Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761015 times)

Offline jujubii

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #4250 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:27:32 »
Hi Bunny & cody

Will these reach us by end of February ? I'm currently changing Jobs and might need to know when is the expected date of arrival ?

Regards

yeah, the majority of orders should be completed this week

there will be a few we may not be able to complete due to missing or damaged keys but we are having those replaced via gmk

but 99% of orders will be out in the coming days

for those orders with missing or damaged keys, is it possible to initiate contact with GMK now or as soon as possible?

I've been following and waiting patiently for a while now and it seems that both you and Cody have known that there are missing keys (but it has not been reported that you guys have done anything about it; just that you will be doing something about it). Would it make sense to let GMK know, since you guys already know, so that can start fulfilling replacements while Cody sorts through everything out?

I'm expressing this concern because it would be extremely disappointing for those individuals to have waited a year (yes i know it took gmk 6months to produce and another 6months to sort) and then wait another 7months to get set (6months to produce + 1month to ship and sort... just a guess).

edit: to add. yes, i do feel left out and ignored. there was a lot of effort to get things sorted and shipped when hyperfuse first arrived but it has since plateaued with ctrlatl's other groupbuy obligations. I understand that you guys have had your own problems and holidays were around the corner. but you guys have been saying that there are going to be a few individuals who are not going to get their orders for the aforementioned reason. it would make sense, at least to me, to initiate contact with gmk to get those issue sorted out so that gmk can be fulfilling while you guys are sorting.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:34:14 by jujubii »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4251 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:28:53 »
Contact has been initiated, however we could not give final numbers of missing or damaged keys until sorting had concluded or it would just be guess work
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Jarrett

« Reply #4252 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:34:07 »
Hey Bunny,

When trying to view my order on history.ctrlalt.io, clicking on the link to the order loops me back to history.ctralt.io

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4253 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:57:40 »
Hey Bunny,

When trying to view my order on history.ctrlalt.io, clicking on the link to the order loops me back to history.ctralt.io

Correct, a couple of posts above I commented on that, and it says when you land on the home page it's currently in read only mode

We just made some changes to make shipping easier and it'll be back to normal soon

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4254 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:09:47 »
Hi Bunny & cody

Will these reach us by end of February ? I'm currently changing Jobs and might need to know when is the expected date of arrival ?

Regards

there will be a few we may not be able to complete due to missing or damaged keys but we are having those replaced via gmk

for those orders with missing or damaged keys, is it possible to initiate contact with GMK now or as soon as possible?

I've been following and waiting patiently for a while now and it seems that both you and Cody have known that there are missing keys (but it has not been reported that you guys have done anything about it; just that you will be doing something about it). Would it make sense to let GMK know, since you guys already know, so that can start fulfilling replacements while Cody sorts through everything out?

I'm expressing this concern because it would be extremely disappointing for those individuals to have waited a year (yes i know it took gmk 6months to produce and another 6months to sort) and then wait another 7months to get set (6months to produce + 1month to ship and sort... just a guess).

edit: to add. yes, i do feel left out and ignored. there was a lot of effort to get things sorted and shipped when hyperfuse first arrived but it has since plateaued with ctrlatl's other groupbuy obligations. I understand that you guys have had your own problems and holidays were around the corner. but you guys have been saying that there are going to be a few individuals who are not going to get their orders for the aforementioned reason. it would make sense, at least to me, to initiate contact with gmk to get those issue sorted out so that gmk can be fulfilling while you guys are sorting.

I feel like they want to get a total list of missing or damaged keycaps after they ship everything they have in stock rather than giving GMK a short list and updating whenever someone else brings up a complaint
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4255 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:41:33 »
Bunns, I was wondering if there was a reason why the F & J keys don't have homing bumps?

A good number of users prefer scoops..but a fair amount also prefer bars...I think it has been gaining some momentum lately..enough to make them an option or extras in a GMK group buy (they will do both scoops and bars).  There are at least as many users that prefer bars that would use any of the extra layouts so it makes sense to have them...

To be fair, this set was produced almost a year ago. Several more recent sets have included both options.

Yeap..and I think that's been great.  People are complaining about discussing it but if it was never brought up, the options to have them wouldn't be there.

I have no issues with Hyperfuse not having it...but I'm really happy some subsequent ones do...

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #4256 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 05:24:20 »
Tracking information received! That really makes my day! :-) Thanks guys.

