Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761122 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK
« Reply #650 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 14:49:21 »
10k would probably get you one of the best keyboard collections on GH

Double that, and you can start to think about having one of the best collections. I mean, you can easily spend over 10k in just keycaps in a year.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I know from experience.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #651 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 14:51:10 »
I need an extra shift key for my leopold. Is there any possibillity that I have not to order a second set?

Why, oh why, Leopold did you do this to FC660M owners?

You will probably have to work out a trade or something with an ISO layout user. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #652 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 14:53:12 »
I need an extra shift key for my leopold. Is there any possibillity that I have not to order a second set?

Somewhere in the thread Sir Bunny wrote that such key may be available upon request with reservations, but we should let be him only to answer the question. In the other hand, why are you keeping a board with such weird uncommon layout that is not programmable, and that does not allow any freedom for customization? Let alone the space bar whose stems are specially designed to force you to use one bar only, :)

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #653 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 02:28:42 »

Somewhere in the thread Sir Bunny wrote that such key may be available upon request with reservations, but we should let be him only to answer the question. In the other hand, why are you keeping a board with such weird uncommon layout that is not programmable, and that does not allow any freedom for customization? Let alone the space bar whose stems are specially designed to force you to use one bar only, :)

I love the board! The Layout is pretty cool but slowley I start to hate it because I cannot customize it. Maybe I start searching for a new one...
But anyways a second shift key would be great ;)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 07:27:31 »

I love the board! The Layout is pretty cool but slowley I start to hate it because I cannot customize it. Maybe I start searching for a new one...
But anyways a second shift key would be great ;)

I have one, and I have mixed feelings about it now. To have the arrow keys is very useful for my code and statistical programming work, as well as for financial model building in Excel. However its lack of symmetry does not have the best aesthetics. But what bothers me more is how hard is to get a full set for a reasonable price. Sets as Granite and Skull Sq. by Matt3o provided support for it, but you had to buy an extra special modifiers set just to get a second right shift and one unit windows key, that was so expensive. People that have one have to be whining requesting those special keys, almost always. In the other hand I have a Poker X and you always have full support just with the standard ANSI. And it seems that even the HHKB layout is getting more common recently.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #655 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 13:31:20 »
Anyone know what the lead time for GMK buys is? I'm splitting an order with a user in Toronto. Just found out I'll be near there in the 2nd week of April! Would be cool to deliver it in person instead of having to ship it!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 13:50:33 »
Anyone know what the lead time for GMK buys is? I'm splitting an order with a user in Toronto. Just found out I'll be near there in the 2nd week of April! Would be cool to deliver it in person instead of having to ship it!
Orders still have about a month to go. Then a one week grace period to move funds then the order goes in, production should be around 1.5 to 2 months. Add another 7 to 9 days for shipping from GMK to bunny and cody, then add a week of sorting, then add a few days for shipping from cody to bunny. Remember that cody only does conus shipping and bunny does everything else. All in all were looking at another 3-4 months before we see these. But bunny will keep us updated when he puts in the order about production time.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #657 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 13:53:43 »
Haha that's kind of what I figured! Thanks for the detailed reply!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:04:25 »
Orders still have about a month to go. Then a one week grace period to move funds then the order goes in, production should be around 1.5 to 2 months. Add another 7 to 9 days for shipping from GMK to bunny and cody, then add a week of sorting, then add a few days for shipping from cody to bunny. Remember that cody only does conus shipping and bunny does everything else. All in all were looking at another 3-4 months before we see these. But bunny will keep us updated when he puts in the order about production time.

we are actually paying to have the sets presorted by gmk on this buy, i toyed with the idea of having the buy a bit cheaper, but ultimately i thought it was worth paying the little extra for gmk to sort them, to save both time and errors
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #659 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:43:01 »
Hi Bunny,

Was just wondering if payments via PayPal will have their orders marked as paid when the buy closes, or just whenever you're free to check?

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:46:57 »
Hi Bunny,

Was just wondering if payments via PayPal will have their orders marked as paid when the buy closes, or just whenever you're free to check?

i work through them periodically, ill probably do it again this weekend

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #661 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 15:09:07 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #663 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:19:44 »
What profile are these 2 keys? Just wondering. I'm guessing 1 and 4? Excuse the ****ty ms paint job.

