Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761196 times)

Offline derzemel

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK
« Reply #800 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 05:57:23 »
Does the cyan on the GMK HyperFuse set match the Cyan on the GMK Dolch Addon kit?

This one:

Thank you!
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 February 2015, 05:58:54 by derzemel »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #801 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 07:14:40 »
For international orders what will the value be marked as on customs?

they will be shipped from the UK, any that arent shipped form the UK, will be marked as a $20 gift

This will save a lot of trouble and some money.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #802 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 07:22:48 »
Considering the Cyan keys, will the set contain only the two "Code" keys or other key that are shown in the OP?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #803 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 07:31:33 »
ok guys

i just wanna say a couple things, give a thanks and ask a favour

so as some of you may know, recently i have found out im going to have a baby, my wife suffers from men2 (http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Multiple-Endocrine-Neoplasia-Type-2-%28MEN-2%29.htm) and several other things that complicate a pregnancy as a result of it, as such, i dont have nearly the free time that i normally have right now, constant hospital visits, monitoring etc, its not something i intended to openly share but it is the reason for the following points

firstly, i wanna say thank you to everyone who chips in and answers questions when im not around, it helps out a ton and i really appreciate it

secondly just to mention, i may be a little slow to reply at the moment, but i am around, so if you dont get a reply instantly, just leave it a bit, or always feel free to send me a follow up message in case i miss something

lastly, given the post above, some pms etc ive had and other comments in the thread, or even what comes up as a result of me saying this, id really appreciate it if someone could come up with a list of any previously or future requested keys, so i can look at it all in one place, get quotes on each key/set of keys, put them in some sort of stretch goal order and work from there, its something ive been meaning to sit down and do for a week now and just havent managed to get done, no bother if nobody does it, but if it does happen id be super grateful, id like to get things quoted long before the buy ends, so we dont hold it up

Just in reference to this - if anyone is collecting a list of extra keys etc. if you want to liaise with me with those I will make sure they get quoted etc.

I have had one change made recently - it's an ISO keycap but I've had the legends changed on the R3 #~ (|\) so that it has #~ printed on the top and |\ printed on the front - this is because otherwise if you put this set on an ISO board you would have the |\ legend on the top of 2 caps. As it's an ISO cap I don't think it will affect many users, but I think the ones it does affect will be happy for the change.

« Last Edit: Wed, 25 February 2015, 07:43:01 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #804 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 07:45:43 »
ok guys

i just wanna say a couple things, give a thanks and ask a favour

so as some of you may know, recently i have found out im going to have a baby, my wife suffers from men2 (http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Multiple-Endocrine-Neoplasia-Type-2-%28MEN-2%29.htm) and several other things that complicate a pregnancy as a result of it, as such, i dont have nearly the free time that i normally have right now, constant hospital visits, monitoring etc, its not something i intended to openly share but it is the reason for the following points

firstly, i wanna say thank you to everyone who chips in and answers questions when im not around, it helps out a ton and i really appreciate it

secondly just to mention, i may be a little slow to reply at the moment, but i am around, so if you dont get a reply instantly, just leave it a bit, or always feel free to send me a follow up message in case i miss something

lastly, given the post above, some pms etc ive had and other comments in the thread, or even what comes up as a result of me saying this, id really appreciate it if someone could come up with a list of any previously or future requested keys, so i can look at it all in one place, get quotes on each key/set of keys, put them in some sort of stretch goal order and work from there, its something ive been meaning to sit down and do for a week now and just havent managed to get done, no bother if nobody does it, but if it does happen id be super grateful, id like to get things quoted long before the buy ends, so we dont hold it up

Just in reference to this - if anyone is collecting a list of extra keys etc. if you want to liaise with me with those I will make sure they get quoted etc.

I have had one change made recently - it's an ISO keycap but I've had the legends changed on the R3 #~ (|\) so that it has #~ printed on the top and |\ printed on the front - this is because otherwise if you put this set on an ISO board you would have the |\ legend on the top of 2 caps. As it's an ISO cap I don't think it will affect many users, but I think the ones it does affect will be happy for the change.
#

ill forward the list so far to sir margo
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #805 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 09:52:57 »
I don't normally care for ABS sets... but these look great! How fast do GMK ABS sets like this wear down? Are they subject to shine just as fast as other ABS sets?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #806 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 09:55:05 »
I don't normally care for ABS sets... but these look great! How fast do GMK ABS sets like this wear down? Are they subject to shine just as fast as other ABS sets?

