Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761120 times)

Offline hjc1710

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #1850 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:47:14 »
75% support
cyan on purple enter and escape
coloured 1.25 windows keys and a 1.25 fn key if gmk can do an fn key in that size
nibs

75% support
75% support
75% support
75% support

HYPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, my vote is obviously for 75% support.... I want it. I NEED it for my RS84 (but will be fine if we drop it for something equally as awesome :p). Number 2 vote for me is cyan on purple. Though, I will admit, the concept of colored win and fn keys is pretty tantalizing (only reason it's not higher for me is my RS84 would have 1.5u keys on the right :().

This is crazy exciting though Bun. So pumped that we're getting more keys. The damn hype train for this buy will never end. Also, I hope all your appointments and checkups are going well! And I'm sure everyone here would understand if you took a break for a day or so to handle these appointments (if needed) :). It sounds like your running ragged, so, don't kill yourself :).
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1851 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:49:05 »
75% support
coloured 1.25 windows keys and a 1.25 fn key if gmk can do an fn key in that size
nibs

75% support
75% support
75% support
75% support

HYPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, my vote is obviously for 75% support.... I want it. I NEED it for my RS84 (but will be fine if we drop it for something equally as awesome :p). Number 2 vote for me is cyan on purple. Though, I will admit, the concept of colored win and fn keys is pretty tantalizing (only reason it's not higher for me is my RS84 would have 1.5u keys on the right :().

This is crazy exciting though Bun. So pumped that we're getting more keys. The damn hype train for this buy will never end. Also, I hope all your appointments and checkups are going well! And I'm sure everyone here would understand if you took a break for a day or so to handle these appointments (if needed) :). It sounds like your running ragged, so, don't kill yourself :).

Please no colored fn. Have it match the rest of the modifiers.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1852 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:50:48 »
I am not an ISO user so can someone explain why so many people want dedicated ISO keys? What is wrong with them being front printed?

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1853 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:52:04 »
My vote for the additional additional keys goes to 75% support. There would be overlaps with a bunch of other layouts too like the 65% layout so it could be useful for many.

Also the Cyan on Purple Enter/ESC please  ;D

as a main pusher of the 75% keys, and im sure you did this before, but could you let me know exactly whats needed and for what row

Bun, you can see them here:

They're the R2 Pg Up, R3 Pg Dwn, and R4 End (and possibly the R4 fn based on layout, but we have that). However, the 75% layout is quite special and people like to arrange those keys differently. So, based on how you like your 75% (Pg. Up, Home, End, Pg. Dwn. vs. Pg. Up, Pg. Dwn., Home, End, etc.) will determine the exact keys needed. So, the 75%'rs likely need to get together and figure out the exact keys we want for this.

That was the link I tossed at you earlier when I initially proposed 75% support. Syg might have another example of a buy that did it.
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1854 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:53:01 »
I am not an ISO user so can someone explain why so many people want dedicated ISO keys? What is wrong with them being front printed?

People want a dedicated ISO kit so that those ISO legends aren't front printed on the main (ANSI) alphas.

I'd love to see 75% support!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1855 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:57:09 »
75% support
nibs

75% support
75% support
75% support
75% support

75% support would also be really cool! Considering 75% is the best layout and all. :P

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1856 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:00:13 »

People mainly want caps without the front printing. So the current solution is splitting the iso and ansi keys so neither of them are front printed.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline vindaon

« Reply #1857 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:04:44 »
Don't have a 75% but I think it's best to be compatible with the most layouts possible, so +1 for 75%.

And a 1.25 FN if possible.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1858 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:04:57 »

People want a dedicated ISO kit so that those ISO legends aren't front printed on the main (ANSI) alphas.

I'd love your opinion on which keys you think we should add for 75% support, mostly which row each key gets. Obviously, since my 75% board is an RS84 (or will be), I'm more inclined to that setup, R1 end, R2 Pg. Up, and then R3 Pg. Dwn. (which is based on the presence of the fn key on R4). But, the Octagon has a totally different layout with no fn keys and would need like a R2 Home, R3 End, and R4 Pg. Dwn.

