Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 914123 times)

Offline XUR

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 02:13:24 »
The clandestine and delinquent updates, odd refusals when pressed to show proof, 1+ year timeline, the "manufacturer's fault" and boat narrative, buying a CNC machine midway through to all of the sudden make some (all) of the keyboards in-house, not buying the PCBs until the last minute and realizing fitment issues, locking down the Discord server, constantly voicing about overwork (definitely not from getting the orders in for these keyboards)... what more proof is needed that ****ery is going on here.

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 09:47:52 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113408.0

Looks like we found the rest of the tops from the boats.

Offline dottt

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 09:55:54 »

It hurts to see those shipping 3-4 weeks from order date and I can confidently say I won’t have a rukia in my hands in 3-4 weeks. I would have refunded when I could but I’ve already committed to the rukia between wrist rests and theming based on the Alu top

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 12:20:23 »

this looks better in so many ways
- stainless steel is pretty nice,
- 3-4 week delivery,
- cheaper by 80 bucks,
- includes carrying case,
- actually exists.....

Offline KneeDeep

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 13:14:41 »
jaxxstatic — Today at 2:51 AM
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.
~1/4 of the way through re-finishing (sandblasting) bottoms. Material has been removed.
Will give an ETA when it can be anywhere close to accurate.

Just so everyone not on discord can see this. Just happened 9 minutes ago

Nah, he said the fitment issue wasn’t the PCB, the case was wrong

I don’t quite understand jaxx’s latest update. Material has to be removed from bottom portion of the case? I though Gondo in June 1st states there was no PCB fitment issues. Am I not understanding correctly? Seems like contradictory information.

The PCB and case were designed with a specific set of components in mind - the USB port, capacitors, resistors, sockets, LEDs, etc.
PCBs take a lot less time to do than the cases so they're normally done later in the process to avoid tons of stock sitting around for months.
Obviously prototypes are made first to test fitment, but thanks to the global component shortage some of those components were no longer available when it came time to manufacture the PCBs, and the available replacements were a slightly different size so the cases had to be reworked to accommodate.

The other option would have been to leave the cases untouched and wait till the component shortage was resolved, but that could take another year.
Reworking the cases for the different components is the most expensive option, but it gets everyone their boards sooner.

in that case, it doesn't make sense. he also said that the cases didn't fit existing Alice PCBs on the market. Which doesn't add up with him blaming the component shortage leading to different sized components. it's just to buy time to get the cases made probably.

Yeah the facts don't add up to me and I'm really tired of feeling like I'm being lied to. I still remember reading updates and being excited for rukia to ship before Thanksgiving, and then Christmas 2020. But we find out this month that he never even ordered PCBs!

So that was a lie, right? Was every update we received last year just fake news? Did the boat rukias even exist?

I get that the pandemic caused delays. Delays are forgivable. But dishonesty towards customers is such a slap in the face.

My favorite part was getting dragged on the Discord for asking questions about the fugazi answers we were getting on status updates. Doesn't seem like we will ever get the truth, but hopefully these boards deliver at some point.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #305 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 15:40:15 »
Hay but at less there was a update

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 10:22:02 »
Ok so, Gondo update again.  ;D

I have thoroughly checked with suppliers and fabs and as far as they can tell, all components but the MCUs are well available and easy to find.

The MCU itself is the problem. Due to the shortage, getting your hands on hundreds of those has gotten pretty difficult. My idea was to check with suppliers if any variant (*) was better available or cheaper, but it turns out all variants are highly priced, yet available, so I just decided to leave the PCB as it is.

This has been communicated to Jaxx.

If you guys just wanted the update, that is it. The PCB files are "good"-to-go (or at least as "good" as good gets) as they are in terms of availability and possible cheapest price attainable.

If you want more detailed information, read below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(*) Nerd time

As of right now, the ARM MCUs QMK can confirmedly use are STM32:

- F072
- F103
- F303
- L072
- F411
- F401
- G431
- G474
- L433
- L443

Each of these having a plethora of sub-versions (pin number, packaging, thermal range, military use etc), some of them having up to eight sub-versions -- as you can imagine this makes choosing and sourcing them in multiple suppliers a logistic nightmare, specially so in this pandemic. I've spent the past three weeks talking to vendors and suppliers digging some version that would be available and cheap. Mind you, some of these models are a straigh out overkill for a keyboard PCB (floating point unit and high-resolution ADC in a keyboard kek) but hey, if they work, they work. As it turns out, pretty much all of them are triple- to quadruple- the normal price, so I decided to go with the cheapest one (F072) which the PCB already uses and, albeit the heightened price, can be obtained by the fabs in the hundreds. Some of them also require additional components to work (for instance USB pull-up or termination resistors, external EEPROM, crystal) which should not be expensive per se but will make the PCBs a couple dollars more expensive due to a more complicated design, additional parts, additional solder joints and so on.