These babies are the creme of the crop, they take way longer to shine than the Signature Plastics sets. Just read some of Elrick's posts and you'll understand :)
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #807 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 09:57:50 »

These babies are the creme of the crop, they take way longer to shine than the Signature Plastics sets. Just read some of Elrick's posts and you'll understand :)

Well that's good to hear... I hate shine... How long are we talking until they shine? Say if I were to use this set for 4-5 hours a day?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #808 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 09:58:50 »

Well that's good to hear... I hate shine... How long are we talking until they shine? Say if I were to use this set for 4-5 hours a day?

Years rather than months. I've been using my Classic Beige set every day for over a year and they look like the day I got them after a quick clean.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #809 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 09:59:19 »

You want these caps to be under your fingers so badly, that you would not be able to type in any other cap more. Be prepared to experience something entirely new, just after the veil dropped off your eyes.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #810 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 16:01:07 »
LOL, buying this set tripped the fraud protection on my checking account, as it was processed via a UK account.  #thanksStripe

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #811 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 16:02:38 »
LOL, buying this set tripped the fraud protection on my checking account, as it was processed via a UK account.  #thanksStripe

its cause im in the UK

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #812 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 16:27:59 »

its cause im in the UK

Cool.  No worries, I was just amused.

Offline Keyzus

« Reply #813 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 07:38:22 »
I always thought Ctrl.Alt headquarters was in the USA.

Found out it wasn't when my bank hit me with an international transaction fee for this buy.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #814 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 07:48:32 »

Found out it wasn't when my bank hit me with an international transaction fee for this buy.

Ops! that hurted.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #815 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:19:13 »

now i want a headquarters

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #816 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:20:56 »

Maybe call it a "lair" instead.

Then, villainy!

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #817 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:33:55 »
Man these are nice... ugh... I'm so torn... someone please give me a reason to not buy these. My wallet is dying.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #818 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:34:44 »
Man these are nice... ugh... I'm so torn... someone please give me a reason to not buy these. My wallet is dying.

No good reason; it's a gorgeous set. Go right ahead  :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #819 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 15:09:57 »

One single reason for not buying this set: You love rubber dome keyboards.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #820 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 15:12:20 »

Which is why I love my Novatouch and a major reason why I ordered a second one. I just have to decide if I want this, Red Alert, or Olivetti. Or maybe two of those three. Or maybe all three of them.  Grrr...

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #821 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 15:46:27 »

Which is why I love my Novatouch and a major reason why I ordered a second one. I just have to decide if I want this, Red Alert, or Olivetti. Or maybe two of those three. Or maybe all three of them.  Grrr...

Don't forget about Classic Beige... :))

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #822 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 15:47:41 »

Not interested in that one, but I do have an order in for an Apple set from Ivan's R4. I am seriously tempted just to buy them all because keycaps.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #823 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 16:33:13 »

You want these caps to be under your fingers so badly, that you would not be able to type in any other cap more. Be prepared to experience something entirely new, just after the veil dropped off your eyes.

Wow. That good huh? Did they pay you to say that?  :))

Hah! Well there's no wonder I like these so  much.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 16:37:19 by awhitedev »

Offline JKer

« Reply #824 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:01:09 »
How can I change my shipping address? I'm afraid that I'm gonna move out in near future so I ask this just in case :D.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #825 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:04:23 »
How can I change my shipping address? I'm afraid that I'm gonna move out in near future so I ask this just in case :D.

Login > Go to Account > Order History > Click your order # > Click the Update button next to "Shipping Address"

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #826 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:14:17 »

If you think you'll ever regret passing them over, buy them. If you get them and don't like them (ha) or need the money you should easily be able to sell them. GMK sets are always in demand.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #827 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:17:21 »

If you think you'll ever regret passing them over, buy them. If you get them and don't like them (ha) or need the money you should easily be able to sell them. GMK sets are always in demand.
I have a good feeling, based on the original HyperFuse, that this set will be highly desired.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #828 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:28:24 »

Wise words here.  It's the question everyone asks themselves in that will there ever be another Group Buy set of Hyperfuse, the answer to that question is an absolute NO.

