Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761040 times)

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #4400 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:14:49 »
All international orders were marked $40/gift/"Computer keyboard keycaps". No invoices included.

To any Canadians who have received their sets - what kind of import fees should I be expecting on them?

Thanks in advance.

I believe packages are marked as either 20 or 30 dollars by default

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it! Mine have made it into Canada by now, just the other side of the country, so maybe a couple more days!

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4401 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:38:47 »
Hey I got my set in the mail and there were a few slightly damaged ones but I care enough to put you guys through the process. Minimal scratches on my alt key but w/e. Anyways I got shipped 2 F keys... They are both indented and everything I'm not sure if that was a packing issue but I think I have everything else as well

Offline Atredl

« Reply #4402 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:47:08 »
Hey I got my set in the mail and there were a few slightly damaged ones but I care enough to put you guys through the process. Minimal scratches on my alt key but w/e. Anyways I got shipped 2 F keys... They are both indented and everything I'm not sure if that was a packing issue but I think I have everything else as well

The "F" and "J" keys have indents or "scoops" instead of the bumps most keysets have. It's normal. If F and J have different level of indents then you may have a problem.

Also, there are no "unscooped version of the F and J keys, so you probably just got a duplicate.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:48:59 by Atredl »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4403 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:50:06 »

The "F" and "J" keys have indents or "scoops" instead of the bumps most keysets have. It's normal. If F and J have different level of indents then you may have a problem.

Also, there are no "unscooped version of the F and J keys, so you probably just got a duplicate.

I'm pretty sure he knows that, he's saying that he got two F keys.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Atredl

« Reply #4404 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:59:36 »

There I go trying to be too helpful. Didn't catch that right away. Guess I'm still a little fried from the 6 hr drive.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4405 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:00:53 »

There I go trying to be too helpful. Didn't catch that right away. Guess I'm still a little fried from the 6 hr drive.

Haha it's all good, go get some rest. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #4406 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:09:20 »
Set came in, was very pleased to see no backlight bleed on any of the keys! completely worth the wait :)

Offline litesung

« Reply #4407 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:45:42 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:27:35 by litesung »

Offline camgibb

« Reply #4408 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 18:54:12 »
Set came in, was very pleased to see no backlight bleed on any of the keys! completely worth the wait :)

This is correct they're both scooped

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4409 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 20:26:53 »
I'm really sorry you guys have missing keys, I don't think many will be affected.

I had to hire help and family during the final push of sorting. This wasn't really ideal because its very hard to explain to the help what is going on, the importance of counting and what a group buy even is.

I have a support ticket system in place on the new (current) ctrlalt.io I will deploy shortly, its been in the works for quite some time now.
I'll send out a mass email to all members explaining the system, the capabilities and more.

Basically I'll be able to attach a return label for duplicate keys or generate a bubble mailer label for missing keys.

However, for those of you who have PM'd me with all your relevant information I will send out your replacements today and reply back with tracking.

Just gonna quote codys post again as we are in a new gb page and I think it's relevant
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #4410 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 05:29:35 »
More
I just got to verifying  the keys I received and it turns out I am missing a bunch of them as well.

Show Image

I'm missing 5 keys from the TKL set. The "T", "Y", "I", "[{", and "\|" keys. I'll go ahead and send Bunny a PM with the same info. TBH, not looking forward to waiting for whole second GMK order to process before being able to use this set, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

T-T

I left a comment before about missing keys, but now wanted to publicly update that Cody has already packed up replacements and given me tracking for them. F'n awesome!  :thumb:

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #4411 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 08:35:57 »
I'm really sorry you guys have missing keys, I don't think many will be affected.

I had to hire help and family during the final push of sorting. This wasn't really ideal because its very hard to explain to the help what is going on, the importance of counting and what a group buy even is.

I have a support ticket system in place on the new (current) ctrlalt.io I will deploy shortly, its been in the works for quite some time now.
I'll send out a mass email to all members explaining the system, the capabilities and more.

Basically I'll be able to attach a return label for duplicate keys or generate a bubble mailer label for missing keys.

However, for those of you who have PM'd me with all your relevant information I will send out your replacements today and reply back with tracking.

