Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761376 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #3700 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:08:15 »
I am not sure if the quality of the GMK caps really deteriorated or if people just became more nitpicky after the Triumph Adler set.

I mean I saw people complain about the smallest scratches on the backside of their caps, that are covered by the case anyway. Others found little inconsistencies with some F-Key legends that are only visible if you stair at your caps from close distance if at all. In my opinion the quality is the same, but apparently some color combinations have minor issues with light bleeding etc.

Well, the light bleed would be a bit more consistent set to set if it was just color combinations...it doesn't seem to be..

I do agree though, some of the problems are a bit overblown...the F key one I saw...I had to look carefully at the blown up picture to see it.  Do I really need to worry about that?  no...some of the scratches look like they can be easily rubbed out..

Maybe it is because of all the extra colors we're seeing but the quality does seem to be somewhat different than what most are used to...but I do agree, some of it is being overblown and the quality is still obviously really good..especially compared to what is out there..

GMK is also experiencing an influx in demand for their keysets resulting in they fastening production while losing a little on quality. I'm not saying that it's a valid excuse but it seems like that's what they're doing. We have to remember to that they also receive orders from other corporations with quantities much higher than our orders so are kind of near the bottom of the totem pole.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3701 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:38:41 »
I am not sure if the quality of the GMK caps really deteriorated or if people just became more nitpicky after the Triumph Adler set.

I mean I saw people complain about the smallest scratches on the backside of their caps, that are covered by the case anyway. Others found little inconsistencies with some F-Key legends that are only visible if you stair at your caps from close distance if at all. In my opinion the quality is the same, but apparently some color combinations have minor issues with light bleeding etc.

Well, the light bleed would be a bit more consistent set to set if it was just color combinations...it doesn't seem to be..

I do agree though, some of the problems are a bit overblown...the F key one I saw...I had to look carefully at the blown up picture to see it.  Do I really need to worry about that?  no...some of the scratches look like they can be easily rubbed out..

Maybe it is because of all the extra colors we're seeing but the quality does seem to be somewhat different than what most are used to...but I do agree, some of it is being overblown and the quality is still obviously really good..especially compared to what is out there..

GMK is also experiencing an influx in demand for their keysets resulting in they fastening production while losing a little on quality. I'm not saying that it's a valid excuse but it seems like that's what they're doing. We have to remember to that they also receive orders from other corporations with quantities much higher than our orders so are kind of near the bottom of the totem pole.

Quality will always suffer in the short term as a company scales up to meet demand
I don't think the current quality is anywhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. My sets of Hyperfuse have no issues whatsoever

Offline cuongcan2020

« Reply #3702 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:07:21 »
got your pm quochung

for anyone who does indeed have scratched keys

please follow this info

send me a picture of the damaged keys in question clearly showing the issue, i am compiling them to forward to gmk

i will say when i received my sets, i did find some minor scratches, all of which bugged out for me, im not suggesting the nobody has real deep scratches, but simply, please try thoroughly to remove them, and should you not be able, to take a clear picture of each key in question for me

having them replaced is not something that can be done instantly, but that will be taken care of once i have received images of all the keys that need to be replaced

Bunny, I did shoot you a pm regard my scratched keys.

Offline ryptide11

« Reply #3703 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:25:41 »
On sent regarding change of address!

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #3704 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 20:00:13 »
got your pm quochung

for anyone who does indeed have scratched keys

please follow this info

send me a picture of the damaged keys in question clearly showing the issue, i am compiling them to forward to gmk

i will say when i received my sets, i did find some minor scratches, all of which bugged out for me, im not suggesting the nobody has real deep scratches, but simply, please try thoroughly to remove them, and should you not be able, to take a clear picture of each key in question for me

having them replaced is not something that can be done instantly, but that will be taken care of once i have received images of all the keys that need to be replaced

Bunny, I did shoot you a pm regard my scratched keys.

