Author Topic: Tray mount keyboard modding to remove hard spots  (Read 4195 times)

Offline nick779

Tray mount keyboard modding to remove hard spots
« on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 06:49:04 »
Has anyone modded a 60% like a Tofu to add some flex and remove the center hard spots in the center of the board?

I was considering removing the center pcb mounting post but figured I would ask here before doing anything drastic. I see that Mekanisk has removable standoffs in the Klippe so it might be something worth exploring.

Offline powwu

• Discord
Re: Tray mount keyboard modding to remove hard spots
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 06:51:38 »
Yes, many many people have. You can look for "gasket tofu" online, there are plenty of people who dremel out the center posts, file the PCB, and use an oring to gummyworm mount the tofu. You could also dremel out the middle posts and just tray mount via the side posts, which would be leagues better as well.

Offline nick779

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 09:16:00 »
Yeah ive been looking for more threads on dremeling out the center posts but havent found many with a good bit of info. I figured it would probably be better than stock especially if I pack it a little with foam.

Offline hpetrovski

• Osum
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 19:07:08 »
I'd also make sure to go with a flexy plate to negate the traymount-ness of the board. I've also seen some people suggest going o-ring mount and plateless on tofus saying it improves typing feel astronomically.

Offline chaoticgood

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 18:58:26 »