The problem now resides in Jaxx's capability to, well, prototype and make the PCBs. The big problem is that GB prices considered normal pricing for the PCB, but that situation has changed due to the higher price for the PCB components and services -- effectively making Jaxx work with an income deficit there which is completely out of my power unfortunately. I have done everything in my power, as the PCB designer, to make this go forward.

I will take questions in my Discord PMs. Please be kind.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 June 2021, 10:36:09 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline PandaMech

« Reply #307 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 13:19:52 »

I have thoroughly checked with suppliers and fabs and as far as they can tell, all components but the MCUs are well available and easy to find.

The MCU itself is the problem. Due to the shortage, getting your hands on hundreds of those has gotten pretty difficult. My idea was to check with suppliers if any variant (*) was better available or cheaper, but it turns out all variants are highly priced, yet available, so I just decided to leave the PCB as it is.

If you guys just wanted the update, that is it. The PCB files are "good"-to-go (or at least as "good" as good gets) as they are in terms of availability and possible cheapest price attainable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(*) Nerd time

- F072
- F103
- F303
- L072
- F411
- F401
- G431
- G474
- L433
- L443

Each of these having a plethora of sub-versions (pin number, packaging, thermal range, military use etc), some of them having up to eight sub-versions -- as you can imagine this makes choosing and sourcing them in multiple suppliers a logistic nightmare, specially so in this pandemic. I've spent the past three weeks talking to vendors and suppliers digging some version that would be available and cheap. Mind you, some of these models are a straigh out overkill for a keyboard PCB (floating point unit and high-resolution ADC in a keyboard kek) but hey, if they work, they work. As it turns out, pretty much all of them are triple- to quadruple- the normal price, so I decided to go with the cheapest one (F072) which the PCB already uses and, albeit the heightened price, can be obtained by the fabs in the hundreds. Some of them also require additional components to work (for instance USB pull-up or termination resistors, external EEPROM, crystal) which should not be expensive per se but will make the PCBs a couple dollars more expensive due to a more complicated design, additional parts, additional solder joints and so on.

The problem now resides in Jaxx's capability to, well, prototype and make the PCBs. The big problem is that GB prices considered normal pricing for the PCB, but that situation has changed due to the higher price for the PCB components and services -- effectively making Jaxx work with an income deficit there which is completely out of my power unfortunately. I have done everything in my power, as the PCB designer, to make this go forward.

Thank you for detailed update and efforts.

Are you saying Jaxx’s hasn’t picked or settled on a MCU? Is the MCU sélection the one causing him to have clearance issues?

Then again he has already stated that he has started to rework the bottom case by removing material. I would think this action started because he already decided which MCU to use as shaving off material without locking down a MCU seems risky.

As you mentioned all other components are readily available.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 16:13:18 »

(*) Nerd time

- F072
- F103
- F303
- L072
- F411
- F401
- G431
- G474
- L433
- L443

Are you saying Jaxx’s hasn’t picked or settled on a MCU? Is the MCU sélection the one causing him to have clearance issues?

Then again he has already stated that he has started to rework the bottom case by removing material. I would think this action started because he already decided which MCU to use as shaving off material without locking down a MCU seems risky.

Jaxx is not the one choosing components. I am; and as far as I have concluded, by talking to suppliers and fabs, the best option we have right now is use the components that the PCB currently already uses, according to criteria like price and availability. The MCU issue is not mechanical, it's about price and availability, so no, it's not the MCU causing clearance issues.

As others have stated in this thread, and this was confirmed by Jaxx himself, the clearance issue is not with my PCB, but with third-party Alice PCBs (like projectkeyboard's or mechlovin's); in other words, the case was not designed to support those. This lack of support presents itself as a clearance issue with thei PCB components. According to Jaxx, in the mechlovin's, that's a capacitor and, on PK's, the connector. How the man is addressing that is not something I can supervise or control because the PCB I was hired to design fits the original case design (in the 3D models at least). I can't comply to, or offer support for, products I have not designed.