(Attachment Link)

They should be row 1 and 4, any other profile does not make sense.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #664 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:25:19 »

we are actually paying to have the sets presorted by gmk on this buy, i toyed with the idea of having the buy a bit cheaper, but ultimately i thought it was worth paying the little extra for gmk to sort them, to save both time and errors
I think presorting is definitely the way to go, at least that way all the blame lies with GMK for missing caps.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #665 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:34:47 »
I'd like a set, I've only just gotten into keyboards with my first MJ2 and I'd like to know if there are any compatibility issues with clearance and this cherry profile from GMK. If there are what are the solutions?

Offline Moralless

« Reply #666 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:37:14 »
I'd like a set, I've only just gotten into keyboards with my first MJ2 and I'd like to know if there are any compatibility issues with clearance and this cherry profile from GMK. If there are what are the solutions?

If MJ2 refers to the Filco Majestouch 2 then all the keys you would need are already there and there should be no compatibility  issues.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #667 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:38:51 »

If you post a picture of your board it would be very easy to tell if the set has all the required keys for it. Or, at least explain if it is ISO or ANSI, or if it has any non-standard size key.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #668 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:40:16 »

If MJ2 refers to the Filco Majestouch 2 then all the keys you would need are already there and there should be no compatibility  issues.

It is a cute board that in your signature, is it a Viper with your interpretation of HF GMK on it?

Offline Moralless

« Reply #669 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:41:42 »

It is a cute board that in your signature, is it a Viper with your interpretation of HF GMK on it?

Thanks ideus, but it isn't a Viper it's a HHKB :p I'm planning to harvest novatouch sliders when I get this set.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #670 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:46:55 »
Ah yes my board is the Filco Majestouch 2 as suspected, it's in ISO format:

From the looks of things as far as layout goes it's fine (?) in reading around I've read about problems with stabilizers, some contact being made that shouldn't be? I'm not sure if the particular thread I was reading was to do with Filco and the cherry profile keycaps specifically, I can't find that thread I was reading.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #671 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:48:36 »

Thanks ideus, but it isn't a Viper it's a HHKB :p I'm planning to harvest novatouch sliders when I get this set.

Are you still living in the wild an expensive dark side? :))

Just joking, and good luck with your upcoming beauty. Be sure to post your final product.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #672 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:51:21 »
Ah yes my board is the Filco Majestouch 2 as suspected, it's in ISO format:

Show Image

From the looks of things as far as layout goes it's fine (?) in reading around I've read about problems with stabilizers, some contact being made that shouldn't be? I'm not sure if the particular thread I was reading was to do with Filco and the cherry profile keycaps specifically, I can't find that thread I was reading.

Yes that board will be fine, all the required keys for it are already included in the original mockup :thumb:

I haven't really heard much about the problems with filco stabs and GMK sets but I think you'll be fine - even if there were problems with the stabs it shouldn't be a too hard of a fix
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 February 2015, 08:02:16 by Moralless »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #673 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 15:49:23 »
yeah i havent had any clearance issues with filcos ive had

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #674 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 16:52:07 »
yeah i havent had any clearance issues with filcos ive had

So true, there are NEVER any clearance issues when you are purchasing and using any GMK key-sets (FACT)  :thumb: .

If you are tight on a budget and really don't know what to spend your money on, this is the key-set to jump on if you are a FIRST timer here on Geekhack.  Once you've tasted the undiluted excellence of German made key-sets, you shall never want any more plastic in your life.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #675 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 17:30:26 »
From my brief time here I have come to understand that GMK is something I need in my life. I love the look of the render of the set, I like that there is some ISO love. Full ISO like with the Toxic set would have been preferable but s'ok, unless there is a way I can get that with a donation or something Bunny?

I think for newbies and to help sales the OP in GB threads could do with some standard information, such as profile, manufacturer, made in..., material, type of print etc. In this case some of that is covered in the link. It's a shame we don't have a full wiki (although I hear a legend of a once a glorious GH wiki) that could be linked to in such thread OPs whenever "GMK" "Cherry profile" "MOQ" etc. comes up. Because there must be people interested but without the time to become engrossed and have the same level of knowledge.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #676 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 17:49:21 »
Annndddd Order placed xD
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #677 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 18:07:26 »
Annndddd Order placed xD

Good decision, sir!

You will not regret!
null

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #678 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:29:39 »
I placed an order, but it's stuck on the processing loop. Can someone from ctrl.alt make sure that the order went through?

