Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761337 times)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (taking orders, 3 days left)
« Reply #1100 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:28:47 »
10/10 would read again. :thumb:

lol sorry

im still waking up and im terrible at expressing myself
No it was great, I was being serious. :D

I know your passion for this hobby and greatly appreciate the work you and your team do.
Seconded.. I know I just got here (GH) but Bunny you already went out of your way for me with the hacked by Geeks GB and I really appreciate it. Even though its going to be awhile I'm really excited to have my first shot at some GMK action  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1101 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:36:30 »
Well I guess I'll chime in, since I am the one who brought up PBT in this thread. I really tried to word my PBT question carefully because I knew it might come across as incendiary. The truth is I'm very new to this hobby and I just don't know a lot of things. After posting my question I came across this thread which sort of helped settle my apprehensions about ABS.

I also raised a question about the numbers for this GB, and I feel like pointing out that I didn't ask out of a sense of entitlement. Again, I'm just new here and not sure how this stuff works. Anyway, I hope my questions weren't taken the wrong way.

From what I've seen already, Bunny is super nice. I bought this set the other day and had a problem with my credit card (I think I mistyped the CCV). Bunny was really quick to answer over email and just struck me as a genuinely nice guy. After reading his reply from this morning I'm about ready to order another set, too.

Anyway, thanks for being awesome and patient with the noob, everyone.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (taking orders, 2 days left)
« Reply #1102 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:36:44 »
oh last thing

i have baby scans and midwife appointments and stuff tomorrow, and its mothers day on sunday but we are seeing the wifes mother on saturday, so if anyone has any kinda complicated order or something for this they were waiting on, today would be the ideal day, as ill be on most of the day
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1103 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:42:13 »
Well I guess I'll chime in, since I am the one who brought up PBT in this thread. I really tried to word my PBT question carefully because I knew it might come across as incendiary. The truth is I'm very new to this hobby and I just don't know a lot of things. After posting my question I came across this thread which sort of helped settle my apprehensions about ABS.

I also raised a question about the numbers for this GB, and I feel like pointing out that I didn't ask out of a sense of entitlement. Again, I'm just new here and not sure how this stuff works. Anyway, I hope my questions weren't taken the wrong way.

From what I've seen already, Bunny is super nice. I bought this set the other day and had a problem with my credit card (I think I mistyped the CCV). Bunny was really quick to answer over email and just struck me as a genuinely nice guy. After reading his reply from this morning I'm about ready to order another set, too.

my reply wasnt aimed at you at all sir, your comment on pbt was just the trigger to lots of emails and comments i get like, id only order this if it was made out of pbt, or how can you charge 115 for an abs set etc

the people who say this dont bother me, it just bothers me that somehow misinformation has become so common knowledge that it is taken as fact, so many people new to the hobby see other people who are new to the hobby who are far to opinionated about things they dont really know about, and take those opinions as fact because they dont know any better and its seemingly the common opinion

but whatever the case, i took your questions and comments as nothing other than somebody asking questions and making comments, which is great

sorry if my post came across as being aimed at you, that wasnt the case

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1104 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:45:25 »

my reply wasnt aimed at you at all sir, your comment on pbt was just the trigger to lots of emails and comments i get like, id only order this if it was made out of pbt, or how can you charge 115 for an abs set etc

the people who say this dont bother me, it just bothers me that somehow misinformation has become so common knowledge that it is taken as fact, so many people new to the hobby see other people who are new to the hobby who are far to opinionated about things they dont really know about, and take those opinions as fact because they dont know any better and its seemingly the common opinion

but whatever the case, i took your questions and comments as nothing other than somebody asking questions and making comments, which is great

C'mon, man. Stop being so nice or you're going to force me to order another set.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1105 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:53:06 »

C'mon, man. Stop being so nice or you're going to force me to order another set.

every order helps sir, you never know, maybe we could make the 400 dream come alive

my buys are always interesting because we have the pay at time of order structure, we get a huge amount at the start, and steady amount in the middle, and normally a large spike in the last day or so, with this buy, it had a ton of momentum, so im very curious to see if we get the large spike at the end