The next step in the PCB design process os confirmation of working and fitment, which is only achievable through completely built prototypes (completely built as in with all components, switches and stabilizers) tested against the case and plate. Last we heard he is remanufacturing the case bottom.

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 June 2021, 16:22:02 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #309 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:11:43 »
Thanks Gondo for the transparency on your end. So at this point, is Jaxx modifying the cases to fit 3rd party PCBs? Would these modifications risk the compatibility with the PCB you designed with the original Rukia case files?
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:14:15 by shieldmending »

Offline dottt

« Reply #310 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:30:21 »

(*) Nerd time

- F072
- F103
- F303
- L072
- F411
- F401
- G431
- G474
- L433
- L443

Jaxx is not the one choosing components. I am; and as far as I have concluded, by talking to suppliers and fabs, the best option we have right now is use the components that the PCB currently already uses, according to criteria like price and availability. The MCU issue is not mechanical, it's about price and availability, so no, it's not the MCU causing clearance issues.

As others have stated in this thread, and this was confirmed by Jaxx himself, the clearance issue is not with my PCB, but with third-party Alice PCBs (like projectkeyboard's or mechlovin's); in other words, the case was not designed to support those. This lack of support presents itself as a clearance issue with thei PCB components. According to Jaxx, in the mechlovin's, that's a capacitor and, on PK's, the connector. How the man is addressing that is not something I can supervise or control because the PCB I was hired to design fits the original case design (in the 3D models at least). I can't comply to, or offer support for, products I have not designed.

The next step in the PCB design process os confirmation of working and fitment, which is only achievable through completely built prototypes (completely built as in with all components, switches and stabilizers) tested against the case and plate. Last we heard he is remanufacturing the case bottom.

The only thing I’m confused on now is that Jax’s last update said PCB’s incoming but this seems like they’re not yet confirmed

Offline thanatic

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:50:16 »
Still quite confusing as to what PCB we are going to get? reworking the cases to get another PCB that we did not original agree to purchase. We purchased knowing that the PCB will be the Gondo PCB with its design and features. Dunno... it is what it is I guess..

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 19:03:34 »
Still quite confusing as to what PCB we are going to get? reworking the cases to get another PCB that we did not original agree to purchase. We purchased knowing that the PCB will be the Gondo PCB with its design and features. Dunno... it is what it is I guess..

The only thing I’m confused on now is that Jax’s last update said PCB’s incoming but this seems like they’re not yet confirmed

To be 100% transparent, the rates with which I get updates is the same as you guys and for some things I am just as in the dark. I have no idea what the incoming PCBs are but I can confirm no prototypes of my PCB were made yet, to my knowledge. Maybe that's what the incoming PCBs are?

Also as far as I am aware the PCBs shipping with cases are the ones I designed. It would be kind of a **** move if they were not because I have waived the upfront PCB design costs for Jaxx with the promise he'd pay all commission plus design fee after the GB
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 June 2021, 19:05:30 by Gondolindrim »

Offline thanatic

« Reply #313 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 19:31:42 »

To be 100% transparent, the rates with which I get updates is the same as you guys and for some things I am just as in the dark. I have no idea what the incoming PCBs are but I can confirm no prototypes of my PCB were made yet, to my knowledge. Maybe that's what the incoming PCBs are?

Also as far as I am aware the PCBs shipping with cases are the ones I designed. It would be kind of a **** move if they were not because I have waived the upfront PCB design costs for Jaxx with the promise he'd pay all commission plus design fee after the GB

Thank you Gondo for bring some light to the matter and reduce some anxiety that some of might be experiencing. Appreciate it. I hope that you get paid and everything works out for all parties.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 01:02:36 »
In Gondo we trust

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 11:53:55 »
If we had the same consistent transparency from Jaxx that Gondo has been giving us, that would be great. It’s been over a week since the “nonupdate” and much longer since the last update.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 12:46:51 »
Thank you Gondo for bring some light to the matter and reduce some anxiety that some of might be experiencing. Appreciate it. I hope that you get paid and everything works out for all parties.

while yes thank you to gondo, this only increases anxiety. basically gondo is revealing jaxx's continuous lying. according to him 11 days ago 'PCBs are on the way'

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 12:53:06 »

while yes thank you to gondo, this only increases anxiety. basically gondo is revealing jaxx's continuous lying. according to him 11 days ago 'PCBs are on the way'

Hold on, hold on: I'm not revealing anything, I'm just saying that the "incoming PCBs" probably are the prototypes as I have as much idea what they are as you guys do.

