Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761040 times)

Offline Glissant

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #4350 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 12:46:08 »
It's funny reading a freak out in this thread. Hope it isn't causing any aggravation for you guys. You've really been trying your best to keep all the information available and transparent.
It is frustrating when we have to wait for things that are paid for, but with group buy organizers that take all the time in the world to communicate with the participants it's really not that bad.
Instant gratification is a horrible side effect of today's society.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #4351 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 17:34:17 »
yeah, even as a lurker it's hard for me to follow this thread for updates because of all the whining and crying going on. Cody & Bunn have definitely earned their stripes on this one, and we have all learned a lot about what to expect for large group buys.

This seems like an indicator to me that the larger the group buy, the more diverse the crowd. that means more people who are very new to the format, as well as very strongly opinionated, impatient, vocal people.

Offline NULL`

« Reply #4352 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 18:25:21 »
Just throwing this out there, but a central FAQ would be a great way to have all of these questions answered in one central place.  Then you could spend less time answering the same questions over and over.  You could just refer people to the FAQ.  I'd be happy to help maintain it if there's any interest.
*EDIT: To clarify, I mean for future GBs, since this one is almost finished.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4353 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 18:47:39 »
Just throwing this out there, but a central FAQ would be a great way to have all of these questions answered in one central place.  Then you could spend less time answering the same questions over and over.  You could just refer people to the FAQ.  I'd be happy to help maintain it if there's any interest.
*EDIT: To clarify, I mean for future GBs, since this one is almost finished.
People would still only look at the thread.

Bunny has tried posting updates in a central thread in the past, most people never bothered to go read it.

Offline justnits

« Reply #4354 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 19:51:05 »
i think updating first page with the relevant and critical information is crucial in any groupbuy.
if there's any updates, update them on the first post/page.
put in date and time if possible so it's easier for groupbuyers to keep track or updated.
this way people don't flood you and the thread with PM and repeated questions.

| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #4355 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:15:25 »
Also, as a note to others, please don't answer the questions unless you're actually involved because it really doesn't help anyone clarify things.

I'm assuming this is directed at me.  You'll notice that I only answered your first point, because I do have experience with that.  I have sorted GMK group buys before and am familiar with the process.  While I have not been involved in sorting Hyperfuse, I feel that my experience is more than sufficient to address the point you brought up.

7 months is not an exceedingly long period of time for an individual to sort 500+ complete GMK sets while also raising a family.

Thanks for the insight, but 7 months is still a very long time to wait for anything... except perhaps a baby...

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #4356 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:18:24 »
Also, as a note to others, please don't answer the questions unless you're actually involved because it really doesn't help anyone clarify things.

I'm assuming this is directed at me.  You'll notice that I only answered your first point, because I do have experience with that.  I have sorted GMK group buys before and am familiar with the process.  While I have not been involved in sorting Hyperfuse, I feel that my experience is more than sufficient to address the point you brought up.

7 months is not an exceedingly long period of time for an individual to sort 500+ complete GMK sets while also raising a family.

Thanks for the insight, but 7 months is still a very long time to wait for anything... except perhaps a baby...

I'm pretty sure I would want to wait more than 7 months for a baby

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #4357 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:27:05 »

I dunno dude, sakai4eva seems to have a pretty good sense of how things should be done. Maybe worth trusting him on this too.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4358 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:31:40 »

Nah we had one at 7 months, she just couldn't wait, turned out kinda small though. Not gonna lie it was scary for a while.

When McDonald's asks for donations for the Ronald McDonald House it's a worthy cause.

Anyways she's into keyboards almost 8yrs later.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #4359 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:58:13 »

I dunno dude, sakai4eva seems to have a pretty good sense of how things should be done. Maybe worth trusting him on this too.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but full disclosure; I caused a baby, so therefore I never had one, and even if I wanted to I lack the equipment to incubate such an adorable parasite.

So... take the 7 months thingie about the baby with a pinch of salt.

Besides, like spamray said, you can't rush a good baby. You gotta let it cook slowly in the oven. Kinda like a roast, except that you probably won't want to eat it.

DISCLAIMER: I love kids, just I don't have my own

OK. I need to sleep. It's getting late and I'm rambling.

Offline archer

« Reply #4360 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:17:12 »
I got a shipping notification! However, the tracking link still just says "label created"... just wanted to make sure that's alright.

Thanks for all of the hardwork from all parties involved in this GB.. can't wait to get to see these in person!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #4361 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:23:48 »

I got a shipping notification! However, the tracking link still just says "label created"... just wanted to make sure that's alright.

Thanks for all of the hardwork from all parties involved in this GB.. can't wait to get to see these in person!

