Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761374 times)

Offline random_rockets

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (LAST DAY TO ORDER)
« Reply #1350 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 16:48:41 »
Just chiming in to say that 75% support would be appreciated.

seconded!

Offline drewba

« Reply #1351 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 16:56:31 »
It's really awesome to see 400 get crushed. I was seriously considering buying a second set to help out, though it would mean eating rice & beans for a week. My stomach & wallet thanks the community!

Offline jujubii

« Reply #1352 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 17:00:31 »
InFor1

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1353 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 17:07:50 »
I've been waiting for more $ per £ but seems that's not going to happen.  I've never seen or used Cherry profile caps but hitting 450 orders and people buying two sets where I've seen PMK buys fail to get to 100 for the base set suggests this buy is something special - how hard will I be kicking myself in a couple of months if I don't pick up a set?

You will be reduced to a mere shell of your former self.

First, the regret will set it right after the GB ends. "Damn, I really should have gotten in on that," you'll say. The sting will be strong, knowing that you could have been part of a monumental part of keyboard history, but you let the opportunity just fly by you. After time the sting will fade as the hype dies down and we all start waiting for GMK to produce.

Second, people are going to start getting their caps. Pictures posted left and right. Everyone rubbing it in your face how great these caps are, how perfect the colorway is, how perfect the profile is, how everything about these caps is absolutely perfect. Then you'll remember the sting you felt right after the GB. It'll hurt bad. Worse than before. If you want these keys, you'll have to buy them aftermarket, maybe they're only selling for more than you're willing to spend... Your chance to be a part of the original magic is gone.

Lastly, you'll slowly, slowly begin your descent into madness. Waking up in cold sweat, having nightmares about missing Hyperfuse. You start losing sleep, because when you close your eyes all you can see is Hyperfuse. You lose your job, because all that's on your mind is Hyperfuse. Your life is absolutely consumed by the pain and regret of missing the perfect keyset. Who knows what becomes of you from then? Do you kill an innocent keyboard enthusiast just to steal their Hyperfuse set? Do you spend the rest of your days wasting away on the streets? Or do you just fall over dead? Who knows...

But of course, this horrible fate can be avoided by just buying some Hyperfuse right now!  :))

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1354 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 17:16:50 »

I've been waiting for more $ per £ but seems that's not going to happen.  I've never seen or used Cherry profile caps but hitting 450 orders and people buying two sets where I've seen PMK buys fail to get to 100 for the base set suggests this buy is something special - how hard will I be kicking myself in a couple of months if I don't pick up a set?

First, the regret will set it right after the GB ends. "Damn, I really should have gotten in on that," you'll say. The sting will be strong, knowing that you could have been part of a monumental part of keyboard history, but you let the opportunity just fly by you. After time the sting will fade as the hype dies down and we all start waiting for GMK to produce.

Second, people are going to start getting their caps. Pictures posted left and right. Everyone rubbing it in your face how great these caps are, how perfect the colorway is, how perfect the profile is, how everything about these caps is absolutely perfect. Then you'll remember the sting you felt right after the GB. It'll hurt bad. Worse than before. If you want these keys, you'll have to buy them aftermarket, maybe they're only selling for more than you're willing to spend... Your chance to be a part of the original magic is gone.

Lastly, you'll slowly, slowly begin your descent into madness. Waking up in cold sweat, having nightmares about missing Hyperfuse. You start losing sleep, because when you close your eyes all you can see is Hyperfuse. You lose your job, because all that's on your mind is Hyperfuse. Your life is absolutely consumed by the pain and regret of missing the perfect keyset. Who knows what becomes of you from then? Do you kill an innocent keyboard enthusiast just to steal their Hyperfuse set? Do you spend the rest of your days wasting away on the streets? Or do you just fall over dead? Who knows...