Because these are all coming from GMK don't count on the fact that a similar MOQ can be reached later on yet again, have the feeling that this baby is going to roll on through due to all the interest it has raised thus far.  This set won't be another boring colour-way done by them it's totally unique with specific colours that will never again be repeated.

So if you are sitting on the fence doubting your ability to buy into this then imagine how you'll feel when the deadline passes and you've got nothing but photo's of all your Geekhack mates showing off their latest GMK Hyperfuse acquisitions?  Being a LOSER is easy but being a winner is difficult, hence only you can decide which camp you want to permanently set yourself up in, especially now where this Group Buy will NEVER occur in any person's lifetime ever again.

This is the ONE and only Group Buy for this Key-set.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:30:04 by Elrick »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #829 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:29:55 »

Wise words here.  It's the question everyone asks themselves in that will there ever be another Group Buy set of Hyperfuse, the answer to that question is an absolute NO.

Because these are all coming from GMK don't count on the fact that a similar MOQ can be reached later on yet again, have the feeling that this baby is going to roll on through due to all the interest it has raised thus far.  This set won't be another boring colour-way done by them it's totally unique with specific colours that will never again be repeated.

So if you are sitting on the fence doubting your ability to buy into this then imagine how you'll feel when the deadline passes and you've got nothing but photo's of all your Geekhack mates showing off their latest GMK Hyperfuse acquisitions?  Being a LOSER is easy but being a winner is difficult, hence only you can decide which camp you want to permanently set yourself up in, especially now where this Group Buy will NEVER occur in any person's lifetime ever again.

This is a ONE and only Group Buy for this Key-set.

That's the only problem I have with this hobby. Everything is made in a single run, and if you miss out, you pay out the ass for it. I'm so broke because of it haha. All worth it.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #830 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:31:41 »

We'll add this to the list of projects in 2015.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #831 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:33:18 »
That's the only problem I have with this hobby. Everything is made in a single run, and if you miss out, you pay out the ass for it. I'm so broke because of it haha. All worth it.

That is why you have to save a small section of your pay packet for key-cap/keyboard purchases because you shall ALWAYS come across another item(s) for sale here on Geekhack  8) .

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #832 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:39:55 »

That is why you have to save a small section of your pay packet for key-cap/keyboard purchases because you shall ALWAYS come across another item(s) for sale here on Geekhack  8) .

Don't get me wrong, I budget for the hobby fairly well. I'm still surprised my fiancee lets me have a keyboard budget.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Polymer

« Reply #833 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:15:38 »

I agree that this set will likely NEVER come up again so if you like Hyperfuse and you like GMK, this is a no brainer buy...

But not getting it or getting it doesn't make you a winner or loser.  Sorry but that's a really immature way of looking at it...Who cares if other people have bought stuff and you didn't?  Caring what other people have bought is really more of a LOSER mind set...which camp do you set yourself up in?  If you just meant it as a joke, my apologies...
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:28:58 by Polymer »

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #834 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:23:13 »
Decided to get in on this.  :D I love and hate my keyboard hobby sometimes  :))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #835 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:36:28 »
I'm still surprised my fiancee lets me have a keyboard budget.

That is why WOMEN rule in our world.  They are the only ones that see the special effects key-caps and keyboards have on us weirdos and instead of ignoring it or making fun of us, they applaud our mental instability  8) .

Let's face it, who on Earth would spend all their free time and money on objects for inputting data into PC's it's us sad lot here, the Geekhack Community and nowhere else.  Our women know who we are and how we feel about our keyboards and all the plastic key-caps that cover them  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #836 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:41:10 »
If you just meant it as a joke, my apologies...
yeah, his posts are mostly facetious and always a good read

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #837 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 23:32:22 »

I'm still surprised my fiancee lets me have a keyboard budget.

That is why WOMEN rule in our world.  They are the only ones that see the special effects key-caps and keyboards have on us weirdos and instead of ignoring it or making fun of us, they applaud our mental instability  8) .