Offline Jason_IRL

« Reply #1106 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:56:59 »
Paid! So excited.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #1107 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:58:14 »
ok

just wanted to make a post to briefly go over a few points when i was sleeping

firstly, thanks for the huge support this gb has had, to say that this is essentially an original IP (i know i did it with sp, but what i mean is its a totally new set for gmk, not a rerun of a popular cherry colorway) the support has been outstanding

with regards to people wanting to know numbers, the truth is it isnt over yet, what i can say is itll land im sure somewhere between 250 and 350, there is actually a price drop at 400 sets, i never though for a second we would get there, but if for some reason we magically do, ill use that extra money (roughly 8 - 10 dollars a set i think) to include extra keys on top of donations, i dont think we will get there unless some insane surge happens but thats the plan if we do, and if we hit that, trust me, ill be exceptionally open about it as ill be over the moon

i dont wanna go in to my gb method too much here, because me and sent are planning to record a blog/;pod-cast all about gbs this week so most of it will be covered there, but i do want to touch on the nice post about how i guarantee gbs get made etc, this applies slightly less to gmk and mroe to sp but i use the same model for everything

with gmk its easy to set the price, because realistically we will always be at the 250 price tier if these buys end up getting made, but i get lots of questions about why i dont offer price tiers (mainly with sp), the truth of that is, they cause far more problems than they are worth, through doing so many gbs, i can just look at a set we do and know 95% of time exactly what tier it will sit in, and there are huge benefits to an upfront price structure when running gbs

when people used tiered pricing, many issues come up, from the start, its hard to get initial orders when the prices are high, secondly, it makes certain parts of sets that arent as popular massively over priced, and you cant invoice until the end of a gb, which cause an entire new set of problems, you assume you have hit x price tier, but when you come to invoice, x amount of people end up dropping out as they have found something else or changed their mind at that time, then all the other invoices you sent out may not be at the tier you are now at, meaning you either have to delay and reopen orders or redo all the invoices etc, then end up having more people drop out as its no longer at the tier they agreed to

what i do, is guarantee a price point, by doing that i assume a large amount of risk, no matter what we sell, you pay that one price, and the set gets made whatever, for instance, miami twice didnt quite hit the price tier i wanted it to, i ended up having to order about 12 extra sets, to get it to about $91.75 (before anyone starts complaining i charged $95 and am now making profit, i have to pay stripe fees on payments, which is about 2-3%)

on the other end of that, is sometimes something may be m,ore successful than i thought (once we hit those higher numbers, the price drops arent huge, but i may end up paying a few dollars less per set here and there) when this happens, we can do things like add a couple of extra keys, get things like stickers for packages etc, little niceties to make the gb better for everyone

with guaranteeing hyperfuse, i had every faith we would hit this MOQ, but im so passionate about this colorway i would have made it happen no matter what, and with gmk buys, there is very little at risk, there is always huge aftermarket demand for gmk sets, and im sure between the time this buy ends, and the time this buy finishes shipping, ill get hundreds of requests for an extra set

lastly id like to have a little rant about PBT

i see this more and more at the moment, this idea that just because something is made out of pbt it is better, or if something is abs it is somehow an inferior product, its such a naive and ridiculous opinion and it really bothers me because people are both missing out on great things and investing in garbage because they are so misinformed

firstly, its all personal preference, and if your preference is pbt and you make your purchasing decisions based on that, that is totally fine

as with all things, there are quality well made versions, and cheap trash, with pbt in particular, this is more true than anywhere else in keyboards, the tolerances with casting anything in pbt are very different to abs, and as a result there is a much bigger gap between good quality and poor quality pbt products, good quality pbt is rare, really rare, if you can pick up a nice original cherry pbt dyesub set, it really is glorious, bsp is great quality, but its hard to get and even then, there are compatibility and profile issues for many layouts, other than that, i would take gmk abs over any other pbt manufacturer, because the truth is, its the quality of the keycap that makes them great, not the material, people should be looking at the manufacturer, and the quality and results of their keycaps, and not making decisions based JUST on the material alone

and before someone chimes in about shine and abs, i can show pics of some insanely shiny pbt sets i have that got a lot less use than some abs sets i have that get far more use
Love your work man, thanks again.

