Author Topic: [IC] GMK Trays (Updated 8/18/15) Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods put on hold  (Read 66871 times)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: [IC] GMK Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods (Updated 7/27/15)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 23:36:55 »

I wonder if this is still happening, due to recent discoveries.

Link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68609.0

That would be fairly disturbing, especially since KappaKaps picked up a good quantity of BillNye's Bluegaloo mods to resell with "all profits going to charity."

http://www.kappakapps.com

Show Image

Maybe someone will tell us what he actually did to get banned on his pacifist account, because why the hell would he spend a lot of money to pick up sets, and also fund himself, before selling, the Cyrillic caps. He didn't purchase a couple of the blue sets, he purchased quite a bit. And who cares if it goes to charity? I think it will, but only after he pays himself what he needs to in order to keep the site up. It costs quite a bit to run a store and keep it up. Why would someone who seems committed buy a bunch of sets, and sell them at near-retail price, and then people get pissed off. He is doing something that I find nice for people who miss out and it gives them a second chance. Also, by donating to charity he gets to deduct it from his tax form, so he is actually paying less by donating to charity as far as taxes go, otherwise anything he keeps as income would be taxed. Until we know why he was banned in the first place, I would lay off of him.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 00:06:41 »

That would be fairly disturbing, especially since KappaKaps picked up a good quantity of BillNye's Bluegaloo mods to resell with "all profits going to charity."

Show Image

Maybe someone will tell us what he actually did to get banned on his pacifist account, because why the hell would he spend a lot of money to pick up sets, and also fund himself, before selling, the Cyrillic caps. He didn't purchase a couple of the blue sets, he purchased quite a bit. And who cares if it goes to charity? I think it will, but only after he pays himself what he needs to in order to keep the site up. It costs quite a bit to run a store and keep it up. Why would someone who seems committed buy a bunch of sets, and sell them at near-retail price, and then people get pissed off. He is doing something that I find nice for people who miss out and it gives them a second chance. Also, by donating to charity he gets to deduct it from his tax form, so he is actually paying less by donating to charity as far as taxes go, otherwise anything he keeps as income would be taxed. Until we know why he was banned in the first place, I would lay off of him.

If I ever remember correctly the Cyrillic and red mods kit are being run as a traditional group buy under the KappaKapps name - its not a retail operation.

I think maybe people are miscontruing the whole "all profits to charity thing" - just because you sell a set for more than what you paid for it doesn't mean you necessarily made a profit - KappaKapps is obviously going to pay themselves something and have to pay to keep the site running

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 00:53:14 »
Welp, I guess the cat's out of the bag for him.

Does GH have a policy towards former known scammers?

I was really looking forward to the red mod pack. Do we have another person that could pick it up or is KappaKapps still going to proceed with it?
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2015, 00:59:07 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 01:18:39 »
I was really looking forward to the red mod pack. Do we have another person that could pick it up or is KappaKapps still going to proceed with it?
The GB may go on with him being involved on r/MK and r/mechmarket but I can't say for sure. With this discovery I don't know if he will make MOQ though without some of GH, which is a shame because I wanted those Red Mods as well, and cases.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 01:18:49 »

he just probably can't proceed w/ direct business on here, so he could keep his site

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
    • KappaKapps - Artisan Kapps
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 01:59:03 »
The team at KappaKapps is currently dealing with this "Pacifist" incident. Previously, we were mildly aware of what had happened, but did not investigate further. We are now taking a deeper look into what had happened.

While we sort out the details on our end, I, the founder of KappaKapps, would like to tell the community that the individual who went by "Pacifist" on GeekHack joined our team as a part time consultant and designer. He briefly mentioned some issues with GeekHack and thus his work was limited to behind the scenes operations on the technical aspects of various keycap projects and designing graphics for the website. The furthest extent of his involvement with various community websites was limited communication on other sites such as Twitter and Reddit. At this time, we cannot divulge further information about his occupation at KappaKapps.

The rest of the team hopes to reconcile any issues the community may have with our mission and any problems the community had with "Pacifist". We are still focused on bringing group buys and artisan keycaps to the community, with all our profits going to charity. More details will come later. The Cyrillic  group buy will begin as previously planned next week at the same time as Classic Beige. We will try our best to answer any questions the community may have.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2015, 02:04:53 by KappaKapps »

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 07:40:08 »

Show Image

Because running a GB means being responsible for taking MOQ 250 * ~$115USD in advance, to the tune of ~$28k. Establishing a rep as a store within 2 months, or even as part of one, has superseded his previous dealings including flipping bros for obscene amounts openly and against brocap's wishes, and then winning byker's raffle and claiming that he'd "never won a bro."