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #4257 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 05:33:14 »
Got my tracking as well. Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4258 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 06:10:24 »
100 orders packed so far and notifications sent and packing is still continuing

Offline Want

« Reply #4259 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:04:06 »
Got me some tracking. Thanks Bunny, Cody!

Offline spoonypirate

« Reply #4260 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 09:09:22 »
Just got my notification, can't wait!  :-*

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #4261 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 09:54:52 »
I got my tracking and I'm so excited!! Thanks Bunny and Cody  :)

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4262 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 10:08:34 »
Got my tracking number and I was over whelmed with joy

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4263 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 11:11:32 »
I got my tracking number, but it only lists HF on the notice. Did my Hack'd set get in there too?  I expect to receive both of these at the same time. Please, please make sure that both my sets get sent to me. Maybe the notice just listed one of the two.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4264 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 11:17:05 »
I got my tracking number, but it only lists HF on the notice. Did my Hack'd set get in there too?  I expect to receive both of these at the same time. Please, please make sure that both my sets get sent to me. Maybe the notice just listed one of the two.

We will make sure everything gets sorted whatever the case good sir

So if you get anything other than what you are expecting just shoot me a pm

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #4265 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 11:18:08 »
Hey guys! Bit of an odd request.

Does anyone have a spare ISO adapter kit. I am after a few specific keys. Mainly the enter,# and short shift.

I am willing to buy individual keys or the kit as a hole. Will of course pay.

May be a chance for someone to make money off an ISO kit that didn't end up needing it.

I would be so grateful. It would make my current setup look super snazzy.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4266 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 11:22:37 »

We will make sure everything gets sorted whatever the case good sir

So if you get anything other than what you are expecting just shoot me a pm

I had a similar issue, but I've sent a PM to cody already. Should I send one to you as well?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4267 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 11:25:51 »
I don't know if it only lists one set due to the changes made in the new site or if Cody is splitting the order for speed to get as much packed as possible, as we will have near 200 orders out in 24 hours

Whatever the case I'll make sure everything gets sorted out

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4268 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 11:28:03 »
I don't know if it only lists one set due to the changes made in the new site or if Cody is splitting the order for speed to get as much packed as possible, as we will have near 200 orders out in 24 hours

Well, my notification lists Hyperfuse and Miami, but not Hack'd. So I dunno if Hack'd is just not getting listed, or what. But thanks for the reassurances, I appreciate it.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4269 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 11:46:26 »

I am going to be very honest, and I realize that may not be a super popular thing to do. I mean no disrespect at all, and nothing is personal but...

I have waited a really long time for that set. I've done it quietly and without fuss. When I opted to have the shipping combined - which I realize is a choice I made, and not your fault in anyway, I was under the impression everything would ship close together since that is what we were told.  I totally understand and have been very patient waiting to work through the HF orders so I can get my Hack'd set. I have not posted over and over again for an update. I recognize you guys are not a business, that you have lives and that family always comes first (as it absolutely should).

But...I am really going to be unhappy if my Hack'd set got over looked in the process of getting more HF sets out. It means I'll have to wait even longer to get something that most people have had for months. And honestly, I question if I will get it at all. I see these GB and there always seems to be a few stragglers, a few people that have an unending cycle of waiting and never get what they are looking for. My singular goal with all of this at this point is to not be that person.

And I know someone is going to say this is OT for the HF thread, and that I should take it to PM. But I have been waiting on Hack'd because of HF, so it is not off topic in my opinion. As for PMs, I think sometimes things are better off out in the open. I am not asking for any kind of riot or anything negative. But I do think that if people aren't open and truthful about how they feel it leaves very little room for things to ever get better.

I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into what you guys do. And maybe I said all of that for nothing because Hack'd will be in the box. Let's hope.

Thanks.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #4270 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 12:12:00 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:11:26 by Khers »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4271 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 12:24:20 »

I am going to be very honest, and I realize that may not be a super popular thing to do. I mean no disrespect at all, and nothing is personal but...

I have waited a really long time for that set. I've done it quietly and without fuss. When I opted to have the shipping combined - which I realize is a choice I made, and not your fault in anyway, I was under the impression everything would ship close together since that is what we were told.  I totally understand and have been very patient waiting to work through the HF orders so I can get my Hack'd set. I have not posted over and over again for an update. I recognize you guys are not a business, that you have lives and that family always comes first (as it absolutely should).

