Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 913772 times)

Offline megaforce

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #650 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 21:35:08 »
so when's the bbq

costco has some killer deals on brisket rn baby!
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #651 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 22:42:05 »
so when's the bbq

costco has some killer deals on brisket rn baby!
Rukia r2 bbq meetup? Sign me up
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline samuelcc

« Reply #652 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 23:32:05 »
Unfortunately I failed to get a chargeback as it has been over 540 days since transaction.
Wish I tried it some time earlier. Lesson learned.

Jaxx still keeps lying to all of us and plays the "hard life" card again.
Yeah sure Chinese Factory shipped the board for several months and the customs ruinned all the boards using box cutters.
You said that the board is gonna ship for several times when the pcb is not even prototyped.
Can't you just stop all the bullsh*t?

It is so funny to see all those simps who attacked doubters go silent now.
"Reputable Community Member" "Nice Guy" "Wholesome" yeah sure lol

Offline olsen34

« Reply #653 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 02:24:46 »
Pic or didn't happen.

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #654 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 03:48:01 »
From his May 31st update: “Some kits shipped out this week but without PCBs.”

Anyone know someone who actually received one so we can get confirmation the Rukia even exists?

Offline yhs

« Reply #655 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 08:50:18 »

Nah, I'm still here. I'm not saying Jaxx handled the GB, communication or transparency well, but I stand by my belief that Jaxx didn't intentionally scam anyone. I don't know for sure that I will ever see the Rukia I paid for, but despite the awful (and at times incoherent) communication and updates and despite understanding the frustration some may feel, I do think the hateful messages he has been receiving are unwarranted and horrible. And I sure as hell don't see any reason to start calling other users "simps" because you disagree with the views of some of the groupbuy participants..

I do not believe I ever "attacked" doubters though, and the only reason I have stayed away from this thread is that I don't see the point in a group of users (some of which are brand new accounts while others have openly stating they did not join this GB) continuously complaining and attacking Jaxx. I understand the frustration, I just don't see the point or purpose of having 10 pages of posts that can essentially be boiled down to "Jaxx is an idiot, **** this GB".

If you're certain you got scammed (worst exit scam ever btw), then you may find that trying to recover your money is a better approach than hanging out here using hateful slurs to describe Geekhack users you disagree with, but to each their own.

Speaking of simps, these are a couple of weak ass soyboiz right here:

Calling other users out stating they are "weak ass soyboiz", really? Damn..
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 09:10:50 by yhs »

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #656 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 09:31:34 »

You already got your chargeback approved, so not really sure why you're still hanging around here just to insult others.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #657 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 10:19:36 »

You already got your chargeback approved, so not really sure why you're still hanging around here just to insult others.

I sure as hell don't see any reason to start calling other users "simps" because you disagree with the views of some of the groupbuy participants..

Calling other users out stating they are "weak ass soyboiz", really? Damn..

Thanks, synthtastic, and thanks, yhs - I couldn't have said any of that better myself.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the point is in calling out other users.  At least samulcc's comment wasn't addressing a specific user.
XUR, I understand your frustration, and you seem to have gotten your money back. Whatever your issue is I'm pretty sure it's not with me or Panduuh.  I'm not sure what a soyboi is, but I can assure you my spine has all it's vertebrae and I'm not simping anyone - I'm just being kind.

When we join groupbuys, there's always a risk that things go sideways, the runner runs off with the money, gets sick, worldwide pandemic, whatever.  So yeah, I'm thanking Jaxx for showing up and letting us know that he still intends to fulfill this.

Of course I wish we had more frequent updates, of course I wish I had a board already.  I spent hundreds of dollars on this buy just like the rest of you and I'm concerned I might never see anything for it.  Now maybe I'm getting old, and perhaps I have a romanticized idea of what a groupbuy is.  For me, it's always been a way to get some cool **** that 1) you can't buy from a store, because it's not mass-produced, and 2) can only be paid for when community members come together in order to achieve realistic order quantities and prices.

A lot of the accounts posting seem to have been created recently - or around the time this groupbuy started.  Some of the attitudes seem to imply an expectation that there's the same relationship here between us and jaxx as there would be with any big company - an idea that there's no real financial impact on the "company" by individual actions.  This is only my opinion, but I think a groupbuy is different.  And while I'd never tell anybody what choices to make with their money, I imagine it doesn't help the groupbuy to issue chargebacks, or to encourage others to do the same en masse.  In fact, you could be jeopardizing the chances of things working out for those of us who still have a stake in the buy.