To me, the charity is only an red flag because it may be nothing more than a ploy - KappaKaps is comprised of or involves at least one former member with a history of questionable and unethical behavior, and making false statements as a way of procuring both goods and trust. I wanted in on this GB, but having even one untrustworthy member is more than enough to reiterate the notion of caveat emptor; just look at the dolch dsa GB.
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline jackiecanev2

[IC] GMK Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods (Updated 7/27/15)
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 07:47:21 »

Why hell would he spend a lot of money to pick up sets, and also fund himself, before selling, the Cyrillic caps. He didn't purchase a couple of the blue sets, he purchased quite a bit.

Fronting the money for some packs and then reselling them immediately as preorders  translates into very little out of pocket money, and "establishes" an instant association with GB's, GMK, and trust with VERY little effort. I'm not saying that this is what has happened, but it is also not a rational reason to give anyone a free pass to start collecting thousands of dollars.
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 07:54:08 »

I think it goes something like work alongside them if it helps you reach MOQ then deny, deny, deny.

What's worse, the people who know and go along anyway hoping no one will find out or people who will throw money at them regardless?
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2015, 07:55:47 by SpAmRaY »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 12:05:56 »
I was not close to the "incidents", and hopefully the above statement by kappa is legit. I am all for giving someone a second chance to rebuild their rep. Let's hope that doesn't burn me with this order,I really want these caps.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 12:34:09 »
I was not close to the "incidents", and hopefully the above statement by kappa is legit. I am all for giving someone a second chance to rebuild their rep. Let's hope that doesn't burn me with this order,I really want these caps.
exactly, I was told all he did was sell his caps for a high price. It seems that on all of the accounts Pac has been on so far, except his first one, he has proven himself worthy. It would be nice to know if he did anything else besides sell caps at a high price.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 16:56:00 »
I would like to site my appreciation for this set, with the hope that you will take into consideration the keys necessary for a complete iso set; that should mean two or three 1u keys (0.7eur each). A set of mods with Cyrillic printing would be a big plus.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:14:40 »
I was not here for Pacifist's early incidents, but have spoken to many people about it.  I was here for the MGH incident, and developed opinions at that time.  I have been told by many people, that he is just trying to start over, and help the community.  My question for him is, if that was truly your goal, why would you hide behind someone else, and attempt to mask your true identity?  You knew what happened last time you were found out.  And you/your partner make a post like that?  A blatant lie?  I do not know you personally, but I know enough to know bull**** when I see it.  Do everyone at GH a favor and leave, this time for good.

Offline fishcola

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 22:13:55 »
I am new to this, and have not been scarred by alleged treachery. I just wanted in on this GB for the red modifiers... can i get at least some of these from the stock cherry red modifiers at elitekeyboards?
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2015, 22:17:53 by fishcola »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 22:45:38 »
I was not here for Pacifist's early incidents, but have spoken to many people about it.  I was here for the MGH incident, and developed opinions at that time.  I have been told by many people, that he is just trying to start over, and help the community.  My question for him is, if that was truly your goal, why would you hide behind someone else, and attempt to mask your true identity?  You knew what happened last time you were found out.  And you/your partner make a post like that?  A blatant lie?  I do not know you personally, but I know enough to know bull**** when I see it.  Do everyone at GH a favor and leave, this time for good.

Ha. People won't let him start over.
People see the name, "pacifist", and immediately backlash and **** all over the guy. It's no wonder why he is trying to abandon and hide his former identity.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:25:55 »

People see the name, "pacifist", and immediately backlash and **** all over the guy. It's no wonder why he is trying to abandon and hide his former identity.

regardless, the haters hating doesn't justify alleged pacifist jumping into alter egos. sure, motives and whatnot can be rationalized, but it's besides the point.

there are obviously reasons why he's so disliked in the first place. people expressing themselves is something that came out of that. i shouldn't even have to point that out. this isn't the best way to come back, and it's not even close. it's just convenient.

