Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761157 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #3750 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 14:36:52 »
Since there's 200 left, I'm certain that I should be receiving my shipping information soon.... Right? I mean I was told I was one of the first 50 people, so it's hard for me to understand how 300-400 people made their carts before I placed my order.  :confused: could it be possible that I was skipped? What about the other 49 who also got the keychain? To those guys, are any of you still waiting for a tracking number?

i dunno how many more times this can be said, but these arent being shipped by time of order

your order, as with all remaining orders will be shipped soon
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3751 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 15:31:08 »
I have read a few of the posts about scratched keys, however I'm noticing some of my legends are already wearing off? They were perfect when received. Should I send you a PM in regards to this Bunny? Asking before I do, considering its not like a scratch per se....

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #3752 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 15:49:36 »
I have read a few of the posts about scratched keys, however I'm noticing some of my legends are already wearing off? They were perfect when received. Should I send you a PM in regards to this Bunny? Asking before I do, considering its not like a scratch per se....

These are doubleshot keys....  What you're describing isn't possible.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3753 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 15:49:50 »

The key caps are double shot, I don't see how it's possible for the legends to wear off. Do you mind uploading some pics?
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3754 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 21:01:29 »

Here's some pics, also I was just guessing at what it could be. I have no idea really.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #3755 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 21:07:31 »
Show Image

Show Image

Here's some pics, also I was just guessing at what it could be. I have no idea really.

That's so weird.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #3756 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 21:29:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

That's so weird.
Yikes.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #3757 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 22:10:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

Freaky.  Does scratching at the surface with a fingernail or rubbing the cap with your finger or cloth(with elbow grease) do anything for it?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3758 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 22:14:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

So it wasn't like that before? Interesting.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3759 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 22:22:09 »
Show Image

Show Image

So it wasn't like that before? Interesting.

I said earlier that they were fine upon arriving, now not so much.

Show Image

Show Image

Freaky.  Does scratching at the surface with a fingernail or rubbing the cap with your finger or cloth(with elbow grease) do anything for it?

Rubbing the cap seems to make it look better but I barely scratch my nail over the legend and it ****s up. This happens with more than just the keys I've shown after looking more closely.

I'm not trying to be a turd, but I literally looked down today at my set and was just like, "well that's interesting."

more pics and a comparison with TA GMK with legends that don't seem to scratch off. http://imgur.com/a/4lLB5

Offline litesung

« Reply #3760 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 01:27:09 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:28:01 by litesung »

Offline ika

« Reply #3761 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 02:02:34 »
Rubbing the cap seems to make it look better but I barely scratch my nail over the legend and it ****s up. This happens with more than just the keys I've shown after looking more closely.

I'm not trying to be a turd, but I literally looked down today at my set and was just like, "well that's interesting."

more pics and a comparison with TA GMK with legends that don't seem to scratch off. http://imgur.com/a/4lLB5

Does the "powdering" happen only on the legend or does it happen on the bottom of the keycap where the legend shot is? Is something wrong with your plastic?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #3762 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 02:52:12 »

You're definitely not being a turd..that is just really odd...and most definitely a legitimate concern..

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3763 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:08:48 »
well the legends are doubleshot, so its completely impossible for them to rub off

so i guess one of a few things could be happening

either, somehow you are transferring plastic residue from other parts of the cap on top of the legends, hence giving it the appearance that it is partially rubbing off, perhaps transferring oils or substances from your hand that is reacting with the purple plastic more so than the other plastic or a number of similar things with the same result

its very hard to comment without seeing them in person

id suggest a couple of things

firstly, is it happening across all the purple legends, or is it selective, or perhaps on the high traffic areas of typing

i would try taking the affected keys, and leaving them in a bowl overnight, starting with some warm water and a denture tab

hopefully that way we can see if it is something over the surface, or if it is something that has actually affected the plastic permanently, so we can at least eliminate certain things, and work from there

ive had my set on my daily since they came in, and have really heavily inspected it today and come up with nothing that looks anything like that

however obviously im in different weather and heat conditions, and most likely use different cleaning products etc 

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #3764 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 23:13:08 »
Hey just curious on how many sets are left? I ordered very late so I know I'm low on the list of remaining orders.

