Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761120 times)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (taking orders, 3 days left)
« Reply #1050 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:12:22 »
I'm still hesitating as I'm leaving MX world for the Topre one. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use it.

While we may never see a GMK Hyperfuse set again..I'm sure there will be other sets that come out that will be just as desirable for you..There is always going to be something new..

The fact that you're going Topre means there is even less of a reason to get these.  I mainly use Topre but game on Cherry and I'm getting a set..but who knows, this PBT Topre Spacebar project looks like it may happen so there doesn't seem to be any reason someone couldn't create a Topre set in the future....
Yeah we are in the same page I see. ;)
I left the MX world a while back for Topre but this set made me come back. Well worth it!

Oh yeah I just saw in your profile that you have a QFR.

Well I just 3 more days to take a decision. :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (taking orders, 4 days left)
« Reply #1051 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:05:05 »
I'm still hesitating as I'm leaving MX world for the Topre one. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use it.

Or you can pick up the Topre-clone Noppoo EC108-Pro with MX-compatible switch mounts.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1052 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:06:59 »
I think today might be the day I buy HF...

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1053 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:11:09 »

DOOOO IT! DOOOO IT! DOOOO IT!

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline drewba

« Reply #1054 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:22:28 »
What's holding you back?

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #1055 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 16:09:46 »
Is the workaround for PayPal working?
This one with the odere# ?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1056 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 16:10:38 »
Is the workaround for PayPal working?
This one with the odere# ?

im really sorry im not sure what you mean, but shoot me a pm and we can try work it out
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1057 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 16:30:17 »

Or you can pick up the Topre-clone Noppoo EC108-Pro with MX-compatible switch mounts.

I already have a Novatouch which is a better quality board overall and has Topre stem compatible with MX key caps. It is just that the next board I'm planning on getting is an HHKB hence I can't put a MX set on it. I could harvest the stem from my Novatouch but that won't happen. I love it too much and I have the Hack'd by Geeks set coming for it. :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1058 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:01:39 »

Come on! I bought not one set, but two!  ^-^

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1059 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:02:41 »

Come on! I bought not one set, but two!  ^-^
Yeah, I am not missing it for the world, but I think today will be the day that I place my order.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1060 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:10:50 »

While we may never see a GMK Hyperfuse set again..I'm sure there will be other sets that come out that will be just as desirable for you..There is always going to be something new..

The fact that you're going Topre means there is even less of a reason to get these.  I mainly use Topre but game on Cherry and I'm getting a set..but who knows, this PBT Topre Spacebar project looks like it may happen so there doesn't seem to be any reason someone couldn't create a Topre set in the future....
Yeah we are in the same page I see. ;)
I left the MX world a while back for Topre but this set made me come back. Well worth it!

Oh yeah I just saw in your profile that you have a QFR.

Well I just 3 more days to take a decision. :D
Got a TX1800 coming too  ;D
null

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1061 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:14:14 »

You would hope the next GMK set could reach the infamous MOQ but all too frequently it fails, you just have to look at Ivan's numerous failed, whole key-set proposals.  Now the poor guy has to struggle to ONLY get space-bars and stupid RGB mods made.

Pathetic - since most geekhackers here claim on this forum, they love any GMK sets yet they disappear never to be heard of again.  THIS group buy has the momentum to be highly SUCCESSFUL hence put away the fantasy that all GMK proposals become actual group buys because they do not.

That is why this Hyperfuse Set is so important to the majority here because who knows when the next GMK set gets this popular for an effective tipping point.  Always go for the popular since it means you shall actually receive something at your front door, from Germany soon  :thumb: .

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1062 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 19:50:14 »
and guess who just threw out his money for the set in this crayzehh exchange rate.....
R.I.P Credit card
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1063 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 20:00:00 »
gmk hyper fuse on orion v2  :-*
hi

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1064 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 20:52:11 »

You would hope the next GMK set could reach the infamous MOQ but all too frequently it fails, you just have to look at Ivan's numerous failed, whole key-set proposals.  Now the poor guy has to struggle to ONLY get space-bars and stupid RGB mods made.

Pathetic - since most geekhackers here claim on this forum, they love any GMK sets yet they disappear never to be heard of again.  THIS group buy has the momentum to be highly SUCCESSFUL hence put away the fantasy that all GMK proposals become actual group buys because they do not.

That is why this Hyperfuse Set is so important to the majority here because who knows when the next GMK set gets this popular for an effective tipping point.  Always go for the popular since it means you shall actually receive something at your front door, from Germany soon  :thumb: .