also, your point of view is really condescending towards pacifist, if it is him. basically you're asking for people to pity him because everyone is ****ting on him. i'm not going to feel bad for somebody because she/he messed up and now he feels bad, especially if i'm being told to do it. i'm going to respect the person enough to think she/he doesn't want/deserve that. if anything, i feel bad for alleged pacifist because people are defending him with those kinds of statements.

anyway, i came here to say i think kappakapps is legit, professional and has only been a positive energy around these hoods. good luck with the gb!

diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:41:15 »
I am new to this, and have not been scarred by alleged treachery. I just wanted in on this GB for the red modifiers... can i get at least some of these from the stock cherry red modifiers at elitekeyboards?
Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Enter, Esc, Arrows. 

Offline fishcola

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:45:02 »
don't mean to take away from this GB. but they're the same "GMK red?" I don't have any place placing judgment on the mentioned parties, and honestly I'd pay for the full set... ugh i feel bad asking lol.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:50:38 »
don't mean to take away from this GB. but they're the same "GMK red?" I don't have any place placing judgment on the mentioned parties, and honestly I'd pay for the full set... ugh i feel bad asking lol.

They should be, GMK only has one red shade of red.

106771-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 15:26:26 by ATXTider »

Offline fishcola

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 01:09:54 »
Well, if that's the  case, I hope this credibility concern can be sorted out! I want a red doubleshot cherry profile control key where caps lock shouldn't be!
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2015, 01:19:21 by fishcola »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 14:44:59 »
The team at KappaKapps is currently dealing with this "Pacifist" incident. Previously, we were mildly aware of what had happened, but did not investigate further. We are now taking a deeper look into what had happened.

While we sort out the details on our end, I, the founder of KappaKapps, would like to tell the community that the individual who went by "Pacifist" on GeekHack joined our team as a part time consultant and designer. He briefly mentioned some issues with GeekHack and thus his work was limited to behind the scenes operations on the technical aspects of various keycap projects and designing graphics for the website. The furthest extent of his involvement with various community websites was limited communication on other sites such as Twitter and Reddit. At this time, we cannot divulge further information about his occupation at KappaKapps.

The rest of the team hopes to reconcile any issues the community may have with our mission and any problems the community had with "Pacifist". We are still focused on bringing group buys and artisan keycaps to the community, with all our profits going to charity. More details will come later. The Cyrillic  group buy will begin as previously planned next week at the same time as Classic Beige. We will try our best to answer any questions the community may have.

Thanks for the "official" statement.

I will watch this closely and then decide whether I will join this GB or not...

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 16:25:00 »

Who else is in the "team", or pacifist is the "team"

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 20:07:47 »
I'm sorry I was a bit lazy to read the 4 pages of the site and I didn't find it in the OP. What is the current price for the Cyrillic alphas only?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:40:48 »
mgh/pacifist here

i was planning on doing this anyways...but im resigning from my design role at kappakapps

mainly for personal issues, but with recent **** now is a good time. moving across the country to college is an ordeal that makes working for kappakapps almost impossible. the guys had already began prep for my leave, but didnt expect it for another month, so some metal artisan caps and other small **** will be delayed. i was going to leave as quietly as i came, but whatever...

not going to go into specifics, so just know im busy with college and gf **** now and thats more important than keyboard ****

i think the kappakapps owner y covered everything else. i didnt do much for the gmk gbs, the rest of the guys on the team already know what theyre doing so everyone should be in good hands for the gb

ps for those that want to contact me, gonna delete password for this account, use steam id mgh_, old addy and **** wont be used anymore

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 11:06:41 »
Soooo... Is this GB gonna happen? I am super interested!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 12:10:33 »
Soooo... Is this GB gonna happen? I am super interested!

Considering his post, I think he said the GB would go along even without him.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 22:57:19 »
Ha, that's funny. How can someone "resign" from themselves? KappaKapps IS A.W.

Some people just can't admit when they're caught. Well, I guess the major problem is that he can't just change his name and come back this time, since he has so much invested in the KappaKapps name, a website, etc. So he has to come up with this fiction about a "team." Predictable.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 00:49:31 »
We have concluded our investigation, and in response to all the following, we will have an additional official statement within the next hour

To give a tl;dr and heads up:
  • Pacifist was banned for having multiple accounts on GH. He did not have possession/access to this GH account.
  • Many of the points below are valid, and many are not. I (Andrew Yang), representing KappaKapps, ask the community to see all the facts before drawing conclusions
  • The GB will proceed, we are finalizing details.
  • Most importantly, physical proof/evidence will be released to ensure our reputation.
I would like to site my appreciation for this set, with the hope that you will take into consideration the keys necessary for a complete iso set; that should mean two or three 1u keys (0.7eur each). A set of mods with Cyrillic printing would be a big plus.