XUR, it seems your comment has been removed in the time I've been writing this.  In another of your comments you wrote:

Instead of being on the vulnerable end and having your money taken while hoping endlessly, I rather be in more control and try to buy an extra if this keyboard actually materializes. Until then, I don’t have to worry about if I will ever get what I paid for.

Groupbuys aren't for everyone.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 10:22:31 by dyrdevil »

Offline thicthock

« Reply #658 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 11:17:54 »
All of this would be easily resolved if Jaxx would have just posted one picture of the Boars hes working on.

He refuses.
He says the same things over and over.

A lot of the accounts posting seem to have been created recently - or around the time this groupbuy started.  Some of the attitudes seem to imply an expectation that there's the same relationship here between us and jaxx as there would be with any big company - an idea that there's no real financial impact on the "company" by individual actions.  This is only my opinion, but I think a groupbuy is different.  And while I'd never tell anybody what choices to make with their money, I imagine it doesn't help the groupbuy to issue chargebacks, or to encourage others to do the same en masse.  In fact, you could be jeopardizing the chances of things working out for those of us who still have a stake in the buy.

This is super condescending. A normal groupbuy has the maker share updates and pictures and such. So that users dont have to worry even if something goes wrong.
Jaxx refuses to do anything to make the doubts go and you actually have the gall to tell people chargebacks of their money doesnt help?

Big yikes.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #659 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 11:32:21 »

This is super condescending. A normal groupbuy has the maker share updates and pictures and such. So that users dont have to worry even if something goes wrong.
Jaxx refuses to do anything to make the doubts go and you actually have the gall to tell people chargebacks of their money doesnt help?

Big yikes.

Apologies for coming across as condescending, that's certainly not my intent.  I'm just trying to illustrate that when someone in a groupbuy protects themself financially via something like a chargeback, it has a potentially negative effect on the financial security of the buy as a whole. 

That choice is absolutely each individual's own to make, and I'll say again these are just my own opinions, and I'd never presume to tell someone what to do.

If I personally thought a groupbuy runner disappeared, ran away from the community, tried to swindle me, would I issue a chargeback? Yes, I might.  Personally, I've seen enough activity from Jaxx and through Gondo over the summer to indicate that hasn't happened, so I'm not at that place myself.  It's just a fairly severe measure to take.  What it takes for each person to get to their breaking point.. I guess that varies.

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #660 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 12:42:15 »
Personally, I've seen enough activity from Jaxx and through Gondo over the summer to indicate that hasn't happened

Are we following the same group buy? The one where Gondo had to threaten to withhold the pcb software just to get in contact with Jax? With all the evidence we have, or lack thereof, it's pretty selfish of you to ask ppl to not take action and risk losing $500 just so you can keep hoping your board delivers
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline kronograf

« Reply #661 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 12:43:56 »

well, here's a new date to look forward (?) to

jaxx where is my refund
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 12:50:44 by kronograf »
jane me | 910 me

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #662 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 12:57:44 »
Personally, I've seen enough activity from Jaxx and through Gondo over the summer to indicate that hasn't happened

Are we following the same group buy? The one where Gondo had to threaten to withhold the pcb software just to get in contact with Jax? With all the evidence we have, or lack thereof, it's pretty selfish of you to ask ppl to not take action and risk losing $500 just so you can keep hoping your board delivers

I'm not asking anyone to do anything.  I've stated numerous times these are only my own opinions, that everybody is free to make their own choices and that I'd never tell anybody what to do.  All I've done is try to state some ideas about how groupbuys happen (and I'm not blind to how ****ty they can be).

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear enough, but I'm really trying my best to reply thoughtfully and courteously.  I've been called a simp, spineless, soiboi, condescending, and selfish overnight, essentially because I thanked Jaxx for showing up.  I can't sit here all day trying to craft decent responses to people who call me names, so I'd appreciate it if we could keep the discussion as civil as possible among group buy participants. 

3ambutter, I understand how you might think I'm being selfish.  You're well within your rights to do whatever you like with regards to this groupbuy, and I'm well within my rights to hope it succeeds.  I don't think that's being selfish - or at least, any more selfish than someone wanting their money back.    We all want back what we put into this, whether its $500 or a $500 keyboard. 

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #663 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 13:28:52 »
I just want to be clear: I have no beef with anyone here.  I also mean no disrespect towards anyone here, or their opinions. 

I didn't like the comments by the user that were deleted, because they seemed unnecessarily offensive.

There is a lot of understandable frustration with this groupbuy being voiced.  I am frustrated too. I just want my voice to also be heard, which is that I'm content for now to continue waiting and hoping for this to fulfill.  Presumably there are some others who feel similarly, but I don't know.

