Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761022 times)

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #1650 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:15:20 »
Literally just made the mock -up for Purple on Cyan after seeing the request but you already posted it! LOL!

Nice! :)

Sorry Vesper, didn't know your working on one...
I'm glad if i could help out tho! =)

the benefit to me of cyan on purple is it keeps the mod legends all cyan

i do think both options looks great, and again im torn between doing purple on cyan to replicate the original set, or cyan on purple to give this set its own little spin

I really love both options as well so I'm super happy about the color option either way! <3

I personally feel like purple on cyan kinda looks more simple/clean because it matches nicely with the grey modifiers with cyan legends,
while cyan on purple looks more vivid and makes the keys stand out even more. =)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1651 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:19:06 »
What would be the possibility of some kind of supplemental set as a standalone GB later? Like, a set with nibs, purple on cyan, etc. just by themselves, maybe 10 keys total? GMK obviously has an MOQ, but is there a minimum number of keys to a set?

we could totally do that, its not out of the question, however i cant plan on that until i know for sure what we can include with this at no extra cost
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1652 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:20:04 »
i like cyan on purple.  the purple gives more contrast, and i like purple.  oh and it's what vesper wants. :)

you spin me right round

<3

I find it amusing that he's wearing a purple robe (dat coincidence). LOL!!!

Sorry Vesper, didn't know your working on one...
I'm glad if i could help out tho! =)

No need to apologize :) I should've done it at the same time as my other mock-up but I was so excited to post that it didn't cross my mind straight away :P

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1653 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:26:44 »
cyan on purple or riot

Offline drewba

« Reply #1654 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:28:36 »
Ohhhhh that purp on cy is soooo amazing and sexy!!

As a colorblind person, is it? I can hardly tell the difference between the gray alphas base and the cyan base of those. :)
Same here, it's difficult to distinguish. That said I love the perceived uniformity of purple on Cyan with the rest of the set. My vote is for purple on cyan.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1655 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:32:14 »
I think I'm for Cyan on Purple for ESC and Enter.

Either would look awesome but Cyan on Purple is my preferred~

I wouldn't be Vesper if I didn't choose dat Purple~

Rough mock I made~ Looks good, yeee? Yeeeee~

Show Image

+1 for cyan on purple

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1656 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:32:24 »
What would be the possibility of some kind of supplemental set as a standalone GB later? Like, a set with nibs, purple on cyan, etc. just by themselves, maybe 10 keys total? GMK obviously has an MOQ, but is there a minimum number of keys to a set?

we could totally do that, its not out of the question, however i cant plan on that until i know for sure what we can include with this at no extra cost

Sure. Not trying to put the cart before the horse. I was just thinking a supplemental set might be a silver lining for those with unpopular opinions about which keys to include.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1657 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:38:03 »
I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer the purple on cyan. I like the contrast better between the dark base mods and the light cyan color.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #1658 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:42:04 »
I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer the purple on cyan. I like the contrast better between the dark base mods and the light cyan color.

Yeah same here. I like the purple on cyan. The cyan base gives more emphasis to the cyan legend of the mods.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1659 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:42:35 »
I agree, I like the purple on cyan better

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #1660 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:50:40 »
Purple on cyan  :cool:

Offline unoab

« Reply #1661 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:54:51 »
Are windowed keys any kind of a possibility? Because dear God yes..!

i dont like changing things that are promised in the set, but ill change the scroll lock to a windowed scroll lock for sure if nobody objects to having it windowed

I didn't see anyone bring it up in the past few pages since this was said, but for GMK, aren't windowed keys pad printed?  Since they can only do a double shot and the one shot is taken up by the window, so they cant shoot the legends in another color.

I hear GMK pad prints are awesome as far as pad-printing goes (never seen them myself), but like on the TA discussion thread some people are very opposed to having both pad prints and double shots in a single set.  So figured I would toss that out there, since I haven't seen them I would be up for either and figure you will make the good decision on it anyways.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1662 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:08:00 »

Sure. Not trying to put the cart before the horse. I was just thinking a supplemental set might be a silver lining for those with unpopular opinions about which keys to include.