But...I am really going to be unhappy if my Hack'd set got over looked in the process of getting more HF sets out. It means I'll have to wait even longer to get something that most people have had for months. And honestly, I question if I will get it at all. I see these GB and there always seems to be a few stragglers, a few people that have an unending cycle of waiting and never get what they are looking for. My singular goal with all of this at this point is to not be that person.

And I know someone is going to say this is OT for the HF thread, and that I should take it to PM. But I have been waiting on Hack'd because of HF, so it is not off topic in my opinion. As for PMs, I think sometimes things are better off out in the open. I am not asking for any kind of riot or anything negative. But I do think that if people aren't open and truthful about how they feel it leaves very little room for things to ever get better.

I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into what you guys do. And maybe I said all of that for nothing because Hack'd will be in the box. Let's hope.

Thanks.

And if the isn't, as I posted earlier I'll get it sorted for you right away

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4272 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 12:45:31 »
Is tracking sent through email or only on the site?

Offline mason

« Reply #4273 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 12:52:20 »

I got mine through email

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4274 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 13:00:02 »

I got mine through email
Ok. So I didn't get a notice, yet.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #4275 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 14:23:17 »
Got my shipping notification as well

Excited :)

Thanks for the hard work guys! Cody is cranking this things out!

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4276 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 16:14:30 »
As for PMs, I think sometimes things are better off out in the open. I am not asking for any kind of riot or anything negative. But I do think that if people aren't open and truthful about how they feel it leaves very little room for things to ever get better.

I definitely think there is room for improvement on a lot of the GBs...I think there were a lot of lessons learned here and anyone reading the thread would see that as well..

But people have to remember - you are not buying from a store.  These things do take time.   They often take a lot longer than people expect...if you're not ok with that, don't go into a GB...

There are plenty of people that will just refuse to buy from a GB..and they'll just try to source it after if they really want it..maybe they can get it later for less..maybe more..but they don't have to worry about waiting months and months...

Unfortunately, more than a few GBs end up being total screw ups...but if you stick w/ the guys that have a good rep, you'll be ok...

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4277 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 16:20:20 »
As for PMs, I think sometimes things are better off out in the open. I am not asking for any kind of riot or anything negative. But I do think that if people aren't open and truthful about how they feel it leaves very little room for things to ever get better.

I definitely think there is room for improvement on a lot of the GBs...I think there were a lot of lessons learned here and anyone reading the thread would see that as well..

But people have to remember - you are not buying from a store.  These things do take time.   They often take a lot longer than people expect...if you're not ok with that, don't go into a GB...

There are plenty of people that will just refuse to buy from a GB..and they'll just try to source it after if they really want it..maybe they can get it later for less..maybe more..but they don't have to worry about waiting months and months...

Unfortunately, more than a few GBs end up being total screw ups...but if you stick w/ the guys that have a good rep, you'll be ok...
I will not address most of this, since I have desire to derail this thread. But I will say that I do know that they are not a business (I even pointed it out in my post). I also know that they took money and set an expectation. And business or not, expectations matter.

I know I sound salty. Perhaps I am. I don't mean to take away from any of the good work that has been done. And that  is all I plan on saying on this topic for now.

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4278 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 00:30:28 »
Hey guys! Bit of an odd request.

Does anyone have a spare ISO adapter kit. I am after a few specific keys. Mainly the enter,# and short shift.

I am willing to buy individual keys or the kit as a hole. Will of course pay.

May be a chance for someone to make money off an ISO kit that didn't end up needing it.

I would be so grateful. It would make my current setup look super snazzy.

If you're in the US I can probably ship you mine. Just not familiar with the shipping process ;_;

Offline NULL`

« Reply #4279 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 04:47:15 »

I will not address most of this, since I have desire to derail this thread. But I will say that I do know that they are not a business (I even pointed it out in my post). I also know that they took money and set an expectation. And business or not, expectations matter.

I know I sound salty. Perhaps I am. I don't mean to take away from any of the good work that has been done. And that  is all I plan on saying on this topic for now.