Just gonna quote codys post again as we are in a new gb page and I think it's relevant
Bunny do these replacement keys include the F6 key I am missing? Just want to check
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4412 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 12:12:39 »
I am trying to have the help come back to here to confirm the sets they sorted before posting anymore out, until them I am manually checking.

Just PM me if you have missing or duplicate keys.

Bunny do these replacement keys include the F6 key I am missing? Just want to check

I'll send you the missing F6 key, please confirm that its the only one missing and PM me. :)

Offline edsucks

« Reply #4413 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 13:18:00 »
Haven't been checking Geekhack or my email for the longest time.
Got my notification on the 16th.
Thank you Cody and Bunny for the hard work!

Offline spoonypirate

« Reply #4414 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 13:41:35 »
got a few extra keys pm getting sent.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4415 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 13:43:21 »
Show Image

Jesus Christ lol

If you shoot Cody a message we can arrange a label of you don't mind sending those back sir

At least you got 2 many rather than 2 few

Offline spoonypirate

« Reply #4416 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 13:44:00 »
Show Image

Jesus Christ lol

If you shoot Cody a message we can arrange a label of you don't mind sending those back sir

At least you got 2 many rather than 2 few
I just sent him a pm so we can get them to their rightful owner :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4417 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 13:44:49 »
Thanks so much sorry about that

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #4418 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 05:09:11 »
for anyone who has any ill will towards me for the delays in this buy

usps are bending me over with the international shipping price increase lol

Hi BunnyLake,
Actually the shipping costs belong to buyer responsibility which is in this case the GB participants.
Therefore, it doesn't make any sense if you pay for that parts. Let me have a chance to share the parts belong to my responsibility so please accept my payment that I just did via Paypal for the additional costs.
Thanks again for this GB.
I like linear switches

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4419 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 05:12:00 »
That's incredibly kind thank you

I also sold a bunch of Keysets in the classifieds to help the overrun on this as well

It's not just the cost of each shipment that's gone up, but things like shipping a missing key outside of conus is now 11 dollars

All the little bits add up on an amount of orders this size

It's just bad timing given the recent cost increase happening a day before we were ready to get a lot of volume out

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #4420 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 05:49:12 »
Didn't even realize the increase for USPS would affect this buy, buy makes sense.

You shouldn't have to pay out of pocket and I'm sure if you ask for the cost of shipping (or maybe a few bucks) people would chip in to help cover the unforeseen expenses :)

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #4421 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 05:56:27 »
I thought since more people have been getting their sets I would try a last time.
I am still looking for a few ISO keys from this set to purchase to mix and match with another set I have.

Mainly the "enter" ,"#" "short shift" and "\" (the one next to z).

May be a chance for someone to make a few bucks off an ISO kit that didn't end up needing it.

It would make my current setup look super snazzy.

PS I am UK based.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4422 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 09:06:22 »
I thought since more people have been getting their sets I would try a last time.
I am still looking for a few ISO keys from this set to purchase to mix and match with another set I have.

May be a chance for someone to make a few bucks off an ISO kit that didn't end up needing it.

PS I am UK based.

hey sir

i can givey ou those out of one of my sets as i dont use iso and im also uk based

im like super mega busy the next couple of days, please pm me on thursday to remind me and give me your details and ill get it packed and sorted for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4423 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 09:17:46 »
hey guys just want to give everyone a full status update as to what is going on currently with this buy

shipping is very temporarily on hold

we shipped about 125 orders out last week and sorted and packed many more

as some of you may be able to see above, there seems to be an even split between people getting all there keys, people  getting too many and some people getting not enough, this has only affected one batch of packing where we hired someone to help cody with some sorting

when someone receives an order with not enough keys, its bad for everyone, they have a potentially unusable set, and it takes both time and money to make that set right, that is time and money that could be better spent fulfilling more orders

because of this issue we are doing 3 things to rectify this

firstly we are arranging for the people who were paid to help to come and manually go through each order to make sure they are right
secondly we are about to order a proper counting scale, so that these things can have a secondary check to make sure they are accurate
thirdly we are finally wrapping up the new support system, which will give us a proper way to log any missing or damaged keys, and auto generate an order and shipping label for them, it will also allow people to generate a returns label to send any extra keys back to us if that is needed

all 3 of these things are in motion at the same time, and whilst it will only be a very short delay, i just wanted to let everyone know what was going on so we are clear on things

delaying the shipping a further couple of days was not an easy decision, im sure a few people will have some not very nice things to say about it, however to me making sure you get your set right the first time, means you will get it much faster in the long run

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #4424 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:05:09 »
delaying the shipping a further couple of days was not an easy decision, im sure a few people will have some not very nice things to say about it, however to me making sure you get your set right the first time, means you will get it much faster in the long run

Some people will find a way to complain about a beautiful sunny spring day!
As long as you're doing what you think is right, then you're doing the right thing!