So I may be betraying my own ignorance here, but what is so great about GMK? I jumped on this buy mainly because I love the color scheme, but honestly I kind of wish it was the DSA profile instead of Cherry. Is there something really special about GMK that I should be looking forward to?

My boards:
More

Offline spoonypirate

« Reply #1065 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 20:56:42 »
Great, now I need to build a numpad so I don't make those keys go to waste.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1066 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:19:48 »

So I may be betraying my own ignorance here, but what is so great about GMK? I jumped on this buy mainly because I love the color scheme, but honestly I kind of wish it was the DSA profile instead of Cherry. Is there something really special about GMK that I should be looking forward to?

GMK's keycaps put anything SP makes to shame.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1067 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:26:08 »

I wasn't a believer either, until I picked up some of the GMK esc keys. These put all other ABS caps to shame. These will be nearly as thick as thick pbt, but with the clearest double-shot legends you could ever imagine. $115 for a complete set like this is a steal.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1068 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:51:28 »

I wasn't a believer either, until I picked up some of the GMK esc keys. These put all other ABS caps to shame. These will be nearly as thick as thick pbt, but with the clearest double-shot legends you could ever imagine. $115 for a complete set like this is a steal.

So it's mostly a matter of overall quality and durability?

My boards:
More

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1069 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:03:24 »
it's very durable, thick (feels good to press), and the aesthetic is unmatched. cherry profile too which is the perfect height for keycaps

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1070 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:16:11 »

That is why this Hyperfuse Set is so important to the majority here because who knows when the next GMK set gets this popular for an effective tipping point.

Well, I'm sure with the success of this GB (It looks like it will be a success) that other GMK GBs will happen..and even if most do not, some will....There will always be something new to buy, I don't think anyone has to worry about that.  It might not be this exact thing but there will always be something new.

I do think the way Bunny has approached this GB is the right way...Too often people are worried about tailoring something for everyone.  You can buy this but not that and splitting it all into little bits...That might be ok when you know you'll hit MOQ but I think the approach of saying, it is all or nothing and making it so the pricing ends up being right for the whole thing was a good way to reach a hard MOQ target. 

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1071 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:33:18 »

So it's mostly a matter of overall quality and durability?

Quality, durability, keycap feel, aesthetics, GMK does it all and does it well (the best imo). There's a reason this thread is 36 pages long. GMK is super-legit. Everything else feels cheap in comparison.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1072 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:55:18 »
[urge to get a second set intensifies]

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1073 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:57:10 »
[urge to get a second set intensifies]
That feel, I'm with you.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1074 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:03:24 »
GMK is super-legit. Everything else feels cheap in comparison.

Willy is right.  He knows the deal here, German made caps simply rule and they are VERY hard to get from the factory and in these colours as well.

Everything about this Group Buy is exquisite and nothing has been left out for any keyboard lover.  If you want a supreme feeling key-cap that will make any hardcore typist weak at their knees,  this set is the ONLY one to make yourself cum over and over again.

You can not resist Hyperfuse, it's a key-set that leaves a subliminal imprint upon your brain, once seen and used on any keyboard you shall never be 'normal' ever again  8) .

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1075 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:09:31 »
pretty much confirmed 1800 support, not sur ewhere the budget will be from there

EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO KNOW!!!

I was worried this set won't have 1800 support~

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1076 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:46:08 »

Willy is right.  He knows the deal here, German made caps simply rule and they are VERY hard to get from the factory and in these colours as well.

Everything about this Group Buy is exquisite and nothing has been left out for any keyboard lover.  If you want a supreme feeling key-cap that will make any hardcore typist weak at their knees,  this set is the ONLY one to make yourself cum over and over again.

You can not resist Hyperfuse, it's a key-set that leaves a subliminal imprint upon your brain, once seen and used on any keyboard you shall never be 'normal' ever again  8) .

You say nothing has been left out, so I have to ask...I thought PBT was generally superior to ABS, is that not the case?

My boards:
More

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1077 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 00:03:21 »

You say nothing has been left out, so I have to ask...I thought PBT was generally superior to ABS, is that not the case?

Ahhhhh, the classic, "but isn't PBT better?" question. As has been said many times on GH, there are varying levels of quality when it comes to both ABS and PBT. Some PBT is just plain bad, some is really awesome (I want to try some BSP one day). GMK's ABS is the absolute best ABS. Very thick, beautiful legends, quite shine resitant, and the cherry profile is totally the best profile (I absolutely love low profile keys, but cherry blows DSA out of the water; my classic cherry set is amazing). They have a gorgeous colors as well, with this set as the prime example.