It's not really about being salty.  For better or worse, some huge mistakes were made.  Hopefully this will be a learning experience for everyone. Alot of the issues were based on communication and the way ctrlalt's updates were perceived:
* The responsibility of communication was put on the consumer.  Customers are asked to either directly contact ctrlalt or read through a forum post for updates.  Updates should have been made regularly throughout the process, even if ctrlalt could no longer use mailchimp.  The idea that a tech savvy group couldn't send off a couple of blasts even via sendgrid seemed disingenuous.
* The expectation was set multiple times that orders would be fulfilled imminently, followed by a period of silence and the update that there will be a delay.  This made it clear that dates were based on hopes rather than reality
* Customers who believed that their orders were being fulfilled were notified that there would be delays while wholesale orders took priority.  This should either have been accounted for before making announcements, or phrased in a way that didn't imply that retail orders are less important than wholesale orders.
* The technology for fulfilling these orders was rebuilt after many orders had been placed.  The implication being either 1) The technology was never suitable to fulfill all of the orders, or 2) Priority was again taken away from fulfillment for a non-essential purpose. 
* The communication that this is *not* a business was reiterated multiple times.  After you've taken someone's money, it's unsettling to hear you argue that you're less accountable than previously assumed.  At least lay off that topic while you're holding on thousands of dollars of other people's money.  In the strictest sense, a business is any entity that hopes to achieve some profit from their current endeavor or similar endeavors that have taken place or are planned, so chances are ctrlalt actually is a business.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4280 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 04:50:07 »

It's not really about being salty.  For better or worse, some huge mistakes were made.  Hopefully this will be a learning experience for everyone. Alot of the issues were based on communication and the way ctrlalt's updates were perceived:
* The responsibility of communication was put on the consumer.  Customers are asked to either directly contact ctrlalt or read through a forum post for updates.  Updates should have been made regularly throughout the process, even if ctrlalt could no longer use mailchimp.  The idea that a tech savvy group couldn't send off a couple of blasts even via sendgrid seemed disingenuous.
* The expectation was set multiple times that orders would be fulfilled imminently, followed by a period of silence and the update that there will be a delay.  This made it clear that dates were based on hopes rather than reality
* Customers who believed that their orders were being fulfilled were notified that there would be delays while wholesale orders took priority.  This should either have been accounted for before making announcements, or phrased in a way that didn't imply that retail orders are less important than wholesale orders.
* The technology for fulfilling these orders was rebuilt after many orders had been placed.  The implication being either 1) The technology was never suitable to fulfill all of the orders, or 2) Priority was again taken away from fulfillment for a non-essential purpose. 
* The communication that this is *not* a business was reiterated multiple times.  After you've taken someone's money, it's unsettling to hear you argue that you're less accountable than previously assumed.  At least lay off that topic while you're holding on thousands of dollars of other people's money.  In the strictest sense, a business is any entity that hopes to achieve some profit from their current endeavor or similar endeavors that have taken place or are planned, so chances are ctrlalt actually is a business.

There is so much false and wrongly assumed information in that post

Offline NULL`

« Reply #4281 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 04:53:38 »

But that's my point, isn't it?  So much was unclear.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4282 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:05:54 »

But that's my point, isn't it?  So much was was unclear.

or too much was assumed

ill try and reply as best as i can but im looking after the baby right now so one finger typing

firstly

one huge mistake was made, and that was not having the sets pre sorted, the reason for this was an honest mistake, we wanted to accommodate as many peoples requests for extra keys as possible, we felt that it was something we could do, but with as many orders as we had, it turned in to a huge job, not just about time but just logistically in general

any time i gave an update on a timeframe, that is because it was given to me, if i am told something will be done by a certain time, i will of course update that, as i always update any new info, if this is not met, its entirely out of my control, all i am doing is forwarding on information as is requested

i post constant updates on the gb thread, which is where we have always posted updates, we are a group of people on geekhack, i dont post gbs anywhere else, the website is an order form, the gb thread is for information on the gb

nobodies orders were delayed due to wholesale orders, we dont accept wholsesale orders, people are welcome to order as many sets as they like, i assume you are referring to binge and just because he ordered 100 sets, doesnt mean he should be put to the back of the line, he ordered just like everyone else

yeah we have upgraded the site during this period, things like this happen during times when packing isnt possible, and to streamline the overall process

we did not hope to achieve a profit with this and nor did we, what i hoped to achieve was making the keyset i have always wanted and i achieved that, just because we make a nice website doesnt mean this is any different from any other gb, ctrl alt is no more a business than any of these people