He's literally our guy.
Would that he were running for political office somewhere. I'd relocate just to vote.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1108 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:04:35 »
ok

firstly, thanks for the huge support this gb has had, to say that this is essentially an original IP (i know i did it with sp, but what i mean is its a totally new set for gmk, not a rerun of a popular cherry colorway) the support has been outstanding

with regards to people wanting to know numbers, the truth is it isnt over yet, what i can say is itll land im sure somewhere between 250 and 350, there is actually a price drop at 400 sets, i never though for a second we would get there, but if for some reason we magically do, ill use that extra money (roughly 8 - 10 dollars a set i think) to include extra keys on top of donations, i dont think we will get there unless some insane surge happens but thats the plan if we do, and if we hit that, trust me, ill be exceptionally open about it as ill be over the moon

i dont wanna go in to my gb method too much here, because me and sent are planning to record a blog/;pod-cast all about gbs this week so most of it will be covered there, but i do want to touch on the nice post about how i guarantee gbs get made etc, this applies slightly less to gmk and mroe to sp but i use the same model for everything

with gmk its easy to set the price, because realistically we will always be at the 250 price tier if these buys end up getting made, but i get lots of questions about why i dont offer price tiers (mainly with sp), the truth of that is, they cause far more problems than they are worth, through doing so many gbs, i can just look at a set we do and know 95% of time exactly what tier it will sit in, and there are huge benefits to an upfront price structure when running gbs

when people used tiered pricing, many issues come up, from the start, its hard to get initial orders when the prices are high, secondly, it makes certain parts of sets that arent as popular massively over priced, and you cant invoice until the end of a gb, which cause an entire new set of problems, you assume you have hit x price tier, but when you come to invoice, x amount of people end up dropping out as they have found something else or changed their mind at that time, then all the other invoices you sent out may not be at the tier you are now at, meaning you either have to delay and reopen orders or redo all the invoices etc, then end up having more people drop out as its no longer at the tier they agreed to

what i do, is guarantee a price point, by doing that i assume a large amount of risk, no matter what we sell, you pay that one price, and the set gets made whatever, for instance, miami twice didnt quite hit the price tier i wanted it to, i ended up having to order about 12 extra sets, to get it to about $91.75 (before anyone starts complaining i charged $95 and am now making profit, i have to pay stripe fees on payments, which is about 2-3%)

on the other end of that, is sometimes something may be m,ore successful than i thought (once we hit those higher numbers, the price drops arent huge, but i may end up paying a few dollars less per set here and there) when this happens, we can do things like add a couple of extra keys, get things like stickers for packages etc, little niceties to make the gb better for everyone

with guaranteeing hyperfuse, i had every faith we would hit this MOQ, but im so passionate about this colorway i would have made it happen no matter what, and with gmk buys, there is very little at risk, there is always huge aftermarket demand for gmk sets, and im sure between the time this buy ends, and the time this buy finishes shipping, ill get hundreds of requests for an extra set

i see this more and more at the moment, this idea that just because something is made out of pbt it is better, or if something is abs it is somehow an inferior product, its such a naive and ridiculous opinion and it really bothers me because people are both missing out on great things and investing in garbage because they are so misinformed

firstly, its all personal preference, and if your preference is pbt and you make your purchasing decisions based on that, that is totally fine

as with all things, there are quality well made versions, and cheap trash, with pbt in particular, this is more true than anywhere else in keyboards, the tolerances with casting anything in pbt are very different to abs, and as a result there is a much bigger gap between good quality and poor quality pbt products, good quality pbt is rare, really rare, if you can pick up a nice original cherry pbt dyesub set, it really is glorious, bsp is great quality, but its hard to get and even then, there are compatibility and profile issues for many layouts, other than that, i would take gmk abs over any other pbt manufacturer, because the truth is, its the quality of the keycap that makes them great, not the material, people should be looking at the manufacturer, and the quality and results of their keycaps, and not making decisions based JUST on the material alone

and before someone chimes in about shine and abs, i can show pics of some insanely shiny pbt sets i have that got a lot less use than some abs sets i have that get far more use
Love your work man, thanks again.

He's literally our guy.
Would that he were running for political office somewhere. I'd relocate just to vote.

id just like to say, for whatever it is worth, R1N3 is one of the nicest people i have met on the forums, and i dont get a chance to stress that enough

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1109 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:10:06 »
Since we're discussing it..

I'd say on average, PBT will be a bit more resistant to shine and feel a bit harder...But that doesn't mean all PBT keycaps are better than all ABS keycaps...but I would say on average there are more junky ABS keycap sets and on average even a low end PBT set will wear better than some of the really bad ABS keycaps we see...

But really, none of that means anything...

GMK Keycaps will feel as good as any keycap set out there..the quality will be fantastic so no one should worry about whether it is ABS or PBT, this is not your everyday ABS keycap....It is better just to think of them as GMK.