Granted, this all assumes we're going to want to arrange keys like:

Home
End
Pg. Up
Pg. Dwn

But, I've also seen this arrangement:

Home
Pg. Up
Pg. Dwn
End

Which I kind of like.... and now that I think about it, we can get away with this by adding a single R3 End, which is totally covered in the last list!!! So we're good on that arrangement. But, this assumes you're starting your nav cluster at the F row, and not the number row (which the RS84 does, but the Octagon does not appear to do). If you start at the number row, then we would need: R3 Pg. Up and R4 Pg. Dwn to get the first key arrangment, and R2 Pg. Up, R3 Pg. Dwn, and R4 End to get the second arrangement.

Sort of thinking aloud here. Appreciate any comments or responses! To me, the first option (R1 end, R2 Pg. Up, and then R3 Pg. Dwn) is the best. Since, if you start the nav cluster at the F row, you can cover both arrangements. I also sort of made up terminology as I went along, ask for clarification if needed.

Offline DarthGamer76

« Reply #1859 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:05:04 »

It would mean all the ANSI users wouldn't need ISO side print and ISO users could have a complete standalone set. If it did happen I would be using the ISO keys but personally think from an aesthetics point it would look better overall without side print on some of the keys for all users.

What are other peoples opinions on the side print regardless of what setup you going to use?

Offline ThankYouMrSkeltal

« Reply #1860 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:06:55 »
+1 to splitting

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #1861 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:20:24 »
+1 for split ISO/ANSI

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1862 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:21:06 »
I'd like ISO/ANSI to be split

I also like the idea of getting to choose between nibs and scoops.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #1863 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:21:40 »
I like the idea of the coloured (cyan on purple) 1.25 windows keys.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1864 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:32:52 »
On my Epsilon (75% by metalliqaz), I use the nav keys like this:

Home
PgUp
PgDn
End

With the Home key next to Backspace. That's my preferred method, anyway.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1865 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:41:49 »
new update

quotes back in

we have room for MORE keys

All bow for our LORD AND SAVIOUR

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:45:22 by derzemel »

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1866 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:45:25 »
My vote for the additional additional keys goes to 75% support. There would be overlaps with a bunch of other layouts too like the 65% layout so it could be useful for many.

Also the Cyan on Purple Enter/ESC please  ;D

as a main pusher of the 75% keys, and im sure you did this before, but could you let me know exactly whats needed and for what row

[deleted]

I like JDCarpe's idea below.

R2 PgUp, R3 PgDn, R4 End
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:09:45 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1867 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:56:32 »
Cherry G84-4100 tells us all we need to know about 75% layout:

Noppoo Choc Mini is on board:

KBT Race also:

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:00:44 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1868 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:01:51 »

I'd love your opinion on which keys you think we should add for 75% support, mostly which row each key gets. Obviously, since my 75% board is an RS84 (or will be), I'm more inclined to that setup, R1 end, R2 Pg. Up, and then R3 Pg. Dwn. (which is based on the presence of the fn key on R4). But, the Octagon has a totally different layout with no fn keys and would need like a R2 Home, R3 End, and R4 Pg. Dwn.

Granted, this all assumes we're going to want to arrange keys like:

Home
End
Pg. Up
Pg. Dwn

But, I've also seen this arrangement:

Home
Pg. Up
Pg. Dwn
End

Which I kind of like.... and now that I think about it, we can get away with this by adding a single R3 End, which is totally covered in the last list!!! So we're good on that arrangement. But, this assumes you're starting your nav cluster at the F row, and not the number row (which the RS84 does, but the Octagon does not appear to do). If you start at the number row, then we would need: R3 Pg. Up and R4 Pg. Dwn to get the first key arrangment, and R2 Pg. Up, R3 Pg. Dwn, and R4 End to get the second arrangement.

Sort of thinking aloud here. Appreciate any comments or responses! To me, the first option (R1 end, R2 Pg. Up, and then R3 Pg. Dwn) is the best. Since, if you start the nav cluster at the F row, you can cover both arrangements. I also sort of made up terminology as I went along, ask for clarification if needed.

I would love 75% support and have it be home, pg up, pg dn, and end. Seems like the most logical progression in my opinion.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1869 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:05:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

KBT Race also:

Show Image

you kids and your keyboards with too many keys
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1870 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:06:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

KBT Race also:

Show Image

you kids and your keyboards with too many keys

75% confuses me. I have all those buttons on my 60% in function layers where they belong :P
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1871 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:21:08 »
75% confuses me. I have all those buttons on my 60% in function layers where they belong :P
They do work quite nicely on arrows but you need a left fn key and three arrows on the bottom row to access them, and that doesn't leave much room for a spacebar... 