I have a great deal of respect for those of you who are voicing strong opinions.  The community needs to demand accountability in this hobby, and to police itself in a way.  I'm just trying to be part of the discussion.

Offline solianne

« Reply #664 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 14:09:51 »
I just want to be clear: I have no beef with anyone here.  I also mean no disrespect towards anyone here, or their opinions. 

I didn't like the comments by the user that were deleted, because they seemed unnecessarily offensive.

There is a lot of understandable frustration with this groupbuy being voiced.  I am frustrated too. I just want my voice to also be heard, which is that I'm content for now to continue waiting and hoping for this to fulfill.  Presumably there are some others who feel similarly, but I don't know.

I have a great deal of respect for those of you who are voicing strong opinions.  The community needs to demand accountability in this hobby, and to police itself in a way.  I'm just trying to be part of the discussion.

hi i hav ? after now we hav date 2 look if jax say show up at date n he hav no pic n only excus 4 y no pic do u jus say thx u 4 lyin to my face ??? that y i think ppl say things u point out. mb i be wrong but wen some1 keep lyin 2 my face n go away then com back n not hav ne pic of y they gon i not care if they com back. dis y i think ppl say simp n stuff bc jus havin words n excuse but no pic or nething not good enuf now. he not even say 5% don or nething. u cn say mom is sick n also say only 5% don u kno.

Offline XUR

« Reply #665 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 19:17:34 »
@dyrdevil - I will own up to the call outs I did as being unnecessary and too ad hominem, but my point still remains. Case in point, when you suggested to not do the chargebacks… literally the only thing that has worked so far and the only leg we have to stand on successfully. That’s just unbelievable. SMH!!!!

If you want your money taken, because it’s obvious that you’re seeing things from a distorted and rosey lens, keep it to yourself. Don’t bring others down with the ship, who have a chance of getting on a lifeboat. Thanking Jaxx for a nonsense of an “update” also DOES NOT HELP. 1.5 years of this nonsense and with this thread spelling things out clear as day still doesn’t get through to you, lmao…

I guess I technically don’t have a bone in this fight anymore since I escaped, but I still have 1.5 years spent in this circus. So you could say I have some emotional attachment to see justice served and to help people help themselves, because CLEARLY not everyone can read obvious patterns under their nose… i.e. the same types of updates Jaxx has been giving all this time.

Offline kronograf

« Reply #666 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 22:49:41 »
hi i hav ? after now we hav date 2 look if jax say show up at date n he hav no pic n only excus 4 y no pic do u jus say thx u 4 lyin to my face ??? that y i think ppl say things u point out. mb i be wrong but wen some1 keep lyin 2 my face n go away then com back n not hav ne pic of y they gon i not care if they com back. dis y i think ppl say simp n stuff bc jus havin words n excuse but no pic or nething not good enuf now. he not even say 5% don or nething. u cn say mom is sick n also say only 5% don u kno.

Why are you buying a $500+ keyboard if you type like this?
jane me | 910 me

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #667 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 05:58:31 »

Your W key broke?

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #668 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 10:37:41 »

Your W key broke?

Something is broke there but I don't think it's the keyboard....

Offline pleasega

« Reply #669 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 10:41:06 »
the question is why does jaxx not have pictures now? and only pictures in october? what about those scuffed rukias from the china manu? i hope the next update he doesnt just show a few rukias, imagine only having a few after 1 and a half years...

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #670 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 13:36:22 »
the question is why does jaxx not have pictures now? and only pictures in october? what about those scuffed rukias from the china manu? i hope the next update he doesnt just show a few rukias, imagine only having a few after 1 and a half years...

Jaxx will answer those questions in the form of SCIF or silence like how he has been doing so. Where are the alu tops? SCIF. Where are the Rukias from the first batch? SCIF. Are there pictures of the rest of the Rukias? SCIF. Then he will go silent for a while. He hasn’t really answered any questions for or given a solid update with pictures, actual numbers, etc. I’m waiting for the day he proves me wrong but with his most recent post he has yet to do so.

I fully understand he has stuff going on in his personal life but he has thousands of dollars of people’s money still. At least he can offload updates to his mods or friends. It’s not a question of a $500 board, it’s more of concern that it’s 100+ $500 boards that are unaccounted for at the moment.

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #671 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 20:08:11 »
I hope we get pictures as part of the update planned in the future. It's not that hard to post some pictures to provide evidence they exist.

In my book, we don't have pictures because the boards don't exist...simple as that  :(

Offline ohmypizza

« Reply #672 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 21:06:10 »
I hope we get pictures as part of the update planned in the future. It's not that hard to post some pictures to provide evidence they exist.

In my book, we don't have pictures because the boards don't exist...simple as that  :(

Yeah... but not only the lack of pictures - there's literally not a single update concretely saying ANY part has been finished. Like what happened to sandblasting the bottoms? 100+ days and still 1/4 done?

I speculate that Jaxx does intend (or just wishfully hope) to finish the project but:
1. completely underestimated the difficulty to do it in-house / overestimated his capability to do so;
--> 2. now has liquidity problems / already blew up the entire Rukia investment;
--> 3. working on another job to get $ to finish Rukia... - which means he is not or is barely "working on it" hence the extreme delays that cannot be disclosed.

Regardless of whether the above is true or not, it most likely would've been better if Jaxx just called it quits and pulled out at the first instance of some colossal **** up instead of digging himself a deeper hole IMO.

The reason why I rant so much here is because some of us don't live in a jurisdiction with pro-consumer laws and regs to warrant a chargeback... but yeah groupbuy risks blahblah welp

Offline FiddyFathoms

« Reply #673 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 00:04:17 »
Some of the attitudes seem to imply an expectation that there's the same relationship here between us and jaxx as there would be with any big company - an idea that there's no real financial impact on the "company" by individual actions.  This is only my opinion, but I think a groupbuy is different.  And while I'd never tell anybody what choices to make with their money, I imagine it doesn't help the groupbuy to issue chargebacks, or to encourage others to do the same en masse.  In fact, you could be jeopardizing the chances of things working out for those of us who still have a stake in the buy.

You need to GTFO of here with that. You must really like buying snake oil. The reality is, there IS NO board. And if there is ever going to be one, it's probably not another year away because clearly, Jaxx has barely even started on anything.

At that point, this board isn't even worth having for the way the group buy patrons have been treated. You'll be owning something forged from a 2 year+ dumpster fire, which isn't exactly good pedigree.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #674 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 00:41:00 »
Some of the attitudes seem to imply an expectation that there's the same relationship here between us and jaxx as there would be with any big company - an idea that there's no real financial impact on the "company" by individual actions.  This is only my opinion, but I think a groupbuy is different.  And while I'd never tell anybody what choices to make with their money, I imagine it doesn't help the groupbuy to issue chargebacks, or to encourage others to do the same en masse.  In fact, you could be jeopardizing the chances of things working out for those of us who still have a stake in the buy.

You need to GTFO of here with that. You must really like buying snake oil. The reality is, there IS NO board. And if there is ever going to be one, it's probably not another year away because clearly, Jaxx has barely even started on anything.

At that point, this board isn't even worth having for the way the group buy patrons have been treated. You'll be owning something forged from a 2 year+ dumpster fire, which isn't exactly good pedigree.

Agreed.

Amazon isn't holding people's money for 2 years with nothing to show for it.

My problem with this GB is Jaxx has treated his customers with zero respect. He has no respect for the people that gave him hundreds of dollars.

You would think that the least someone could buy for $500 is the courtesy of reasonable updates and truthfulness.

Offline yhehdgjs

« Reply #675 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 05:24:47 »
I'm not sure if Jaxx will read these thread but ...

Honestly, we don't give a shxt about your life. All that excuses are not our concerns.

If you want us to wait more than we expected, give us some fuxking transparency with evidence.

This is not a good way to run your own business.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 September 2021, 05:27:34 by yhehdgjs »

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 09:04:34 »
Whew this blew up
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #677 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 09:45:25 »
give pics end this madness not that hard
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #678 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 11:07:03 »

Agreed.

Amazon isn't holding people's money for 2 years with nothing to show for it.

My problem with this GB is Jaxx has treated his customers with zero respect. He has no respect for the people that gave him hundreds of dollars.

You would think that the least someone could buy for $500 is the courtesy of reasonable updates and truthfulness.

Upon some reflection, I feel that some of my previous comments may have implied that I think the events of this groupbuy are normal, or to be expected and understood.  That was not my intention, and I'm sorry to anyone who felt that I was trivializing their frustration.

To be clear, I'm not supporting or defending the lack of communication.  I'm just saying that personally (just for myself)... I'm not at the point where I'd issue a credit card chargeback because Jaxx is still around and seems like he intends to work this out, as sideways as it may have gone.  I totally understand why others might not feel the same. 

Throughout the summer I wasn't personally under the impression that Jaxx had cut and run.  I was under the impression he was avoiding communication while trying to fix things because he believed it to be essential to his health, and would update when he had something to say.  This impression was supported by Gondo's much-appreciated updates.  This impression was also supported by Jaxx's last message a few days ago. 

