Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761431 times)

Offline NULL`

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #4200 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 22:39:31 »
My little one always comes first!

Totally understand that!  A suggestion from someone who's worked in ecommerce for a long long time though. You shouldn't keep talking about how you're *about* to ship then turn around and say you haven't shipped yet.  Just pick a realistic date in the future and use that for communication.  It will lead to happier customers and fewer customer service inquiries.  Additionally, just for the sake of legal compliance, you should make it very clear on the checkout form that this is a preorder and although payment may be captured immediately, the order may not be fulfilled for a year. 

I do agree that our website lacks faq and disclaimers. I'd love some help with copywriting.
I got the keys from GMK at the end of July. So it hasn't been close to a year either.

We should have paid the extra money to get the keys sorted. It would have saved cody and bunny alot of time.

All of the extra money was spent adding additional keys to the set. You can find both mockups in the OP.
I definitely learned to not sort group buys of this magnitude by myself again.

Apologies that I wasn't clear.  When I say a year, I mean from time of purchase.  A standard ecommerce order which is compliant with all rules and regulations will authorize the payment method and retain that authorization until the order has been shipped, at which time the authorization will be captured.  Preorders are a special case where you need to be explicit in what you plan to do with the authorizations.  Any data you can save that indicates that the customer has read and accepted your terms is very helpful in case someone lodges a complaint and you find yourself audited.  Some places, like amazon, will maintain the authorization for a very long time but never capture until the order is shipped.  This is because they operate on a huge scale and would constantly need to issue refunds or be the middle man in cases where the preorder cannot be fulfilled.  When purchasing on ctrlalt, the date that was displayed with the group buy was the end date for sales, which could fall into a gray area in terms of setting customer expectations.  There are many people who purchased a year ago only seeing that date related to the end of the group buy. The reality is that you need to protect yourself when selling online.
Cheers

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4201 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 23:15:10 »

Totally understand that!  A suggestion from someone who's worked in ecommerce for a long long time though. You shouldn't keep talking about how you're *about* to ship then turn around and say you haven't shipped yet.  Just pick a realistic date in the future and use that for communication.  It will lead to happier customers and fewer customer service inquiries.  Additionally, just for the sake of legal compliance, you should make it very clear on the checkout form that this is a preorder and although payment may be captured immediately, the order may not be fulfilled for a year. 

I do agree that our website lacks faq and disclaimers. I'd love some help with copywriting.
I got the keys from GMK at the end of July. So it hasn't been close to a year either.

We should have paid the extra money to get the keys sorted. It would have saved cody and bunny alot of time.

All of the extra money was spent adding additional keys to the set. You can find both mockups in the OP.

Apologies that I wasn't clear.  When I say a year, I mean from time of purchase.  A standard ecommerce order which is compliant with all rules and regulations will authorize the payment method and retain that authorization until the order has been shipped, at which time the authorization will be captured.  Preorders are a special case where you need to be explicit in what you plan to do with the authorizations.  Any data you can save that indicates that the customer has read and accepted your terms is very helpful in case someone lodges a complaint and you find yourself audited.  Some places, like amazon, will maintain the authorization for a very long time but never capture until the order is shipped.  This is because they operate on a huge scale and would constantly need to issue refunds or be the middle man in cases where the preorder cannot be fulfilled.  When purchasing on ctrlalt, the date that was displayed with the group buy was the end date for sales, which could fall into a gray area in terms of setting customer expectations.  There are many people who purchased a year ago only seeing that date related to the end of the group buy. The reality is that you need to protect yourself when selling online.
Cheers

While I agree what we need disclaimers for our website. I would place them strictly just to let people unfamiliar with our group buys know. (redditors, other forums)

We operate way differently and aren't really a "company". We are a group of friends and this is just a website we made to keep track of everything. Our sister site aims to be more compliant and I'd love to speak with you more about that later. I do appreciate the concerns.

I have realized the date is misleading if your unfamiliar and I've added an explicit shipping date/eta to all group buys to help avoid this confusion.

I've looked into authorization and capture before and Stripe only allows us to hold the authorization for 7 days which doesn't really work for us in any situation. However we are currently evaluating the alternatives for upcoming group buys.

Offline NULL`

« Reply #4202 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 23:39:14 »

Cheers

While I agree what we need disclaimers for our website. I would place them strictly just to let people unfamiliar with our group buys know. (redditors, other forums)

We operate way differently and aren't really a "company". We are a group of friends and this is just a website we made to keep track of everything. Our sister site aims to be more compliant and I'd love to speak with you more about that later. I do appreciate the concerns.

I have realized the date is misleading if your unfamiliar and I've added an explicit shipping date/eta to all group buys to help avoid this confusion.

I've looked into authorization and capture before and Stripe only allows us to hold the authorization for 7 days which doesn't really work for us in any situation. However we are currently evaluating the alternatives for upcoming group buys.