As such I'm thinking 75% would be a good layout (if just for the extra column for arrows) so I'm not too bothered what order they go in :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline mattycee

« Reply #1872 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:25:30 »
new update

quotes back in

Wow bunny that's freaking awesome ! I'm super super excited. Thank you so much for this especially amidst all your personal irl stuff going on you sir are a gentleman and a scholar  :thumb:

yeah i feel like i have appointments every day right now sadly

i just wanna confirm something thats being added

in the last mockup i posted there was a stepped ctrl key, after some discussion we agreed to switch that to a full touch control key

now there will be a stepped "ctrl" key and a full touch "control" key, both for r3

here are some thoughts for discussion on what to add after this

some people wanted non front printed iso legends, after much thought, i can only think of one good way to do this without having too many duplicate keys, and that is to have dedicated ansi and dedicated iso keys and no front printed legends

my only problem with this solution is it mean changing something that was in the original pack, and therefore changing something people have already purchased, so i can only do this if there are ZERO objections

also on the table for additions would be

75% support
nibs

please understand i am not suggesting we can add all these options, but 1 or 2 of them should be no problem depending on pack size

also of note these are not the only options being considered, so feel free to throw in your 2 cents whilst im finalising the final pack over the next day or so ready to order on monday

I do not know how i feel about changing the original order since a lot of people that bought the key set is not in this discussion. But I support cyan on purple enter and escape  :thumb:. Satisfying the few and active does not seem quite right to me.
Current: Das 4 MX Blues,  Poker II MX Clears

Offline vindaon

« Reply #1873 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:28:41 »
It's not changing the original, it's adding onto. :)

Offline avtar

« Reply #1874 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:41:52 »
cyan on purple enter and escape +++++++1

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1875 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:51:40 »
I prefer the side printing, but am ok if that's changed.

My vote is for:
1.25x Fn key
1.25x colored Windows keys
12.5 days of vacation for Bunny
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1876 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:55:39 »
new update

quotes back in

Wow bunny that's freaking awesome ! I'm super super excited. Thank you so much for this especially amidst all your personal irl stuff going on you sir are a gentleman and a scholar  :thumb:

yeah i feel like i have appointments every day right now sadly

i just wanna confirm something thats being added

in the last mockup i posted there was a stepped ctrl key, after some discussion we agreed to switch that to a full touch control key

now there will be a stepped "ctrl" key and a full touch "control" key, both for r3

here are some thoughts for discussion on what to add after this

some people wanted non front printed iso legends, after much thought, i can only think of one good way to do this without having too many duplicate keys, and that is to have dedicated ansi and dedicated iso keys and no front printed legends

my only problem with this solution is it mean changing something that was in the original pack, and therefore changing something people have already purchased, so i can only do this if there are ZERO objections

also on the table for additions would be

75% support
nibs

please understand i am not suggesting we can add all these options, but 1 or 2 of them should be no problem depending on pack size

also of note these are not the only options being considered, so feel free to throw in your 2 cents whilst im finalising the final pack over the next day or so ready to order on monday

I do not know how i feel about changing the original order since a lot of people that bought the key set is not in this discussion. But I support cyan on purple enter and escape  :thumb:. Satisfying the few and active does not seem quite right to me.
Nothing is being changed. More keys are being added at no cost to us.  :D
null

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1877 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 15:03:05 »
I vote for splitting the ANSI & ISO, cyan on purple enter & escape, 1.25 CODE  keys and a 1.25 fn key if gmk can do an fn key in that size
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Ulthamar

« Reply #1878 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 15:08:32 »
I would also like to see split ISO and ANSI. ISO is a common layout, and better layout compatibility is good. Also hope the 75% users get their caps.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1879 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 15:21:08 »
new update

quotes back in

Whaaaa!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1880 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 15:35:02 »
Double the bonus keys, woo! For the record I am good with splitting the ISO and ANSI keys up. I don't have a 75%, but I strongly agree with 'caps for compatibility'.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1881 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 15:54:27 »
My vote goes to

"cyan on purple enter and escape"

:thumb:

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1882 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:00:08 »
My vote goes to

"cyan on purple enter and escape"

:thumb:

I honestly haven't read through everything, but I'd love to have purple enter and esc.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1883 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:23:31 »
Oh my god, this is all happening so fast...  :eek:
We already got extras, and now stickers and more extra keys!  Hype!! :)

Not sure how I stand on iso/ansi split but I wouldn't mind it.
I'm super glad, the stepped R3 control will be replaced (or upgraded with an additional) full touch version tho!

I guess my votes would be:

-1.25 Code Keys (purple on cyan)
-1.25 Win Keys (cyan on purple)
-1.25 Fn key
-WASD set/arrow cluster (cyan on purple)
-1.0 R1 Blank or |\ (dark modifier grey) for 60% symmetry
-75% Support (maybe colored? xD)

I get that layout support is a priority but I'm not a huge fan of 75% layouts tbh. xD
In terms of adding more color options, I just feel like it makes more sense to adapt color options we have to other layouts first (1.25 code/win/fn etc).

Also I added a purple WASD set because i like the idea of adding something new in purple more then just adding even another set of esc/enter options for example.
(I have the impression many people still want some purple keys, but I would prefer a R1 blank in grey or purple over another esc since it doubles for things like 60% symmetry xD)
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:28:38 by FoC_Tow »

Offline nanook_the_great

• Give me all your left shift
« Reply #1884 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:34:30 »
I would like to see a 2nd left shift (2.25u I think) for leo users. I know that not everyone runs that setup so I would be cool with other color mods to suit more people in the GB. (Orrrr do a cyan/purple 2.25 L. shift?)

I'm just worried about finding an ISO user to swap with  :'(. I have a fc660m, and I want to get a fc660c and swap the stems down the road (+GMK HF ofc :thumb:)

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1885 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:35:51 »
My vote:

+1 for split ISO/ANSI
+1 for Purple legends on Cyan 1.25 win keys (it could look good with either color inversion though)
+1 for 1.25 FN. (If we do colored win caps then just the normal mod colors would look great)

I did like the cyan legends on purple but I also think if we've decided on one color scheme we should probably stick with that? I'm not sure how that would look if you started mixing / matching purple on cyan and cyan on purple.  :eek:

Just my two cents  :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1886 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:35:57 »
I would like to see a 2nd left shift (2.25u I think) for leo users. I know that not everyone runs that setup so I would be cool with other color mods to suit more people in the GB. (Orrrr do a cyan/purple 2.25 L. shift?)

I'm just worried about finding an ISO user to swap with  :'( . I have a fc660m, and I want to get a fc660c and swap the stems down the road (+GMK HF ofc :thumb: )

You meant the space bars stems?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1887 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:41:02 »
My vote would go to the cyan on purple enter and escape. But I don't mind if it is not there. :) I am already pleased with the current set.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1888 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:45:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

KBT Race also:

Show Image

I initially really liked how the RS84 did it, with home in line with the F row, but, I'm more than fine with following Cherry's example and just using what they use for the G84. Thinking about it, it makes more sense to axe the fn key in the stock RS84 layout, shift the nav column down a key and shove a delete or something up there.

So, for this we would need a R2 Pg. Up, R3 Pg. Dwn., and R4 End. That works for me and I can make that layout fit my RS84. ++

However, to meet ultimate perfection and bring it up to full combat with the Choc Mini and the Keycool84 (which are the two stock boards I see us targeting), may I suggest an R1 Delete key?

So, in summary, my ideal 75% keys would be: R1 Delete, R2 Page Up, R3 Page Down, and R4 End... and... omg!!!! 1800 support has given us a R1 Delete (please correct me if I'm reading the mockup wrong again, it's quite possible). So... R2 Page Up, R3 Page Down, and R4 End sounds like we would hit perfect 75% compat!!!!

I would also like to see split ISO and ANSI. ISO is a common layout, and better layout compatibility is good. Also hope the 75% users get their caps.

