Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9754693 times)

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 00:35:42 »
Strongly considering getting in on this. Going to wait a couple days, but I think it's safe to say I'm in.

We definitely appreciate the support. :thumb:

Yes! The more the merrier.  :D

Offline Danboard

« Reply #351 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 03:10:02 »
I'm in. Heres another set I need to find a keyboard for.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #352 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 03:32:56 »

This key-set will shine in a GON keyboard in which all your mates shall be extremely envious  :thumb: .

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 05:00:55 »

This key-set will shine in a GON keyboard in which all your mates shall be extremely envious  :thumb: .

For once I actually support something you said Elrick. These keycaps will be so damn amazing that they will need a holy throne to sit upon, which only a GON board is adequate.

Offline ckywylee

« Reply #354 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 05:07:45 »
must in,  I'm looking forward to getting these keycaps.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 05:15:08 »
These keycaps will be so damn amazing that they will need a holy throne to sit upon, which only a GON board is adequate.

Yes my Liege, the very best epitaph to relay upon everyone within your Kingdom is to display your GON keyboard, with subtle vigor  8) .

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 08:31:13 »
sorry guys bene out all morning, working through pms and emails now
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

« Reply #357 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 12:31:29 »
This set is gorgeous. I only buy PBT now, but since I passed on Ivan's R4 due to not being in love with the beige keys, this set has struck my fancy. Already have the full compliment of CMY Escape keys from Binge that should go well with it!

I didn't read all 13 pages of the thread so forgive me, but--is there a way I can add an extra 2.25x Shift key? I will reuse one of the Space Bars from my 660M sets so the Shift key is the only other one lacking.
The keepers: 660C/Blank 660M/Blues

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 12:38:33 »
This set is gorgeous. I only buy PBT now, but since I passed on Ivan's R4 due to not being in love with the beige keys, this set has struck my fancy. Already have the full compliment of CMY Escape keys from Binge that should go well with it!

I didn't read all 13 pages of the thread so forgive me, but--is there a way I can add an extra 2.25x Shift key? I will reuse one of the Space Bars from my 660M sets so the Shift key is the only other one lacking.

you fellas and your damn leopolds

so i will be ordering a few extra sets, so i can dish out missing keys and whatnot

1 person already asked this and i said id give them one

so ill do the same for you but this will be the last time

so if you make an order, just reference that i said this and you need the extra shift in the notes, and ill get one thrown in for you

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:43:42 »

so i will be ordering a few extra sets, so i can dish out missing keys and whatnot

so if you make an order, just reference that i said this and you need the extra shift in the notes, and ill get one thrown in for you

So much better than jacking up the prices with extra useless keys!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 19:29:14 »
Haha, I was about to order the Hack'd by Geeks set, but during confirmation I figured I should look around what else to buy..

I've been told 2x3x4 LEDs could prevent Cherry Profile keycaps from bottoming out (if placed on the front of the switch), could anyone confirm this?

most of the time its ok, sometimes there is some clearance issues, but i myself and most people file down there leds slightly

Thanks for the answer! Ordered them both :)

I'm using 2x3x4 LEDs with my GMK Dolch and I don't have any issues.

Offline spoonypirate

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:13:30 »
Just put in my order, looking forward to this set.  :eek:

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:28:26 »
I want this set, I need this set, thank god for the 45 days so I can think this fully through.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #363 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:30:46 »
I want this set, I need this set, thank god for the 45 days so I can think this fully through.

by think you mean find out where or how to get the money for it right?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:33:19 »

No, I have enough, I just need to wait in case I need more parts for my 2 builds coming up, I don't have any stabilizers and I want to make sure I don't want to do more to the boards that might take up the funds.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #365 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:41:53 »

It's easier now to GET some moolah than ever before, especially when you decide to think laterally and put aside your aversion to certain laws and restrictions within your own habitat  8) .

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:43:05 »

It's easier now to GET some moolah than ever before, especially when you decide to think laterally and put aside your aversion to certain laws and restrictions within your own habitat  8) .
Yeah, if needed I might sell some of my artisans, that way I can keep a bubble of funds after I buy it just in case. It's nice having a small fund in case I want to pick up a cap or something.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:45:15 »
Now dumb question. Are the cherry keys on elitekeyboards.com from GMK?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #368 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:50:23 »

For the GMK made keys their title states "authentic Cherry" and the description reports Double-Shot. Beware with the tampo printed ones that are not made by GMK, of course.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 22:24:36 »

For the GMK made keys their title states "authentic Cherry" and the description reports Double-Shot. Beware with the tampo printed ones that are not made by GMK, of course.

Ah thanks. I was just asking because I have a few of the authentic cherry ones and I wanted to see if these are how GMK keys feel. If this is them then they are damn close to PBT as far as texture and feel with the GMK ever so slightly grippier and havent shown any signs of shine. I wanna say I can tell a very slight difference but honestly if were blindfolded and someone moved they keys around I dont think I be able to tell a difference
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 22:26:22 by FunkMasterJ »

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 23:03:18 »
the bigger difference is in profile, so if your PBTs have Cherry profile then you're already set. ABS vs PBT is more up to personal preference, but i do prefer ABS due to the vivid colors and sharper contrast between base/legends

Offline Polymer

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 08:37:08 »
Sorry if this was answered already..(hard to read through all the gifs)...

Do we have an approximate timeline on production and shipping?

Also, will these just be normal GMK mounts on the space bar or will there be additional spacings (like a universal)?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #372 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 08:39:50 »

Also, will these just be normal GMK mounts on the space bar or will there be additional spacings (like a universal)?

so from when this started, we are leaving the buy period open for 45 days, stripe payments take a week to clear to me, so i will be placing the order with gmk 7 days after the buy period ends

gmk are pretty quick, but once we place the order ill have a more accurate timeline

we are having the sets pre sorted, and me and cody will ship them and have them all turned around real fast

as for the spacebar, that is some information i havent locked down, i think as it sits its standard, but i havent spoken to them about other options, next time i speak to them ill get more info and find out what the options are

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 08:59:54 »
You da man Bunny. So on top of everything and such great communication!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #374 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 09:16:48 »
This is the first time I follow up on a CtrlAlt -Bunny- GB, and I am impressed by the quick way he replies to questions. Also, it is nice he has a sense of humor. In the designers side the proposals are very creative. Those traits set apart Mr. Bunny from others, that by the way may be very knowledgable and trustable, but they are some times stubborn, and unreachable. Keep the good job.

As others have said: You are the man.

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 09:26:43 »
we are having the sets pre sorted, and me and cody will ship them and have them all turned around real fast

Just placed my order, finally a GMK set designed by you guys, very much look forward to seeing it!

Not a big deal at all, but just wondering why UK buyers have to pay the 'International' $18 for shipping vs. the US shipping of $7? I understand Cody will be handling CONUS and you will ship UK and International orders? I think this is always the case with buying stuff from you guys actually.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #376 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 09:30:23 »

Just placed my order, finally a GMK set designed by you guys, very much look forward to seeing it!

Not a big deal at all, but just wondering why UK buyers have to pay the 'International' $18 for shipping vs. the US shipping of $7? I understand Cody will be handling CONUS and you will ship UK and International orders? I think this is always the case with buying stuff from you guys actually.

well there are a couple of factors

firstly, we pay VAT and shipping getting it to us, which is included in that cost rather than the cost of the set, so the shipping cost is a split between, us shipping to you, but also getting the sets to us, and the costs that entails

technically the uk orders should in fact be slightly cheaper, however with the current build of the site, its a bit of a pain to implement

we are however totally rebuilding the site right now, and something we will factor in is more location specific shipping costs, and more options on shipping services

