Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761062 times)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #3650 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 13:46:09 »
Put my Hyperfuse on my new keyboard to use in the meantime while I wait for the replacement F6 looks nice only problem I have but unsure if this is a common thing or my problem the backspace and spacebar feel super mushy as though they are getting caught on the upstroke is this a common thing with GMK and gateron switches? :X

Show Image

i had a very similar feeling on a keyboard with gateron clears, the backspace in particular felt like it was mushy and came back up in slow motion, but wasnt caught on anything, i put it down to the weight of the springs and just havent played around with it since
Humm I might just switch out the backspace and space bar to a heavy spring and use a cherry switch instead for those two to see if that will fix the issue otherwise everything seems to be fine, also to note I did just check with a SP space bar and that is not mush at all :X might just be GMK not liking gateron :X

i only had this issue with gateron clears, id bare in mind that gmk keys will be somewhat heavier than sp
Ahh I also have the clear gateron although the springs are 68g so I didn't think it would of been that.

Could it be the stem gateron use, might try swapping a gateron black into it then a cherry red stem to see if that helps if not just replace the entire switch, I'm also wondering my stab I got with the pcb (Sprit) did not have the little bend in it do you think that would make a difference? :X also sorry for all the question first time with gmk anything :X

as i say, i didnt spend much time with the issue, but ive certainly only experienced it with gateron clears, so lemme know what you find out switches things around
Might of got it fixed so far it seems to be the clear gateron stem that makes it feel mushy, I have swapped the stem + top cover for a cherry part and that is perfect, also used the gateron top + a cherry black stem which also feels perfect so it seems it might just be stabilised gateron stems acting odd as all the other keys are perfect O>O

Also to note I have just tried a gateron black stem which gives the same mushy feeling when used otherwise cherry stems are perfect and seem to work without issue, well I guess I know what I can now do with all those Red stems I have lying around :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3651 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 11:09:06 »
Put my Hyperfuse on my new keyboard to use in the meantime while I wait for the replacement F6 looks nice only problem I have but unsure if this is a common thing or my problem the backspace and spacebar feel super mushy as though they are getting caught on the upstroke is this a common thing with GMK and gateron switches? :X

Show Image

i had a very similar feeling on a keyboard with gateron clears, the backspace in particular felt like it was mushy and came back up in slow motion, but wasnt caught on anything, i put it down to the weight of the springs and just havent played around with it since
Humm I might just switch out the backspace and space bar to a heavy spring and use a cherry switch instead for those two to see if that will fix the issue otherwise everything seems to be fine, also to note I did just check with a SP space bar and that is not mush at all :X might just be GMK not liking gateron :X

i only had this issue with gateron clears, id bare in mind that gmk keys will be somewhat heavier than sp
Ahh I also have the clear gateron although the springs are 68g so I didn't think it would of been that.

Could it be the stem gateron use, might try swapping a gateron black into it then a cherry red stem to see if that helps if not just replace the entire switch, I'm also wondering my stab I got with the pcb (Sprit) did not have the little bend in it do you think that would make a difference? :X also sorry for all the question first time with gmk anything :X

as i say, i didnt spend much time with the issue, but ive certainly only experienced it with gateron clears, so lemme know what you find out switches things around
Might of got it fixed so far it seems to be the clear gateron stem that makes it feel mushy, I have swapped the stem + top cover for a cherry part and that is perfect, also used the gateron top + a cherry black stem which also feels perfect so it seems it might just be stabilised gateron stems acting odd as all the other keys are perfect O>O

Also to note I have just tried a gateron black stem which gives the same mushy feeling when used otherwise cherry stems are perfect and seem to work without issue, well I guess I know what I can now do with all those Red stems I have lying around :X

pretty interesting stuff, im sure some keyboard wizard smarter than me will be able to work out the issue

i just tested a gateron clear on a few boards and replicated the issue every time, but havent had it with any other switch
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3652 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 13:24:04 »
I received my set. I didn't take the time to check it yet.

