also looks like a weight scale.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 05:14:12 »
No tactile feedback.  In fact no feedback of any sort.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 06:08:47 »
A stock graphite Leopold FC700R looks mad sexy. It's a shame the legends wear out so easily (I'd love to have one with the blank caps seen on Leopold's site).

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 03:20:07 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 October 2013, 18:26:42 by sprit »

Offline SNF

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 03:55:45 »
HHKB :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 04:44:28 »
Maybe this?     http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Apple_Macintosh_Plus_Keyboard.jpg

Actually that is extremely similar to HHKB layout.  I hadn't noticed that before.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 08:49:53 »
Maybe this?     http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Apple_Macintosh_Plus_Keyboard.jpg

It does have a beautiful symmetry, and as another poster observed it is reminiscent of the HHKB Pro 2, which is another good-looking keyboard.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 10:18:40 »
I prefer the ANSI version, as that thin wedge of an ISO enter key looks out of place.

Which layout is QZERTY again? Italian I think?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 10:38:04 »
Show Image

Amazing!  what is this model?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 11:09:54 »
Show Image

Oh, the finger pain!
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 October 2013, 18:02:54 by Linkbane »
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 11:12:59 »
GT
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 16:54:53 »
GT
Show Image

The night black case + beige...dreamy..

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 21:15:10 »
GT
Show Image

I think its those caps. I have a set and just took them off of my titanium kmac2 about an hour ago. They look so clean and crisp on a dark case, probably my favorite combo of the stuff I own, oh, and they feel great to type on, also.

John

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
    • http://kiibohd.com
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 23:47:48 »

Honourable Mentions:

Kiibohd

ALWAYS looking for cool and interesting switches
I take requests for making keyboard converters (i.e. *old keyboard* to USB).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 00:22:12 »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:50:58 »
I know everyone has their opinions on the light saver, but damn i think it's sexy

credit goes to duck's site
http://duck0113.tistory.com/?page=1

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:53:59 »
Show Image

First thought.

REQUEST ACCESS TO MASTER CONTROL PROGRAM, USER CODE 00-DILLINGER.
PASSWORD: MASTER

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:54:08 »
I know everyone has their opinions on the light saver, but damn i think it's sexy

Show Image

yeah 10/10
I love Elzy

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 13:36:34 »
Would love this color scheme.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 13:47:57 »
Full-size:
Simply glorious.

TKL:
This would be perfect with a regular, non-red Esc key.

This is the best looking Korean keyboard, imo. The design and curves are just right. The Dolch set is perfect for this keyboard and color.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 18:00:54 »

Show Image

I like the board and I spoke to the guy that makes it, he says its a pain in the rear end to map the keys.I'm still scratching my head how Triker software works, but lucky me the TrikX works out the box. That board don't need the side acrylic upgrades....

Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline amasokin

• KBD Lunatic
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 09:35:36 »
HoffmanMyster's Dolch, already posted a bit earlier in this thread:

and

Sifo's GON NS 87 Miami:

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 09:53:16 »
My keyboard is the best looking one.
38478-0
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 10:19:24 »
(Attachment Link)

That thing doesn't even have a Windows key!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 10:22:54 »
(Attachment Link)

He doesn't need one. After all, he IS Microsoft Windows...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 15:54:31 »
(Attachment Link)

That's the point, isn't it?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:21:52 »
Show Image

Heh.  I'm glad you like it!  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:43:06 »
Show Image

Heh.  I'm glad you like it!  :D

Definitely has a certain appeal to it :)

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 17:18:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Honourable Mentions:
Show Image

Show Image

Yes, there was a time when the parenthesis were on 8 and 9! My old TRS-80 was like that. There was nothing on Shift-Zero, so on an updated version they used this as a CapsLock (the first version could only display uppercases).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 17:32:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Honourable Mentions:
Show Image

Show Image

Yes, there was a time when the parenthesis were on 8 and 9! My old TRS-80 was like that. There was nothing on Shift-Zero, so on an updated version they used this as a CapsLock (the first version could only display uppercases).

Heh and shift 2 was a double-quote!

And space bars were almost as wide as the keyboard.

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:57:14 »
This is the best looking Korean keyboard, imo. The design and curves are just right. The Dolch set is perfect for this keyboard and color.

Show Image

I have the exact same one, with the same keysets. It's the most beautiful keyboard I own, and of course the most expensive one as well. Beauty is not cheap.  ;)
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:13:53 »

Show Image

I have the exact same one, with the same keysets. It's the most beautiful keyboard I own, and of course the most expensive one as well. Beauty is not cheap.  ;)

How much it costed via GB trough LZ?
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 07:44:57 »
Here is my Phantom Space Cadet style with vintage blacks 62g and metalic black case.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #234 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 11:21:36 »

(Attachment Link)

I'm glad you have set the proper priorities in your keyboard evaluation! You have a good eye.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 15:16:23 »

Show Image

that looks sweet. Congrats on the great keyboard. Out of curiousity where/how do you get something like that?
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 00:30:03 »

Show Image

LZ MX MINI SE mmmmm

I should get a dolch to put on it, but dolch doesn;t have A profile that dyesubs do :'(

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 00:36:00 »
The old Intergraph boards with the big bank of panels above the actual keys are neat, but the layouts are mediocre.

The Focus 9000 is nice in a similar theme, but again, mediocre layout.  It is nice to see a big, vintage board, without lots of empty space.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline divito

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 00:41:34 »
Here is my Phantom Space Cadet style with vintage blacks 62g and metalic black case.

Such a nice color scheme.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline ullr

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 03:46:09 »
Going to have to put in another vote for the HHKB HG.

67709-0

This is the keyboard that first made me see that a keyboard can be gorgeous.

67711-1

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 03:51:34 »
The HHKB is by far the most elegant board there is.

Image Credit: o2daZone

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 04:27:50 »
Sifo's GON NS 87 Miami:
Show Image

oh god sifo why couldnt you be my neighbor or something ;-;

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 08:44:16 »
The HHKB is by far the most elegant board there is.

Show Image

Image Credit: o2daZone

Hotness!

Offline CaptLock

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 10:51:49 »
Great pic!

Offline Battou62

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 11:13:57 »
GT
Show Image

Ideal imo, if only it was full size :)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 11:15:30 »
GT
Show Image

Why would you want full size? TKL+numpad is so much more versatile

Offline Battou62

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 11:21:23 »
GT
Show Image

I know. F*ck me for having opinions, right :)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 11:25:00 »
GT
Show Image

I know. F*ck me for having opinions, right :)
just wondering why you prefer a set layout to a more interchangeable system. Is it for the 100% solid metal case?

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 13:34:20 »
this thread definitely not good for my wallet. oh but the joy and pleasure just by looking.........

Offline tribade

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 14:59:46 »
Tsangan's KMAC mini with vintage set:

Of course I'm pretty freaking biased since I own it  :thumb:
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."