Show Image

I had marks on some of my keys that look like what you have going on.  You should be able to scrape/buff most of that off with your fingernail or a cloth.  I think it's just leftover plastic from the molding process or something. 

Really, from the pic about the only key I can see anything wrong with is the Shift key, and that should definitely slough off with a little elbow grease.

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3705 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 20:12:40 »
The rabbit、Cody ,my hyperfusc when can delivery to me? New number tracking tickets don't send me, somehow also give me a message!
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline Polymer

« Reply #3706 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 20:36:33 »
I had marks on some of my keys that look like what you have going on.  You should be able to scrape/buff most of that off with your fingernail or a cloth.  I think it's just leftover plastic from the molding process or something. 

Really, from the pic about the only key I can see anything wrong with is the Shift key, and that should definitely slough off with a little elbow grease.

I agree..that looks like it can rub out...

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #3707 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 00:47:06 »
Hey Bun, I had two HF orders, one through the site and one through PayPal. I got one of my sets in a week or so ago, but not the other.

I'm sure there was a form posted at some point for PP buyers to fill out and I totally missed it. What do you want me to do from here? Happy to cover shipping!
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #3708 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 03:52:21 »
Still waiting for my notification :(

Offline snowe

« Reply #3709 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 15:12:30 »
Are the ship notifications going on the CTRL ALT Store or straight to our emails?

both

What if we ordered through PM?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3710 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 17:38:39 »
people are just more nitpicky

This :thumb:

Definitely this.  I don't think anyone really scrutinized GMK this much until TA.  GMK has always felt vastly superior (in a lot of people's opinions) to the other options, and they look stellar too.  We've always had slight imperfections, but it was never that huge of a deal.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #3711 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 20:50:18 »
Felt like I needed to repost my own gushing love for HyperFuse.

thanks, im a bit close to it right now to truly appreciate and be able to articulate what a big deal this is and how happy i am to be a part of it, but once a few days have passed im sure ill come up with something to say

Why everyone from near and far jumped onto this Group Buy is because of you.  Your name is the pusher and every addict in the world knows who they're dealing with here, no surprises and always good gear is arranged and sold at any time.

This is what every keyboard zealot loves and we all bow down towards CTRL/ALT and their most valued crew, especially the one known as BunnyLake  :thumb: .

Here here! I hope that a few of the major players in this buy can make sure that this set reaches the 500 mark, because it's legacy just deserves it.

I've not been active on Geekhack for long but one of the first names I became aware of was BunnyLake. After getting to know the deal with group buys I noticed that this man and his merry [CTRL]ALT compadres stepped up to go the extra mile time and time again, making sure all community members got more than fair shake. Bundling extra add-ons to group buys, jumping in to save the day on GBs that had gone south, taking care of shipping cost from errors, handing out free sought-after artisan caps and doing it all in a friendly and egoless manner. I almost feel like this buy is an apology to this collective of people for that GB leader poop slinging match and the cross-community **** storms they got caught up in over the last 12 months; here we have a set with no crazy promises, with no need to try and pander to random requests, just something that stands high above the rest on its own merit and it's something that the entire community has overwhelmingly backed. The history behind this thing is going to make it extra sweet when we finally get to type out our thank-yous on it!

Congratulations BunnyLake, [CTRL]ALT, Mrs Bunny, future Bunny Jr, and a sincere thank you.

Also I feel slightly aroused whenever I think about this set.. thanks Elrick  ;)

So, to everyone  involved, THANK YOU!  :thumb: :-*

• Massdrop Infinity
  • [CTRL]ALT HyperFuse
  • 68g lubed MX Clear alphas and 68g lubed Gateron Clear modifiers, all with clear switch tops
  • Tex 60% aluminum case
  • Custom 'Autobot Matrix of Leadership' wrist rest from Noko (Sized for when I get a 1800 board to put HF on)
(colors are way off because there is no natural light at this hour.... sorry)

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #3712 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 22:48:07 »
Felt like I needed to repost my own gushing love for HyperFuse.

thanks, im a bit close to it right now to truly appreciate and be able to articulate what a big deal this is and how happy i am to be a part of it, but once a few days have passed im sure ill come up with something to say

Why everyone from near and far jumped onto this Group Buy is because of you.  Your name is the pusher and every addict in the world knows who they're dealing with here, no surprises and always good gear is arranged and sold at any time.