Show Image

The GB may go on with him being involved on r/MK and r/mechmarket but I can't say for sure. With this discovery I don't know if he will make MOQ though without some of GH, which is a shame because I wanted those Red Mods as well, and cases.

regardless, the haters hating doesn't justify alleged pacifist jumping into alter egos. sure, motives and whatnot can be rationalized, but it's besides the point.

there are obviously reasons why he's so disliked in the first place. people expressing themselves is something that came out of that. i shouldn't even have to point that out. this isn't the best way to come back, and it's not even close. it's just convenient.

also, your point of view is really condescending towards pacifist, if it is him. basically you're asking for people to pity him because everyone is ****ting on him. i'm not going to feel bad for somebody because she/he messed up and now he feels bad, especially if i'm being told to do it. i'm going to respect the person enough to think she/he doesn't want/deserve that. if anything, i feel bad for alleged pacifist because people are defending him with those kinds of statements.

anyway, i came here to say i think kappakapps is legit, professional and has only been a positive energy around these hoods. good luck with the gb!

Show Image

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 01:10:54 »
Andrew, I'd be happy to support your group buy, as I quite like the keycaps you're offering to the community.

That said, would you please for once TELL THE TRUTH and stop lying about being a different person?

I am seriously offended that you think we're all idiots and that we don't know you're MGH/Pacifist.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but your mannerisms and manner of speech give you away...

Your only chance of redemption would be to come clean, express your genuine intentions to start over and positively contribute to the community.

I am sure people would be willing to embrace your efforts, as long as you have the right intentions.

Please stop with the shady crap... It's honestly quite embarrassing.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 01:29:48 »
We're sorry to let "Pacifist" go for personal reasons.

KappaKapps is trustworthy to the community, as we have invested five figures in community Group Buys to help tip the Blue Modifier Group Buy past the 400 MOQ mark. Billnye and other members can vouch for our team. We're reselling the sets on our site so people who missed out on the original Group Buy have a trustworthy source to purchase a set for themselves. We've completed many orders with 100% satisfaction, with all profit we gained going to charity.

KappaKapps is owned by me, Andrew Yang. We have a small team working on providing high quality keycaps for the community, and it's unfortunate that one of our members is leaving.

I urge the community to research their statements before drawing one sided conclusions and blatantly accusing patrons of the mechanical keyboard community.

To our knowledge, "Pacifist" only violated the multiple accounts rule on GeekHack. Because we did not let him interact with the community, we thought that this would not be a problem.

The group buy will start Tuesday, with three parts, the Cyrillic Alphas, the Cyrillic WASD Kit, and GMK Keycap Trays.

Pricing will be $60 for the Alphas, $7 for the WASD Kit, and $8 for the Keycap Trays. All typical Group Buy and PayPal fees are integrated into the pricing. If we tip the 400MOQ for the Alphas, pricing will be lower. However, there is no MOQ for the keycap trays.

We hope to have a successful Group Buy!
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2015, 20:36:02 by KappaKapps »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:23:25 »
KappaKapps is owned by me, Andrew Yang. We have a small team working on providing high quality keycaps for the community, and it's unfortunate that one of our members is leaving.
I urge the community to research their statements before drawing one sided conclusions and blatantly accusing patrons of the mechanical keyboard community.

I object.

How exactly does posting a photo of a valid American passport with the name Andrew Yang prove anything?
What exactly are you trying to prove?

For someone that was not present for the debacle regarding MGH/Pacifist, how would they even know the real name of MGH/Pacifist?

All you did is prove to us that:
1) You have photos of a valid American passport with the name Andrew Yang.
2) KappaKapps LLC donates to charity.

It does not disprove that MGH/Pacifist is behind KappaKapps.

Your so-called "evidence" had completely dodged the question. How do we know that MGH/Pacifist is not the sole-owner and operator of KappaKapps?
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:25:39 by Karura »

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:33:21 »

I object.