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70595.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66550.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78489.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77618.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64915.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75491.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71551.0

the website was born out of my reluctance to use google docs which i hate, and we have just improved and finetuned it based on our growing needs as we have gone along

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4283 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:13:27 »

Sounds pretty accurate to me there is no point in denying it just own up to it and agree you'd make people happy, brush it of oh well. It'd be better instead of triggering another random reddit post complaining about ctrlalt. People are afraid to comment because any reply to their complaints comes of brash and has people coming and circle jerking by protecting ctrlalt. People paid money for a product and all they want is information/updates and ultimately their goods. Someone from ctrlalt has been commenting how orders will be going out later that night or in 24 hours but everyday its getting delayed. I don't get it instead of getting peoples hope up you are just seriously disappointing some.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4284 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:19:32 »

Sounds pretty accurate to me there is no point in denying it just own up to it and agree you'd make people happy, brush it of oh well. It'd be better instead of triggering another random reddit post complaining about ctrlalt. People are afraid to comment because any reply to their complaints comes of brash and has people coming and circle jerking by protecting ctrlalt. People paid money for a product and all they want is information/updates and ultimately their goods. Someone from ctrlalt has been commenting how orders will be going out later that night or in 24 hours but everyday its getting delayed. I don't get it instead of getting peoples hope up you are just seriously disappointing some.

im not gonna say something is accurate that isnt because of fear of backlash

not sure why everyone is kicking off now, we nearly completed shipping yesterday, and are finishing off at the moment

as mentioned before, all i can do is report what im told, if im told something will be done, i update people, im not the one sorting and shipping this buy

for a lot of people, life isnt just about keycaps, some poeple have other obligations and considerations that take priority, and the best intentions and efforts in the world dont change that

however

we are at the end of that now, everything is sorted

nearly 200 orders were shipped in 24 hours, cody has crashed, and will finish up when hes up

Offline NULL`

« Reply #4285 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:21:44 »

or too much was assumed

ill try and reply as best as i can but im looking after the baby right now so one finger typing

firstly

one huge mistake was made, and that was not having the sets pre sorted, the reason for this was an honest mistake, we wanted to accommodate as many peoples requests for extra keys as possible, we felt that it was something we could do, but with as many orders as we had, it turned in to a huge job, not just about time but just logistically in general

any time i gave an update on a timeframe, that is because it was given to me, if i am told something will be done by a certain time, i will of course update that, as i always update any new info, if this is not met, its entirely out of my control, all i am doing is forwarding on information as is requested

i post constant updates on the gb thread, which is where we have always posted updates, we are a group of people on geekhack, i dont post gbs anywhere else, the website is an order form, the gb thread is for information on the gb

nobodies orders were delayed due to wholesale orders, we dont accept wholsesale orders, people are welcome to order as many sets as they like, i assume you are referring to binge and just because he ordered 100 sets, doesnt mean he should be put to the back of the line, he ordered just like everyone else

yeah we have upgraded the site during this period, things like this happen during times when packing isnt possible, and to streamline the overall process

we did not hope to achieve a profit with this and nor did we, what i hoped to achieve was making the keyset i have always wanted and i achieved that, just because we make a nice website doesnt mean this is any different from any other gb, ctrl alt is no more a business than any of these people

the website was born out of my reluctance to use google docs which i hate, and we have just improved and finetuned it based on our growing needs as we have gone along

I get what you're saying, but please hear me out.  I'm talking about the perception and communication.  You're addressing what is technically accurate, but honestly no one beyond yourself knows what is true.  I'm offering you suggestions on how to streamline things in the future to make the experience less jarring for the customers.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4286 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:26:54 »

or too much was assumed

firstly

I get what you're saying, but please hear me out.  I'm talking about the perception and communication.  You're addressing what is technically accurate, but honestly no one beyond yourself knows what is true.  I'm offering you suggestions on how to streamline things in the future to make the experience less jarring for the customers.

well i appreciate that,

sadly what happens is people make assumptions, and others take that to be fact

we have added updates now on the site, they appear at the very top of the gb page, however i do need to get better at using them

its no excuse but having just become a father 3 months ago, my whole life and thought pattern is entirely centred around that, so whilst it doesnt excuse perhaps not being as communicative as people would like, i hope that at least offers an explanation in part

i also incorrectly make assumptions, in that, we open a gb on gh, and i assume that people who order through the gb are part of the gh community, and therefor can follow updates through gh, as this is increasingly not the case, we have made changes to update on the site as well

there have been some issues with this buy, but all of them stem from the fact of not anticipating how much work sorting would be for cody, should this buy have come presorted, it would have not only solved almost all the issues, but have been able to be shipped in less time than it took to sort the first 50 sets, let alone the next 500