This is what every keyboard zealot loves and we all bow down towards CTRL/ALT and their most valued crew, especially the one known as BunnyLake  :thumb: .

Here here! I hope that a few of the major players in this buy can make sure that this set reaches the 500 mark, because it's legacy just deserves it.

I've not been active on Geekhack for long but one of the first names I became aware of was BunnyLake. After getting to know the deal with group buys I noticed that this man and his merry [CTRL]ALT compadres stepped up to go the extra mile time and time again, making sure all community members got more than fair shake. Bundling extra add-ons to group buys, jumping in to save the day on GBs that had gone south, taking care of shipping cost from errors, handing out free sought-after artisan caps and doing it all in a friendly and egoless manner. I almost feel like this buy is an apology to this collective of people for that GB leader poop slinging match and the cross-community **** storms they got caught up in over the last 12 months; here we have a set with no crazy promises, with no need to try and pander to random requests, just something that stands high above the rest on its own merit and it's something that the entire community has overwhelmingly backed. The history behind this thing is going to make it extra sweet when we finally get to type out our thank-yous on it!

Congratulations BunnyLake, [CTRL]ALT, Mrs Bunny, future Bunny Jr, and a sincere thank you.

Also I feel slightly aroused whenever I think about this set.. thanks Elrick  ;)

So, to everyone  involved, THANK YOU!  :thumb: :-*

Show Image

• Massdrop Infinity
  • [CTRL]ALT HyperFuse
  • 68g lubed MX Clear alphas and 68g lubed Gateron Clear modifiers, all with clear switch tops
  • Tex 60% aluminum case
  • Custom 'Autobot Matrix of Leadership' wrist rest from Noko (Sized for when I get a 1800 board to put HF on)
(colors are way off because there is no natural light at this hour.... sorry)

That wrist rest is awesome. Noko did a stellar job.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline bl1nk

« Reply #3713 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 03:35:06 »
Just went to the customs office to get my set. Unfortunately some keys are scratched  :'(

I was afraid after reading all those stories on the TA sets over the last weeks. Tried to clean them, didn't work. Ouch.

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #3714 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 13:50:37 »
Here's hoping for a tracking number soon! Even with all the minorscratches I'm still dying to get these

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #3715 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 14:48:46 »
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one. I have a few scratched keys in my set as well.

Also, I've been using these caps since I received them and  have started noticing wear marks on the purple legends causing them to turn white. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3716 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 11:03:15 »
cody packed and sorted a ton yesterday, including the 2 large orders, one of which being binges so he can have those on hand ready to go on sale for anyone who missed out

leaving just about 200 individual orders left to do, ill update the Op on the status when im back home later as im popping out now

but the hardest work is out the way and this will speed up to its comclusion from now on
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Poostar

« Reply #3717 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 11:09:20 »
Any word from GMK if they are going to make the scratched keycaps right? I have not gotten mine yet but it seems a good amount of people are having this problem.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3718 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 12:01:25 »
Any word from GMK if they are going to make the scratched keycaps right? I have not gotten mine yet but it seems a good amount of people are having this problem.

as ive posted above, i have to wait until all sets are out, so that i can compile all the keys needed and then get them replaced
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Polymer

« Reply #3719 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 18:18:53 »
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one. I have a few scratched keys in my set as well.

Also, I've been using these caps since I received them and  have started noticing wear marks on the purple legends causing them to turn white. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Take a picture...these are doubleshot so not sure how that is even possible...