Thanks for everything you've done Cody and Bunny.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3653 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 10:09:24 »

Got my set! Looks awesome bunny!  :thumb:
All the kustom 60s

Offline icyskyz

(GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #3654 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 10:15:29 »
Show Image

Got my set! Looks awesome bunny!  :thumb:
Amazing color combination! very sharp!
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #3655 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 10:39:29 »
Bunny such an amazing set it looks good on every board I have my viper my gon tkl my Dolch 1800 just an amazing set and I just want to thank everyone again for there hard work and congrats everyone that got in on this  :thumb: truly beautiful work
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3656 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 13:51:49 »
Hyperfuse on my LZCP. Sorry for the potato quality I only have my Galaxy S5 for taking photos.

(Attachment Link)

God that is a beautiful board!

Offline litesung

« Reply #3657 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 15:53:14 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:28:33 by litesung »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3658 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 15:58:36 »

I am still waiting. Has Bunny/Cody shipped out malaysia/asia orders?
 :blank:
I'm waiting too. Status is website is not showing Shipped. Don't worry. It will happen :)

Mine hasn't shipped yet either and I was told that I was part of the first 50 orders. How much longer...? Why hasn't mine shipped yet?  Just curious is all.

we are still shipping

the OP is updated with the current status

you will get an email when your order ships notifying you of tracking

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #3659 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 19:01:53 »
Have ISO enter and other ISO key for free + shipping if anyone wants them. I'll never use them. Also if anyone has another left ANSI shift they would be willing to sell let me know. I'm to put this on a Fc660c

Offline chilldude_22

• Official streetman
« Reply #3660 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 08:14:44 »
Bunny -

At least Donpark and I (maybe other users, I can't be sure) are still waiting on PMs about the "raffle" for the extra sets you had last Monday. You had posted that you would respond to everyone who PMed you, win or lose, and we both sent you one last Saturday.

I understand you're busy with everyone concerned about their shipping. If the sets have already been sold, no worries, I'd just like to know so that I can look for one elsewhere.

Thanks

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3661 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 09:18:41 »
Bunny -

At least Donpark and I (maybe other users, I can't be sure) are still waiting on PMs about the "raffle" for the extra sets you had last Monday. You had posted that you would respond to everyone who PMed you, win or lose, and we both sent you one last Saturday.

I understand you're busy with everyone concerned about their shipping. If the sets have already been sold, no worries, I'd just like to know so that I can look for one elsewhere.

Thanks

ive sent pms to everyone who got in (and i thought everyone who didnt) i obviously missed a couple, im waiting for replies back fom a couple people so a couple more sets may become available

Offline chilldude_22

• Official streetman
« Reply #3662 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 09:30:54 »
No big, thanks for letting me know.

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
« Reply #3663 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:18:27 »
I have also sent you a PM about the extra set, and it would be very kind of you letting me know as if I could get the extra spot or not.

Thank you anw for the GB :)

Offline litesung

« Reply #3664 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 14:20:05 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:28:23 by litesung »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3665 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 09:00:25 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Just wanted to check how many sets left to ship.

Thanks...

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #3666 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 09:04:17 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Thanks...

The OP gives a current update percentage. :thumb:

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3667 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 09:21:14 »

That was last updated 9 days ago. Would appreciate something a bit more current.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3668 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 09:58:26 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Thanks...

Ah,  thanks...

I think my Order is last,  so at this rate I'll set my expectations to a couple of months :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3669 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 10:04:44 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Thanks...

Ah,  thanks...

I think my Order is last,  so at this rate I'll set my expectations to a couple of months :)

the aim is to have roughly everything done by the end of the month, or close to it

theres maybe a couple more hours of retro shipping to go, and we have the 2 big hyperfuse ready, after that its just basically single small orders to churn though and should go pretty fast

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3670 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 10:05:41 »

That was last updated 9 days ago. Would appreciate something a bit more current.

thats up to date aside from maybe 10 more single orders going

we had an order of 58 sets and an order of 100 sets to pack up, so thats taken some time

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3671 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 10:54:58 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Thanks...

Ah,  thanks...

the aim is to have roughly everything done by the end of the month, or close to it

theres maybe a couple more hours of retro shipping to go, and we have the 2 big hyperfuse ready, after that its just basically single small orders to churn though and should go pretty fast

Awesome,  thanks for the update.  I am actually in England the last week of this month,  should just pop by ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3672 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 11:05:11 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Thanks...

Ah,  thanks...

Awesome,  thanks for the update.  I am actually in England the last week of this month,  should just pop by ;)

if you were anywhere near me i could totally give you a set then haha

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3673 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 12:52:12 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Thanks...

Ah,  thanks...

I'll be up in Gloucester,  and then Oxford,  then London.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3674 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 13:30:48 »
Hi Bunny/Cody

Thanks...

Ah,  thanks...

I'll be up in Gloucester,  and then Oxford,  then London.
We should totally do a UK meetup just saying >_>
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #3675 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 21:38:31 »
Are the ship notifications going on the CTRL ALT Store or straight to our emails?

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3676 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 04:47:37 »
Cody, why my new tracking ticket number has no news, I have PM you for a long time, hope to get your reply, I'm pretty anxious waiting for you!!!!!
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3677 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 04:54:43 »
Are the ship notifications going on the CTRL ALT Store or straight to our emails?

both

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #3678 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 05:18:10 »
Received. This is some pics on cheat:

More

However, there 're long scratchs on Fn & Enter ISO caps :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 September 2015, 05:20:46 by quochung1989 »

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3679 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 05:52:34 »

both
Rabbit, help me to ask Cody, how much my hyperfuse new single number! Thanks for the trouble
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3680 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 18:47:48 »

both
Rabbit, help me to ask Cody, how much my hyperfuse new single number! Thanks for the trouble

send him a pm, he doesnt check often but he will get back to you when he can

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3681 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 19:41:16 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

if you can send me photos via pm of the damaged keys, i am compiling them to forward to gmk for replacements

Offline camgibb

« Reply #3682 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 20:35:51 »
Hey, I'm really bad at navigating this forum but I was wondering are they still going through the sorting process? I'm not rushing or anything I'm just curious (First group buy)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #3683 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 21:06:14 »
Hey, I'm really bad at navigating this forum but I was wondering are they still going through the sorting process? I'm not rushing or anything I'm just curious (First group buy)

Yep, they're still sorting and shipping.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #3684 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 21:29:50 »
Well I've spent a lot of time with the set and I'm still head over heels in love with it still. There are some flaws that I've noticed over time though. A couple of my keys have the faintest of scratches, which reallly don't bother me in any such way, but they are there. Only on the grey keys and a total of 3-4 of them. The big thing I see is that some of the teal legends are very muddled and appear dirty like they didn't get filled in properly. Example being my "Shift" keys looks quite bad compared others like my "Pg Dn" and arrow keys that looks especially vibrant and pop. Also I'm swear I'm not crazy but keys with side printing look to be a different shade of teal compared to the top print. The side "Break" on my pause key is darker and a tad more bluish next to the pause legend. Same for the "Prt Sc/Sys Rq". The alphas are impeccable though except the "@" on my 2 key and my "?" key which I just chalk up to manufacturing tolerances. With all that being said there's way more I could talk about in terms to how great this is and feels.

All in all I would definitely buy another GMK set if the color way caught my fancy. I grasp more and more every day all the work that the CTRL ALT guys have put into making this possible and thanks again for all the hard work.

P.S. Scoops for lyfe

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #3685 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 21:33:35 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

if you can send me photos via pm of the damaged keys, i am compiling them to forward to gmk for replacements

Ok. Thanks for your help.

There 're seems more scratchs caps than I think. I just check for 86 layout (for cheat), I should check carefully than.
I 'll send pics later.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #3686 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:55:20 »
Have you seen if the scratches rub out?

It looks like in the TA GB, most of them were just some plastic that rubbed off onto the outer layer when shipping..it hasn't actually scratched through to an inner layer or anything like that...

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #3687 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 00:28:44 »

It looks like in the TA GB, most of them were just some plastic that rubbed off onto the outer layer when shipping..it hasn't actually scratched through to an inner layer or anything like that...