If you're even the least bit worried, I'm sure there will be dozens of people that have missed out on this that will want it....

Now if we can only get the F and J with nibs as extras along with the standard scooped :).

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1110 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:23:25 »
ok

For being my first GB, this has been a hugely positive experience.
I initially had some doubts regarding group buys in general mostly based on small pieces of information I read on /r/mk (failed GBs, scammers, etc).
But I decided to give it a shot and at least read some of the comments on the GMK Hyperfuse GB topic.
BunnyLake, together with the more experienced GH members were very kind an patient and were really helpful answering questions and reassuring worried members.
I have also learned a lot about how a GB works, who GMK really are, how differentiate between quality products and mass produced ones, etc.
The conclusion I have reached, is that BunnyLake is more capable than most Project Managers I have worked and still work with at one of the biggest tech. corporations

Once again, thank you very much BunnyLake for making this happen.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1111 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:24:50 »
my buys are always interesting because we have the pay at time of order structure, we get a huge amount at the start, and steady amount in the middle, and normally a large spike in the last day or so, with this buy, it had a ton of momentum, so im very curious to see if we get the large spike at the end

I'm part of the spike at the end. I've seen Hyperfuse sets since I started this hobby, but only pulled the pin today. This seems to be a no-brainer for a newbie like me, with no keysets at all... try out Cherry profile in an awesome colorway. I'm *so* glad I didn't impulse buy the sets on PMK over the past few months, and instead joined this GB (and Hack'd)... I get the feeling I would have been underwhelmed by DSA and "flat" SA sets... ;-)

Thanks Bunny for making this happen.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1112 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:29:24 »
I initially had some doubts regarding group buys in general mostly based on small pieces of information I read on /r/mk (failed GBs, scammers, etc).

Same experience here. I got into this hobby via /r/mk, and we all know how Reddit instills so much faith in humanity, right?

It goes without saying, GH does not have the best reputation on /r/mk. Here's the difference between the two: when you ask about it in /r/mk, you get a mouthful. When you ask about it in #geekhack, you get something like, "it's not worth talking about. Just enjoy the hobby." That's a pretty mature response, especially considering all the flames being lobbed by the other side.

I still subscribe to /r/mk, but when I get tired of looking at hi-tops and want to actually talk to other keyboard enthusiasts I come to GH.

My boards:
More

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1113 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:31:44 »
ok

Beautiful post and beautifully worded! Agree with Spam, 10/10, would read again. Looking forward to that podcast too, I'd be very interested in knowing all the details and logistics that go into all of your buys :). Especially since you're one of the most reliable organizers and don't let things fall apart, not something easy.

Also, you even have full support from the 'ole McRipster:

ripster55 6 points 18 hours ago
Oblig PSA (https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2x1kzl/psa_group_buys_sometimes_end_up_being_scams/cow20y6)
Although if there is anyone I trust to deliver it is /u/Bunnylake .

I know you don't visit reddit, but it was nice seeing him explicitly support you/a GH'r in  general (source: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2yoz3j/last_chance_only_3_days_left/cpbr5jv), so I thought I'd share :).

Oh, and if anyone is implying that you making a $3.75 profit on a $95 item is an issue/moral concern, they can **** right off. That's ridiculous. 3% profit? And he guarantees all buys to the point where he's invested some personal money? Yea... Bun deserves to make some money back sometimes (even if he won't take it!).

i took your post as nothing but positive sir and really appreciate it

:). I figured you would understand what I meant. Nothing but <3 and support. It's odd, you guys were my first GB, and it was Raindrop R2. With blue alphas, so my set is still pending. However, I trust that you guys will deliver more than any other organizer/vendor due to your interaction with the community, transparency, everything I've read about you personally, and all the stories I've heard of you bailing GB's out over the past 2 years. It's just one of those things, you have a very trusting and likable personality Bun, and it goes pretty far.

oh last thing

i have baby scans and midwife appointments and stuff tomorrow, and its mothers day on sunday but we are seeing the wifes mother on saturday, so if anyone has any kinda complicated order or something for this they were waiting on, today would be the ideal day, as ill be on most of the day

Exciting!!!!!!!! That's so awesome dude, I hope everything is going well for you and the fam! Enjoy a nice break from all this GB organizer madness and get some relaxation :). We need a working Bunny, more than a faster Hyperfuse!

Everyone, order today! Keep this man's life easy.