Very cool.  I'm happy to talk if you ever want assistance.  As for not being a business, you operate a publicly available ecommerce site, accept direct-to-consumer and wholesale orders, and maintain certain level of copyright and IP rights, so if push came to shove, a government agency would definitely hold you accountable as a business.  Just be sure to cover your ass where possible.  I've worked for companies under the scrutiny of the FTC and other government agencies and they're all pretty vindictive.  As for the auths, if I were in your shoes I would stick to the immediate auth/capture model with a disclaimer.  The alternative is to enter into a cycle of reauthorizing every auth on a regular schedule.  Each card issuing bank has their own expiration cycle, so around every 7 days would probably work. (I think they range from 10 - 14 days normally).  That would also put you in the position where people who ordered in January may not have funds available in July, throwing your numbers off.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4203 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 00:30:22 »
Did mine ship? I want to make sure I know it's coming because I might be moving soon.

I might have to do a change of address in the next couple weeks if the set isn't already on it's way.

Thanks.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #4204 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 17:30:02 »

Cheers

Very cool.  I'm happy to talk if you ever want assistance.  As for not being a business, you operate a publicly available ecommerce site, accept direct-to-consumer and wholesale orders, and maintain certain level of copyright and IP rights, so if push came to shove, a government agency would definitely hold you accountable as a business.  Just be sure to cover your ass where possible.  I've worked for companies under the scrutiny of the FTC and other government agencies and they're all pretty vindictive.  As for the auths, if I were in your shoes I would stick to the immediate auth/capture model with a disclaimer.  The alternative is to enter into a cycle of reauthorizing every auth on a regular schedule.  Each card issuing bank has their own expiration cycle, so around every 7 days would probably work. (I think they range from 10 - 14 days normally).  That would also put you in the position where people who ordered in January may not have funds available in July, throwing your numbers off.

I don't think authorising people's credit cards for the entire GB process is going to useful whatsoever considering that CTRL ALT has to send something like 50 thousand euros to GMK to get this stuff made

Offline Poostar

« Reply #4205 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 17:48:49 »
Has anyone received the email yet? Still nothing here..

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #4206 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 18:04:38 »
Still nothing here too

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4207 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:27:31 »
Nada.

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4208 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:36:40 »
nothing here either

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #4209 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:39:40 »
Nothing for me yet either but I really hope my change of address went through on the old site!  :confused:
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline ehwc

« Reply #4210 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:41:01 »
No email/notification here

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4211 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:56:43 »
We've waited this long...a few more days is no big deal :-/
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4212 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 20:01:25 »
eyy

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #4213 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 20:08:45 »

This should not be a default response for these things.

Updates have been made stating that sorting has been "completed" and that shipping will be done the following days multiple times already.

I understand people have lives and whatnot, but don't get peoples hopes up.

It's like the manager that tells you every Friday that you can leave work early it the work gets done quicker. Then, after the first month you realize it's all a facade. :))

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4214 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 20:09:46 »

Updates have been made stating that sorting has been "completed" and that shipping will be done the following days multiple times already.

It's like the manager that tells you every Friday that you can leave work early it the work gets done quicker. Then, after the first month you realize it's all a facade. :))

I'm mainly trying to convince myself. Hold me.
I'm back.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4215 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 20:17:56 »
Im still shipping guys, youll get a notification when the label is printed...

I'll post another update when complete. I am just going down the list.  :)

I'm sorry for the letdowns and missed dates, I can't really get into whats going on in my life but I am extremely stressed out and hyperfuse really is my #1 priority.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #4216 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 20:18:34 »

I'm mainly trying to convince myself. Hold me.

We are all in this together guys.  :'(

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #4217 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 20:29:42 »
Those of us who managed to jump in after the cancellation of those 7 or 8 Korean orders, will we receive tracking info too?
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline camuschen

« Reply #4218 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 00:16:13 »

I'm sorry for the letdowns and missed dates, I can't really get into whats going on in my life but I am extremely stressed out and hyperfuse really is my #1 priority.

Hello, i'm in China
i have not receive the information,
I sent you PM and email to change my address a few days ago, could i?

Offline evera

« Reply #4219 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 02:23:33 »

I appreciate your hard work, Cody!

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #4220 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 07:55:20 »
has anyone received a shipping notification yet?

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4221 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:41:03 »
~25ish orders have gone out so far.

Just made some more upgrades. If you made multiple orders I may merge them together and cancel one. Please do not be alarmed and check the quantity on your order.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4222 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:53:18 »

Just made some more upgrades. If you made multiple orders I may merge them together and cancel one. Please do not be alarmed and check the quantity on your order.

Thanks for the update Cody. 

Does this affect PM orders yet,  or rather do we have an idea when they may start?

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4223 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:00:05 »

Does this affect PM orders yet,  or rather do we have an idea when they may start?

Right after I'm done with website orders I'll start with PM orders.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4224 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:01:27 »
Congratulations to everyone who has incoming orders. I know ya'll have been waiting about a year for this. Make sure to post lots of pics for those without the set.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4225 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:03:30 »

Right after I'm done with website orders I'll start with PM orders.