I don't have any idea what's going on with this buy or with Jaxx behind the scenes.  I actually agree with people in principle that updates ideally should be about business only and that good communication is vital.  I also know from firsthand experience that groupbuys can be a ****show and that the pandemic has been hard on lots of people, so this brings me to my current stance which is that I don't personally feel like I need to do a credit card chargeback because I do think Jaxx is still trying to get me a board.

I'm not happy about all of this.. I'm just... I don't know... keeping my pitchfork in storage
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 September 2021, 11:10:23 by dyrdevil »

Offline XUR

« Reply #679 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 11:38:59 »
^After reading that and seeing how incredibly ignorant you are, my soyboi comment earlier honestly has some validity, but whatever. You dodge red flags better than Neo dodges bullets in the Matrix, and it's beyond annoying.

In what figment of your imagination is leading you to believe that Jaxx is really trying to give you a board? What proof do you have? After 1.5+ years, we know more about his personal inconveniences and stance on SCIF than we do about the actual board. The PCBs aren't even figured out, this late in the game, and it's been over 100 days with no communication and no proper update, yet you still think he's trying to get you a board.

FiddyFathoms already said it, THERE IS NO BOARD. And if there is one, be prepared to wait 2-3+ years at the rate this has all been going. When do YOU think you're going to get this board in your hands?

I just hope others reading this thread are not influenced by your inaneness, because your perspective is so far removed from reality.

To others, not you because you're hopeless: Stop the disrespect and this nonsense, do all you can to get a chargeback, and get YOUR MONEY back. If the board materializes, buy it then in the year 2030. If not, you have your money and can move on with life and other boards that actually deliver.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #680 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 12:14:59 »
^After reading that and seeing how incredibly ignorant you are, my soyboi comment earlier honestly has some validity, but whatever. You dodge red flags better than Neo dodges bullets in the Matrix, and it's beyond annoying.

In what figment of your imagination is leading you to believe that Jaxx is really trying to give you a board? What proof do you have? After 1.5+ years, we know more about his personal inconveniences and stance on SCIF than we do about the actual board. The PCBs aren't even figured out, this late in the game, and it's been over 100 days with no communication and no proper update, yet you still think he's trying to get you a board.

FiddyFathoms already said it, THERE IS NO BOARD. And if there is one, be prepared to wait 2-3+ years at the rate this has all been going. When do YOU think you're going to get this board in your hands?

I just hope others reading this thread are not influenced by your inaneness, because your perspective is so far removed from reality.

To others, not you because you're hopeless: Stop the disrespect and this nonsense, do all you can to get a chargeback, and get YOUR MONEY back. If the board materializes, buy it then in the year 2030. If not, you have your money and can move on with life and other boards that actually deliver.

@XUR: 

in response to the questions you asked me:
I've known Jaxx for a little while and don't think he seems like he'd be the type to screw people over.
I have no proof.
I don't know when I might get the board.  I'm busy rn personally so I'm ok to keep waiting.  Maybe I'll feel differently in the future.

I don't know how many times I can say I respect and understand yours and other's opinions and frustrations while also trying to articulate my own.
I'm not going to keep saying the same thing, but it's all right there in my post history if you want to read it.

I very rarely type things like this because I actively try not to be hostile but I'm also not going to sit here and not defend myself while you double down on childish insults, so you can take whatever bs you're directing at me with your refund and **** right off 

i dont know if that goes against gh terms, so maybe this will be removed but i have no interest in being belittled by this child who is no longer part of the groupbuy

Offline TopreMoon

« Reply #681 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 12:25:47 »
So people complained that Jaxx wasn't updating enough, which was fair - but the moment he updates, yall **** on him for not giving more?

Please, if he ran off with our money, he would have stopped the pretenses a long time ago.

Angry with the delay? This is what group buys are. We send money to a person/group willing to organize and produce a product that normally would never get produced. You do the research and determine the level of risk. Presumably, if you join a group buy, you accepted the level of risk involved. Group Buy 101. If you don't like it...then probably don't join group buys? Wait for extras or in-stock sales?

All of these delays we're seeing are pretty reasonable, given the circumstances. It seems that anything that could go wrong has gone wrong, all in the middle of COVID - and its ultimately one dude trying to make this all work.

****ting on the organizer is never productive. Screaming scam is never productive unless its during a GB to warn people of past experiences.