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 13:03:50 »
While the information from Gondo is not revealing, it is definitely concerning that “prototype” PCBs are supposedly arriving at this stage of the GB.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 12:59:07 »
When do you think we’ll get another update. I have money on July 20th.

Offline longtran

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 07:58:29 »
I remember Jaxx said he had some PCBs (only some) ordered from Mechlovin' for testing, those might be the "incoming PCBs".

Offline dottt

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 08:09:16 »
Based on his last 2 updates, he could be close to 1/2 way through refinishing the bottoms.
Things we still haven’t seen: plates & alu tops

Offline XUR

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 14:23:59 »
Are there any other good Alice keyboard GBs out there? Might be easier at this point to eject out of this one and just start all over again with another GB.

Wish I could try the Type-K keyboard

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 15:48:20 »
Are there any other good Alice keyboard GBs out there? Might be easier at this point to eject out of this one and just start all over again with another GB.

Wish I could try the Type-K keyboard

You sadly just missed out on an in-stock buy for a Samice which appeared to be almost identical except for not having the 3 LED holes and also having a full SS bottom with PC top. See below:

Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline dottt

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 15:58:55 »
Haven’t gotten a decent update in a very long time but at least he stopped giving bull**** shipping ETA’s :/

Offline solianne

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:43:32 »
hello every1 se chat update 4 u is supply chain issue for jaxx. he saying supply chain tell him new things each day n on june 25 he will give update. oh today is 26. he also not say which supply chain sry

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 01:43:44 »
hello every1 se chat update 4 u is supply chain issue for jaxx. he saying supply chain tell him new things each day n on june 25 he will give update. oh today is 26. he also not say which supply chain sry

I had a stroke reading your comment

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #327 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 11:32:14 »

Hey guys, as much as I understand everyone's frustration, please keep it cordial and friendly. It does not do anyone any favours to direct hate/toxicity over other people, and it certainly won't help to get your keyboard faster.

In hindsight, the original comment was distasteful to read indeed. Come on mate, write proper language so we can understand you

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #328 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 13:26:39 »
Hey guys, as much as I understand everyone's frustration, please keep it cordial and friendly. It does not do anyone any favours to direct hate/toxicity over other people, and it certainly won't help to get your keyboard faster.

I was honestly not trying to be toxic, just caught my eye that that person constantly writes comments that are very very difficult to read and can be misinterpreted based on lack of clear wording.
Was not my intention to be toxic :)

Offline solianne

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 19:30:28 »

hi sir i sry 4 that i will stop posting of se chat updates in here

Offline olsen34

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 23:08:55 »
Don't mind me I'm just here eating popcorn and watching people in the hobby being masochists yet again  :thumb:

Offline samuelcc

« Reply #331 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 06:13:06 »

Hello it is treeleaf
Let me weigh in with my useless opinion

1. While I did not join the Rukia group buy, I think it's fair enough to say Everyone does not like having group buys delayed.
2. The second worst thing to when possessing another's money (first is outright scamming) is lack of communication, especially if you haven't delivered on your promises to give them a product within a certain time frame.

I have had a bad case of depression in the last few months. I didn't want to get out of bed. I hated my life. I just wanted everything to be over.

... and I behaved similarly to the way Mr Jaxx is behaving now. When I started failing my classes, rather than solving my problems by working harder in school, my depression made it impossible to catch up. It's not that I didn't want to work, it's that I couldn't work.

--

Dearest Mr Jaxx: I hope you're feeling ok. Reach out to me. I'm here for you.

To everyone else: The keyboard didn't work out. Getting angry at him will not magically solve your problem. The best you can do is cooperate, wait, and hope for the best.
[/color]

I don't know who tf you are but as you didn't join the group buy it is not your place to be a "nice guy".

People's money got scammed by a liar. This liar used our money to buy a cnc machine which is against our agreement on the group buy and keeps failing to deliver the product and locked the discord server, refused to refund, sponsor streamers, buy new boards in the same time.

This kind of behaviour is not only immoral and shameful but also illegal if this is in strict business.

People who participated in the groupbuy gave him trust and money. But the trust gone in lies.

And you just came out of no where and say something that you think is "positive", when you are not in the group buy. It is pretty easy for you and makes you feel good. Actually, it is pure selfish.