Offline NULL`

« Reply #4287 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:36:45 »

or too much was assumed

firstly

well i appreciate that,

sadly what happens is people make assumptions, and others take that to be fact

we have added updates now on the site, they appear at the very top of the gb page, however i do need to get better at using them

its no excuse but having just become a father 3 months ago, my whole life and thought pattern is entirely centred around that, so whilst it doesnt excuse perhaps not being as communicative as people would like, i hope that at least offers an explanation in part

i also incorrectly make assumptions, in that, we open a gb on gh, and i assume that people who order through the gb are part of the gh community, and therefor can follow updates through gh, as this is increasingly not the case, we have made changes to update on the site as well

there have been some issues with this buy, but all of them stem from the fact of not anticipating how much work sorting would be for cody, should this buy have come presorted, it would have not only solved almost all the issues, but have been able to be shipped in less time than it took to sort the first 50 sets, let alone the next 500

I get it.  Good luck with the new dad gig!
I just wanted to pass on what I've learned from dealing with large groups of customers and ecommerce.  I wouldn't even say it's sad that people make assumptions.  It's really more predictable.  It's one of those 'the best defense is a good offense' scenarios.  Preemptive communication will always always always lead to happier, better informed customers and fewer customer service inquires.  Ultimately that's going to save you time and make things easier for you too.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4288 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:45:57 »
Thank you sir, clear constructive advice is always well appreciated when it's not rude or insulting as is often the case

We aren't businessmen here, just keyboard fans with little or no experience doing the best we can, clearly that best sometimes falls short but we can only hope to improve

Offline Kirfloof

« Reply #4289 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 07:22:34 »
Watching my inbox like a hawk, but nothing yet... here's hoping for success in this last session to come, this is the 1% no one wants to end up in.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #4290 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 09:10:03 »
Too much salt in this 86 page thread.
I received my shipping information just 2 days ago, still I did not post a single salty comment here in the past year.
I knew ctrl.alt is a trustworthy seller and that was all I needed to know.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4291 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 09:14:47 »
Are pm orders/purchases being updated on the site, or will those just be sent out without an update? =)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4292 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 09:27:11 »
Are pm orders/purchases being updated on the site, or will those just be sent out without an update? =)

ill be confirming addresses via pm and then updating tracking via pm upon request as we have no way of adding them to the site yet

Offline WoozieBiscuit

« Reply #4293 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 09:58:33 »
Will absolutely everyone receive their tracking numbers by email? I just don't want to have to log into the old website every 12 hours to check for mine.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4294 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 10:10:03 »

ill be confirming addresses via pm and then updating tracking via pm upon request as we have no way of adding them to the site yet

best news I've heard in a while :) thanks bunny and cody!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #4295 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:20:32 »
Just out of curiosity, whay does GMK charge to have sets presorted?

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #4296 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:20:56 »

Hi BunnyLake,

Thank you for updating this. As you said, there will be a few, which is 1%, that you may not be able to complete due to missing or damage keys. If you don't mind, would you please let me know who may fall into this 1%?
Is there any particular priority sorting method when the orders will be shipping out like :
+ first-come-first-serve method
+ Quantity (e.g. the one who orders higher number of set will receive earlier)
+ Geekhack ID alphabetical order
+ orderID (e.g. who places the order first, which has lower of #OrderID, will receive earlier)
+ based on customer relationship (e.g. the one who is closer or more regular or friendlier with ctrlalt will receive first)
+ based on a decision maker (e.g. there is a decision maker who made a decision who will receive the order first and who will receive later)
+ randomly based on nothing
As you can see I ordered right on the day this GB opened and performed the payment via Paypal instantly (~29/1/2015). The reason I want to know the method of you are using in order to ship the rest of the order out is because I want to get prepared just in case my order may get delayed longer.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:44:33 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline joey

« Reply #4297 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:24:20 »
Because it's more work for them?

Offline mason

« Reply #4298 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:26:22 »
Because it's more work for them?

I think he was asking about the price to get caps sorted

Offline joey

« Reply #4299 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:28:07 »
Ambiguous type is ambiguous!