Honestly, I wager most people yelling scam just like drama. Nothing about this seems unreasonable as far as group buys are concerned. Jaxx set up high standards and failed to meet them. That's on him and it's okay that we're disappointed. But the disrespect some people are reacting with is a lot more disappointing. Calling people simps for still supporting Jaxx? I don't have words for that kind of person. I completely understand why Jaxx is limiting his interactions with us, even without the legal advise to do so.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #682 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 12:36:53 »
All of this drama could be cleared up with Jaxx showing pictures of boards that he claimed shipped to him. I assume he is aware of that.

Offline TopreMoon

« Reply #683 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 13:00:03 »
All of this drama could be cleared up with Jaxx showing pictures of boards that he claimed shipped to him. I assume he is aware of that.

Given the tone of people demanding pictures, I almost doubt it would clear anything up. The authenticity would be question ("anyone can modify a timestamp! theses are from R1!") and it sounds like a whole can of worms would open that would be another headache, especially if there is legal advice against it.

If you don't trust the organizer, you're not going to trust anything they provide (just look at the world today). The only way for this drama to be cleared is by delivering the boards. Everything else is just more fuel for the fire (as evident by how people reacted by the most recent update).

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #684 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 13:26:45 »
So people complained that Jaxx wasn't updating enough, which was fair - but the moment he updates, yall **** on him for not giving more?

Please, if he ran off with our money, he would have stopped the pretenses a long time ago.

Angry with the delay? This is what group buys are. We send money to a person/group willing to organize and produce a product that normally would never get produced. You do the research and determine the level of risk. Presumably, if you join a group buy, you accepted the level of risk involved. Group Buy 101. If you don't like it...then probably don't join group buys? Wait for extras or in-stock sales?

All of these delays we're seeing are pretty reasonable, given the circumstances. It seems that anything that could go wrong has gone wrong, all in the middle of COVID - and its ultimately one dude trying to make this all work.

****ting on the organizer is never productive. Screaming scam is never productive unless its during a GB to warn people of past experiences.

Honestly, I wager most people yelling scam just like drama. Nothing about this seems unreasonable as far as group buys are concerned. Jaxx set up high standards and failed to meet them. That's on him and it's okay that we're disappointed. But the disrespect some people are reacting with is a lot more disappointing. Calling people simps for still supporting Jaxx? I don't have words for that kind of person. I completely understand why Jaxx is limiting his interactions with us, even without the legal advise to do so.

I get what you are saying but there hasn’t been a single update on the actual keyboards since he posted pictures nearly 5 months ago in early May. In any group buy, you would expect some kind of significant updates after 4-5 months. I personally think that Jaxx hasn’t run off with the money, he just bit off more than he could chew by moving the production in-house and it spiraled out of control. Polycarbonate has high failure rates and taking the manufacturing in-house in the middle of production was likely the wrong call. There are risks for joining a group buy but Jaxx introduced unnecessary risk by taking on the manufacturing himself. Not only that, it’s a bit of a red flag that even Gondo had to speak up and talk about the PCB fitment issues.

I get it. The community loves drama. If Jaxx actually provided weekly updates like he promised a long time ago and said things will be better, there would be less drama. A lot of us have given him multiple chances to earn or keep our trust as a group buy runner. There was even supposed to be a stream of a Rukia R2 being built but that never happened. Where are the owners of the Rukias that were shipped out in May? It’s been a long streak of false promises that causes drama like this.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #685 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 14:07:44 »
Sincere question… (I don’t have any information that everyone else doesn’t have btw)….

What if Jaxx came out and said…. “Hey guys, I’m sorry, some decisions/partnerships I made were a mistake and this GB will be unable to be fulfilled.” 

I personally think that honesty would be better than silence or dodging of issues, but how would it be taken if that were the answer?  I’m curious if that would be a better approach and when would be the right time to say something like that. I’m a disappointment customer just like most of you, but I’m trying to put myself in someone’s shoes that would have to go through something like that.

Offline XUR

« Reply #686 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 14:14:48 »
I very rarely type things like this because I actively try not to be hostile but I'm also not going to sit here and not defend myself while you double down on childish insults, so you can take whatever bs you're directing at me with your refund and **** right off 

i dont know if that goes against gh terms, so maybe this will be removed but i have no interest in being belittled by this child who is no longer part of the groupbuy

If only you'd stand up to circus show of a non-product Group Buy, happening right under your nose, as you did to me  ;D

If you genuinely consider that an update, you need more help than just getting your money back. Another example of why it's easy to roll over and pull the wool over the eyes of the types of people that sign up for these group buys.