But of course, this horrible fate can be avoided by just buying some Hyperfuse right now!  :))

Elrick has some competition methinks
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1355 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 17:19:26 »

Only reading this post made me realise that wasn't Elrick :P

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1356 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 17:22:28 »

Haha... I don't think that I could ever truly compete with Elrick's fine prose. He is and will always be the OG Hype Master.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1357 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 17:49:17 »

Haha... I don't think that I could ever truly compete with Elrick's fine prose. He is and will always be the OG Hype Master.
Thus far I have failed to stumble upon any of Elrick's hype for this set or anything else, but your post is pretty convincing!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #1358 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 17:56:00 »
Just put in my order! Hope my browser or something isn't messing up... realized upon logging into my account on CTRLALT website that my last ticket for brocaps didn't even make it through lol.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #1359 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:35:04 »
This is amazing  :eek:

If we are to get extra keys, might I suggest this ESC key from the first Hyperfuse set?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1360 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:42:49 »
hey guys, took an hour or 2 break to play h1z1 with some friends as ive been replying to messages all day, gonna play about an hour more then ill come read up on whats been going on and reply to anyone i didnt get through in the last 5 mins
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #1361 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:42:59 »
So I was on the fence this whole time contemplating whether to buy this or not. $115 is some serious cash

Well no need to think about it anymore

Just bought it  :thumb: Hopefully we can get to 400

EDIT: Nevermind I stand corrected
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:48:36 by calvinhousecat »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1362 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:45:48 »
i ordered my 2nd set last night.  really looking forward to getting hyperfuse in GMK form.  hyperfuse is one of my all time favorite colorways.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1363 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:47:49 »
So I was on the fence this whole time contemplating whether to buy this or not. $115 is some serious cash

Well no need to think about it anymore

Just bought it  :thumb: Hopefully we can get to 400
Already blown past 400.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1364 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:48:59 »
Just so I understand the history here, Hyperfuse began as SP DCS profile, then later as a SP DSA profile, and now GMK in their standard profile which is pretty close to DCS. Is that right?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1365 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:50:01 »
Just so I understand the history here, Hyperfuse began as SP DCS profile, then later as a SP DSA profile, and now GMK in their standard profile which is pretty close to DCS. Is that right?

i ran the original hyperfuse, at the same time a ran a gb for both dcs and dsa, both with sp, and now we are making it with gmk and its cherry profile for its grand finale

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1366 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:52:58 »
Posting old pics of the SP DCS set for anyone who is on the fence about Hyperfuse.  Look at those pretty colors!  You'll be very sorry if you miss out on this.  Very, very sorry.

(yeah i know my menu and win key were flipped :P )
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:54:50 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1367 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 19:00:23 »
I actually really liked the pics I've seen of Hyperfuse in the DSA profile. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a set some day.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1368 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 19:04:13 »

Geez I thought I was the sole loony hanging around here but it's good to see someone else putting it in high gear  :thumb: .

Tis good to see that this Group Buy has hit the magic 400, it's like some sacred dream that has just been attained, like a Cheerleader Squad Sleepover at your place and being invited over to join.  You at first pinch yourself to see if you're not dreaming just to make sure you haven't slipped into outright delusion or pure madness.  The anticipation of what will happen is more than you could bare but that's the feeling to be had when you're in this particular Group Buy  :thumb: .

Also it confirms your sanity that their are other like minded souls willing to partake in this adventure, people who have that exact same desire as you, to finally put together the "Supreme" keyboard with these key-caps.  The glory of having a CherryMX keyboard is the endless customizations that could be done, far higher than with any current thorpie model (except maybe the Novatouch).

For me personally, finally having an all authentic GMK key-set able to be fitted perfectly to an 1800 layout, is like achieving a 12 hour orgasm and flooding everything, everywhere with your seed.  Too good to stop and certainly very enjoyable, the Mrs would be gasping for air as she fights the raging torrent of happiness as it flows forth from me  8) .

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1369 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 19:17:21 »

Geez I thought I was the sole loony hanging around here but it's good to see someone else putting it in high gear  :thumb: .