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3720 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:09:41 »
Currently looking for a beta tester to purchase a hyperfuse t-shirt (via Stripe), beta tester will receive a discounted price on the t-shirt.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3721 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:11:27 »
Currently looking for a beta tester to purchase a hyperfuse t-shirt (via Stripe), beta tester will receive a discounted price on the t-shirt.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3722 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:14:35 »

would be happy to help

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #3723 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:15:28 »

dibs!
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3724 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:19:22 »
I'll PM a couple of you with instructions when i get into the office.

Offline dovidioantonio

« Reply #3725 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:23:32 »
Hey just curious on how many sets are left? I ordered very late so I know I'm low on the list of remaining orders.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:25:29 by dovidioantonio »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3726 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:28:51 »
I'd be interested in beta testing.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3727 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:28:58 »
Hey just curious on how many sets are left? I ordered very late so I know I'm low on the list of remaining orders.

About 200, more going out today.

cody packed and sorted a ton yesterday, including the 2 large orders, one of which being binges so he can have those on hand ready to go on sale for anyone who missed out

leaving just about 200 individual orders left to do, ill update the Op on the status when im back home later as im popping out now

but the hardest work is out the way and this will speed up to its comclusion from now on

Offline dovidioantonio

« Reply #3728 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:29:39 »
Thanks for the quick response

Offline archer

« Reply #3729 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:50:36 »

About 200, more going out today.

fingers crossed mine is in this lot! :D

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #3730 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:05:55 »
These cuties will look so much better with hyperfuse instead of granite.

Planck w/ Zealios

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3731 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:22:13 »
If you are still looking for testers, I'd be extremely happy to help.

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #3732 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:53:01 »
I would like to beta test a shirt too if you still need testers!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #3733 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:25:27 »
I'm always up for beta testing :)

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3734 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:37:56 »

/raises hand

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #3735 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:45:51 »
Hi Cody, will you post the tracking no. to ctrl alt once the keysets are shipped?
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3736 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:59:41 »
Hi Cody, will you post the tracking no. to ctrl alt once the keysets are shipped?

From experience (including this buy) it will be emailed to you and be posted on ctrlalt

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3737 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 15:09:41 »
T-shirts are available at https://keyboard.community/buys/hyper-fuse-t-shirts

Very limited quantity available.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #3738 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 15:11:18 »
i am too large for these shirts  :'(
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3739 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:08:30 »

ordered :) hopefully a medium isn't too buig

Offline theginginator

« Reply #3740 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:43:00 »
Ordered  ;D

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3741 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 19:37:53 »
Thanks for purchasing the t-shirts guys, if you noticed any errors they will be resolved by tonight. Feel free to pm me any feedback.
I am watching the server logs.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3742 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 19:44:32 »
Just submitted my order. It appears to have processed fine(got an email), but I did get an authentication token error at the confirmation screen.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3743 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 20:31:27 »
Placed my order within minutes of the shirts going live. No error messages at checkout, and I did receive a confirmation email. So far so good. That was more money than I wanted to spend on a t-shirt (inclusive of shipping), but I expect it to be totally worth it. I'll be doubly amused if I receive the shirt before the caps. Well, maybe not amused, but you get the idea.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3744 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 21:23:46 »
I'm going to try to include something special (or a discount on future purchases) with every t-shirt order, as I'm working out kinks in calculating shipping.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3745 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 21:28:08 »

Your contact form is fantastic.  :thumb:
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3746 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 22:05:56 »

Offline theginginator

« Reply #3747 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 23:09:28 »
Thought i had ordered a shirt, but never got a confirmation. I go through check out, fill out payment, after it says processing, it will refresh and say nothing is in my cart.  :confused:

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3748 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 04:33:53 »

Your contact form is fantastic.  :thumb:

:)
Cody, my tracking ticket number, please send me. If have delivery!
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline litesung

« Reply #3749 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 14:28:58 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:28:10 by litesung »