(I'm still letting it 'process', I'm not sure if I should close it or not.)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #679 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:39:00 »
I placed an order, but it's stuck on the processing loop. Can someone from ctrl.alt make sure that the order went through?

if its still like that tomorrow, shoot me a pm and we can sort it

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #680 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:50:09 »

if its still like that tomorrow, shoot me a pm and we can sort it

I checked again and it's fine. Thanks anyways :D

Offline Phinominal

« Reply #681 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:21:15 »
So how do these keycaps compared to the top of the line abs/PBT's out there (like bsp's?)?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #682 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:23:42 »
So how do these keycaps compared to the top of the line abs/PBT's out there (like bsp's?)?

These are the top of the line ABS :P

For BSP comparison I'd say it's a preference thing between ABS and PBT that makes the biggest difference - the thickness and quality of manufacture is very similar between the two companies.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #683 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:29:24 »
Hey bunny, I was just wondering if you ever disclosed what the pricing would be for an 1800 compatibility set of caps? I'll be purchasing soon and wondered if I could make a dent with my donation.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #684 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:06:55 »
Hey bunny, I was just wondering if you ever disclosed what the pricing would be for an 1800 compatibility set of caps? I'll be purchasing soon and wondered if I could make a dent with my donation.

I'm curious as well, hence please let us know.  If this set could be bundled with an EXTRA 1800 kit, then I'll be all over this like a bizsnatch chasing soldiers  :thumb: .

Offline intelli78

« Reply #685 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:14:04 »
I'm curious as well, hence please let us know.  If this set could be bundled with an EXTRA 1800 kit, then I'll be all over this like a bizsnatch chasing soldiers  :thumb: .

Did you... did you just call my grandma a biznatch?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #686 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:20:18 »

Did you... did you just call my grandma a biznatch?

KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #687 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:05:51 »

if people can shoot me a list of keys they would need for this, i can get a quote

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #688 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:13:55 »
Taken from this post: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39731.0

this is the required list in SP profile. Unfortunately, I don't know what the equivalent is in GMK, but hopefully, someone does.
-SP ROW 4 1x 0 key (this key is usually included with the 10key kits, but for WYSE sets it doesn't exist anywhere)
-SP ROW 3 1x +
-SP ROW 2 1x -
-SP ROW 1 1x Delete
-SP ROW 1 1x End
-SP ROW 1 1x Page Down

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Phinominal

« Reply #689 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:58:23 »

These are the top of the line ABS :P

For BSP comparison I'd say it's a preference thing between ABS and PBT that makes the biggest difference - the thickness and quality of manufacture is very similar between the two companies.

Appreciate the response.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #690 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 19:13:09 »

Oh man... if 1800 layout is fully supported I will need to buy another set AND finally get in on that TX1800 buy.....

Wallet so not ready.
null

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #691 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 20:26:26 »
Oh man... if 1800 layout is fully supported I will need to buy another set AND finally get in on that TX1800 buy.....

Wallet so not ready.

Have to get in on the TX1800 Gangbang because it happens very rarely and when you are there you'll thank God for losing your load on this event  ;) .

Your wallet needs to be imbrued properly hence welcome to Geekhack, the home of E-X-T-R-E-M-E monetary gaping.......

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #692 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 23:14:07 »

Wallet so not ready.

Have to get in on the TX1800 Gangbang because it happens very rarely and when you are there you'll thank God for losing your load on this event  ;) .

Your wallet needs to be imbrued properly hence welcome to Geekhack, the home of E-X-T-R-E-M-E monetary gaping.......

I am prepared to be gaped by this all these GBs.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #693 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:54:11 »
I am prepared to be gaped by this all these GBs.

You shall never be a VIRGIN here again, welcome to the Gape Club  :thumb: .

Offline Keyzus

« Reply #694 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 04:01:36 »
Count me in as another person interested in that 1800 kit! :thumb:

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #695 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 05:02:30 »
Order placed, just couldn't miss this one  :thumb: I loved the hyperfuse sets and having that colorway with GMK is priceless  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #696 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:18:00 »

Order just placed. My first set of keycaps.

Anyone interested in 6 keys for ISO proper?

Image from the Toxic set.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #697 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:22:19 »
If we're suggesting additional caps for when this ends can I suggest some Windows 1u caps to match the rest of the mods? I like those reverse winkeys but I'd love the original colorway too :P

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #698 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:25:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

You can offer them at the classifieds after you got your set.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #699 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:26:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

You can offer them at the classifieds after you got your set.

I think he's asking if they can be included in the set.