Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761081 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (taking orders, 2 days left)
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:00:58 »
I'm sure the newbs will pile on in before the last second with this order  :thumb: .

Newb reporting in  :)

Contemplating this set.. but I don't suppose there's any chance of a 6u spacebar? I went back and forth on my decision ("hacker" vs standard bottom row) for the infinity on massdrop but couldn't pull myself away from the 1.5 1 1.5 modifiers, since meta would extend slightly further into the center of the keyboard and is a little more comfortable to use in emacs.  This set is just too gorgeous though.  So tempted just buy a set even without a board to put it on.
I don't think the GMK 6u spacebar will work with the Infinity, anyway. It's really only setup for the 6u DSA spacebar from SP. As far as I know. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1151 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:28:13 »

as stated, we are a fair way off 400, not an impossible amount, but it would take a pretty good surge at the end

if we start getting real close ill push for it in the thread, but whatever happens, im overjoyed with how well its done and the support from everyone

I'm sure the newbs will pile on in before the last second with this order  :thumb: .

Hyperfuse will never happen again hence those that THINK they are hard-core addicts need to finally front up.  Quit the small talk and pathetic excuses because this will finally highlight who are the real fanatics and who are full of sh1t  8) .

We have to hit the Bunny 400 benchmark since it shows everywhere else on Earth that we (Geekhack) are the ONLY real, true keyboard extremists.......

Elrick=HyperHypeFuser

If I ever run for El Presidente, I know who will run my ad campaign!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1152 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:29:37 »
Ok newb question here but what's with the side printed legends? @ on the side of the " key for instance... I'm not familiar with that layout.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1153 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:31:47 »
Ok newb question here but what's with the side printed legends? @ on the side of the " key for instance... I'm not familiar with that layout.

It's for the UK ISO layout. I do recall Bunny mentioning that they will be adding the keys without the side legends.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1154 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:43:40 »

It's for the UK ISO layout. I do recall Bunny mentioning that they will be adding the keys without the side legends.

Oh ok, well that'd be great if they did. Hopefully enough donations are raised to come up with some of those keys. For many reasons, I'm excited to see what I get!  :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1155 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:52:11 »

we are waiting to here back with the quotes right now for the extra key options, once i have them, we can work out what to add, priority will go to the r3 ctrl key and judging by the success of the tx1800 buy, 1800 support
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1156 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:03:09 »
ill be going to bed pretty soon, ive basically got hospital baby related appointments from as soon as i get up tomorrow, so i dont think ill be able to reply to much until late afternoon my time ( late morning US time)

Offline jrick

« Reply #1157 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:17:24 »
welp I'm in.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1158 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:18:21 »
I'm getting a site error at checkout  :(
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1159 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:19:03 »

try and clear out you cart and try again

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1160 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:24:38 »

Still getting an error, I'll pm you about just doing this over paypal.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1161 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:27:46 »
Ah, **** it, I'll buy a second set.  :p

Bought a second set!
My wallet hates me so much - especially with the terrible AUS-USD exchange rate

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1162 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:45:20 »

Ah, **** it, I'll buy a second set.  :p

Bought a second set!
My wallet hates me so much - especially with the terrible AUS-USD exchange rate

Ah, the Jekyll & Hyde of the wallethack!  Welcome to the winner's circle!
I'm back.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1163 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:47:46 »

Still getting an error, I'll pm you about just doing this over paypal.

i have 3 orders from you stuck on processing lol

if you shoot me a pm with your paypal email ill get you sorted in the morning

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1164 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:51:45 »
Nope, not an error. He wants 3 separate sets :P

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1165 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:57:44 »

Nope, not an error. He wants 3 separate sets :P

That's how they roll in Philly!  Way to go FlyersFan!
I'm back.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1166 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:02:45 »

ill be going to bed pretty soon, ive basically got hospital baby related appointments from as soon as i get up tomorrow, so i dont think ill be able to reply to much until late afternoon my time ( late morning US time)

I hope everything goes well tomorrow with the doctors!
I'm back.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1167 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:08:22 »
If you think you will EVER have a board to put it on, this is your only chance. If you don't buy it now, you will NEVER have the option again short of paying crazy aftermarket prices.

For all the ones who've got some 'weirdo' keyboard setup ask them all in ONE years time will they STILL be using that keyboard?

Most often they will say NO because other keyboards will take their fancy, that's natural when you are a confirmed KEYBOARD ADDICT  :thumb: .