Mine is the same, but I've had mine for a while now. It's normal. Cody is shipping them in batches so don't worry. If it hasn't updated and you see an update that says all the packages have been shipped and yours hasn't updated (after a day or so) then shoot them a PM :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4362 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:55:37 »

cody has dropped off about half of what was packed and the labels that were done so far

there is so many of them he has to do it over several trips

a fellow geekhacker joined him to help yesterday and is also going back to help him more today
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #4363 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 11:08:02 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:32:00 by Khers »

Offline archer

« Reply #4364 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 17:04:01 »

cody has dropped off about half of what was packed and the labels that were done so far

there is so many of them he has to do it over several trips

a fellow geekhacker joined him to help yesterday and is also going back to help him more today
ty sir!  :thumb:

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4365 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 23:27:52 »
got mine today, a long wait but very worth it-in person they look exactly how i wanted them, everything is here, thanks cody, thanks bunny

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4366 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 23:50:08 »
Thanks for the picture!

The tracking lagged a bit cause Monday was MLK day here so I couldn't even drop them off until Tuesday. I have dropped all of them off except ~10 which couldn't fit in my tiny dodge neon.

I am currently packing about ~100 more orders.

A geekhacker came and helped me yesterday and today and made a lot of progress getting all the remaining kits sorted. (I had a large pile of kits from sorting that needed to be double checked or redone.) So I am super thankful for the help.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4367 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 00:13:15 »
Thanks cody!

I just got my tracking too! :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4368 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 03:06:35 »
I now know which will arrive first between the caps and the board they will live on - of course it will be the caps!  Guess I could mount them on switches ready to build...

Thanks Cody, and thanks mystery helper :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Kirfloof

« Reply #4369 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 04:15:56 »
An anxious/exciting morning waiting on that coveted email, I must be mad, they're only bits of plastic  :llama:

Thanks for efforts made of course, will there be another update once this batch is concluded?

For those of us still on paranoid tenterhooks  ;D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4370 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 04:40:17 »
An anxious/exciting morning waiting on that coveted email, I must be mad, they're only bits of plastic  :llama:

Thanks for efforts made of course, will there be another update once this batch is concluded?

For those of us still on paranoid tenterhooks  ;D

there certainly will

timezones mean that i havent spoken to cody this morning, however i have checked the easy post, and between 15 and 25% of this next section of orders went out after he posted that update

i spoke to him briefly on the last night feed i had with the baby, and he was talking about getting some food

realistically id bet he is asleep right now and will be shipping again once he has woken up

on a note about the small amount of sets with missing keys

im told the main keys affected are 1 key in the 1800 kit and one key in the numpad kit

so for the majority of the small amount of sets with missing keys, the set will still be entirely functional and able to be shipped, but i will as mentioned contact anyone affected by this prior to shipping to confirm what sets are available with what if any keys are missing/damaged

so essentially for anyone panicking

dont

all will be well guys

Offline MikeB

« Reply #4371 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 06:36:04 »
Nice to see that everyone will be able to get their set afterall.
I don't have any use for the 1800 kit or the numpad keys on my TKL board, so maybe that can help out with someone else's set.

Offline osi

« Reply #4372 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 07:05:47 »
Dat shipping notifcation hype!

Offline skuko

« Reply #4373 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 07:55:32 »
any1 wanna sell their set? :)

Offline omen7288

« Reply #4374 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 08:49:05 »
Got Tracking number!  ;D

I'm hoping it has my Hack'd By Geeks order in it as well!
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4375 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:52:52 »
for anyone who has any ill will towards me for the delays in this buy

usps are bending me over with the international shipping price increase lol

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4376 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 10:57:32 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4377 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 12:29:33 »
Quick update, Cody is with his daughter now and shipping will resume this evening

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #4378 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 12:39:12 »

Nothing but Love for Sir Cody and da one called BunnyLake! <3<3

You guys deserve it! :)

Ordered first day too and have been patient ever since.
I don't even get why people would hate in the first place.

I understand the amount of work you guys put in, and the hype on my side only grows stronger! xD

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #4379 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:50:31 »

Dude I think I'm going to boycott. Went to ship a tiny headphone amp/dac and it wouldn't fit in their pathetic new small flat-rate box. And it was over a dollar more expensive than the last time I used them.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4380 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:51:46 »
It's considerably more for international , one Keyset went from 18 to over 22

Which adds up really fast over 100s of orders

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #4381 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 17:48:05 »
They have arrived! Thanks again guys, they look wonderful. I appreciate all the hard work the crew put into this.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4382 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 17:52:15 »
It's considerably more for international , one Keyset went from 18 to over 22

Which adds up really fast over 100s of orders

Bunny,  if u need extra for shipping,  let me know!

