Author Topic: [IC] Cloudscape Deskmats - 5 different colors (GB LIVE)  (Read 8879 times)

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
[IC] Cloudscape Deskmats - 5 different colors (GB LIVE)
« on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 15:54:14 »

Cloudscape Deskmat Collection

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE GROUP BUY THREAD ->

$25 with free shipping! *in the continental USA only

Please fill out the interest check form to give feedback on Cloudscape!
        Link: cloudscapeform.vala.supply →

Group buy date: April 2nd to May 2nd, 2021

Visit the product page here →

(noun) cloudscape - a large cloud formation considered in terms of its visual effect

Cloudscape features original art depicting a beautiful panoramic view of the clouds.
Five colors were chosen with the aim of allowing anybody to get in on this group buy, regardless of their current setup color :D

Color Options
  • Aurora: cotton candy pink, purple
  • Nova: fiery yellow and orange, rouge
  • Shock: electric and deep blue
  • Miasma: toxic and vibrant green
  • Smoke: dark gray and white

Specifications
  • Extra large (XL) size, 900x400mm (~35.4 x 15.7 inches) with 4mm thickness
  • Art-printed stitched edges
  • High quality cloth top and rubber anti-slip bottom

Estimated ship date: August 2021

Renders by Noxious →

Color options

Aurora

Nova

Shock

Miasma

Smoke

Visit the product page here →

pstttt: fill out the form pls
        Link: cloudscapeform.vala.supply →
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2021, 07:29:54 by Vala »

Offline of_sam

Re: [IC] Cloudscape Deskmats - 5 different colors
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 15:55:51 »
I am feeling very sad.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 16:02:31 »
I am feeling very sad.

I understand people are getting a little tired of the huge amount deskmat GBs and I do feel bad about contributing to that perceived problem.
But, this is a great way to get our bearings straight as a new vendor with a lower risk product compared to a keyboard or keycap set.
I think the design is great and I don't think its a bad thing to put out more accessories that can accompany keyboards. This is why I went out of my way to ensure this has a wide array of color options for any setup.

Also, we are offering free shipping as an incentive for one of our first GBs, meaning we will likely make very little or no profit from this. I genuinely look forward to seeing how people will use these to match their setups, and I'm trying my best to get this product out there because I have faith others will like the design  :)

I hope those that aren't interested can refrain from being negative just because its "another deskmat GB".
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2020, 16:26:01 by Vala »

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 16:29:38 »
deskmat

Offline gilbert

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 16:34:15 »
reserved
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 16:55:36 »
deskmat

If this is referencing "deskmat" vs "desk mat", then I know what you're saying. Seeing "deskmat" irked me at first because it is grammatically incorrect, but I do think it looks better combined into a single word rather than having a dangling "mat" all by itself. Sorry if I sound insane :)

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 17:08:44 »
deskmat

If this is referencing "deskmat" vs "desk mat", then I know what you're saying. Seeing "deskmat" irked me at first because it is grammatically incorrect, but I do think it looks better combined into a single word rather than having a dangling "mat" all by itself. Sorry if I sound insane :)
no, just deskmat

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 17:22:34 »
deskmat

no, just deskmat

deskmat

Offline Havattack

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 21:12:37 »
I am feeling very sad.

I understand people are getting a little tired of the huge amount deskmat GBs and I do feel bad about contributing to that perceived problem.
But, this is a great way to get our bearings straight as a new vendor with a lower risk product compared to a keyboard or keycap set.
I think the design is great and I don't think its a bad thing to put out more accessories that can accompany keyboards. This is why I went out of my way to ensure this has a wide array of color options for any setup.

Also, we are offering free shipping as an incentive for one of our first GBs, meaning we will likely make very little or no profit from this. I genuinely look forward to seeing how people will use these to match their setups, and I'm trying my best to get this product out there because I have faith others will like the design  :)

I hope those that aren't interested can refrain from being negative just because its "another deskmat GB".

They might have just been referring/making a joke out of the fact that clouds are often affiliated with being "sad". I could be wrong though. I just don't see why anyone would care about desk mat GB's, in any amount..

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 21:13:25 »
I am feeling very sad.

They might have just been referring/making a joke out of the fact that clouds are often affiliated with being "sad". I could be wrong though. I just don't see why anyone would care about desk mat GB's, in any amount..
it's sam... it's not the cloud pun thing.

Reserved

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 21:43:01 »
I like this design, I like it a lot!!! I'm in.  :thumb:

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 10:14:51 »
I am feeling very sad.

I have seen a negative response to other deskmat ICs and GBs on Geekhack before which is what led me to respond that way. I know the sentiment exists, and I'm pretty sure that is what sam was referring to.

I like this design, I like it a lot!!! I'm in.  :thumb:

I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the support :)

Offline Havattack

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 13:21:22 »
I am feeling very sad.

it's sam... it's not the cloud pun thing.

Reserved

My rose colored glasses let me down again.
.. I am sad... that such a silly thing could effect anyone like that.

Offline ben56k

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 13:59:30 »
I like the colors but so many deskmat already not sure if I participate.

Offline Owl

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 19:56:42 »
These are lovely. Great work.

I think it's great that we are getting so many deskmat GB's. It really doesn't hurt anyone to have a lot of accessory options available, especially in our community which is growing at a incredible pace. It also gives a fantastic outlet for artists in our community and from other communities to participate and be recognized and compensated for their incredible talents by means of a functional product instead of relying on other, less reliable means to earn for their talent.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 17:56:18 »
I like the colors but so many deskmat already not sure if I participate.

There will be giveaways soon! And considering how small Vala Supply is currently, you stand a decent chance of winning hehe :D

These are lovely. Great work.

I think it's great that we are getting so many deskmat GB's. It really doesn't hurt anyone to have a lot of accessory options available, especially in our community which is growing at a incredible pace. It also gives a fantastic outlet for artists in our community and from other communities to participate and be recognized and compensated for their incredible talents by means of a functional product instead of relying on other, less reliable means to earn for their talent.

I agree wholeheartedly! Especially the point about artists being compensated for a functional product - I love this about deskmats. It's just a canvas for their art, but instead of being hung in some random corner of the house, its right on people's desks. I personally like the idea of having 4-5 deskmats you swap out depending on mood, similar to a desktop wallpaper. Why not change things up every so often? It's not like you don't have 4+ mechanical keyboards already if you're on GH...  :p

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 20:29:09 »
I agree wholeheartedly! Especially the point about artists being compensated for a functional product - I love this about deskmats. It's just a canvas for their art, but instead of being hung in some random corner of the house, its right on people's desks. I personally like the idea of having 4-5 deskmats you swap out depending on mood, similar to a desktop wallpaper. Why not change things up every so often? It's not like you don't have 4+ mechanical keyboards already if you're on GH...  :p

Only 4-5 deskmats?  :))

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 21:00:49 »

Only 4-5 deskmats?  :))

My bad, forgot to include "hundred" ;)

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Re: [IC] Cloudscape Deskmats - 5 different colors (new renders 12-28-20)
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 14:30:36 »
Just updated the OP with some awesome new renders by Noxious.

His attention to detail is stunning, you should zoom in to check em' out ;D (look at the little hairs in the stitching ooo)

There will be more renders coming soon that include keyboards to get a better idea of how these mats would fit into your setups.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply