Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761085 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:28:45 »
Show Image

Order just placed. My first set of keycaps.

Anyone interested in 6 keys for ISO proper?

Show Image

Image from the Toxic set.

You can offer them at the classifieds after you got your set.

I think he's asking if they can be included in the set.

Sure, you are right, my bad reading, and my inclination to type with few thinking is not a good combination :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #701 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:28:59 »
ok guys

i just wanna say a couple things, give a thanks and ask a favour

so as some of you may know, recently i have found out im going to have a baby, my wife suffers from men2 (http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Multiple-Endocrine-Neoplasia-Type-2-%28MEN-2%29.htm) and several other things that complicate a pregnancy as a result of it, as such, i dont have nearly the free time that i normally have right now, constant hospital visits, monitoring etc, its not something i intended to openly share but it is the reason for the following points

firstly, i wanna say thank you to everyone who chips in and answers questions when im not around, it helps out a ton and i really appreciate it

secondly just to mention, i may be a little slow to reply at the moment, but i am around, so if you dont get a reply instantly, just leave it a bit, or always feel free to send me a follow up message in case i miss something

lastly, given the post above, some pms etc ive had and other comments in the thread, or even what comes up as a result of me saying this, id really appreciate it if someone could come up with a list of any previously or future requested keys, so i can look at it all in one place, get quotes on each key/set of keys, put them in some sort of stretch goal order and work from there, its something ive been meaning to sit down and do for a week now and just havent managed to get done, no bother if nobody does it, but if it does happen id be super grateful, id like to get things quoted long before the buy ends, so we dont hold it up

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #702 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:30:08 »
ok guys

so as some of you may know, recently i have found out im going to have a baby, my wife suffers from men2 (http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Multiple-Endocrine-Neoplasia-Type-2-%28MEN-2%29.htm) and several other things that complicate a pregnancy as a result of it, as such, i dont have nearly the free time that i normally have right now, constant hospital visits, monitoring etc, its not something i intended to openly share but it is the reason for the following points

firstly, i wanna say thank you to everyone who chips in and answers questions when im not around, it helps out a ton and i really appreciate it

secondly just to mention, i may be a little slow to reply at the moment, but i am around, so if you dont get a reply instantly, just leave it a bit, or always feel free to send me a follow up message in case i miss something

lastly, given the post above, some pms etc ive had and other comments in the thread, or even what comes up as a result of me saying this, id really appreciate it if someone could come up with a list of any previously or future requested keys, so i can look at it all in one place, get quotes on each key/set of keys, put them in some sort of stretch goal order and work from there, its something ive been meaning to sit down and do for a week now and just havent managed to get done, no bother if nobody does it, but if it does happen id be super grateful, id like to get things quoted long before the buy ends, so we dont hold it up

I can help out with the list of keys, I'll go back through the thread and make up a Google docs spreadsheet for you. Best of luck with the pregnancy and congratulations!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #703 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:31:38 »
ok guys

I may try to do that for you Sir Bunny. Do you want me to open a new thread for it? It could be easier than to check this one that combines many different issues.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:32:55 »
Sorry Buller, I was writing as you were also. It seems you are done, let me know if I can help.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #705 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:33:00 »
ok guys

Congratulations on the baby, Bunny! I'm sure everyone here is wishing the best for you and your soon to be family.

I would definitely be willing to help out in getting all the requested extras in a nice organized format for you, especially knowing how much it would help you out.  :D

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:34:22 »
Sorry Buller, I was writing as you were also. It seems you are done, let me know if I can help.

Buller with the fast fingers. Though I'd be willing to help if it's needed as well.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #707 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:35:25 »
thanks guys

off the top of my head its

1800 support, ansi legends without iso front printing and as above iso standalone legends, some hhkb type stuff, i know there are some others

im having a bit of a mind blank right now

but anyone reading this, please feel free to post anything else that you want, we certainly wont be able to get it all done, but ill go through it, put it in order of what i think is most useful/relevant to the most people, and we will work from there

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #708 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:36:09 »
thanks guys

1800 support, ansi legends without iso front printing and as above iso standalone legends, some hhkb type stuff, i know there are some others

but anyone reading this, please feel free to post anything else that you want, we certainly wont be able to get it all done, but ill go through it, put it in order of what i think is most useful/relevant to the most people, and we will work from there

The 1.75 control key.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #709 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:36:37 »
thanks guys

The 1.75 control key.

yeah thats part of what i call, hhkb type stuff hehe

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #710 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:37:33 »
thanks guys

The 1.75 control key.

yeah thats part of what i call, hhkb type stuff hehe

hhkb stuff then, and congratulations on your baby, praying for your wife already.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #711 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:49:44 »
How about 40% compatibility; just as an idea, as it's most likely not needed enough to put it into the set.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #712 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:56:08 »
I'm guessing that I'm one of the only people here that would want it. But it sure would be great if there was a 2u shift key

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #713 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:57:23 »
I'm guessing that I'm one of the only people here that would want it. But it sure would be great if there was a 2u shift key

What keyboard is that for?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #714 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:09:56 »
PM'ed you with the list of additions that people have requested Bunbro!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #715 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:20:04 »
Thanks for this, bueller!

Would you be able to make the list public so in the future, people know what has already been requested?
null

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #716 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:23:22 »

Would you be able to make the list public so in the future, people know what has already been requested?

I'd post the link but I make it editable so that Bunny can make edits, here's the list of requests though!

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
Full ISO Double-shot keys
Tilde key (to match mods)
1u Windows (to match mods)
1800 Keys
2u |\ key (Row 1 to replace backspace)
Nibs on F&J
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:06:02 by bueller »

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #717 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:36:09 »

I'd post the link but I make it editable so that Bunny can make edits, here's the list of requests though!

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys
Ah, I see!

Hmm... could you add a 2u \| key (to replace Backspace)?
null

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #718 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:37:23 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys

You have fast fingers pal.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #719 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:46:01 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys
Ah, I see!

Would that be for a HHKB layout?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #720 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:46:46 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys

Nib keys for F J!

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #721 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:49:58 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys

Nib keys for F J!

Nibs over scoops?

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #722 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:03:11 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys
Ah, I see!

Technically no, because no true HHKB has a 2u key where the backspace is. But the effect is similar to the HHKB layout in that it allows you to reprogram a TKL to be more HHKB-like.

The true HHKB style key would be the \| 1u key, which is probably already included in your list under "HHKB keys"!

For example:
The KUL ES-87 has a dipswitch setting to swap the \| key and the Backspace key.
It's also how I'd like to reprogram my QFR, once I get around to buying a Frosty Flake controller from bpiphany.
null

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #723 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:06:35 »
Updated my original list and the spreadsheet I sent to Bunny, cheers for the requests.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #724 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:07:28 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys
Ah, I see!

Technically no, because no true HHKB has a 2u key where the backspace is. But the effect is similar to the HHKB layout in that it allows you to reprogram a TKL to be more HHKB-like.

The true HHKB style key would be the \| 1u key, which is probably already included in your list under "HHKB keys"!

For example:
The KUL ES-87 has a dipswitch setting to swap the \| key and the Backspace key.
It's also how I'd like to reprogram my QFR, once I get around to buying a Frosty Flake controller from bpiphany.
You could use AutoHotKey in the meantime, thats how I swapped backspace and caps lock on my BWU when I still used it.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #725 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:56:52 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys

Nib keys for F J!

Nibs over scoops?

Show Image

They're extras right?  So they're don't take the place of scoops...but that way you can have it either way....Not any different to a different types of capslock keys, etc...

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #726 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 11:03:26 »

HHKB Keys
Swapped Ctrl/Caps
1800 Keys

Nib keys for F J!

Nibs over scoops?

Show Image

They're extras right?  So they're don't take the place of scoops...but that way you can have it either way....Not any different to a different types of capslock keys, etc...

My comment was more in jest! Apologies if it seemed otherwise.  :-[

If we can get nibbed homing keys than that would be great for the people that want them.

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #727 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:38:20 »
I dropped out of the first GB, still kicking myself. Not missing out this time! Does anyone know what size the extra spacebar is?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #728 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:40:23 »
I dropped out of the first GB, still kicking myself. Not missing out this time! Does anyone know what size the extra spacebar is?
Probably 7 since I assume it is for tsangan layout

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #729 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:41:05 »
Hey,

So if I place an order before the buy closes am I guaranteed a set?

Thanks,

Zap
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #730 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:41:57 »
Hey,

So if I place an order before the buy closes am I guaranteed a set?

Thanks,

Zap

Yes
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #731 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:53:02 »
Finally!
Paycheck acquired.
Order commencing.
Much excite.

:D

Offline drewba

« Reply #732 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 18:01:06 »
Finally!
Paycheck acquired.
Order commencing.
Much excite.

:D

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #733 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 21:17:43 »
Slightly off topic, but how long do GMK group buys usually take? I haven't been a part of one until now, and I'm a bit curious.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #734 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 21:28:52 »
Slightly off topic, but how long do GMK group buys usually take? I haven't been a part of one until now, and I'm a bit curious.

Someone gave a pretty decent rundown earlier in the thread.  Of course, there's no guarantees, but from what I've heard, the  CTRLALT team runs things very smoothly.  The keys will also be presorted, or at least I remember hearing that.  Quoted below for you!

Orders still have about a month to go. Then a one week grace period to move funds then the order goes in, production should be around 1.5 to 2 months. Add another 7 to 9 days for shipping from GMK to bunny and cody, then add a week of sorting, then add a few days for shipping from cody to bunny. Remember that cody only does conus shipping and bunny does everything else. All in all were looking at another 3-4 months before we see these. But bunny will keep us updated when he puts in the order about production time.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #735 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 21:29:07 »

I would say somewhere around the 3-4 month mark to be on the safe side.

