Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761243 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #4000 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 17:59:59 »
Will there ever be another run for this set?

No, bunny said previously that there would not. Best bet is to roam classifieds once you get 25 posts or see if Binge still has any on his store.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4001 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:09:10 »

No, bunny said previously that there would not. Best bet is to roam classifieds once you get 25 posts or see if Binge still has any on his store.

Last I saw Binge still had 4 sets left. Good luck!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4002 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:11:09 »
I totally understand the points that people are making about these guys not being a business, and having personal lives. I get that random posts of "where is my order?" are not helpful, and do nothing to further the conversation. I am familiar with how Ctrl Alt works, and I know not to expect things to be super quick given all factors involved. With that out of the way, I believe sometimes it is perfectly acceptable to post in the GB thread asking for an update to something in an appropriate and informational way.

I'm not asking for more updates if there are none to give (not necessarily anyway). But I think that there was an expectation set at the beginning of this buy to have things shipped under a certain time frame. I feel it is well obvious that we have exceeded that by a good bit. I am not over hear harboring ill will over that at all. But, people have been patient, and I for one will continue to be patient. I am sure I will get my order. But I think I have fulfilled my end of this deal by waiting calmly and without constantly needing an update. At some point it is okay for me to ask the question. I can not be the only one thinking it!

you put it better than me i just sounded like a ****

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #4003 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:50:19 »

There are none left, last I checked.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4004 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:52:16 »

There are none left, last I checked.

Ah sorry bro. There were a ton of these sold. Hopefully there will be some availability in the classifieds. Also there is DSA and DCS versions.
I'm back.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4005 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:31:50 »
I don't remember what Bunny said about the marked keys as I've been away from GH for a while. I just took a picture of what I have:

I had a hard time photographing that little bastard. There is a mark on the bottom of the key. It is perpendicular to the bottom part of the front face (if that makes any sense). I tried to rub it and all, but it didn't go off. It is not that much of a deal, I don't even know if it can be considered as damaged.

What do you think guys?

Btw if I missed my time, then nvm. ;)

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4006 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:45:05 »
I don't remember what Bunny said about the marked keys as I've been away from GH for a while. I just took a picture of what I have:
Show Image

I had a hard time photographing that little bastard. There is a mark on the bottom of the key. It is perpendicular to the bottom part of the front face (if that makes any sense). I tried to rub it and all, but it didn't go off. It is not that much of a deal, I don't even know if it can be considered as damaged.

What do you think guys?

Btw if I missed my time, then nvm. ;)

Pretty sure he mentioned to take pics of the damaged keys and PM since he's going to make a list to take to GMK for replacements at some point.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4007 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:48:06 »
yeah email or pm me pics of any missing or damaged key stuff, obviously i now have that one above

cody is getting back form holiday late tonight, and we will get cracking on wrapping the end of this up as a priority and then being able to knock out the replacement keys, either from what we have left where possible and via gmk when not

thanks
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline harlw

« Reply #4008 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:22:24 »
If anyone decides to drop out or sell I'm interested in trading an SA Retro burgundy base set or cashhhhh.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline ckywylee

« Reply #4009 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 00:52:04 »
I am still waiting for my tracking no.

Offline Yslen

« Reply #4010 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 07:20:31 »
Still no sign of that CTRL key

Hoping you forgot again

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #4011 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 07:36:45 »

Hoping you forgot again
Don't want to speak for bunny but as far as I understand any missing keys will need to get replaced by GMK first, well that was the case when I spoke to him about my missing key :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #4012 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 07:39:09 »
yeah email or pm me pics of any missing or damaged key stuff, obviously i now have that one above

cody is getting back form holiday late tonight, and we will get cracking on wrapping the end of this up as a priority and then being able to knock out the replacement keys, either from what we have left where possible and via gmk when not

thanks

Offline reggalicious

« Reply #4013 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 04:43:21 »
Still waiting on shipping info for my set.