One does not simply stop the Hyperfuse Hype Train!!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1663 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:10:36 »
Cyan on purple for sure!
null

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #1664 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:17:29 »
What about the ISO Enter?  :(
Will it get a cyan on purple (!) version, too?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:25:09 by Geroximo »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1665 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:22:58 »
What about the ISO Enter?  :(
Will it get a cyan on purle (!) version, too?

The ISO Enter only comes in one color: red-headed stepchild.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1666 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:31:18 »
thanks for all the input guys, im not responding to everything right now as im just taking it all in etc and will put something together for people to see shortly

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1667 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:58:38 »
thanks for all the input guys, im not responding to everything right now as im just taking it all in etc and will put something together for people to see shortly

Thanks Bunny  :thumb:

I am 100% sure you will come up with a great extra set that exceeds everybody's expectations :D

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #1668 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 17:00:28 »
the original flair keys were purple on cyan

however in the mockup i love the look of the purple on cyan windows keys

for the possible escape and matching enter pack, could i get a show of hands for whether people would want purple on cyan or cyan on purple please

Purple Text on Cyan Key <3 <3 <3 <3

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline Ulthamar

« Reply #1669 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 17:13:06 »
Thanks Bunny for doing this group buy, it sounds.. stressful! I would also like to know if the ISO enter would come in the coloured accent (Cyan on Purple for sure).

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1670 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 17:15:45 »
Cyan on purple.  ;D

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1671 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 17:16:06 »
Damn it is hard to choose between the purple on cyan or cyan on purple. I'd say purple on cyan.

Buddy, are alternative arrow keys in consideration as well?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1672 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 18:24:17 »
Damn it is hard to choose between the purple on cyan or cyan on purple. I'd say purple on cyan.

Buddy, are alternative arrow keys in consideration as well?

If I have to pick, my vote it for cyan text on purp  :thumb:

I'm sure it'll look good on my 1800 *nod nod wink wink*  :cool:

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #1673 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 18:46:06 »
-SNIP-
Yea, so Bill is currently looking at running a GB with like 6 colored GMK escapes for 6 EUR a pack (roughly and IIRC). -SNIP-

Would you happen to have a link to that, I'm completely derping and can't find it in the GB subforum

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1674 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 18:50:53 »
I love both but my vote goes to cyan text on purple :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1675 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 18:59:14 »
These pretty mockups (cyan on purple gets my vote) got me looking at this again and I'm not seeing a #~ key to complete a standard UK ISO layout.  Is it safe to assume there is one, or at least a blank if other ISOs have a different legend in this spot?

After more reading/looking I also see that this set has no 1.25 fn and only a 1.5 alt gr so it won't fit my Ducky with correct legends (both 1.25) - I read Ducky was standard layout so good for caps, not so!  Starting to remember why I didn't buy this set on 1st, 2nd or even 10th look, instead waiting 'til nearly the final day after many hours at the pub...

Guess I'll have to use both strange squashed box keys, and loose my gr.  I'd best ask Binge for a matching Lion Keyng ito make up for it if this is the case :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Prankk

« Reply #1676 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:01:49 »
cyan on that purp

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1677 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:07:59 »
Woo, can't believe my input of cyan(teal) on purple or purp on cyan Esc + enter turned in a ****show =/

Glad it is over now! 

+1 Cyan on purple Enter
purp on cyan Esc

<3
Hi :)

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1678 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:33:05 »
The cyan on purple is growing on me, and as a darker tone, it does match the dark tones of the modifiers. +1 cyan on purple Esc/Enter.

I'll just have to make an 1800 to get those Code keys on a board.

What do you say, JD, shall we make a JD1800? ;)

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #1679 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:36:10 »
These pretty mockups (cyan on purple gets my vote) got me looking at this again and I'm not seeing a #~ key to complete a standard UK ISO layout.  Is it safe to assume there is one, or at least a blank if other ISOs have a different legend in this spot?