That is outside scratches.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2015, 00:51:04 by quochung1989 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3688 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 00:47:32 »

I have some scratches/scuffs on my TA and HF sets that will not rub off even with a damp cloth. I also have some small chips & dents in a couple of my caps.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3689 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 04:28:25 »

both

send him a pm, he doesnt check often but he will get back to you when he can
All right! To see so many people have received the goods I also try so hard, I have a PM in the evening before him, but no reply, if you can help me to ask next best, please.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3690 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 07:41:45 »
I checked my set as well and I am not missing any keys. However there are little scratches on some keys but they are really minors. In order to see them you have to put your face in front of it in a particular light. I wonder if it is worth bothering you with that. I shall take some pictures.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #3691 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 09:49:20 »
There are no replacable caps? I PM'd for a long time ago, but didn't get the answer.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #3692 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 10:09:54 »
It's quite simple. If you didn't get a reply to your PM then try sending it again.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #3693 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 10:27:08 »
I sent pm, Bunny.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3694 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 12:24:46 »
got your pm quochung

for anyone who does indeed have scratched keys

please follow this info

send me a picture of the damaged keys in question clearly showing the issue, i am compiling them to forward to gmk

i will say when i received my sets, i did find some minor scratches, all of which bugged out for me, im not suggesting the nobody has real deep scratches, but simply, please try thoroughly to remove them, and should you not be able, to take a clear picture of each key in question for me

having them replaced is not something that can be done instantly, but that will be taken care of once i have received images of all the keys that need to be replaced

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #3695 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 21:05:20 »
got your pm quochung

for anyone who does indeed have scratched keys

please follow this info

send me a picture of the damaged keys in question clearly showing the issue, i am compiling them to forward to gmk

i will say when i received my sets, i did find some minor scratches, all of which bugged out for me, im not suggesting the nobody has real deep scratches, but simply, please try thoroughly to remove them, and should you not be able, to take a clear picture of each key in question for me

having them replaced is not something that can be done instantly, but that will be taken care of once i have received images of all the keys that need to be replaced

OK, Thanks.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3696 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 04:21:48 »

You need to ask everyone here is it SAFE, to continue ordering from GMK?

If this is the height of so-called "German Perfection" then we need to re-consider looking elsewhere for our future key-set purchases.

Who would think that the Germans have gone down hill in manufacturing, wiping away tears as I'm typing this........

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3697 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 05:00:24 »
You need to ask everyone here is it SAFE, to continue ordering from GMK?

If this is the height of so-called "German Perfection" then we need to re-consider looking elsewhere for our future key-set purchases.

Who would think that the Germans have gone down hill in manufacturing, wiping away tears as I'm typing this........

I am not sure if the quality of the GMK caps really deteriorated or if people just became more nitpicky after the Triumph Adler set.

I mean I saw people complain about the smallest scratches on the backside of their caps, that are covered by the case anyway. Others found little inconsistencies with some F-Key legends that are only visible if you stair at your caps from close distance if at all. In my opinion the quality is the same, but apparently some color combinations have minor issues with light bleeding etc.

The legends on the Hyperfuse mods for example don't look as sharp as the classic beige mods, but I think that's just because black & beige has a better contrast.

As long as GMK caps feel great and look nice when I sit in front of my board I am happy. In my opinion there are still miles ahead of SP or Tai Hao - let's see what JTK brings to the table  :thumb:

Offline Polymer

« Reply #3698 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 05:24:43 »
I am not sure if the quality of the GMK caps really deteriorated or if people just became more nitpicky after the Triumph Adler set.

I mean I saw people complain about the smallest scratches on the backside of their caps, that are covered by the case anyway. Others found little inconsistencies with some F-Key legends that are only visible if you stair at your caps from close distance if at all. In my opinion the quality is the same, but apparently some color combinations have minor issues with light bleeding etc.

Well, the light bleed would be a bit more consistent set to set if it was just color combinations...it doesn't seem to be..

I do agree though, some of the problems are a bit overblown...the F key one I saw...I had to look carefully at the blown up picture to see it.  Do I really need to worry about that?  no...some of the scratches look like they can be easily rubbed out..

Maybe it is because of all the extra colors we're seeing but the quality does seem to be somewhat different than what most are used to...but I do agree, some of it is being overblown and the quality is still obviously really good..especially compared to what is out there..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3699 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 06:42:15 »