I've got a B.Mini in the mail that is going to be waiting for to use these guys.  Hoping to get an update soon!

Offline clochette

« Reply #4014 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 04:45:11 »
Still waiting on shipping info for my set.

I've got a B.Mini in the mail that is going to be waiting for to use these guys.  Hoping to get an update soon!

i'd imagine it'll look lovely!

Offline Yslen

« Reply #4015 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 07:55:20 »

Hoping you forgot again
Don't want to speak for bunny but as far as I understand any missing keys will need to get replaced by GMK first, well that was the case when I spoke to him about my missing key :X
That's fine if its the case, I don't mind waiting so long as I'm not forgotten at the end of it all :)

Offline snowe

« Reply #4016 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:54:14 »
That's fine if its the case, I don't mind waiting so long as I'm not forgotten at the end of it all :)

This is exactly how I feel about the whole set.. Just quietly waiting... I hope they don't forget me :(

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4017 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:59:52 »
Im now back on hyperfuse full time! SA Retro is 100% complete.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4018 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 18:00:34 »
Great to hear, good luck on the packing!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #4019 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 18:04:09 »

Nice!  Great to hear.

I sent you a PM bud.  idk if you received but if you could take a look at it and let me know I'd appreciate it. 

Offline NULL`

« Reply #4020 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 20:25:11 »
I was never part of GH, but I found this place while trying to track down my order for this set.  I'm not here to complain, but to offer a suggestion.  A bit of communication would have gone a long way.  You have the email addresses of everyone that was part of the buy.  Please don't make us crawl through an 80 page thread on a bulletin board.  Just a few updates would have made this experience a thousand times better.  Things like
Order Placed
We've started shipping
We've stopped shipping
We've resumed shipping

Super simple stuff and it would have made a rather unpleasant experience much better. Personally, I placed my order for this and hack'd by geeks at the same time, not knowing they wouldn't be shipping separately.  Had I known, I would have requested they break it up.  So I dropped $250 nearly a year ago, plus I have to spend time and energy getting updates from a PHP bulletin board that I'm not even a member of.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #4021 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 21:08:55 »
I was never part of GH, but I found this place while trying to track down my order for this set.  I'm not here to complain, but to offer a suggestion.  A bit of communication would have gone a long way.  You have the email addresses of everyone that was part of the buy.  Please don't make us crawl through an 80 page thread on a bulletin board.  Just a few updates would have made this experience a thousand times better.  Things like
Order Placed
We've started shipping
We've stopped shipping
We've resumed shipping

Super simple stuff and it would have made a rather unpleasant experience much better. Personally, I placed my order for this and hack'd by geeks at the same time, not knowing they wouldn't be shipping separately.  Had I known, I would have requested they break it up.  So I dropped $250 nearly a year ago, plus I have to spend time and energy getting updates from a PHP bulletin board that I'm not even a member of.

The status is in the very first page of this thread

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4022 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 21:56:39 »
Order Placed
We've started shipping
We've stopped shipping
We've resumed shipping

You are right, you shouldn't have to, even if it was posted on the first page. I understand not all users are from geekhack.

I just implemented a newsletter system, it wasn't in place with the old website. A newsletter will be going about the new website to all users, and a blog post about current status of everything.

I just need some time to write it.... :P

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4023 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:04:07 »
Speaking updates the OP still says 50%...

I've mentioned it twice now in the last month or so both cody and bunny are super busy.

I'd honestly like to know an exact number of sets left, or at least a really close estimate.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4024 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:26:05 »

I've mentioned it twice now in the last month or so both cody and bunny are super busy.

I'd honestly like to know an exact number of sets left, or at least a really close estimate.

A little over 200.
Shipped about 200 sets so far as well.