How exactly does posting a photo of a valid American passport with the name Andrew Yang prove anything?
What exactly are you trying to prove?

For someone that was not present for the debacle regarding MGH/Pacifist, how would they even know the real name of MGH/Pacifist?

All you did is prove to us that:
1) You have photos of a valid American passport with the name Andrew Yang.
2) KappaKapps LLC donates to charity.

It does not disprove that MGH/Pacifist is behind KappaKapps.

Your so-called "evidence" had completely dodged the question. How do we know that MGH/Pacifist is not the sole-owner and operator of KappaKapps?

I'm not sure how I can clear this up for you.
That is my American passport, my name, and this account is my account.
After we were accused in this thread, I asked Pacifist to notify me on all his past actions with Geekhack.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:40:54 »
All the community wants to know is that:

Why does MGH/Pacifist feel the need to lie constantly, over and over again, hiding behind a NEW persona every single time?

How do you expect people to trust you to run a business if you can't even tell the truth for once?

You must think you are very smart.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:43:38 »

Why does MGH/Pacifist feel the need to lie constantly, over and over again, hiding behind a NEW persona every single time?

How do you expect people to trust you to run a business if you can't even tell the truth for once?

I'm not sure, you are welcome to ask him.

Again, we only hired him as a consultant and DID NOT give him access to our GeekHack account. My name is Andrew YANG not Andrew WANG. Due to recent news, he has been let go, there is no need to hide it behind a resignation.

Please see that I am telling the truth. I am willing to skype you, show you the passport picture etc.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:44:28 »

Again, we only hired him as a consultant and DID NOT give him access to our GeekHack account. My name is Andrew YANG not Andrew WANG. Due to recent news, he has been let go, there is no need to hide it behind a resignation.

Alright Mr. Yang. So you're saying YANG WANG right?

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:45:33 »

Alright Mr. Yang. So you're saying YANG WANG right?

My legal name is Andrew Yang (as seen in the passport), feel free to take me on my offer tomorrow.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:52:18 »
Keycap trays look really cool! I like the little GMK logo on them :)

Any word on the pricing of the mod sets?

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:58:07 »

Thanks for contributing to the interest check.
We plan to do it in a month since there has been a lot of demand for additional features/caps. Primarily, to let us gauge interest on the additional features. It's a lot easier for us to communicate with GMK if we focus on one set at a time. 
I noticed you had a previous post that questioned our donation procedure. Obviously server costs, hosting, and supplies need to be paid. A portion of our revenue goes to that. However, we do not take money out of the business into our own pockets.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:00:55 »

We plan to do it in a month since there has been a lot of demand for additional features/caps. Primarily, to let us gauge interest on the additional features. It's a lot easier for us to communicate with GMK if we focus on one set at a time. 

Do you think that the trays will add much to the price of postage? I'm hoping they can be stacked quite easily as I would be interested in getting quite a few (ie 10) to store my keysets

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:09:05 »

Do you think that the trays will add much to the price of postage? I'm hoping they can be stacked quite easily as I would be interested in getting quite a few (ie 10) to store my keysets

To Australia, $25 at most. We don't have exact packaging info up yet, however, we are able to get rough estimates. If the shipping is cheaper, we will refund you the difference and provide a receipt.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:10:01 »

To Australia, $25 at most. We don't have exact packaging info up yet, however, we are able to get rough estimates. If the shipping is cheaper, we will refund you the difference and provide a receipt.

$25 is pretty reasonable :)

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:15:20 »

$25 is pretty reasonable :)

Yes, that is with USPS. I have no idea about their international speed. It's pretty late/early where I am, so I will be sleeping soon. We will have more details out on Tuesday, but feel free to ask any questions in the mean time.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:41:13 »
So here it goes, no lies:

I recently received information that a user known as Byker will be posting some information that will corroborate KappaKapps to Pacifist via Paypal. (He PM'd me this)

He/She claims that this information will be posted at noon if I don't "tell the community the truth." However, I have been telling the community the truth.

At the time that Paypal account was created, Pacifist was trying to be helpful and created that account. However, the Paypal account that the team at KappaKapps uses is a completely different Paypal. I would make a video demonstrating this, however I am about to sleep (it's 4 am here). You will notice that the first transaction in his image occurs on February 7th. Our Paypal account, which is used on the site, was created in May.