The reason the buy is done as ABS and not PBT is because ABS is the only thing that GMK does. They bought cherry's original ABS keycap tooling and have been creating cherry replicas ever since. Doubleshot and pad print only, but truly amazing keys. Once you go Cherry/GMK, you don't go back.

What Elrick was initially referring to is that a wide variety of layouts have been accounted for in this GB, which is rare for a GMK GB, where the MOQ is so high and the price point is so critical (at least I think that's what he was talking about). The keys in this GB, and the upcoming TA GB, have been chosen very intelligently and with care. The set is just designed well.

That is why this Hyperfuse Set is so important to the majority here because who knows when the next GMK set gets this popular for an effective tipping point.

Well, I'm sure with the success of this GB (It looks like it will be a success) that other GMK GBs will happen..and even if most do not, some will....There will always be something new to buy, I don't think anyone has to worry about that.  It might not be this exact thing but there will always be something new.

I do think the way Bunny has approached this GB is the right way...Too often people are worried about tailoring something for everyone.  You can buy this but not that and splitting it all into little bits...That might be ok when you know you'll hit MOQ but I think the approach of saying, it is all or nothing and making it so the pricing ends up being right for the whole thing was a good way to reach a hard MOQ target. 

So I don't mean to **** on the "we're actually going to meet the MOQ for a full GMK GB for once" hype train, but I think we're all forgetting one key detail here:

as with any gmk buy, numbers are important, i will make this happen no matter what, but i would really appreciate every single order to help along with the MOQ

There's effectively no MOQ for this buy. Due to the pure generosity and love of Bunny, this GB is going to happen no matter what. You have the man himself running the entire show and his personal word that this buy will happen. Coming from Bun, that's like gold. So, who knows if we've hit MOQ? For all we know, everyone in this thread is full of **** and only 25 orders have been placed on ctrlalt.io, doesn't really matter to us, we'll get our sets. So, remember, to always thank your Bunny whenever you get a beautiful set like this :).

We <3 you Bun. :thumb:

NOTE: I do think we have hit the MOQ though, just making a point as this was something that struck me and has always impressed me right from the get go in this GB.
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1078 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 00:32:51 »
^^^

What is this TA gb you speak of?

Edit: just figured it out and  :eek:

Can't f***ing wait. What a great time to be a mech enthusiast!!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 00:37:44 by Willyc277 »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1079 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 01:56:18 »
I ordered a set earlier today but I am honestly thinking about buying another as an investment.
Thoughts guys?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1080 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 03:42:09 »
NOTE: I do think we have hit the MOQ though, just making a point as this was something that struck me and has always impressed me right from the get go in this GB.

I agree with you..we probably did as I thought I saw mention of 250...but of course, Bunny backing it obviously made it easier for people to plop money down...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1081 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 04:26:36 »
Yeah the response for this set has been huge, I'll be surprised if we haven't hit MOQ yet.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1082 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:03:41 »
I saw Bunny talk about extra keys, if I remember correctly the 1.75u Control will be made so I think it reached MOQ. Anyway I'm glad I had the money to join this GB, it's a colorway I love and it's GMK  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:05:33 »
So I don't mean to **** on the "we're actually going to meet the MOQ for a full GMK GB for once" hype train, but I think we're all forgetting one key detail here:

This would be the Second MAJOR all key-set Group Buy from GMK, the earlier one run by Ivan for the "Dolch Series" which met moq and got through to their factory for production.  I ONLY wanted to part vital info here in that meeting the requirements in getting any FULL GMK key-set made is very high and it's not always successful.

Believe it or not CTRL/ALT still needs a vast number of people to participate due to the huge costs involved in getting these made.  As CTRL/ALT isn't a registered business but only a mediator to the corporate entities out there, I suspect Bunny has the authority to speak on our behalf regarding the design and make-up of this key-set.

Always getting a MOQ met isn't easy unless some external business buys in first to help push along the order amounts quickly, still very few businesses would purchase outright 250 sets, according to my observations thus far (take that with a pinch of salt).

That is why you'll get those sitting on the fence wondering if they'll participate now or wait for the sets to be sold later on in some shop window.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1084 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:43:39 »
Is there some reason why Bunny can't or won't share the numbers?