Awesome!!  How many website orders are remaining?  If I've missed a link sorry,  just excited :)

Offline harlw

« Reply #4226 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 10:14:14 »

Thanks for the communication and updates Cody, iz vnice.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #4227 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:35:37 »
Will you update the orders with the tracking number on the history.ctrlalt.io page, or is that one deprecated?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4228 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 06:47:59 »
Will you update the orders with the tracking number on the history.ctrlalt.io page, or is that one deprecated?

i believe it will update on history.ctrlalt.io and that you will get an email but ill let cody confirm for sure
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4229 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 08:06:49 »
Thanks for the hard work Cody, et. al.

Looking forward to getting my sets!
I'm back.

Offline archer

« Reply #4230 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 09:59:26 »
Still no tracking no... yeesh, I must've ordered late! looking forward to seeing this set in person  :thumb:

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4231 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:04:57 »
Still no tracking no... yeesh, I must've ordered late! looking forward to seeing this set in person  :thumb:
I don't think they are going out in the order which they were received.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline witbliz

« Reply #4232 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:21:35 »
Hi Bunny & cody

Will these reach us by end of February ? I'm currently changing Jobs and might need to know when is the expected date of arrival ?

Regards

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4233 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 11:57:42 »
It isn't based off when you ordered. I kinda wish it was considering I ordered the day after the group buy started and still don't have my set. People who bought sets from a third party seller have their sets before I do and I think that's ridiculous.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4234 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:10:53 »
It definitely isn't ideal and sure it wasn't their intent...

I think it was a good learning experience for any large GBs that, even though their intentions were for the benefit of the community (You will get a bunch of extras as a result), pay for sorting...

I'm sure cody has spent many many many hours (for free) sorting these so I'm sure it hasn't been great for him either..

They're almost done...probably a few months longer than many have hoped for but for a GB, I don't think that is a big deal at all...

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4235 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:23:59 »
It definitely isn't ideal and sure it wasn't their intent...

I think it was a good learning experience for any large GBs that, even though their intentions were for the benefit of the community (You will get a bunch of extras as a result), pay for sorting...

I'm sure cody has spent many many many hours (for free) sorting these so I'm sure it hasn't been great for him either..

They're almost done...probably a few months longer than many have hoped for but for a GB, I don't think that is a big deal at all...

I never said it was their intent it just sucks. This is my first experience with a group buy and I'm not used to waiting more than a month for anything.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #4236 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:38:10 »

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4237 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:48:32 »
There are 85 pages and I'm not going through all of them .. lol

I picked up one of the sets through a trade and I have a question.

Bunns, I was wondering if there was a reason why the F & J keys don't have homing bumps?

Also, happen to know of anywhere I could order them from? (Think wasd custom caps)
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:51:18 by tigersharkdude »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4238 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 17:07:35 »

Bunns, I was wondering if there was a reason why the F & J keys don't have homing bumps?

Also, happen to know of anywhere I could order them from? (Think wasd custom caps)

They opted for scoops rather than bumps. Not sure about getting replacements with bumps, might be difficult finding the same color.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4239 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 17:09:32 »

They opted for scoops rather than bumps. Not sure about getting replacements with bumps, might be difficult finding the same color.

Just noticed that they are scooped (when you said it). I guess they just arent super noticeable, ill give it a few days before i further explore my options

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4240 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 17:11:29 »
Hi Bunny & cody

Will these reach us by end of February ? I'm currently changing Jobs and might need to know when is the expected date of arrival ?

Regards

yeah, the majority of orders should be completed this week

there will be a few we may not be able to complete due to missing or damaged keys but we are having those replaced via gmk

but 99% of orders will be out in the coming days

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4241 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 17:12:25 »

the basic reason is simply i and the majority of others tend to prefer scoops

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4242 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 17:37:22 »

Im sure i will be there with time, right now im just like

Offline drewba

« Reply #4243 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 17:44:43 »

Im sure i will be there with time, right now im just like
Show Image

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4244 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:26:40 »

A good number of users prefer scoops..but a fair amount also prefer bars...I think it has been gaining some momentum lately..enough to make them an option or extras in a GMK group buy (they will do both scoops and bars).  There are at least as many users that prefer bars that would use any of the extra layouts so it makes sense to have them...

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4245 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:28:11 »

A good number of users prefer scoops..but a fair amount also prefer bars...I think it has been gaining some momentum lately..enough to make them an option or extras in a GMK group buy (they will do both scoops and bars).  There are at least as many users that prefer bars that would use any of the extra layouts so it makes sense to have them...

To be fair, this set was produced almost a year ago. Several more recent sets have included both options.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #4246 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:43:02 »

We have had this discussion more than 3 times in this thread...
Don't do it

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4247 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:45:26 »

We have had this discussion more than 3 times in this thread...
Don't do it

RIP summer 2015

We'll never get it back

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4248 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 08:30:14 »
history.ctrlalt.io is currently in read only mode whilst we get the end of these hyper orders sent out over the next day or so

if you have any address changes shoot them over to cody

thanks

Offline skuko

« Reply #4249 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:00:48 »
hey bun sir,

just out of curiosity, would there be any extras available perhaps? if so, shoot me a PM good sir, thank you.