About 200, more going out today.

Really puts into perspective what yall are doing for us. Big thanks! <3
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 September 2015, 23:14:40 by HesterDW »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3765 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 08:01:43 »
Hey just curious on how many sets are left? I ordered very late so I know I'm low on the list of remaining orders.

About 200, more going out today.

Really puts into perspective what yall are doing for us. Big thanks! <3

"You have the whole world in your hands" literally.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3766 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 09:49:15 »
Got the shipping notice for the Hyperfuse t-shirt, so I'll certainly be getting that before the caps themselves. C'est la vie.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3767 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 11:53:20 »
Not to pester bunny but it seems this is the best place to catch you as I sent a pm a week ago and didn't get a response :X any chance of me getting that missing key soon?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #3768 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 11:57:36 »
Not to pester bunny but it seems this is the best place to catch you as I sent a pm a week ago and didn't get a response :X any chance of me getting that missing key soon?

Did you see the several posts prior in which he addressed this already?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3769 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:21:31 »

It didn't specify about keys that I never received, I got my package all dandy but never got a F6, which by the way he never specified about having to wait for replacements (I certainly hope I don't need to wait for it) as I thought it would be a case of put said key in the post to me, I just wanted a update on when I should expect it as its been a month now since I got my set with it missing other than that everything is dandy, just kinda missing the f6 my board is all :/

Edited to make more sense
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:55:28 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #3770 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:23:01 »
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one. I have a few scratched keys in my set as well.

Also, I've been using these caps since I received them and  have started noticing wear marks on the purple legends causing them to turn white. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Take a picture...these are doubleshot so not sure how that is even possible...

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was on vacation. Anyways, you can see from the attached picture that the G, N, M, H, J, and U are affected but the F and T are affected as well.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3771 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:26:48 »
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one. I have a few scratched keys in my set as well.

Also, I've been using these caps since I received them and  have started noticing wear marks on the purple legends causing them to turn white. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was on vacation. Anyways, you can see from the attached picture that the G, N, M, H, J, and U are affected but the F and T are affected as well.

its really interesting this has happened with 2 people

no idea what it could be

ill be forwarding the pics to gmk and will update as soon as i have a response from them

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #3772 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:28:42 »

no idea what it could be

ill be forwarding the pics to gmk and will update as soon as i have a response from them

Thanks, Bunny.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3773 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:30:24 »

no idea what it could be

Thanks, Bunny.

ive literally never seen anything like it, it has to be some sort of chemical reaction with the pigment in the purple, but no idea whats caused this

as i mentioned above, ive been using a set of this daily since it came in and have no traces of this

but yeah, i now have 2 pics showing a similar thing so ill get the email sent off and wait for a response

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #3774 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:47:31 »

It didn't specify about keys that I never received, I got my package all dandy but never got a F6, which by the way he never specified about having to wait for replacements (I certainly hope I don't need to wait for it) as I thought it would be a case of put said key in the post to me, I just wanted a update on when I should expect it as its been a month now since I got my set with it missing other than that everything is dandy, just kinda missing the f6 my board is all :/

Here's the history of comments regarding replacing keys (it applies to missing or damaged parts)

More
Any word from GMK if they are going to make the scratched keycaps right? I have not gotten mine yet but it seems a good amount of people are having this problem.

as ive posted above, i have to wait until all sets are out, so that i can compile all the keys needed and then get them replaced

Received. This is some pics on cheat:

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

However, there 're long scratchs on Fn & Enter ISO caps :(

if you can send me photos via pm of the damaged keys, i am compiling them to forward to gmk for replacements

got your pm quochung

for anyone who does indeed have scratched keys

please follow this info

send me a picture of the damaged keys in question clearly showing the issue, i am compiling them to forward to gmk

i will say when i received my sets, i did find some minor scratches, all of which bugged out for me, im not suggesting the nobody has real deep scratches, but simply, please try thoroughly to remove them, and should you not be able, to take a clear picture of each key in question for me

having them replaced is not something that can be done instantly, but that will be taken care of once i have received images of all the keys that need to be replaced
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:49:07 by Bro Caps »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3775 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:51:59 »
ive literally never seen anything like it, it has to be some sort of chemical reaction with the pigment in the purple, but no idea whats caused this

as i mentioned above, ive been using a set of this daily since it came in and have no traces of this

but yeah, i now have 2 pics showing a similar thing so ill get the email sent off and wait for a response