My boards:
More

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1085 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:52:01 »

This would be the Second MAJOR all key-set Group Buy from GMK, the earlier one run by Ivan for the "Dolch Series" which met moq and got through to their factory for production.  I ONLY wanted to part vital info here in that meeting the requirements in getting any FULL GMK key-set made is very high and it's not always successful.

Believe it or not CTRL/ALT still needs a vast number of people to participate due to the huge costs involved in getting these made.  As CTRL/ALT isn't a registered business but only a mediator to the corporate entities out there, I suspect Bunny has the authority to speak on our behalf regarding the design and make-up of this key-set.

Alwajys getting a MOQ met isn't easy unless some external business buys in first to help push along the order amounts quickly, still very few businesses would purchase outright 250 sets, according to my obserkłrvations thus far (take that with a pinch of salt).
Jl''lmkkkl
That is why you'll get those sitting on the fence wondering if they'll participate now or wait for the sets to be sold later on in some shop window.
Im was very close to trying to buy someone's toxic set that needed the money more than they needed the caps. It was tempting because it was in the shipping phase and I would have gotten it right off the bat. However I really love this hyper fuse color way amd I have not yet had the pleasure of owning or even using a GMK made set. Unfortunately I have to wait til Friday when I get paid to join the GB l,hopefully they will still be accepting payment. I had no clue how difficult it was to get GMK to produce a run. Anyways I keep hearing people mention this GB will happen no matter how may orders are submitted blah blah. Does this mean bunny is putting down his own money to make up for however many orders we are shy of the MOQ (what does that stand for by the way? Minnimum order quota?) so I'm pretty excited to join this GB and hopefully all goes well in manufacturing and we get our caps in a timely fashion  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1086 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:57:29 »
im just rolling out of bed as it was a bit of a late night, once ive had a cup of tea and my brain works ill write up a post commenting on a few of the points raised above and reply to pms

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1087 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 07:16:27 »
Anyone have an idea on what the extra keys will be? Would be nice to see this be compatible with leopold 660's and have a ctrl keycap for the caps lock location.

ctrl cap is going in for sure

pretty much confirmed 1800 support, not sur ewhere the budget will be from there
Well I'm ready to donate to get this added  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #1088 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 07:19:19 »

Place order and waiting my paypal invoice ;).

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1089 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 07:22:19 »

could you pm me an order number and pp email

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #1090 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 07:25:42 »

could you pm me an order number and pp email

Replied mail :-s

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #1091 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 07:50:21 »
PAID :p

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1092 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:12:15 »

Always getting a MOQ met isn't easy unless some external business buys in first to help push along the order amounts quickly, still very few businesses would purchase outright 250 sets, according to my observations thus far (take that with a pinch of salt).

Oh, absofruitly. The warning was worth it, whether or not this buy needs to hit a MOQ doesn't affect how often other GMK buys miss their MOQ, after all. So letting people know it might be awhile before another GMK set gets the support and backing that this one has gotten and then goes on to succeed, is a good idea. So, I agree entirely.

Just wanted to remind people how awesome Bun is and how dedicated to this buy he is. So maybe those sitting on the fence due to a fear of this buy not hitting MOQ or flopping will have their fears assuaged and will hop on in :). Trust us guys, the water's nice in this pool, real nice.

Nothing but love and support Bun <3. I did not mean to undermine the dedication and amount of effort the entire CA team has put into this buy or make it seem like you guys will cover everything and no one here needs to buy anything (because we do if we want all these nice extra keys for esoteric layouts, and, ya know, don't be a **** to Bun). So, if my message came across as that, I apologize.

So, TL;DR, hitting GMK MOQs is hard, and Bun is amazing, so there's no fear of your money being taken off somewhere. So join the damn buy!
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1093 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:15:58 »
ok

just wanted to make a post to briefly go over a few points when i was sleeping

firstly, thanks for the huge support this gb has had, to say that this is essentially an original IP (i know i did it with sp, but what i mean is its a totally new set for gmk, not a rerun of a popular cherry colorway) the support has been outstanding

with regards to people wanting to know numbers, the truth is it isnt over yet, what i can say is itll land im sure somewhere between 250 and 350, there is actually a price drop at 400 sets, i never though for a second we would get there, but if for some reason we magically do, ill use that extra money (roughly 8 - 10 dollars a set i think) to include extra keys on top of donations, i dont think we will get there unless some insane surge happens but thats the plan if we do, and if we hit that, trust me, ill be exceptionally open about it as ill be over the moon