I already got my tracking, but if there are any extra keys I'll be sure to let you know ASAP (same thing if I'm missing any). Looks like I might be getting it this week, hype, hype, hyperfuse!!!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4425 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:20:33 »

As long as you're doing what you think is right, then you're doing the right thing!

I already got my tracking, but if there are any extra keys I'll be sure to let you know ASAP (same thing if I'm missing any). Looks like I might be getting it this week, hype, hype, hyperfuse!!!

Stoopid spring days and it's pollen!!!!!!

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4426 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:22:26 »
hey guys just want to give everyone a full status update as to what is going on currently with this buy

as some of you may be able to see above, there seems to be an even split between people getting all there keys, people  getting too many and some people getting not enough, this has only affected one batch of packing where we hired someone to help cody with some sorting

when someone receives an order with not enough keys, its bad for everyone, they have a potentially unusable set, and it takes both time and money to make that set right, that is time and money that could be better spent fulfilling more orders

firstly we are arranging for the people who were paid to help to come and manually go through each order to make sure they are right
secondly we are about to order a proper counting scale, so that these things can have a secondary check to make sure they are accurate
thirdly we are finally wrapping up the new support system, which will give us a proper way to log any missing or damaged keys, and auto generate an order and shipping label for them, it will also allow people to generate a returns label to send any extra keys back to us if that is needed

all 3 of these things are in motion at the same time, and whilst it will only be a very short delay, i just wanted to let everyone know what was going on so we are clear on things

Good plan. I'd rather wait and make sure I actually have a complete set before going through the headache of waiting for extras, plus it saves on shipping.

Thanks for the update Bunny. :thumb:

Offline techmattr

« Reply #4427 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:01:13 »

The sun is too bright and hot!!! Booooo sunny spring days!!   :p

Offline Dansor

« Reply #4428 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:34:41 »
Hi,

Still in love with my hyperfuse set, but I'd really like to get some matching relegendables.

According to https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49524.0#post_HyperFuse, the primary and modifier background colors codes are GTL and GD, respectively.  I can't find anything that's an exact match, but PMK has a variety of gray relegendable http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dcs-relegendables-pack-of-10/.

Does anyone have any RL experience and HyperFuse that could suggest which would be closest, or least clashing?
Maybe a less exact match could look better than something close in this situation.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Offline birdi127

« Reply #4429 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:36:34 »

Lots of stress on you guys with everyone nagging, Granted its been awhile but nothing is perfect. No worries here mate.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #4430 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 14:31:15 »

PS I am UK based.

hey sir

i can givey ou those out of one of my sets as i dont use iso and im also uk based

im like super mega busy the next couple of days, please pm me on thursday to remind me and give me your details and ill get it packed and sorted for you

Hey Bunny that'd be ace, I can shoot you a few quid no prob. I'll set a reminder for Thursday.

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #4431 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 14:56:15 »
So do we PM Bunny or Cody about this? :'(

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #4432 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 15:36:53 »
So do we PM Bunny or Cody about this? :'(

Show Image

Holy hell that barrel distortion.

On serious note my condolences.  That's a lot of missing keys. =(

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4433 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 15:57:25 »
Would it help to have people ship their extra caps on to whoever's missing just that odd cap rather than sending them all back to Cody to send out again, especially international?  Or perhaps all the people in one country could ship to a proxy who could redistribute, or send one package back international?  The postman will be making a killing on this otherwise...