I believe I had a similar issue on one or two of my keycaps and first thought it was some kind of latticing issue or just plain out scratches, but I lightly scratched at it with my nails, and it scratched/peeled off, and the issue is gone. So, with my issue, there was a light layer of plastic on top of the legends. Now, I'm not sure if these pictures and mine were the same issue but, try to lightly scratch it off with something soft like your finger nails, and see if that helps.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3776 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:56:44 »

I believe I had a similar issue on one or two of my keycaps and first thought it was some kind of latticing issue or just plain out scratches, but I lightly scratched at it with my nails, and it scratched/peeled off, and the issue is gone. So, with my issue, there was a light layer of plastic on top of the legends. Now, I'm not sure if these pictures and mine were the same issue but, try to lightly scratch it off with something soft like your finger nails, and see if that helps.

thanks for the insight good sir

either way, its not right, for what is essentially a premium product, right now the issue seems semi isolated but lets hope its not a bigger issue, as i say, email going off to gmk, and we shall see what they have to say about it

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3777 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:59:18 »

either way, its not right, for what is essentially a premium product, right now the issue seems semi isolated but lets hope its not a bigger issue, as i say, email going off to gmk, and we shall see what they have to say about it

Of course, my lovely <3

Hopefully some kind of resolve comes back from them in a swift manner, and is dealt with accordingly ~

Thanks again for everything.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3778 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:00:25 »

Here's the history of comments regarding replacing keys (it applies to missing or damaged parts)

More
Any word from GMK if they are going to make the scratched keycaps right? I have not gotten mine yet but it seems a good amount of people are having this problem.

as ive posted above, i have to wait until all sets are out, so that i can compile all the keys needed and then get them replaced

Received. This is some pics on cheat:

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

However, there 're long scratchs on Fn & Enter ISO caps :(

if you can send me photos via pm of the damaged keys, i am compiling them to forward to gmk for replacements

got your pm quochung

for anyone who does indeed have scratched keys

please follow this info

send me a picture of the damaged keys in question clearly showing the issue, i am compiling them to forward to gmk

i will say when i received my sets, i did find some minor scratches, all of which bugged out for me, im not suggesting the nobody has real deep scratches, but simply, please try thoroughly to remove them, and should you not be able, to take a clear picture of each key in question for me

having them replaced is not something that can be done instantly, but that will be taken care of once i have received images of all the keys that need to be replaced
Thanks Bro Caps still even with the red text its still not super clear that it applies to my situation :X As it should just be sat in the sorting box? Anyway thanks also bunny replied to me.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #3779 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:01:07 »

no idea what it could be

Thanks, Bunny.

Yeah, I'm not sweating it but like you, I'm very curious as to why it's happening.

From what I can tell, it seems like the material used for the legends are softer. For example, if I try to rub or scratch the Windows key (grey and teal), no issue. However, if I rub or scratch the purple legends, even with the slightest pressure, the legends start turning white.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3780 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:01:56 »

To be fair, I wouldn't expect a missing key to be handled this same way.  That missing key is sitting in the big bag of F6 keys at home base, and is already accounted for and expected to be in Fire Brand's possession.  Unlike a replacement key for damage, that will have to supplant the damaged key in addition.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3781 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:09:02 »
To be fair, I wouldn't expect a missing key to be handled this same way.  That missing key is sitting in the big bag of F6 keys at home base, and is already accounted for and expected to be in Fire Brand's possession.  Unlike a replacement key for damage, that will have to supplant the damaged key in addition.

Hold me Hoff <3  Voice of reason that I can't quite articulate

Also lets forget this for now, as everything has been sorted for now the F6 isn't at home base unfortunately so it will need to be replaced by GMK.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline ika

« Reply #3782 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:42:29 »
for those with the scratches or whitening on the legends, see if the same thing happens on the plastic on the bottom of the cap; take a plastic tool or something that isn't too hard and scratch at the plastic. I'm curious if it's some kind of coating on top of the legends (like what vesperSAINT's issue sounds like) or a reaction with oils on your hands.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #3783 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:46:24 »

True, but it still has to wait until everything ships so he can account for missing/damaged/etc keys.