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #377 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 09:51:17 »
The shipping costs of getting the stuff to you from GMK is surely split across the US orders as well though? Also the US orders have the added cost of sending the stuff from you to Cody - seems to me UK shipping should really cost the same as US orders, but I guess it's best to keep the US shipping lower because that's where the large majority of the orders are coming from? I figured it was probably partially due to a site restriction of sorts, I know shipping stuff like this can be a real pain to implement.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 09:54:27 »
The shipping costs of getting the stuff to you from GMK is surely split across the US orders as well though? Also the US orders have the added cost of sending the stuff from you to Cody - seems to me UK shipping should really cost the same as US orders, but I guess it's best to keep the US shipping lower because that's where the large majority of the orders are coming from? I figured it was probably partially due to a site restriction of sorts, I know shipping stuff like this can be a real pain to implement.

as i say, the site restrictions are a big part of it, also, with every sp buy we have done, all sets get sent to the US, then the EU sets get sent to me

so that is what the shipping model has always been based on

also i wont be sending stuff to cody, that will be going to him direct from GMK

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #379 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 10:06:32 »
as i say, the site restrictions are a big part of it, also, with every sp buy we have done, all sets get sent to the US, then the EU sets get sent to me

it does seem that we should be paying the same as US in this case then, splitting the cost evenly of shipping from GMK - but I understand the site is primarily set up for the majority of your stuff coming from the US and I understand that's where the problem with setting up the site for stuff like this, when it's coming from you within the uk comes in. no big deal anyway, was just curious about it is all.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 10:07:40 »

it does seem that we should be paying the same as US in this case then, splitting the cost evenly of shipping from GMK - but I understand the site is primarily set up for the majority of your stuff coming from the US and I understand that's where the problem with setting up the site for stuff like this, when it's coming from you within the uk comes in. no big deal anyway, was just curious about it is all.

well traditionally in the past its made no difference, however on the stuff that i have direct to me in the UK, or stuff i have on hand, if a uk person messages me first i always discount the shipping for them

Offline Polymer

« Reply #381 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 10:30:46 »

so from when this started, we are leaving the buy period open for 45 days, stripe payments take a week to clear to me, so i will be placing the order with gmk 7 days after the buy period ends

gmk are pretty quick, but once we place the order ill have a more accurate timeline

as for the spacebar, that is some information i havent locked down, i think as it sits its standard, but i havent spoken to them about other options, next time i speak to them ill get more info and find out what the options are

Thanks Bunny!

Also, if we need to change addresses in the middle (actually switching from international to US), is that something that can be done or can't be done?  I'll PM you if need be because it is getting a bit specific...

Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #382 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 10:32:15 »

Thanks Bunny!

Also, if we need to change addresses in the middle (actually switching from international to US), is that something that can be done or can't be done?  I'll PM you if need be because it is getting a bit specific...

Thanks!

you can change your shipping address at any time yourself on the site

if you change from international to US, there is a change in shipping cost the site wont do automatically, so if you want a refund on that, you can contact me via pm and i can paypal you the difference

Offline honoka

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 11:49:43 »
Ordered my set - Go get yours

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:35:57 »

It might become a very common request once Massdrop gets the Varmilo VB660M on their site, as the userbase of the normal 660M has grown a ton thanks to them  :cool:

I just placed my order and made a note of this post in it. Thank you so much! Also thanks for all the extra 1x R1 keys like Code and Windows--another thing we 660M users need. The 1x 0 and 00 keys will be usable on my numeric keypad  :thumb:
The keepers: 660C/Blank 660M/Blues

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:39:09 »

It might become a very common request once Massdrop gets the Varmilo VB660M on their site, as the userbase of the normal 660M has grown a ton thanks to them  :cool:

I just placed my order and made a note of this post in it. Thank you so much! Also thanks for all the extra 1x R1 keys like Code and Windows--another thing we 660M users need. The 1x 0 and 00 keys will be usable on my numeric keypad  :thumb:

no problem sir

and i love your name

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:24:44 »

A VERY perceptive individual here, nothing worse then missing out on these ONCE in a lifetime, German-made Hyperfuse Sets.

GMK will never make these again hence you shall front up with the money or remain like a slimy pedo in the sale forums, offering GH kiddies anything, so that you could satisfy your perverted hunger for these key-caps  >:D .