1 month left roughly on the GB + 1 week to transfer funds to GMK + 6-8 weeks manufacture time (probably quicker but things happen) + shipping time.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #736 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 21:30:17 »
Alright cool, now time for the best part: waiting :D

Offline lwls

« Reply #737 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 02:11:52 »
Updated my original list and the spreadsheet I sent to Bunny, cheers for the requests.

Now I may be a very small minority, but hey, why not give it a shot:
I'm looking for a second left shift, because I simply don't have the wallet to dish out for two sets, and would a 6u spacebar be totally out of this world?

Again, I imagine I'm the only one who would request an extra left shift and a 6u spacebar, but whoomp there it is.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #738 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 02:14:28 »

I'm looking for a second left shift, because I simply don't have the wallet to dish out for two sets, and would a 6u spacebar be totally out of this world?

Again, I imagine I'm the only one who would request an extra left shift and a 6u spacebar, but whoomp there it is.
Leopold?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #739 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 02:19:12 »
Yeah if it's the Leopold I thought the spacebar issue wasn't the size but the unusual stem placement, I could be wrong but I don't think GMK has a spacebar that fits the 660.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #740 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 02:21:20 »
Yeah if it's the Leopold I thought the spacebar issue wasn't the size but the unusual stem placement, I could be wrong but I don't think GMK has a spacebar that fits the 660.
Now thats just frustrating.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #741 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 02:24:57 »
Now thats just frustrating.
Yep, I actually love that layout but they'll never get my money until they fix this problem. So stupid.

Offline lwls

« Reply #742 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 02:30:32 »

Leopold?

M'yup, got an FC660C on the way, and looking to get some Novatouch stems in there. If it's the stem placement that's the problem, there's at least some thing I can try doing about it, but I may just have to find a spacebar elsewhere. The double left shift is still a thing though  :rolleyes:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #743 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 04:35:34 »
Show Image

Order just placed. My first set of keycaps.

Anyone interested in 6 keys for ISO proper?

Show Image

Image from the Toxic set.

I don't think we need these keys at all. We already have full ISO support with the 4 keys included in the original mochup.

What you want is ISO UK support. I don't think there is any reason to add 6 extra keys for a very small minority of orders. Or would you want to pay 20$ extra so I get my Ä,Ü,Ö keys and the nordic guys get their special characters?

Don't get me wrong - I see why you want these keys, but I don't think this is reasonable with GMK GBs.

In my opinion we should focus on extra mods and not random alphas  :thumb:

Offline jabbon

« Reply #744 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 04:38:16 »
As said, a 2x right shift for 11800 and 11900 would be awesome.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #745 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 04:50:44 »
As said, a 2x right shift for 11800 and 11900 would be awesome.

I always thought those we're 1.75x.

EDIT: Nevermind, looked at a photo and they do appear to be 2x.  I'll add them to the list with the Leopold Shifts, have to see what Bunny thinks though.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 04:57:56 by bueller »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #746 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 05:25:38 »
11800 and 11900 have 1.75u Right Shift not 2u, I have some 11800 caps I bought exactly for the short shift.

Edit: I'm an idiot, 1800 has that, 11800 has the weird 2u Shift... http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_G80-11800
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 05:27:42 by DanielT »
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #747 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 06:33:19 »

Why am I the absolute LAST person on Earth to know about this Momentous Event  :o ?

Good to see we shall have more Bunnies running around here on Geekhack, mind you, your first child should never become like us sad bastards spending all our available time and money here in this place.  Make your kid 'normal' and direct all their attention to other healthier obsessions.

During this time in your life BunnyLake enjoy it immensely because you are about to unleash a better version of yourself onto the world and that will be amazing  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

Hyperfuse shall progress to it's logical conclusion and I suspect it will signal the birth of your child at the same time, just like another ancient story when a bright star is shining down on Earth more than 2000 years ago and a saviour is born.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 06:35:08 by Elrick »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #748 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 06:35:58 »
Hyperfuse shall progress to it's logical conclusion and I suspect it will signal the birth of your child at the same time, just like another ancient story when a bright star is shining down on Earth more than 2000 years ago and a saviour is born.

Can we get Elrick a 'Hype-master' custom title already? Mods?

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #749 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 06:47:21 »
I don't think we need these keys at all. We already have full ISO support with the 4 keys included in the original mochup.

What you want is ISO UK support. I don't think there is any reason to add 6 extra keys for a very small minority of orders. Or would you want to pay 20$ extra so I get my Ä,Ü,Ö keys and the nordic guys get their special characters?

Don't get me wrong - I see why you want these keys, but I don't think this is reasonable with GMK GBs.

In my opinion we should focus on extra mods and not random alphas  :thumb:

I did just go and discount every other ISO using nation by saying "ISO proper" so if that came across as a bit belligerent I apologise. Those keys had been thought of in another set from Bunny, and they are mostly side printed in this set, so with that in mind I thought I'd put it out there. I'm gauging interest, I don't know what to expect, if 250 people wanted a tomato key (if GMK did one) that would happen. To answer your question I would pay extra for keys I didn't need to get the keys I wanted.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 07:12:28 by oledome »