The down side will be if you actually think in your mind that the current keyboard you have is going down into your coffin when you die in the coming decades ahead, think about that seriously.  Again if you're solely concerned with the current keyboard ONLY then walk away with great humiliation and shame because you are not part of this Community.

Hyperfuse is for those that see a bright future of use in a number of keyboards where they be 1800 series (God's Gift) or any 104 or TKL layout.  That covers about 95% of every type of keyboard currently made, hence get in with the popular crowd and stop wasting time with the wall flowers and emo's who think they are cool because no one asks them for a dance at their proms.

Hyperfuse is for the hardcore typer who relishes the experience of breaking NEW world typing records, so this valuable 'key-set' is for those  8) .

Offline TheOpposition

« Reply #1168 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:08:38 »
Just grabbed 2 sets! :thumb:
(2) Poker II's
Poker 3 W/ Blues
JD40
Ergrodox

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1169 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:11:43 »

I hope everything goes well tomorrow with the doctors!

Bunny, try and massage your Mrs feet because for some strange reason every woman seems hypnotized when their feet are man-handled gently in Oil.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1170 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:11:50 »
If you think you will EVER have a board to put it on, this is your only chance. If you don't buy it now, you will NEVER have the option again short of paying crazy aftermarket prices.

For all the ones who've got some 'weirdo' keyboard setup ask them all in ONE years time will they STILL be using that keyboard?

Most often they will say NO because other keyboards will take their fancy, that's natural when you are a confirmed KEYBOARD ADDICT  :thumb: .

The down side will be if you actually think in your mind that the current keyboard you have is going down into your coffin when you die in the coming decades ahead, think about that seriously.  Again if you're solely concerned with the current keyboard ONLY then walk away with great humiliation and shame because you are not part of this Community.

Hyperfuse is for those that see a bright future of use in a number of keyboards where they be 1800 series (God's Gift) or any 104 or TKL layout.  That covers about 95% of every type of keyboard currently made, hence get in with the popular crowd and stop wasting time with the wall flowers and emo's who think they are cool because no one asks them for a dance at their proms.

Hyperfuse is for the hardcore typer who relishes the experience of breaking NEW world typing records, so this valuable 'key-set' is for those  8) .

i really wanna compile a little ebook of elricks posts, i love them, also, everyone keeps making me want an 1800

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1171 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:14:17 »

i really wanna compile a little ebook of elricks posts, i love them, also, everyone keeps making me want an 1800

1800 is love, 1800 is life

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1172 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:21:23 »
I'm back.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1173 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:22:36 »
K screw it i just going to buy it tonight. I'm really excited 8) I know you can never accurately predict but does anyone know how long these usually take like 3-4 months roughly ?
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1174 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:23:57 »
K screw it i just going to buy it tonight. I'm really excited 8) I know you can never accurately predict but does anyone know how long these usually take like 3-4 months roughly ?

gmk are normally pretty fast, 6 - 10 weeks would be a good guess but we will have a better idea once we place the order

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:40:40 »

Oh ok, well that'd be great if they did. Hopefully enough donations are raised to come up with some of those keys. For many reasons, I'm excited to see what I get!  :D

I also donated to hopefully get those keys as well. I do hope it goes through! That's why I bought two sets.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1176 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:49:34 »

I also donated to hopefully get those keys as well. I do hope it goes through! That's why I bought two sets.

chances are very good, i dont wanna say definite until i get the actual figures back though, but certainly more likely than not looking at the numbers

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1177 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:57:01 »
right actual bed time for me now or ill be up replying to things all night, catch you guys tomorrow

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #1178 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 22:23:37 »
@Bunny, how do I order another set for combined shipment? Please lemme know.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1179 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 22:25:18 »
@Bunny, how do I order another set for combined shipment? Please lemme know.

make an order, leave it as unpaid, pm me your order number and paypal email and ill invoice you tomorrow

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1180 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 01:19:46 »
Second set in. Hopefully I can make the day of someone down the road who missed this group buy. And if not. I got two sets all for myself.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1181 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 01:32:33 »
i wont quote the post above and make people eyes bleed, but thanks so much for the kind words and work that went in to that post, it is much appreciated

and for that, ill get a hyperfuse tshirt thrown in to your raindrop order, just shoot me your tshirt size and order number via pm and ill get that info over to cody for the next day he is shipping

This is exactly what I was talking about in my post, always so generous :D. And just to reiterate one more time, thanks for all your hard work, and good luck at the doctor tomorrow!