A large part of this hobbies run on trust. A lot of gbs delays. GMK caps take a year and a half to deliver. People are ok and considerate for that as we want good product and we believe that there will be. For jaxx, we keep being lied to and he can't even prove the board exists. People like him will poison the hobby and community we love.

So please shut up, shut up, shut up. If you still want to defend this liar, it is your business and you can dm him directly. Maybe he will sell you a refunded spot! Or, show him love by financial support, it will be far more supportive than your words.

Offline thicthock

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 06:41:52 »

I don't know who tf you are but as you didn't join the group buy it is not your place to be a "nice guy".

People's money got scammed by a liar. This liar used our money to buy a cnc machine which is against our agreement on the group buy and keeps failing to deliver the product and locked the discord server, refused to refund, sponsor streamers, buy new boards in the same time.

This kind of behaviour is not only immoral and shameful but also illegal if this is in strict business.

People who participated in the groupbuy gave him trust and money. But the trust gone in lies.

And you just came out of no where and say something that you think is "positive", when you are not in the group buy. It is pretty easy for you and makes you feel good. Actually, it is pure selfish.

A large part of this hobbies run on trust. A lot of gbs delays. GMK caps take a year and a half to deliver. People are ok and considerate for that as we want good product and we believe that there will be. For jaxx, we keep being lied to and he can't even prove the board exists. People like him will poison the hobby and community we love.

So please shut up, shut up, shut up. If you still want to defend this liar, it is your business and you can dm him directly. Maybe he will sell you a refunded spot! Or, show him love by financial support, it will be far more supportive than your words.

Hey mate I get your anger! You feel duped and rightly so. But attacking other people here won´t help. It wont make Jaxx magically start being a better person.
It sucks seeing someone that was so respected in the Keyboard hobby do something like this. It made me re-evaluate if I was willing to get into Groupbuys for a board with a private person that already shows signs of not communicating enough.

Now none of this is helpful for you and nothing will make this easier. You lost a god damned amount of money.
Either you guys all wait to see if he ever ships or people start exploring options of how to get jaxx to pay back money. Cause right now fact is....he wont speak to you guys.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 June 2021, 06:43:42 by thicthock »

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #333 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 08:21:26 »
You need to calm down buddy, that is not how you talk to people, much less someone that said himself he's been depressed.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 08:31:45 »
Everybody needs to calm down. It's one of two things at this point, Jaxx will eventually deliver or he will not. If you joined this GB with money you couldn't afford to lose you take it as a lesson. Even the most well respected community member can run a bunk GB. Whether it's unforseen issues or a straight scam. This won't be the first or last time something like happens unfortunately.

Offline singabore

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 11:29:23 »
Damn this thread is poppin off

Offline thanatic

« Reply #336 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 19:15:26 »

hi sir i sry 4 that i will stop posting of se chat updates in here

Hello, please continue to post any SE only information. It is greatly valued as we normal rukia buyers have no visibility. Thank you for your efforts in giving information. Thank you again.

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #337 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 22:27:51 »

Hello it is treeleaf
Let me weigh in with my useless opinion

1. While I did not join the Rukia group buy, I think it's fair enough to say Everyone does not like having group buys delayed.
2. The second worst thing to when possessing another's money (first is outright scamming) is lack of communication, especially if you haven't delivered on your promises to give them a product within a certain time frame.

I have had a bad case of depression in the last few months. I didn't want to get out of bed. I hated my life. I just wanted everything to be over.

... and I behaved similarly to the way Mr Jaxx is behaving now. When I started failing my classes, rather than solving my problems by working harder in school, my depression made it impossible to catch up. It's not that I didn't want to work, it's that I couldn't work.

--

Dearest Mr Jaxx: I hope you're feeling ok. Reach out to me. I'm here for you.

To everyone else: The keyboard didn't work out. Getting angry at him will not magically solve your problem. The best you can do is cooperate, wait, and hope for the best.
[/color]

I don't know who you are but I understand your frustration. Your complaints are valid and have already been expressed by numerous other people.

But that is not how you speak to any person, especially someone like treeleaf. Not only has he been going through a bout of depression, but he was simply trying to be positive in a--to put it bluntly--crappy gb. You clearly have no idea who he is or what he's been through, so I suggest you take your own advice.

3 posts in over a year and this is the first one on this thread, even since everything happened. AND it's to attack someone who's comment had no reason to attract any hostility.

Offline chat and team

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 11:21:06 »

Hey mate I get your anger! You feel duped and rightly so. But attacking other people here won´t help. It wont make Jaxx magically start being a better person.
It sucks seeing someone that was so respected in the Keyboard hobby do something like this. It made me re-evaluate if I was willing to get into Groupbuys for a board with a private person that already shows signs of not communicating enough.

Now none of this is helpful for you and nothing will make this easier. You lost a god damned amount of money.
Either you guys all wait to see if he ever ships or people start exploring options of how to get jaxx to pay back money. Cause right now fact is....he wont speak to you guys.

lol  :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #339 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:21:44 »
Jaxx depression aka Ill preparation for this GB is still no excuse for his general lack of honesty and total dismissal of non se GB'ers. These are character flaws at this point.

Offline kronograf

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:27:30 »
Jaxx depression aka Ill preparation for this GB is still no excuse for his general lack of honesty and total dismissal of non se GB'ers. These are character flaws at this point.

If it helps it's not like we're getting any prompt updates either. I'm in the SE buy and the last we heard of him was when he said he'd hopefully update us 'tomorrow or Friday' last Wednesday.

I don't know who you are but I understand your frustration. Your complaints are valid and have already been expressed by numerous other people.

But that is not how you speak to any person, especially someone like treeleaf. Not only has he been going through a bout of depression, but he was simply trying to be positive in a--to put it bluntly--crappy gb. You clearly have no idea who he is or what he's been through, so I suggest you take your own advice.

3 posts in over a year and this is the first one on this thread, even since everything happened. AND it's to attack someone who's comment had no reason to attract any hostility.

I think people have a fair right to be irritated by GB non-participants who want to jump in and pop out their two cents' worth to try and convince everyone to get along and stop being big evil meanies. There is zero value-add happening here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:30:59 by kronograf »
jane me | 910 me

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 03:34:23 »
I think people have a fair right to be irritated by GB non-participants who want to jump in and pop out their two cents' worth to try and convince everyone to get along and stop being big evil meanies. There is zero value-add happening here.

100% a right to be irritated, but no right whatsoever to insult people. Everyone is frustrated, but there is literally nothing to be gained by flaming and insulting people.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:32:31 »
How many post di you have to have the the right to be upset that you fell like you being scammed? I just want to know before i get yelled at if i get to that point.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #343 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 17:09:59 »

100% a right to be irritated, but no right whatsoever to insult people. Everyone is frustrated, but there is literally nothing to be gained by flaming and insulting people.

I don't think it's reasonable to say you can't insult someone that mismanaged your money and trust. If Jaxx only gets insults resulting from this, then he got off easy in my view.

Offline dottt

« Reply #344 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 17:30:09 »
after DMing Jaxx a couple times for some updates, I received this:

jaxxstatic — Today at 5:22 PM
Hi. I am waiting on Elecrow for the PCBs as of now, but the Rukia case adjustments were successful. Things should fit no problem now, even with softer builds.  I paid for rush order, but that didn't really speed things up at all. The explanation right now that they've given is that there are shortages.
I apologize for the lack of updates, especially recently. I'm trying to either get out of government contracts or come up with a partition that allows for better separation from keyboard-related things. In that regard, things have been flip-flopping, so it's hard to give an outlook on future things.
BUT for Rukia round 2, as soon as the PCBs get here, I hope to finish things out quickly. Thank you for being so patient.

Dot — Today at 5:25 PM
Any chance we can get some photos of the alu tops? I understand you have issues with scif for pictures of large quantity items, but I would love to see the alu top colors

jaxxstatic — Today at 5:27 PM
working  on that. I really want to share how they came out, especially after the nightmare of making it happen and how many iterations it took.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 18:52:48 »
I’ve said it once before and I’ll say it again. I would love my case without the PCB. I already have a plate and pcb waiting for the case…. If the wait is because they’re waiting for chips to be found at their originally quoted cost… then it’s going to be a while (if not never). I had to approve a $19 increase per PCB on a recent project just to get them moving along.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 19:03:32 »
If an opt out of PCB list ever gets made. Please put me on it. Would gladly forfeit the cost so it can go back to the GB. 

Offline synthtastic

[GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 19:27:02 »
Just dropping by to cheer on Jaxx. Looking forward to getting this whenever it’s ready.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 20:02:14 »
Just dropping by to cheer on Jaxx. Looking forward to getting this whenever it’s ready.

Offline Leo66

« Reply #349 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 02:49:41 »
Good looking alice case I ever seen