My tracking has not updated so I guess my set is now waiting to be checked, never thought I'd be glad for further delays but I am :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #4434 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:14:35 »
My tracking didn't update until this morning so I was excited for these to arrive. They look so good on my HHKB!  :)

The good news is that none of my keys are missing, but quite a few of my keys came scratched. I made a list but only included the ones affecting characters.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4435 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:19:28 »
I am very unhappy about the help I hired. They are on their way to fix it manually today by resorting them onto a picture of a mockup I will print and glue it to some cardboard for them to ensure accuracy.

If your tracking hasn't updated, I'm holding it until I confirm all your keys are there.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4436 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:38:29 »
I am very unhappy about the help I hired. They are on their way to fix it manually today by resorting them onto a picture of a mockup I will print and glue it to some cardboard for them to ensure accuracy.

If your tracking hasn't updated, I'm holding it until I confirm all your keys are there.

Thanks cody! :cool:

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4437 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:11:22 »
Really unfortunate but thankfully I'll be able to correct the sets that haven't gone out yet.

The best thing I can do is be proactive about the situation and be as responsive as possible.
I'll correct anyone who has missing/duplicate keys promptly and quickly.

The mailman just picked up all missing key requests that I packed up yesterday.

I am still combing thru the sets manually while I wait for the help, while wrapping up the new support ticket system.

Offline swornxin

« Reply #4438 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:25:09 »
I guess I'll post a positive picture? Nothing missing, nothing extra. Couldn't wait to install them on my Octagon. It's been sitting naked for far too long. Thanks Bunny & Cody. I would obviously have no qualms about joining another one of your buys.

FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline dohbot

« Reply #4439 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:25:54 »
If anyone is from ISO land and has an extra left shift, I would very gladly buy it from you.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4440 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:39:56 »
I guess I'll post a positive picture? Nothing missing, nothing extra.
You may not care or it could be in a bag, but your 1u 0 from the numberpad isn't on it's spot :-X

Board looks great though!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4441 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:23:03 »
Didn't even realize the increase for USPS would affect this buy, buy makes sense.

You shouldn't have to pay out of pocket and I'm sure if you ask for the cost of shipping (or maybe a few bucks) people would chip in to help cover the unforeseen expenses :)

or, you shouldn't take a ****ing year to ship a set
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4442 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:27:41 »

Lower case demik is back <3

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4443 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:30:47 »

why do you think people should shell out more money? honestly. they didn't ask for their sets to ship so late. and the GB leader should have calculated into the price for these so called "unforseen expenses"
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #4444 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:34:45 »
I guess I'll post a positive picture? Nothing missing, nothing extra. Couldn't wait to install them on my Octagon. It's been sitting naked for far too long. Thanks Bunny & Cody. I would obviously have no qualms about joining another one of your buys.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, rarely see builds with greys. This looks amazing nude.  :eek:  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4445 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:36:02 »

why do you think people should shell out more money? honestly. they didn't ask for their sets to ship so late. and the GB leader should have calculated into the price for these so called "unforseen expenses"

Well no one "should" but it's just a nice thing to do.
I'm not sure if USPS's price increase is foreseeable.

But yea, shipping it on time would have been ideal.

But in no way am I saying people need to pay for these costs.

Offline swornxin

« Reply #4446 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 21:57:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, rarely see builds with greys. This looks amazing nude.  :eek:  :thumb:
Thanks! Came together quite nicely with the addition of Hyperfuse!

FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline Moggsy

« Reply #4447 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 01:32:22 »
Feeling sick right now, USPS says they delivered to my apartment Friday but I never saw anything :x

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4448 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 02:03:34 »
Feeling sick right now, USPS says they delivered to my apartment Friday but I never saw anything :x

That's the worst  :(

I've had to actually argue with my mail guy (big prick), about how the tracking said it was delivered, but I didn't receive anything.
He would just keep saying "if the tracking says I delivered it, then it was delivered".  It mysteriously showed up in my mailbox 5 days later.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4449 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 02:17:40 »

hey sir

please send me a link to your order via pm

when i get back home this afternoon ill pull up the shipping label for you and make sure at least that side of things is correct (although it auto generates from what is on your order so in theory itll match that)

lets at least make sure it should be being delivered to the right place

after that, ive also had things say they were delivered before because people have scanned it wrong or something and then it turns up a few days later

lets see hwat happens and work out a solution for you from there