You've got a PM sir :).
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #1182 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 02:08:15 »
in for a set!

Reading these last few pages made me super anxious. Probably a combination of the upcoming deadline and Elrick's posts...I just couldn't resist.
Shout out to Elrick for persuading me on yet another GMK GB :))

Thank you Bunny for running this! And for all the GMK first timers out there, the hype is REAL. It's definitely worth the wait! :)
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #1183 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 02:35:19 »
In for a set, too  :p (the order is piggybacking on someone  else's order though)

Can't afford to  miss  this.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1184 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 03:10:47 »
i wont quote the post above and make people eyes bleed, but thanks so much for the kind words and work that went in to that post, it is much appreciated

and for that, ill get a hyperfuse tshirt thrown in to your raindrop order, just shoot me your tshirt size and order number via pm and ill get that info over to cody for the next day he is shipping

I quoted a random Bunny's quote because there are too much I would need to quote otherwise but I want to support you Bunny! Much love!  :-*

So, there's a ton of love and momentum in here.  It's been said before.  This is a historic set.  One of the best colorways ever produced, and being produced by arguably the best keycap manufacturer, GMK.  Because of GMK's high MOQ, we'll never ever get another shot at this.  So, I have a proposal.

Why don't we see how many people we can get to say:
Ah, **** it, I'll buy a second set.

I'm submitting my second order now.  Who's with me???

Oh yeah you are right. I'll just jump in for my first set too!

Don't leave me on shore guys, I'm coming!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1185 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 04:14:28 »

Show Image

Don't worry buddy I use to know a girlfriend who could take every foot of that banana all the way in, with room to spare  ;) .

This event has only about 24 hours left on the clock, after that it disappears into history never to be repeated.  That is why you need to decide now whether or not you want to be a part of this history, to have your name written into the receipt, proving your commitment to

the GREATEST GMK GROUP BUY OF ALL TIME.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1186 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 04:59:47 »

Show Image

Don't worry buddy I use to know a girlfriend who could take every foot of that banana all the way in, with room to spare  ;) .

This event has only about 24 hours left on the clock, after that it disappears into history never to be repeated.  That is why you need to decide now whether or not you want to be a part of this history, to have your name written into the receipt, proving your commitment to

the GREATEST GMK GROUP BUY OF ALL TIME.
I took one so I'm on the ship by your side now ...

Considering the additional keys, are you planning on adding a few more cyan keys? I'd love to have some more like on the Dolch set. IIRC there is only the code key in this one, isn't there?
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 05:01:38 by Ngt »

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1187 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 06:23:29 »
hey guys, thanks for all the last minute orders, i have a ton of emails and pms to work through today, im gonna try get through as many as i can now, if you dont get a reply, dont worry, i have a baby scan and midwife appointment in about 45 mins, and ill finish up replying when im back

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1188 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 06:30:36 »

hey guys, thanks for all the last minute orders, i have a ton of emails and pms to work through today, im gonna try get through as many as i can now, if you dont get a reply, dont worry, i have a baby scan and midwife appointment in about 45 mins, and ill finish up replying when im back

Good luck Bunny!
I'm back.

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1189 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 06:39:40 »
Considering the additional keys, are you planning on adding a few more cyan keys? I'd love to have some more like on the Dolch set. IIRC there is only the code key in this one, isn't there?

I would also love some more cyan keys in this set. I was already thinking at the Dolch add-on kit to add to the Hyperfuse (not sure if the cyan matches though).
But if BunnyLake would be able to squeeze some extra cyan keys, that would be the best thing ever.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (LAST DAY TO ORDER)
« Reply #1190 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 06:52:53 »
it is indeed the same cyan from dolch, as well as cmyk and cmyw, and also the same purple and ivans purple mod pack, so there will be lots of nice combination options that im sure people will come up with, i will certainly look in to adding some more color based keys though, or perhaps a cheap seperate pack if what i come up with is slightly more than we can stretch to

i believe i have now sent all invoices out, but please let me know if i have missed someone

Offline docwlad

« Reply #1191 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 06:57:25 »
Well it's payday, and I just placed an order for this set. It looks great, can't wait. And while just over $120 total is a hard pill to swallow for some keycaps, I think it'll probably be worth it.