I dont have permission to update this thread or the op or I would.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4025 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:59:12 »
Thank you Cody I honestly appreciate it. :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4026 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:38:50 »

A little over 200.

those figures dont include the large orders that have already been done either, which was for about 170 sets which all had to be sorted and counted through

we are probably at 65 - 70%

in the last 3 days, me and cody did a big push, and between us finished shipping all of jtk, retro and the keyboard community gbs

so now all of our focus can be on knocking out the end of this, and itll speed up dramatically from here

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4027 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:06:03 »

A little over 200.

those figures dont include the large orders that have already been done either, which was for about 170 sets which all had to be sorted and counted through

in the last 3 days, me and cody did a big push, and between us finished shipping all of jtk, retro and the keyboard community gbs

so now all of our focus can be on knocking out the end of this, and itll speed up dramatically from here

Thank god. Not trying to be rude here btw. This was my first group buy and I and I feel like I'm at the end of the line even though I ordered like 2 days after the set was up on ctralt. Just really frustrating for me.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4028 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:26:35 »

Thank god. Not trying to be rude here btw. This was my first group buy and I and I feel like I'm at the end of the line even though I ordered like 2 days after the set was up on ctralt. Just really frustrating for me.

Amazon has us spoiled, we're use to have the products already in stock and be at out doorstep within a few days. It was difficult for me the first few group buys as well but it seems like group buys overall have been improving. It's nice getting random suprises in the mail too.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4029 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:30:42 »

Amazon has us spoiled, we're use to have the products already in stock and be at out doorstep within a few days. It was difficult for me the first few group buys as well but it seems like group buys overall have been improving. It's nice getting random suprises in the mail too.

we will of course be running gbs in the future, but ive also recently stumped up the money and just bought some sets outright, to have in the store for immediate despatch, so that we can try and satisfy people wanting a more immediate solution

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #4030 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 13:15:29 »

I'm literally at the end of the line. I ordered via PM after the GB ended :)
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4031 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 13:27:37 »

Me too. Just hope I'll get these before Christmas  :p :eek: :p

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #4032 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:57:52 »

Just to throw a spanner into the theory as it where I also ordered at the day the GB ended and paid a week after and have my set, pretty sure its random :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline techmattr

« Reply #4033 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:58:15 »
Order Placed
We've started shipping
We've stopped shipping
We've resumed shipping

You are right, you shouldn't have to, even if it was posted on the first page. I understand not all users are from geekhack.

I just implemented a newsletter system, it wasn't in place with the old website. A newsletter will be going about the new website to all users, and a blog post about current status of everything.

I just need some time to write it.... :P

During Hack'd and Miami Twice we got email updates from some CtrlAlt email address... I don't remember the exact email. But several updates were sent out with statuses. Was that not done with these more recent buys because of the site migration? Not sure why email would be tied to it but wondering if it was related. Those emails cut down on a lot of questioning in the threads. I understand those were already sorted as well so not really a direct comparison.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4034 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 16:09:56 »
I wasn't really happy with the previous process.

There is a new system in place with Mailchimp + Mandrill that I'm very pleased with, so all group buys on ctrlalt.io will have micro updates + newsletter updates.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #4035 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 16:17:29 »
I wasn't really happy with the previous process.

There is a new system in place with Mailchimp + Mandrill that I'm very pleased with, so all group buys on ctrlalt.io will have micro updates + newsletter updates.

Looking forward to it!

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4036 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:36:53 »

I mean it's been nearly a year lol I'm not used to waiting that long for anything ;_;

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #4037 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 11:09:15 »
I mean it's been nearly a year lol I'm not used to waiting that long for anything ;_;

I'm waiting on another GB from January 2015, and I know for sure that I will receive Hyperfuse before that one.

There are a couple other GBs where people have been waiting for more than 2 years and have still not received their stuff.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4038 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 11:25:17 »

I totally understand waiting gets old but saying you've been waiting nearly a year is quite the exaggeration, at best these have been shipping for ~3 months (this thread hasn't even existed for a year yet), granted that is a long time in and of itself however many of us have hundreds of dollars sunk into other group buys that have zero signs of life.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4039 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 11:27:20 »

I'm waiting on another GB from January 2015, and I know for sure that I will receive Hyperfuse before that one.