i dont wanna go in to my gb method too much here, because me and sent are planning to record a blog/;pod-cast all about gbs this week so most of it will be covered there, but i do want to touch on the nice post about how i guarantee gbs get made etc, this applies slightly less to gmk and mroe to sp but i use the same model for everything

with gmk its easy to set the price, because realistically we will always be at the 250 price tier if these buys end up getting made, but i get lots of questions about why i dont offer price tiers (mainly with sp), the truth of that is, they cause far more problems than they are worth, through doing so many gbs, i can just look at a set we do and know 95% of time exactly what tier it will sit in, and there are huge benefits to an upfront price structure when running gbs

when people used tiered pricing, many issues come up, from the start, its hard to get initial orders when the prices are high, secondly, it makes certain parts of sets that arent as popular massively over priced, and you cant invoice until the end of a gb, which cause an entire new set of problems, you assume you have hit x price tier, but when you come to invoice, x amount of people end up dropping out as they have found something else or changed their mind at that time, then all the other invoices you sent out may not be at the tier you are now at, meaning you either have to delay and reopen orders or redo all the invoices etc, then end up having more people drop out as its no longer at the tier they agreed to

what i do, is guarantee a price point, by doing that i assume a large amount of risk, no matter what we sell, you pay that one price, and the set gets made whatever, for instance, miami twice didnt quite hit the price tier i wanted it to, i ended up having to order about 12 extra sets, to get it to about $91.75 (before anyone starts complaining i charged $95 and am now making profit, i have to pay stripe fees on payments, which is about 2-3%)

on the other end of that, is sometimes something may be m,ore successful than i thought (once we hit those higher numbers, the price drops arent huge, but i may end up paying a few dollars less per set here and there) when this happens, we can do things like add a couple of extra keys, get things like stickers for packages etc, little niceties to make the gb better for everyone

with guaranteeing hyperfuse, i had every faith we would hit this MOQ, but im so passionate about this colorway i would have made it happen no matter what, and with gmk buys, there is very little at risk, there is always huge aftermarket demand for gmk sets, and im sure between the time this buy ends, and the time this buy finishes shipping, ill get hundreds of requests for an extra set

lastly id like to have a little rant about PBT

i see this more and more at the moment, this idea that just because something is made out of pbt it is better, or if something is abs it is somehow an inferior product, its such a naive and ridiculous opinion and it really bothers me because people are both missing out on great things and investing in garbage because they are so misinformed

firstly, its all personal preference, and if your preference is pbt and you make your purchasing decisions based on that, that is totally fine

as with all things, there are quality well made versions, and cheap trash, with pbt in particular, this is more true than anywhere else in keyboards, the tolerances with casting anything in pbt are very different to abs, and as a result there is a much bigger gap between good quality and poor quality pbt products, good quality pbt is rare, really rare, if you can pick up a nice original cherry pbt dyesub set, it really is glorious, bsp is great quality, but its hard to get and even then, there are compatibility and profile issues for many layouts, other than that, i would take gmk abs over any other pbt manufacturer, because the truth is, its the quality of the keycap that makes them great, not the material, people should be looking at the manufacturer, and the quality and results of their keycaps, and not making decisions based JUST on the material alone

and before someone chimes in about shine and abs, i can show pics of some insanely shiny pbt sets i have that got a lot less use than some abs sets i have that get far more use

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1094 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:21:49 »
10/10 would read again. :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1095 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:22:03 »

Oh, absofruitly. The warning was worth it, whether or not this buy needs to hit a MOQ doesn't affect how often other GMK buys miss their MOQ, after all. So letting people know it might be awhile before another GMK set gets the support and backing that this one has gotten and then goes on to succeed, is a good idea. So, I agree entirely.

Just wanted to remind people how awesome Bun is and how dedicated to this buy he is. So maybe those sitting on the fence due to a fear of this buy not hitting MOQ or flopping will have their fears assuaged and will hop on in :). Trust us guys, the water's nice in this pool, real nice.

Nothing but love and support Bun <3. I did not mean to undermine the dedication and amount of effort the entire CA team has put into this buy or make it seem like you guys will cover everything and no one here needs to buy anything (because we do if we want all these nice extra keys for esoteric layouts, and, ya know, don't be a **** to Bun). So, if my message came across as that, I apologize.