I thoroughly apologize if my post came across as snippy or impatient. It was meant as neither, this is just a question that has been asked a lot recently and the pervasive nature of that opinion is now starting to amuse me more than anything :). This was just my first time to parrot the classic ABS defense, so I enjoyed writing it :). We were all beginners once and I imagine you're swapping from reddit (where that idea was born), so, time to iron out some of that misinformation :D.

He's literally our guy.

Bunny for president 2016. **** the natural citizen rule.
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1114 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:41:59 »
i wont quote the post above and make people eyes bleed, but thanks so much for the kind words and work that went in to that post, it is much appreciated

and for that, ill get a hyperfuse tshirt thrown in to your raindrop order, just shoot me your tshirt size and order number via pm and ill get that info over to cody for the next day he is shipping

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1115 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:18:52 »
I've gotta say, I actually really like that you charge up front for the order. For something like this I'd much rather pay now than wait until the end of the buy. It is one of the things I appreciate the most with Bunny's GB process. It helps that you can trust that you will get what you ordered, too. :) Keep up the good work! I love the positive vibes in this thread. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1116 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:21:02 »
i wont quote the post above and make people eyes bleed, but thanks so much for the kind words and work that went in to that post, it is much appreciated

and for that, ill get a hyperfuse tshirt thrown in to your raindrop order, just shoot me your tshirt size and order number via pm and ill get that info over to cody for the next day he is shipping
That's pretty sick man.... Congrats....
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1117 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:23:20 »
So, there's a ton of love and momentum in here.  It's been said before.  This is a historic set.  One of the best colorways ever produced, and being produced by arguably the best keycap manufacturer, GMK.  Because of GMK's high MOQ, we'll never ever get another shot at this.  So, I have a proposal.

Why don't we see how many people we can get to say:
Ah, **** it, I'll buy a second set.

I'm submitting my second order now.  Who's with me???
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1118 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:25:51 »
So, there's a ton of love and momentum in here.  It's been said before.  This is a historic set.  One of the best colorways ever produced, and being produced by arguably the best keycap manufacturer, GMK.  Because of GMK's high MOQ, we'll never ever get another shot at this.  So, I have a proposal.

Beat you to it. I ordered set #2 back on page 37.

My boards:
More

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #1119 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:28:16 »

Yeah, I'm gonna have to do this too

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1120 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:31:27 »
It helps that you can trust that you will get what you ordered, too.

This to me is the #1 reason...

There have been a lot of failed GBs and failed services where even long standing members of this community have basically disappeared with people's stuff and money...The number of times it has happened is alarmingly high.  Thankfully we have responsible and respected members like Bunny who restore our faith in this community.  Not only is this set going to look good, but the quality will be great.  It will likely never appear like this again (although I'm sure there will be some GMK GB's in the future).  Great product and probably the #1 person doing it = WIN. 

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1121 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:39:44 »

i fully support this movement

*raises fist

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1122 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:46:54 »

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1123 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:55:06 »

Ah, **** it, I'll buy a second set.  :))

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #1124 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:58:54 »
PAID :p

thanks

Hi Bunny, I will receive an order confirm on the CTR website?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1125 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:27:13 »
Well Bunny I guess you've got your answer about the 11th hour spike.

My boards:
More

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1126 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:31:37 »
I'm pretty sure I'll be placing an order before this is over.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1127 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:32:54 »
More
ok

Very well written - nothing to add here  :thumb:

I am also thinking about ordering a second set so we all can get extras keys if we reach 400.

I don't need it, but it shouldn't be a problem to sell it at cost a couple of weeks later :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1128 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:34:04 »
More
ok

I am also thinking about ordering a second set so we all can get extras keys if we reach 400.

I don't need it, but it shouldn't be a problem to sell it at cost a couple of weeks later :)

looking at numbers, there is an outside shot we may actually hit 400, it would need to be a really good final day, but not impossible

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1129 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:38:23 »
I was hoping to buy a couple of extra sets but with the bad Canadian exchange rate, and some unexpected finances that came up, I am trying to pull together the cash for at least one set.  :)  Will try and hope bunny out  :thumb:

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1130 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:43:11 »
More
ok

looking at numbers, there is an outside shot we may actually hit 400, it would need to be a really good final day, but not impossible

+1

I added my 2nd set, sir.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #1131 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:50:25 »
I said to Margo that I'd jump on if the MOQ was going to be missed, I guess I should've specified if that was the 250 or the 400...I'll see if I can sneak an order in when I get home.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1132 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 12:03:04 »
Most likely gonna place an order for a second set soon!