Tis good to see that this Group Buy has hit the magic 400, it's like some sacred dream that has just been attained, like a Cheerleader Squad Sleepover at your place and being invited over to join.  You at first pinch yourself to see if you're not dreaming just to make sure you haven't slipped into outright delusion or pure madness.  The anticipation of what will happen is more than you could bare but that's the feeling to be had when you're in this particular Group Buy  :thumb: .

Also it confirms your sanity that their are other like minded souls willing to partake in this adventure, people who have that exact same desire as you, to finally put together the "Supreme" keyboard with these key-caps.  The glory of having a CherryMX keyboard is the endless customizations that could be done, far higher than with any current thorpie model (except maybe the Novatouch).

For me personally, finally having an all authentic GMK key-set able to be fitted perfectly to an 1800 layout, is like achieving a 12 hour orgasm and flooding everything, everywhere with your seed.  Too good to stop and certainly very enjoyable, the Mrs would be gasping for air as she fights the raging torrent of happiness as it flows forth from me  8) .

See guys. I told you. This guy is the true Hype Master.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1370 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 19:21:25 »

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1371 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 19:30:14 »
So where can I pick up a Dolch PAC to throw these on? This would be gorgeous.

Show Image

lol how are people still finding this picture??

I can't even find it on my SD card anymore...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1372 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 19:33:01 »
I gave in and bought a set, so the other keyboard enthusiasts in my area can rest easy knowing that I'm not going to smother them in their sleep :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1373 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:03:17 »

Jesus, I think I'm going to be sick.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1374 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:06:19 »
Some questions.

Is there another bonus for hitting 500? Are you considering extending the gb for another day to get stragglers to get the number near 500?

What are the options for the extra keys?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1375 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:06:49 »
I gave in and bought a set, so the other keyboard enthusiasts in my area can rest easy knowing that I'm not going to smother them in their sleep :))

You don't happen to live in Midsomer?

Imagine when DCI Tom Barnaby comes across one of your victims, good ole Sgt. Troy will see the empty GMK box and he knows, another murder involving the infamous Hyperfuse Key-set  :o .

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1376 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:16:26 »

Jesus, I think I'm going to be sick.

(GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (LAST DAY TO ORDER) (NSFW)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1377 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:18:43 »

You don't happen to live in Midsomer?

Imagine when DCI Tom Barnaby comes across one of your victims, good ole Sgt. Troy will see the empty GMK box and he knows, another murder involving the infamous Hyperfuse Key-set  :o .
Midsomer Norton is about 44 miles from here, far enough that I do not live in fear that 1% of the population will die on any given day.  That's probably the only place where murder-for-keycaps would pass by without anyone thinking it was strange!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1378 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:20:41 »
Some questions.

Is there another bonus for hitting 500? Are you considering extending the gb for another day to get stragglers to get the number near 500?

no extensions sir, its been up for 45 days, people have had plenty of time, and ive posted recently about keys we are planning to add if you go back a few posts

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1379 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:22:40 »
Some questions.

no extensions sir, its been up for 45 days, people have had plenty of time, and ive posted recently about keys we are planning to add if you go back a few posts

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68198.msg1678975#msg1678975

:)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1380 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:24:06 »
Some questions.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68198.msg1678975#msg1678975

:)

there are a few more considerations, we will get some mockups of them together shortly once i have the quotes back

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1381 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:25:35 »
Nice, I always love Ctrl Alt mockups. :)  oh and more keys too!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1382 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:27:32 »
i just wanna say thanks once again, im both really humbled and proud of what this has become

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1383 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:31:32 »
i just wanna say thanks once again, im both really humbled and proud of what this has become

Thank you for all of the support you provide, and putting together these amazing group buys.  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1384 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:57:44 »

Yeah this is the FINAL COUNTDOWN today so it may only be a few hours left so if you were interested in being an important part of Geekhack History, now's the time to sign up for this wondrous key-set.

GMK is the C65 AMG Mercedes of key-caps that will install into any Filco, Ducky, Leopold, Das, Corsair, KUL, WASD or Noppoo Models ever made plus it even makes any custom GON, 356, KMAC and all other Korean Made keyboards pop out in superiority when Hyperfuse graces them  8) .