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:28:49 »
Lol I ordered this 13 pages ago but I've been following the discussion in this thread just to read Elrick's posts  :cool: :cool: Too funny to miss!
null

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #388 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:08:14 »
Lol I ordered this 13 pages ago but I've been following the discussion in this thread just to read Elrick's posts  :cool: :cool: Too funny to miss!

Same.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:08:22 »

A VERY perceptive individual here, nothing worse then missing out on these ONCE in a lifetime, German-made Hyperfuse Sets.

GMK will never make these again hence you shall front up with the money or remain like a slimy pedo in the sale forums, offering GH kiddies anything, so that you could satisfy your perverted hunger for these key-caps  >:D .

I got two! C'mon guys!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #390 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:13:12 »

I got two! C'mon guys!

A True GMK Lover, proud to have you here on the winning team  8) .

The GOOD stuff literally sells itself and when it's unique like this set, which has NEVER been made before by GMK, you know this will be something extremely special.  Bunny and his team has fronted really well for you guys so you have to show him your appreciation, by giving generously in the donations section of CTRL/ALT :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:24:09 by Elrick »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:16:32 »

I got two! C'mon guys!

A True GMK Lover, proud to have you here on the winning team  8) .

The GOOD stuff literally sells itself and when it's unique like this set, which has NEVER been made before by GMK, you know this will be something extremely special.  Bunny and his team has fronted really well for you guys so you have to show him your appreciation, by giving generously in the donations section of CTRL/ALT :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

i always come running to a thread when i see elrick posting

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #392 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:24:34 »
Please remember that CTRL/ALT isn't a corporation, nor a company and not even a corner store, everyone in CTRL/ALT are people like us with no assumption on ever making any money for themselves but providing a vital service that everyone here on Geekhack need.  Sometimes they have to all too frequently spend their own money to fix any problems and let downs which they are not responsible for, hence you have to be caring people here on this forum and try to donate whenever you can because that's the lubricant that helps many Group Buys to thrust forward with such amazing force.

Donations is the KY Jelly of this organization so trust me, help them out with as much of that vital lube as possible  ;) .
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:26:36 by Elrick »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #393 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:38:04 »
Please remember that CTRL/ALT isn't a corporation, nor a company and not even a corner store, everyone in CTRL/ALT are people like us with no assumption on ever making any money for themselves but providing a vital service that everyone here on Geekhack need.  Sometimes they have to all too frequently spend their own money to fix any problems and let downs which they are not responsible for, hence you have to be caring people here on this forum and try to donate whenever you can because that's the lubricant that helps many Group Buys to thrust forward with such amazing force.

Donations is the KY Jelly of this organization so trust me, help them out with as much of that vital lube as possible  ;) .

all donations from this set are going to add some extra keys good sir, so anyone who donates, its just going right back in to making the set even better

im waiting on some quotes but we are now already definitely adding some good stuff in

Offline Steveenn

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 20:23:06 »
There won't be any chance of a blank Ergodox modifier set, will there?
F107 | 1976 'Dox 62g TGreys | TA KÛL ES-87 Clears | '87 SSK

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 20:28:52 »
This is GMK, and they need a MOQ, so their is no chance of it happening.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #396 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 20:29:15 »

I very much doubt that, sorry!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #397 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:09:22 »
im waiting on some quotes but we are now already definitely adding some good stuff in

Even more stuff, you are indeed spoiling us Bunny  :thumb: .

Like some sort of party, you get the invite then you find out some excellent gear shall be sold there, I wannabe off my face for a fortnight or so with all these extra GMK goodies  8) .

Offline Sniping

« Reply #398 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 00:53:05 »

To give you an idea of the demand for Ergodox mods, I think there were like 7/250 orders in the last GMK group buy where an ErgoDox set was offered. With the kind of MOQ numbers that GMK requires, most GB's are lucky to even hit the MOQ for the base sets.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:22:09 »
Extras would be sweet..

Anyone actually not want scooped F J keys?  Hard to find GMKs that aren't scooped...