Your support is much appreciated in the struggle for the 75% masses to get the freedom they have yearned for. And for the record, I initially really, really wanted the ANSI/ISO split... but now I'm fine without it. Bun's point is valid, it changes what people originally bought, so we should really add 4 keys... which is a lot for aesthetics. And probably not the best aesthetic move we could make.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1889 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:59:26 »
No front printing is good for aesthetics. I'd rather that than more keys with different colors.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1890 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:01:42 »
I played arround with a few 60% infinity/hhkb style mockups using the currently confirmed keys!  :)

Warning: Old Mockups, fixes are a few posts below

More
60% 'infinity style'

60& 'hhkb style'

Is the 1800 support Delete R1 profile by any chance btw?

And how would you guys feel about changing the additional |\ key to dark grey for 60% symmetry?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 18:40:36 by FoC_Tow »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1891 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:16:00 »
AFAIK the 1U "\ |" already in the set isn't row 1, it's row 4, meant for ISO, left of "Z".
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:20:44 by Wilba »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1892 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:25:38 »
+1 split ANSI/ISO
+1 for layout compatibility (row 1 "\ |" for the HHKB crowd?)

Bumping my previous comment:

Sorry if this was answered already, but will the 1U Numpad "0" have the "Ins" legend?

*edit* Not a complaint or a request. Just an observation that the current 1U "0" and "00" keys match a Numpad without navigation legends, and with people wanting 1800 support, one with "Ins" would match better.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:27:19 by Wilba »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1893 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:28:44 »
I initially really liked how the RS84 did it, with home in line with the F row, but, I'm more than fine with following Cherry's example and just using what they use for the G84. Thinking about it, it makes more sense to axe the fn key in the stock RS84 layout, shift the nav column down a key and shove a delete or something up there.

So, for this we would need a R2 Pg. Up, R3 Pg. Dwn., and R4 End. That works for me and I can make that layout fit my RS84. ++

So... R2 Page Up, R3 Page Down, and R4 End sounds like we would hit perfect 75% compat!!!!

Well, technically, the RS84 doesn't have a layout, until you program it with one. ;)  And mine will have that layout above.

So, yes, adding those 3 keys will give us 75% support!! :D

in memoriam

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1894 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:30:33 »
I played arround with a few 60% infinity/hhkb style mockups using the currently confirmed keys!  :)

60% 'infinity style'
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

60& 'hhkb style'
Show Image

Show Image

Is the 1800 support Delete R1 profile by any chance btw?
Show Image

And how would you guys feel about changing the additional |\ key to dark grey for 60% symmetry?
Show Image

Doesn't the Infinity require the 1.75U right shift always, like the HHKB?

in memoriam

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1895 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:36:03 »
AFAIK the 1U "\ |" already in the set isn't row 1, it's row 4, meant for ISO, left of "Z".

Oh thx for the info Wilba, would be nice if someone can confirm this.
I just kinda expected it would be a R1 since I'm confused by the hole iso thing tbh.

On a German Iso layout z & y are replaced (qwertz) and left of z (or in this case y) is <>... xD

Doesn't the Infinity require the 1.75U right shift always, like the HHKB?

Good point JD, the plate looks like it actually does, my bad... =/

I was actually planning for a nerd60 pcb tho personally and just called them 'infinity/hhkb style'.
And I think all those layouts should be possible on a nerd60 afaik xD

Edit: Ill work on fixing the mockups as they seems pretty wrong/misleading now!  Thx for the Infos  :thumb:
Could someone confirm the 1800 delete is R1 pls?

Also I kinda feel like i need to vote for a |\ or blank R1 now...
Would be nice to hear some opinions on this.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:44:35 by FoC_Tow »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1896 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:50:18 »
Nerd60 supports 1.75u right shift, as well as the 2.75u standard ANSI size. Infinity requires the first.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1897 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 18:02:11 »
I mocked up a Purple on Cyan 1.25 windows key and the non-stepped Control key. i think it looks pretty good.

If we get this in there this may be the layout I use for my next build.

94624-0

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #1898 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 18:24:01 »
Ok Bunny said someone covered this in the thread but I can't find it, I beg someone, anyone to answer:

Why is the extra ISO R4 key \¦ and not \| ?  I thought a correction was being made but it's still in the mockup, for the love of cheddar, someone tell me why.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1899 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 18:27:42 »
I vote for keeping is ansi together.,but maybe it's cause I use ansi.  It does allow for more keyboard types to be added,and more artistic flair :)
Hi :)