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1192 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 07:14:26 »
Well it's payday, and I just placed an order for this set. It looks great, can't wait. And while just over $120 total is a hard pill to swallow for some keycaps, I think it'll probably be worth it.

Well, to make it a bit easier to swallow, you could consider the set an investment (even though you are not planning to sell it ever). Surely there will be people that have missed it (at least that's what I told my GF  :p )

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1193 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 07:40:21 »
Right Hello I have been thinking about getting this but I need you lot to sell me on this as I already own the original Hyperfuse and don't really think I need this although I like it, but would it be a worthwhile buy considering I'm not 100% into have to notch keyboards as most of you are, and this would end up being used on a poker II :X Also I would like a honest opinion (Please no hypetrain stuff like most of it always is :x ) if it really is worth getting considering I have the original which I love still and don't have lots of money to throw around as it would be a lot for me :x

Also if I was to order this would it be possible for me to pay next week (Wednesday) as that's when I would actually have the money :X

PS: Would this be shipping from the UK so I don't get bent over for customs fees if so is the shipping cheaper or is it still $18?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
(GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (LAST DAY TO ORDER)
« Reply #1194 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 07:49:49 »
Right Hello I have been thinking about getting this but I need you lot to sell me on this as I already own the original Hyperfuse and don't really think I need this although I like it, but would it be a worthwhile buy considering I'm not 100% into have to notch keyboards as most of you are, and this would end up being used on a poker II :X Also I would like a honest opinion (Please no hypetrain stuff like most of it always is :x ) if it really is worth getting considering I have the original which I love still and don't have lots of money to throw around as it would be a lot for me :x

Also if I was to order this would it be possible for me to pay next week (Wednesday) as that's when I would actually have the money :X

PS: Would this be shipping from the UK so I don't get bent over for customs fees if so is the shipping cheaper or is it still $18?

Hey buddy I also have Hyperfuse DCS. I'm buying two of these. I'm planning on selling or gifting my HF DCS at some point.

Also, I only use 60% boards (all Poker X right now) so we are in similar boats there. I love that these are much thicker and higher quality than my existing Hyperfuse, and also the colors will be a bit different since they are from GMK not SP.

I am not sure, but am hoping that the wide up arrow/short shift for ISO will be 1.25x (can anyone confirm that?). If so, would be PERFECT for us Poker owners to use as the Fn key.

So, I don't think this is a waste for you in either case. Go for it!
The caps are much thicker.

Edit: I don't know anything about shipping for the UK. Sorry.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 07:52:31 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1195 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 07:52:36 »

chances are very good, i dont wanna say definite until i get the actual figures back though, but certainly more likely than not looking at the numbers

Thanks Bunny, you're the best!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1196 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:11:02 »

Hey buddy I also have Hyperfuse DCS. I'm buying two of these. I'm planning on selling or gifting my HF DCS at some point.

Also, I only use 60% boards (all Poker X right now) so we are in similar boats there. I love that these are much thicker and higher quality than my existing Hyperfuse, and also the colors will be a bit different since they are from GMK not SP.

I am not sure, but am hoping that the wide up arrow/short shift for ISO will be 1.25x (can anyone confirm that?). If so, would be PERFECT for us Poker owners to use as the Fn key.

So, I don't think this is a waste for you in either case. Go for it!
The caps are much thicker.

Edit: I don't know anything about shipping for the UK. Sorry.

Short shift looks like 1.75 to me.

Oops I looked at the wrong one, the one with the iso stuff definitely looks like 1.25
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #1197 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:16:31 »
Bunny can you confirm the side print on the R1 key [`~] next to the [1!]: In the render it looks to be [¬/] rather than [¬`].

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
(GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (LAST DAY TO ORDER)
« Reply #1198 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:26:04 »
Bunny can you confirm the side print on the R1 key [`~] next to the [1!]: In the render it looks to be [¬/] rather than `].

It looks like ¬' to me. The render on CtrlAlt.io is bigger.

I don't know squat about ISO/UK layouts. Just trying to point you in the right direction.
I'm back.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #1199 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:33:15 »
Bunny can you confirm the side print on the R1 key [`~] next to the [1!]: In the render it looks to be [¬/] rather than `].

It looks like ¬' to me. The render on CtrlAlt.io is bigger.

I don't know squat about ISO/UK layouts. Just trying to point you in the right direction.

I guess with the perspective I thought it looked more like a squashed \ but if you read it like a ` then that's good to hear!