Here is our Paypal account's screenshot:

As you can see there are many customers, their names have been censored according to our Privacy Policy. If you were a customer of us, and want to clear this up, feel free to post enough details that a transaction matches up with one in the Paypal account.

Of course there are those in the community that will think I'm still lying so:
I am willing to have a skype session for those that want the truth for a inside look at our Paypal account. However, some information will be censored. To verify that this is the Paypal account being used, the source code on our site will match up with the encryption codes in the account.

Again, we are a transparent company (pics of our Paypal account). We have nothing to hide, and I am able to explain all the numbers. $19.50 is the cost for an Undead Clackin and shipping to the CONUS. That's our most popular item, so you can see it has been in the transactions a lot. Additionally, the donation to Extra Life(CMN) shows up on that image. 

Here is the CMN donation that shows the exact transaction ID, if you would like to hunt that down.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:55:02 by KappaKapps »

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 04:08:46 »
Update #2

I messaged Pacifist on Skype and asked for the exact transactions the byker has been threatening to post.
I will not be paying him the consulting fees for this month, and I have threatened to cancel the transaction for the previous month until this is over.

Here are the SPECIFIC transactions that byker will post:

As you can see they do not link to the KappaKapps Paypal email (sales@kappakapps.com). To prove that this is the email we are using, anyone can send $1 to the email and it will show up in the transaction listed above. For everyone that does this, I will post a picture and video with the transaction information in that list of transactions. Additionally, for every $1 sent, I will be matching donations out of pocket to Doctors Without Borders. (Limit $3 per person).

For those that are wondering, I'm trying to keep a business alive that I have put my sweat, blood, and tears into. Some of the members in this community have been claiming I am lying(ruining my work) and thus I am making post like these to prove I am not.

It's 4AM where I am located so I'm going to be sleeping for real this time and gonna get:

Mod edit: removed personal information
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 09:37:01 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 04:26:21 »

blank the personnal informations on your last post pls.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 04:55:32 »
Update #2

I messaged Pacifist on Skype and asked for the exact transactions the byker has been threatening to post.
I will not be paying him the consulting fees for this month, and I have threatened to cancel the transaction for the previous month until this is over.

Here are the SPECIFIC transactions that byker will post:

As you can see they do not link to the KappaKapps Paypal email (sales@kappakapps.com). To prove that this is the email we are using, anyone can send $1 to the email and it will show up in the transaction listed above. For everyone that does this, I will post a picture and video with the transaction information in that list of transactions. Additionally, for every $1 sent, I will be matching donations out of pocket to Doctors Without Borders. (Limit $3 per person).

For those that are wondering, I'm trying to keep a business alive that I have put my sweat, blood, and tears into. Some of the members in this community have been claiming I am lying(ruining my work) and thus I am making post like these to prove I am not.

It's 4AM where I am located so I'm going to be sleeping for real this time and gonna get:
Show Image

WHOA Doxx much?
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 05:13:23 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 07:59:56 »
crap, why does Pacifist/MGH have to spoil the mood for a perfectly cool GMK key set? I want the Cyrillic and I think I might just have to trust KappaKapps. They have vendor status, that amount to something, right?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 08:25:06 »
They have vendor status, that amount to something, right?

It amounts to forum staff handing out vendor status without any kind of validation of who was behind the account. Sorry, but that's the truth. I warned the staff about this situation on the same day that vendor status was given, but I didn't have confirming evidence of it at that time.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 08:27:42 »

Ha, ha, ha, ha....too funny.

Belfong I needed a good laugh this morning.

Let's be honest, anyone comes along pushing GMK caps or fancy aluminum keyboards or any of the other hot items and people blindly throw money at them.

Personally I'm tired of being burned around here.

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 08:30:35 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 08:35:40 »

Ha, ha, ha, ha....too funny.

Belfong I needed a good laugh this morning.

Let's be honest, anyone comes along pushing GMK caps or fancy aluminum keyboards or any of the other hot items and people blindly throw money at them.

Personally I'm tired of being burned around here.

I don't have your experience on GH but I feel not everyone is a scammer. You have people like JD, Ctrl Alt team, Photekq, Hwood, Shadovved that show themselves trustworthy many times and perhaps other people as well that I don't know about. But I feel you, it is sad we have to be doubtful about GBs organisers.