So, TL;DR, hitting GMK MOQs is hard, and Bun is amazing, so there's no fear of your money being taken off somewhere. So join the damn buy!

i took your post as nothing but positive sir and really appreciate it

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1096 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:22:13 »
ok

just wanted to make a post to briefly go over a few points when i was sleeping

firstly, thanks for the huge support this gb has had, to say that this is essentially an original IP (i know i did it with sp, but what i mean is its a totally new set for gmk, not a rerun of a popular cherry colorway) the support has been outstanding

with regards to people wanting to know numbers, the truth is it isnt over yet, what i can say is itll land im sure somewhere between 250 and 350, there is actually a price drop at 400 sets, i never though for a second we would get there, but if for some reason we magically do, ill use that extra money (roughly 8 - 10 dollars a set i think) to include extra keys on top of donations, i dont think we will get there unless some insane surge happens but thats the plan if we do, and if we hit that, trust me, ill be exceptionally open about it as ill be over the moon

i dont wanna go in to my gb method too much here, because me and sent are planning to record a blog/;pod-cast all about gbs this week so most of it will be covered there, but i do want to touch on the nice post about how i guarantee gbs get made etc, this applies slightly less to gmk and mroe to sp but i use the same model for everything

with gmk its easy to set the price, because realistically we will always be at the 250 price tier if these buys end up getting made, but i get lots of questions about why i dont offer price tiers (mainly with sp), the truth of that is, they cause far more problems than they are worth, through doing so many gbs, i can just look at a set we do and know 95% of time exactly what tier it will sit in, and there are huge benefits to an upfront price structure when running gbs

when people used tiered pricing, many issues come up, from the start, its hard to get initial orders when the prices are high, secondly, it makes certain parts of sets that arent as popular massively over priced, and you cant invoice until the end of a gb, which cause an entire new set of problems, you assume you have hit x price tier, but when you come to invoice, x amount of people end up dropping out as they have found something else or changed their mind at that time, then all the other invoices you sent out may not be at the tier you are now at, meaning you either have to delay and reopen orders or redo all the invoices etc, then end up having more people drop out as its no longer at the tier they agreed to

what i do, is guarantee a price point, by doing that i assume a large amount of risk, no matter what we sell, you pay that one price, and the set gets made whatever, for instance, miami twice didnt quite hit the price tier i wanted it to, i ended up having to order about 12 extra sets, to get it to about $91.75 (before anyone starts complaining i charged $95 and am now making profit, i have to pay stripe fees on payments, which is about 2-3%)

on the other end of that, is sometimes something may be m,ore successful than i thought (once we hit those higher numbers, the price drops arent huge, but i may end up paying a few dollars less per set here and there) when this happens, we can do things like add a couple of extra keys, get things like stickers for packages etc, little niceties to make the gb better for everyone

with guaranteeing hyperfuse, i had every faith we would hit this MOQ, but im so passionate about this colorway i would have made it happen no matter what, and with gmk buys, there is very little at risk, there is always huge aftermarket demand for gmk sets, and im sure between the time this buy ends, and the time this buy finishes shipping, ill get hundreds of requests for an extra set

lastly id like to have a little rant about PBT

i see this more and more at the moment, this idea that just because something is made out of pbt it is better, or if something is abs it is somehow an inferior product, its such a naive and ridiculous opinion and it really bothers me because people are both missing out on great things and investing in garbage because they are so misinformed

firstly, its all personal preference, and if your preference is pbt and you make your purchasing decisions based on that, that is totally fine

as with all things, there are quality well made versions, and cheap trash, with pbt in particular, this is more true than anywhere else in keyboards, the tolerances with casting anything in pbt are very different to abs, and as a result there is a much bigger gap between good quality and poor quality pbt products, good quality pbt is rare, really rare, if you can pick up a nice original cherry pbt dyesub set, it really is glorious, bsp is great quality, but its hard to get and even then, there are compatibility and profile issues for many layouts, other than that, i would take gmk abs over any other pbt manufacturer, because the truth is, its the quality of the keycap that makes them great, not the material, people should be looking at the manufacturer, and the quality and results of their keycaps, and not making decisions based JUST on the material alone

and before someone chimes in about shine and abs, i can show pics of some insanely shiny pbt sets i have that got a lot less use than some abs sets i have that get far more use
Love your work man, thanks again.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1097 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:22:50 »

lol sorry

im still waking up and im terrible at expressing myself

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1099 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:24:21 »

lol sorry

im still waking up and im terrible at expressing myself
No it was great, I was being serious. :D

I know your passion for this hobby and greatly appreciate the work you and your team do.