It was confirmed earlier in the thread that in the extra keys that are in the original buy the R3 \| with front print #~ will be top print #~, \| front print.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:38:08 by oledome »

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1680 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:42:23 »
-SNIP-
Yea, so Bill is currently looking at running a GB with like 6 colored GMK escapes for 6 EUR a pack (roughly and IIRC). -SNIP-

Would you happen to have a link to that, I'm completely derping and can't find it in the GB subforum
I'm on Tapatalk, or I'd post one. But it's an IC still, hence why you can't find it in the GB section . Title involves blue mods.
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1681 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:43:28 »
-SNIP-

I'm on Tapatalk, or I'd post one. But it's an IC still, hence why you can't find it in the GB section . Title involves blue mods.
Here
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1682 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:45:57 »

-SNIP-

Here

Just remember that it's white on cyan so might look a bit weird with this set since we have no white text here.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #1683 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:52:33 »
-SNIP-

Here

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1684 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:53:55 »

-SNIP-

Here

Just remember that it's white on cyan so might look a bit weird with this set since we have no white text here.
Yeah, I wish something would match them better.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1685 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:56:21 »

-SNIP-

Here

well if you wait a little while perhaps we will have something to show you

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
(GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #1686 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:58:18 »

-SNIP-

Here

But bunny how can we wait with all this HYPE going on?! /me starts nervously biting his fingers

Edit: biting finger nails not fingers that would obviously not be normal and I'm totally normal don't judge me!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1687 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:58:42 »
Bunny,

Is GMK able to make double shot 1.25 code keys, or would they have to be pad print?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1688 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:59:06 »

-SNIP-

Here

:>

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1689 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 19:59:20 »
Bunny,

Is GMK able to make double shot 1.25 code keys, or would they have to be pad print?

i honestly have no idea, i can ask, but its not something on my radar to include atm

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1690 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 20:11:06 »
Cyan on purple!

Both look good really...but I agree that the Cyan lettering matches the mods better and it has better balance with the F keys like the original but with color pop. 

1.25 FN is a good suggestion...It is definitely common enough...I guess the assumption is the menu key could be used for that...maybe side printed on the menu key?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1691 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 20:14:06 »

It was confirmed earlier in the thread that in the extra keys that are in the original buy the R3 \| with front print #~ will be top print #~, \| front print.
Thanks, I didn't zoom in enough to see the front print!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1692 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 21:11:49 »
i still think its best to find a balance between offering something aesthetic (so people who use regular layouts can get some benefit from the extra keys), and something layout related (so people can get more uses from the set) rather than ignoring one of those groups because its easier to get them to pay for the same thing later

I keep going to post something then I read another of bunnys posts and I realize he has put my concerns to rest before even voicing them. It's extremely comforting to know that even though this project was initially put forward as one of his dream sets he is still taking the time to really think and consider what we (participating members) want and what will benefit us (not to mention all the personal stuff going on). Thanks again man. Lol it seems I won't really have to say anything at all every concern and thing I want is working itself out.im just going to Sit back and enjoy the ride :thumb: I think the purple on cyan looks better but I really want the legends to match and be even! They both look great so I guess it doesn't really matter !
You rock bunny .... Best set ever !   
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1693 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:01:54 »
The cyan on purple is growing on me, and as a darker tone, it does match the dark tones of the modifiers. +1 cyan on purple Esc/Enter.

Sounds good to me! Let's do it. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SL89

« Reply #1694 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:03:30 »

If you do, I'll never forgive myself for missing out on this GB.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1695 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:04:58 »

If you do, I'll never forgive myself for missing out on this GB.
It's not too late. Bunny will still take orders while he is waiting for Stripe payments to clear. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1696 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:20:01 »
Another vote for Purple on Cyan, I think it matches the rest of the set better as an accent.

If we're still talking windowed keys I would like to voice my distaste for windowed keys if they're replacing the double-shot ones. Really hate lasered/pad-printed keys.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #1697 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:39:15 »
I like the idea of windowed R4 keys

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1698 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:41:35 »

Seriously?

My boards:
More

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1699 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 23:02:23 »

Seriously?