To spell it out for you: that wasn't an update. We know nothing about the boards. We know nothing about any "update" in the past 100 days on the boards, just like how we never saw any definitive proof of the boards in the past 1.5+ Y E A R S. We DO know more about Jaxx's personal life, though.

Offline TopreMoon

« Reply #687 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 15:10:28 »

I get what you are saying but there hasn’t been a single update on the actual keyboards since he posted pictures nearly 5 months ago in early May. In any group buy, you would expect some kind of significant updates after 4-5 months. I personally think that Jaxx hasn’t run off with the money, he just bit off more than he could chew by moving the production in-house and it spiraled out of control. Polycarbonate has high failure rates and taking the manufacturing in-house in the middle of production was likely the wrong call. There are risks for joining a group buy but Jaxx introduced unnecessary risk by taking on the manufacturing himself. Not only that, it’s a bit of a red flag that even Gondo had to speak up and talk about the PCB fitment issues.

I get it. The community loves drama. If Jaxx actually provided weekly updates like he promised a long time ago and said things will be better, there would be less drama. A lot of us have given him multiple chances to earn or keep our trust as a group buy runner. There was even supposed to be a stream of a Rukia R2 being built but that never happened. Where are the owners of the Rukias that were shipped out in May? It’s been a long streak of false promises that causes drama like this.

I agree with you, and I'm definitely disappointed that he didn't fulfil his various promises. I think calling him out on it is perfectly reasonable.

But at the end of the day, we always have to remember - its a group buy organized by one dude. It gets overwhelming, especially when things do not go as expected. It only takes a little bit of empathy to see how running a GB can be a rollercoaster of emotions. You queue everything up, order everything, bam - massive shipping delays. Bam, something is off-spec and needs to re-enter the manufacturing queue. Bam, something tripled in price. Just when you think you're finally catching up, bam, something else goes wrong.

And realistically, as participants of GBs, we should know and understand that this is a possibility, and not only just a possibility, but a likely scenario. Most GBs are delayed for one reason or another.

The 'community' in this group buy has been the weirdest in the sense that it has been the most aggressive I've seen in a long time.  It really feels like there are some people here who is trying to incite unrest. It really feels like - and still feels like, there are some people who are just out to get him. Or they're treating the Rukia like an investment and they thought they could make a quick buck reselling it and are upset that it is anything but quick.

In other GBs with delays, the community is generally supportive - "Worry about your own health first", "No worries, it's just a keyboard!", "No one NEEDs this keyboard, take your time to get it right!".

With this, people have been screaming and demanding proof (on discord) that far exceeds what is typically expected way before the original deadlines.

I'm not trying to defend Jaxx's actions or anything. I'm just saying have a bit of empathy because while it is just $400-600 to us (and it is really "just", because anything but "just" is just a bad financial decision, really, it is "just" a keyboard), it's Jaxx's life and livelihood. He's the one sacrificing time, health, and at this point, probably money, to get us our boards. Have a bit of empathy and realize that screaming negativity (not directed at you) does no one any good, and ultimately makes things worse.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 September 2021, 15:12:28 by TopreMoon »

Offline azack

« Reply #688 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 16:02:33 »

I agree with you, and I'm definitely disappointed that he didn't fulfil his various promises. I think calling him out on it is perfectly reasonable.

But at the end of the day, we always have to remember - its a group buy organized by one dude. It gets overwhelming, especially when things do not go as expected. It only takes a little bit of empathy to see how running a GB can be a rollercoaster of emotions. You queue everything up, order everything, bam - massive shipping delays. Bam, something is off-spec and needs to re-enter the manufacturing queue. Bam, something tripled in price. Just when you think you're finally catching up, bam, something else goes wrong.

And realistically, as participants of GBs, we should know and understand that this is a possibility, and not only just a possibility, but a likely scenario. Most GBs are delayed for one reason or another.

The 'community' in this group buy has been the weirdest in the sense that it has been the most aggressive I've seen in a long time.  It really feels like there are some people here who is trying to incite unrest. It really feels like - and still feels like, there are some people who are just out to get him. Or they're treating the Rukia like an investment and they thought they could make a quick buck reselling it and are upset that it is anything but quick.

In other GBs with delays, the community is generally supportive - "Worry about your own health first", "No worries, it's just a keyboard!", "No one NEEDs this keyboard, take your time to get it right!".

With this, people have been screaming and demanding proof (on discord) that far exceeds what is typically expected way before the original deadlines.