This type of key-set is the L-U-X-U-R-Y end of ABS opulence, nothing can be made better then these and getting all customized colours is the icing on the cake.  When these are finally finished and displayed I suspect the ones that ignored this Group Buy shall be sprawled out on the floor crying for days on how they missed this ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity  ;) .
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:00:41 by Elrick »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1385 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:29:12 »

Yeah this is the FINAL COUNTDOWN today so it may only be a few hours left so if you were interested in being an important part of Geekhack History, now's the time to sign up for this wondrous key-set.

GMK is the C65 AMG Mercedes of key-caps that will install into any Filco, Ducky, Leopold, Das, Corsair, KUL, WASD or Noppoo Models ever made plus it even makes any custom GON, 356, KMAC and all other Korean Made keyboards pop out in superiority when Hyperfuse graces them  8) .

This type of key-set is the L-U-X-U-R-Y end of ABS opulence, nothing can be made better then these and getting all customized colours is the icing on the cake.  When these are finally finished and displayed I suspect the ones that ignored this Group Buy shall be sprawled out on the floor crying for days on how they missed this ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity  ;) .

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1386 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:39:19 »
Help me I'm considering buying a THIRD set

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1387 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:41:17 »

Do it!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1388 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:49:14 »
You guys are terrible enablers  :))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1389 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:51:21 »

Do it!

Don't miss out in furnishing all your keyboards with this type of EXCELLENCE  8) .

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1390 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:56:19 »

Do it!

Don't miss out in furnishing all your keyboards with this type of EXCELLENCE  8) .

How many are you picking up?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1391 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 22:34:39 »
How many are you picking up?

Three all up  :thumb: .

Have an allocation of money for the HOTTEST Group Buys here on Geekhack, hence I am in a few that are currently running and some that have just finished.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1392 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 22:37:43 »
I also wanna say thanks to everyone for making this group buy a huge success and being supportive.

<3

Offline ThankYouMrSkeltal

« Reply #1393 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 22:51:39 »
Just put in my order  :D

Offline lobehold

« Reply #1394 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 01:58:08 »
Is the current keyset compatible with JD40?

Offline xixihaha2008

« Reply #1395 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 02:26:53 »
ordered ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1396 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 04:56:04 »

Thank you and the Ctrl Alt for making huge quality group buy in the community. I can't imagine how much work it has been but you all did it very well.  :thumb:

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1397 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 05:34:38 »

I am very curios on what the final numbers will be.

I think even the people at GMK will be very surprised of how successful this set has become, especially because this was a GB for the enthusiast community, made possible by a few passionate blokes, not a company order.

Thank you BunnyLake for making this possible and for making this, my first GB, an awesome experience for me.

Also, as I said earlier, you may be more capable than most Project Managers I have worked with in the past 6 years.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 March 2015, 05:36:54 by derzemel »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1398 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 07:13:47 »

I am very curios on what the final numbers will be.

I think even the people at GMK will be very surprised of how successful this set has become, especially because this was a GB for the enthusiast community, made possible by a few passionate blokes, not a company order.

Thank you BunnyLake for making this possible and for making this, my first GB, an awesome experience for me.

Also, as I said earlier, you may be more capable than most Project Managers I have worked with in the past 6 years.

Thank you!

11 hours left

we are roughly 35 orders away from 500

and as always, thanks so much for the kind words sir

Offline Moralless

« Reply #1399 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 07:26:19 »
Can't believe how successful this GB has become ~500 sets is just a crazy amount to have sold!

I haven't really been following this thread to tone down my excitement for this set, but really impressed how many layouts this GB will be able to support  :eek:. Especially since there was a lot of weariness at the beginning. Would like to thank all the GB participants and their generous donations to make all the support of these layouts possible and thanks to Bunny for running this great colorway through GMK!

Hopefully production and shipping all goes well and shipping will begin sometime around my birthday ;D