You could just ask Cody once everything ships out if there are any left in the bin.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:09:12 by Bro Caps »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3784 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:51:47 »

True, but it still has to wait until everything ships so he can account for missing/damaged/etc keys.

You could just ask Cody once everything ships out if there are any left in the bin.
Don't worry Bro everything got sorted out for now, thanks for helping anyway :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #3785 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 21:23:28 »
for those with the scratches or whitening on the legends, see if the same thing happens on the plastic on the bottom of the cap; take a plastic tool or something that isn't too hard and scratch at the plastic. I'm curious if it's some kind of coating on top of the legends (like what vesperSAINT's issue sounds like) or a reaction with oils on your hands.

Here you go. Went over it with a little pressure using a plastic tool used to remove interior car panels. One picture is before, the other is scratched. Same key, different sides.

Offline ika

« Reply #3786 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 21:48:46 »

Here you go. Went over it with a little pressure using a plastic tool used to remove interior car panels. One picture is before, the other is scratched. Same key, different sides.

Looks like the same whitening is happening when you just scratch the surface, then, and doesn't seem to be related to chemistry/oils. Do you happen to type with your fingernails touching the caps? Have you tried what vesperSAINT said about being able to "scratch/peel off" whatever layer is causing this to happen?

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #3787 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 22:13:41 »

Looks like the same whitening is happening when you just scratch the surface, then, and doesn't seem to be related to chemistry/oils. Do you happen to type with your fingernails touching the caps? Have you tried what vesperSAINT said about being able to "scratch/peel off" whatever layer is causing this to happen?

I can feel my nails making contact from time to time but nothing that should damage the plastic. I've typed on SP ABS and Vortex PBT (+POM) without issues.

I tried to "peel" and this is what I got. As you can see, its the purple plastic material flaking off. So... oops. haha

Offline ika

« Reply #3788 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 22:49:54 »

I can feel my nails making contact from time to time but nothing that should damage the plastic. I've typed on SP ABS and Vortex PBT (+POM) without issues.

I tried to "peel" and this is what I got. As you can see, its the purple plastic material flaking off. So... oops. haha

O.O I didn't mean for you to dig at it... D: sorry! I guess it's just the plastic itself that's really soft? strange stuff.

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3789 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 23:13:09 »

Abroad, there is a problem, how to do after? In addition, there are many keys to hair, words won't my key cap until Christmas hair?
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #3790 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:47:27 »

O.O I didn't mean for you to dig at it... D: sorry! I guess it's just the plastic itself that's really soft? strange stuff.

Haha, no worries. I knew it was going to happen but wasn't so worried since it's on the bottom.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #3791 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 01:53:27 »
It sort of looks like when happens when you bend plastic and it sort of stretches and changes color....Looks like it is very soft..which doesn't quite seem right..

Offline justnits

« Reply #3792 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 03:04:57 »
could it be that the first injection (legend's mold) hasn't cooled off enough yet before it goes through the second injection?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3793 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 06:44:16 »

thanks for the further info

if anyone has any similar issues, please contact me, the more i have to take to gmk the better, however, please do not intentionally damage your keys in anyway

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3794 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 14:50:00 »

if anyone has any similar issues, please contact me, the more i have to take to gmk the better, however, please do not intentionally damage your keys in anyway
The rabbit, Cody there how long does it take to send the latest finished goods! I well wait!
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #3795 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 15:09:55 »

The rabbit, Cody there how long does it take to send the latest finished goods! I well wait!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3796 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 15:39:19 »
I honestly feel bad for people running group buys, it is a huge hassle dealing with everything and answering the repetitive questions. It takes a special kind of commitment to run a group buy.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline R1N3

« Reply #3797 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:46:03 »
I honestly feel bad for people running group buys, it is a huge hassle dealing with everything and answering the repetitive questions. It takes a special kind of commitment to run a group buy.
bunnylake's a pretty cool guy, answers the same question probably 300 (conservative estimate) times a day and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #3798 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 17:32:15 »

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #3799 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 21:19:08 »

Show Image

:confused:bro