Let's face it, who on Earth would spend all their free time and money on objects for inputting data into PC's it's us sad lot here, the Geekhack Community and nowhere else.  Our women know who we are and how we feel about our keyboards and all the plastic key-caps that cover them  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

I agree but I'm in a weird position. My girlfriend spends a lot more money on BlackMilk (fancy leggings and other clothing) than I do on keyboards, and she has been collecting it for half the time I've been on here. She got 4 separate orders in the mail on the same day. She has I believe 200+ items from them and so much that she gets a custom designed piece for free.

I understand her love of the brand buy DAMN! I would love to have so much keyboard stuff I get some custom piece. Custom BroBot and ClickClack?! Sign me up!

The part where I agree is where she allows herself to buy her BlackMilk but I have to get the okay from her if I want any keyboard stuff. Women rule the world :|

Offline Belfong

« Reply #838 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 02:01:35 »

The part where I agree is where she allows herself to buy her BlackMilk but I have to get the okay from her if I want any keyboard stuff. Women rule the world :|
Ditch the girl. You should not be asking permission... unless you are married, like me, and have to ask.. because, you know, I have no choice!! I can't file for divorce over key caps. But you, my friend, still have a chance.. and a brighter future where you could be swimming in keys, instead of asking permission! Ditch I say!  :p :p

Offline morpheus

« Reply #839 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 02:47:13 »

Oh ****, when is this coming out? I have to decide between this and Triumph Adler... :'(

Also, can someone direct me to the Classic Beige Thread? I seem to have lost my Bookmark....Thanks

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #840 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 03:11:04 »

Ditch the girl. You should not be asking permission... unless you are married, like me, and have to ask.. because, you know, I have no choice!! I can't file for divorce over key caps. But you, my friend, still have a chance.. and a brighter future where you could be swimming in keys, instead of asking permission! Ditch I say!  :p :p

We are practically married. We've been together for years, live together, and are eachother's best friend. And even if we are not yet married, I ask because she usually helps me find out what I actually want because I hesitate and never make a decision. If I were to want a HHKB tomorrow and be decisive, she'd be okay with it.

In the end, I just want to be polite, since we all know, Happy Wife = Happy Life :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #841 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 03:22:04 »
In the end, I just want to be polite, since we all know, Happy Wife = Happy Life :)

That's the Golden Rule here, it's a partnership worth having.  Natural to want things on a consistent basis BUT to ignore her wishes can lead to extreme misery and eventual devastation, ALWAYS be in her good books no matter what  8) .

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #842 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 05:41:44 »

That's the Golden Rule here, it's a partnership worth having.  Natural to want things on a consistent basis BUT to ignore her wishes can lead to extreme misery and eventual devastation, ALWAYS be in her good books no matter what  8) .

Amen brother.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #843 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:00:17 »
Why arent all ctr alt's group buys in GMK?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #844 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:37:15 »

In my opinion two big reasons, GMK MOQ of 250 (and the cost in general) and the fact they are limited in legend selection.

Not to mention limited colors without very large MOQ increase for custom colors and perhaps even limited key size selection, although this probably isn't much of an issue.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #845 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:44:24 »

In my opinion two big reasons, GMK MOQ of 250 (and the cost in general) and the fact they are limited in legend selection.

Not to mention limited colors without very large MOQ increase for custom colors and perhaps even limited key size selection, although this probably isn't much of an issue.

yeah it all boils down to numbers and options

what works best for what i wanna do, sometimes ill do something knowing the order sweetspot is gonna be 75 - 100, or a colorway that just isnt possible with gmk

that being said, we have several gmk plans coming up (fairly spaced out), with the emphasis being to innovate rather than iterate

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #846 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:46:29 »
that being said, we have several gmk plans coming up (fairly spaced out), with the emphasis being to innovate rather than iterate

Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #847 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:56:33 »

yeah it all boils down to numbers and options

what works best for what i wanna do, sometimes ill do something knowing the order sweetspot is gonna be 75 - 100, or a colorway that just isnt possible with gmk

Haha damn. I won't do the mistake of waiting to see what you will come up with and I'll more likely get this one. Maybe I'll sell it later when I fancy something else more.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #848 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:24:41 »

Sweet! Hope wallet has enough time to recover :v

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #849 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:30:15 »

Oh baby!