(I'm so irresponsible with my money... But this is a worthy cause!)
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:35:46 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline Chemisery

« Reply #1133 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 12:29:13 »
I am also part of the 11th hour hype train!  ;D

Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TK + Iron Mask II + GMK Dolch
WTB:
Riptide MX
Cosmic Dusk V2 MX
Nebulus V2 MX
Interstellar Blue V2 MX

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1134 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 13:28:48 »
Rock on guys!  Let's push this past 400!!
I'm back.

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1135 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 13:44:28 »
I might buy a second one  :-\ how do we know how many orders have been put in?
hi

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1136 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 16:21:35 »
We don't. But that's good. Otherwise we would all watch it sit at 399 and nobody would but that last one "because someone else surely will."

My boards:
More

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
(GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (taking orders, 2 days left)
« Reply #1137 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 16:47:48 »
That's why we need all the fence sitters IN and a SECOND SET for those already committed.

Edit: ASCII fail
I'm back.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1138 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 16:49:16 »
We don't. But that's good. Otherwise we would all watch it sit at 399 and nobody would but that last one "because someone else surely will."

as stated, we are a fair way off 400, not an impossible amount, but it would take a pretty good surge at the end

if we start getting real close ill push for it in the thread, but whatever happens, im overjoyed with how well its done and the support from everyone

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1139 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:31:21 »

I was thinking about picking up that Royal Kludge cause it looks interesting, but now I'm leaning towards...
Ah, **** it, I'll buy a second set.  :p
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1140 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:03:00 »

I was thinking about picking up that Royal Kludge cause it looks interesting, but now I'm leaning towards...
Ah, **** it, I'll buy a second set.  :p

Right on, brother!
I'm back.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1141 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:10:28 »
Scraped enough money together for an order! I'm happy I'll be able to join!  :thumb:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1142 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:25:15 »

Scraped enough money together for an order! I'm happy I'll be able to join!  :thumb:

Awesome!  Eating and having utilities is overrated
I'm back.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1143 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:25:39 »
Seriously about to add a second set regardless of whether or not we hit the next step

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1144 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:30:53 »
as stated, we are a fair way off 400, not an impossible amount, but it would take a pretty good surge at the end

if we start getting real close ill push for it in the thread, but whatever happens, im overjoyed with how well its done and the support from everyone

I'm sure the newbs will pile on in before the last second with this order  :thumb: .

Hyperfuse will never happen again hence those that THINK they are hard-core addicts need to finally front up.  Quit the small talk and pathetic excuses because this will finally highlight who are the real fanatics and who are full of sh1t  8) .

We have to hit the Bunny 400 benchmark since it shows everywhere else on Earth that we (Geekhack) are the ONLY real, true keyboard extremists.......

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1145 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:45:45 »

Seriously about to add a second set regardless of whether or not we hit the next step

C'mon, man, we're all here waiting for you at the double-Hyperfuse finish line!
I'm back.

Offline jrick

« Reply #1146 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:50:27 »
I'm sure the newbs will pile on in before the last second with this order  :thumb: .

Newb reporting in  :)

Contemplating this set.. but I don't suppose there's any chance of a 6u spacebar? I went back and forth on my decision ("hacker" vs standard bottom row) for the infinity on massdrop but couldn't pull myself away from the 1.5 1 1.5 modifiers, since meta would extend slightly further into the center of the keyboard and is a little more comfortable to use in emacs.  This set is just too gorgeous though.  So tempted just buy a set even without a board to put it on.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1147 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:50:41 »
Thanks to a kind ghostjuggernaught, I got Hyperfuse!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1148 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:53:40 »

Contemplating this set.. but I don't suppose there's any chance of a 6u spacebar? I went back and forth on my decision ("hacker" vs standard bottom row) for the infinity on massdrop but couldn't pull myself away from the 1.5 1 1.5 modifiers, since meta would extend slightly further into the center of the keyboard and is a little more comfortable to use in emacs.  This set is just too gorgeous though.  So tempted just buy a set even without a board to put it on.

If you think you will EVER have a board to put it on, this is your only chance. If you don't buy it now, you will NEVER have the option again short of paying crazy aftermarket prices.
I'm back.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1149 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:54:27 »