Offline ebacho

« Reply #4383 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 20:51:43 »
Got Tracking number!  ;D

I'm hoping it has my Hack'd By Geeks order in it as well!

Let me know if you get both sets at the same time.  Waiting for mine as well.

Offline Poostar

« Reply #4384 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 12:26:27 »
I just got my set in, looks great. Unfortunately i am missing a few caps and have a few extras as well.. Being that i use a TKL i do not have a use for a lot of these caps but i just so happen to be missing the ones that prevent my TKL from being complete. Missing the N and 1 keys :/ i have an extra H as well as 6 F row caps

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #4385 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:05:55 »
I just got to verifying  the keys I received and it turns out I am missing a bunch of them as well.

I'm missing 5 keys from the TKL set. The "T", "Y", "I", "[{", and "\|" keys. I'll go ahead and send Bunny a PM with the same info. TBH, not looking forward to waiting for whole second GMK order to process before being able to use this set, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

T-T

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4386 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:08:59 »
I just got mine in. I checked the TKL kit real quick and everything seems in order. I've very happy to have received it.

For those wondering about Hack'd, it did not get included in this shipment.  :(
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4387 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:20:08 »
For anyone with missing caps, can you make a list of what they are and send them to me in a pm with your order number and please copy Cody in the pm and we will get that sorted right out for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4388 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:21:54 »
I just got mine in. I checked the TKL kit real quick and everything seems in order. I've very happy to have received it.

For those wondering about Hack'd, it did not get included in this shipment.  :(

For anyone in this boat, pm me your order number and I'll get it sorted once we have this last batch out and we can catch up on the awkward bits

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #4389 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:23:52 »
To any Canadians who have received their sets - what kind of import fees should I be expecting on them?

Thanks in advance.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4390 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:25:22 »
To any Canadians who have received their sets - what kind of import fees should I be expecting on them?

Thanks in advance.

I believe packages are marked as either 20 or 30 dollars by default

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4391 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:28:00 »
I'm really sorry you guys have missing keys, I don't think many will be affected.

I had to hire help and family during the final push of sorting. This wasn't really ideal because its very hard to explain to the help what is going on, the importance of counting and what a group buy even is.

I have a support ticket system in place on the new (current) ctrlalt.io I will deploy shortly, its been in the works for quite some time now.
I'll send out a mass email to all members explaining the system, the capabilities and more.

Basically I'll be able to attach a return label for duplicate keys or generate a bubble mailer label for missing keys.

However, for those of you who have PM'd me with all your relevant information I will send out your replacements today and reply back with tracking.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:38:13 by codyeatworld »

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4392 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:31:18 »
All international orders were marked $40/gift/"Computer keyboard keycaps". No invoices included.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4393 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:33:05 »
Damn I really hope I'm not missing any keys. :(

Offline ImAWildDeer

• All about that click clack
« Reply #4394 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 13:49:22 »
I know it's a tough situation but do you have any estimate of when all of the sets will be out? I am moving in like a month, so if it's going to be longer than that (which is fine), I'll have to change my address.

Thanks for all of your guy's hard work.
HHKB | Ergodox Infinity | OG Ergodox | Atreus | Planck | WASD V2  | Whitefox | TX1800 | F62

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4395 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:08:52 »
I know it's a tough situation but do you have any estimate of when all of the sets will be out? I am moving in like a month, so if it's going to be longer than that (which is fine), I'll have to change my address.

Thanks for all of your guy's hard work.

I'll let Cody confirm for sure but it's very very close

He just went through the orders with a fine tooth comb to catch anybody with multiple orders to combine them

The plan was to go right in to shipping but as a couple sets just showed with missing keys he's quickly putting some things in to place to deal with that

He short answer is very soon, I know people keep hearing that but the sorting is done and a huge amount has gone out, it's just the last session or so to go

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #4396 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:12:12 »
I JUST GOT HYPERFUSE! IT'S AS BEAUTIFUL AS I IMAGINED!  ;D :eek: :'(

I'm so excited!!!!! !
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4397 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:14:45 »

I'm so excited!!!!! !

Looking forward to seeing it with that fabulous new rabbit of yours on some complimentary colours wink wink

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #4398 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 15:23:04 »

I'm so excited!!!!! !

Awesome! I am so ready to see the crisp HD shots of your HF set  :thumb:

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #4399 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 15:24:22 »

I'm so excited!!!!! !

Congrats booper! Can't wait to see what you artisans you'll put on your board with it