There are a couple other GBs where people have been waiting for more than 2 years and have still not received their stuff.
GH60

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4040 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 11:59:41 »

I totally understand waiting gets old but saying you've been waiting nearly a year is quite the exaggeration, at best these have been shipping for ~3 months (this thread hasn't even existed for a year yet), granted that is a long time in and of itself however many of us have hundreds of dollars sunk into other group buys that have zero signs of life.

Receipt for the order of January 29th. That's basically 10 months. I know they haven't been shipping for 10 months but I've been waiting that long is what I'm getting at.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4041 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:13:18 »

Receipt for the order of January 29th. That's basically 10 months. I know they haven't been shipping for 10 months but I've been waiting that long is what I'm getting at.

At least you get a set. If you don't want your spot I'll buy it off of you.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4042 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:26:25 »
Guys, take a deep breath and relax.  Waiting around for a year, or two years, is nothing new.  R3 lasted for FOR. EV. ER.  So bad that when I actually got the keys, I had no clue what I had bought, and already sold the board I had originally envisioned them on.  R4 was better, but still awful.  GH60 is another (tragic) example.  If you want to buy something and want it to ship immediately, or even on schedule, it would be better to stick to in-stock items from retailers.  There are plenty of Taihao keysets on Newegg and lots of others on ebay.  With GB's, you are committing your patience and money (and maybe a little risk also) to get something that's either cheaper than everywhere else or not available anywhere else.

With this buy, you will get your set, don't worry.  But it we all have to wait until Cody can sort and package them, in his free time. 

[Binge this is not directed at you obviously; I'm so sorry you had to send out your personal set.  That situation with that proxy is awful.  I hope you get it sorted brother.]
I'm back.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4043 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:35:04 »
Guys, take a deep breath and relax.  Waiting around for a year, or two years, is nothing new.  R3 lasted for FOR. EV. ER.  So bad that when I actually got the keys, I had no clue what I had bought, and already sold the board I had originally envisioned them on.  R4 was better, but still awful.  GH60 is another (tragic) example.  If you want to buy something and want it to ship immediately, or even on schedule, it would be better to stick to in-stock items from retailers.  There are plenty of Taihao keysets on Newegg and lots of others on ebay.  With GB's, you are committing your patience and money (and maybe a little risk also) to get something that's either cheaper than everywhere else or not available anywhere else.

With this buy, you will get your set, don't worry.  But it we all have to wait until Cody can sort and package them, in his free time. 

[Binge this is not directed at you obviously; I'm so sorry you had to send out your personal set.  That situation with that proxy is awful.  I hope you get it sorted brother.]

I think it would make it easier for people to understand that they are "pre-ordering" the product like a video game. When the GB starts it is to get enough money to put in an order to GMK. By then the design usually needs to be finalized, then wait your turn for GMK to make your design, then recieve the package, and finally sort it and ship it out to everybody who participated

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4044 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:36:10 »

Whoa, I missed this story.  :(  Sorry for off topic, but can you link?  I'm assuming it's somewhere in his HyperFuse thread but I don't want to dig through.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4045 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:39:25 »

Whoa, I missed this story.  :(  Sorry for off topic, but can you link?  I'm assuming it's somewhere in his HyperFuse thread but I don't want to dig through.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74486.msg1920801#msg1920801 :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4046 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:50:30 »

Orange Ninja
I'm back.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4047 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:53:50 »

binge lemme know if you dont get this sorted, i have 3 sets of my own and dont want you to go without so ill happily send you one of mine so you have one yourself

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4048 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 13:01:05 »
Orange Ninja

I was just browsing hoping for a shipping update, seemed silly not to link something I could find easily :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4049 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 13:13:45 »

Thanks dude.  :(  Major bummer that Binge put so much effort into making the sets available to others, only to lose his own set.  :|  Hopefully it will be resolved.