I'm not trying to defend Jaxx's actions or anything. I'm just saying have a bit of empathy because while it is just $400-600 to us (and it is really "just", because anything but "just" is just a bad financial decision, really, it is "just" a keyboard), it's Jaxx's life and livelihood. He's the one sacrificing time, health, and at this point, probably money, to get us our boards. Have a bit of empathy and realize that screaming negativity (not directed at you) does no one any good, and ultimately makes things worse.

I'm pretty sure people were pretty supportive and nice to jaxx right up till the point he started to tell "lies", gave no updates and ghosted people. You really can't blame people for being "aggressive" to him at this point in time. And kudos to you for still believing everything he has said about the delays :)

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #689 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 16:13:24 »

Empathy is a two way street.

Jaxx can't demand empathy for his situation without giving empathy for people that gave him money.

It is disrespectful for him to not provide the full story of what happened.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 September 2021, 16:15:11 by DukeEsquire »

Offline geohammy

« Reply #690 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 16:20:28 »

Except he didn't actually give an update about the board that people bought. He just shifted the blame and played the victim card to buy himself more time. Stop simping for a guy who took tens, even hundreds of thousands of dollars from people and doesn't even have proof the boards exist. This group buy will either ship in 2054 or end up just being a scam, so I would get out if you still can.
Unagi, Bias, Dolphin, XTAL

Join the YVKB Discord:
https://discord.gg/pCjDYqup6r

Offline XUR

« Reply #691 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 17:19:18 »
The reality is, there IS NO board. And if there is ever going to be one, it's probably not another year away because clearly, Jaxx has barely even started on anything.

Except he didn't actually give an update about the board that people bought. He just shifted the blame and played the victim card to buy himself more time. Stop simping for a guy who took tens, even hundreds of thousands of dollars from people and doesn't even have proof the boards exist. This group buy will either ship in 2054 or end up just being a scam, so I would get out if you still can.

Lol @ people saying the exact same things. But at least some people get it.

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #692 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 17:25:59 »

Things are stalled right now for several reasons, including-but-not-limited-to the following:
-2 separate CNC crashes
-shoulder injury
-working overtime on a contract job to fund continuing with Rukia

According to your update, no progress is being made due to these issues. If that is the case, what action is being taken to resolve these issues? Stating the issues with no plan to address them is not beneficial information.

Are we waiting on CNC repairs?

Are we waiting for you to physically recover?

Are we waiting until you work enough overtime to have the funds to complete the group buy?

Do we have to wait until all 3 are resolved for the GB to be fulfilled?

The update creates more questions than it answers.

Any sort of elaboration would be appreciated.
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline olsen34

« Reply #693 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 00:08:47 »
Giving "updates" around the time people start doing chargebacks, and most important of all he doesn't address about the chargebacks in the updates. Sus.

Offline thicthock

« Reply #694 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 02:48:45 »
Lets be honest you guys have better chances with the KBDFANS Maja v2 arriving before Jaxx will ever get anywhere with this board.

Offline yhehdgjs

« Reply #695 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 06:46:39 »
Someone is not getting a point here.

People who joined GB are not angry BC it's been delayed. Most of the people understand delays, it happens.
Most of the people in keyboard community understands the process of GB and doesn't easily gets this angry, just because it's being delayed.

We are fxxking angry, because he does not provide a single definitive evidence, that GB is happening.

Have you ever seen a GB that runs for this long, with no regular updates, ghosting and NO DEFINITIVE EVIDENCE?

We are not fxxking angry about delays and the the risk that we have to take as a GB.

This just looks like a scam.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #696 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 11:16:43 »
Someone is not getting a point here.

People who joined GB are not angry BC it's been delayed. Most of the people understand delays, it happens.
Most of the people in keyboard community understands the process of GB and doesn't easily gets this angry, just because it's being delayed.

We are fxxking angry, because he does not provide a single definitive evidence, that GB is happening.

Have you ever seen a GB that runs for this long, with no regular updates, ghosting and NO DEFINITIVE EVIDENCE?

We are not fxxking angry about delays and the the risk that we have to take as a GB.

This just looks like a scam.

Updates cost $00.00.

Jaxx sees himself as a victim. Every bit of communication is designed to make the reader feel sorry for him.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #697 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 13:05:22 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:21:03 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline mmontess

« Reply #698 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 18:14:20 »

Lyra. Lynx L50. Lumina, Exent maybe

You can tell this is a loooooooot of people's first experience with a group buy going poorly, lol

Offline singabore

« Reply #699 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 19:08:22 »
The reality is, there IS NO board. And if there is ever going to be one, it's probably not another year away because clearly, Jaxx has barely even started on anything.

Lol @ people saying the exact same things. But at least some people get it.

didn't you say you got your chargeback already? why you still in here dawg?