Author Topic: My fiancee left me :(  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Re: My fiancee left me :(
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 08:16:15 »
:|| hang in there buddy that's pretty bull****
 :confused: we're here for you

Offline D01

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 08:49:09 »
Change your locks.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:31:47 »
Geekhack has always been a tremendously helpful support group for me. I want to give back and as I said before, I was in a very similar situation before from what I can tell, so please do not hesitate to contact me. Just beware, as a Philosophy major, discussions may be lengthy ahahahhahaha.

Seriously though, add me on skype, my brother. I'm here for you.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:56:12 »
good to hear you have a good support system at home, imo forget her, not her in general, just the notion of ever being with her, ever, it just doesn't sound like it will ever be happy, and as everyone is saying, at least it happened b4 you both got tied down with a kid or two, which will haunt you for life. (kid of course would be loved, but no the battle) now you just have to fight over some cd's and at most a couch.

when in doubt, just let her have **** and be done with her, don't ever let her "come back" for **** and more ****, also if she does, don't ever let her come over, it's your place now, if she wants anything just drop it off at her sisters place and leave.

again i actually haven't experienced this personally, just seen a few friends and thought about the "right way" to just end it.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 13:15:33 »
good to hear you have a good support system at home, imo forget her, not her in general, just the notion of ever being with her, ever, it just doesn't sound like it will ever be happy, and as everyone is saying, at least it happened b4 you both got tied down with a kid or two, which will haunt you for life. (kid of course would be loved, but no the battle) now you just have to fight over some cd's and at most a couch.

when in doubt, just let her have **** and be done with her, don't ever let her "come back" for **** and more ****, also if she does, don't ever let her come over, it's your place now, if she wants anything just drop it off at her sisters place and leave.

again i actually haven't experienced this personally, just seen a few friends and thought about the "right way" to just end it.

I should mention, as cruel as her doing sounds, she was very fair regarding belongings etc.,
she even left me stuff she paid for, because she knows I will need em...

She also gave me the banking card for our shared account etc.
Can't complain at all about her behavior except for the sudden bail-out itself!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 14:43:34 »
This had to be something she was mulling over for quite some time, because I cannot imagine she woke up one week and decided she didn't love you and didn't want to be around you.  Considering how long you two were together, I imagine that this had been building for quite some time.  I've had a front row seat to this stuff and it does not happen overnight.  She probably feels that either:
(1)  there is something is wrong with you that she does not want to deal with; or
(2)  she can find somebody better than you or have some more adventures before her baby-making years expire.

Perhaps there was something that you were not paying attention to over the past few months as you got lost in work.  Perhaps your communication was not as honest and forthright as you assumed it to be.

Whatever it is, I would not be surprised some little birdy was whispering in her ear about the different expectations they had for her future rather than spending it with you.  Whatever the reason, I doubt that she will tell you the complete and honest reason of why she left you, for fear of hurting you even more, but I bet some of her friends or family close to her have heard what she really thinks.

Better this happened now rather than dropping 30K on the wedding or having kids, because a lot of people out there get married and have kids without asking the big questions about long-term compatibility.

Anyways, I wouldn't let anything she thinks about you dig too deeply.  If you're interactions on this forum are worth anything, you are a stand-up guy that many women in the future will find desirable.  If anything, this a great opportunity to re-discover your masculinity and independence.  Losing your best friend definitely hurts, but you might find some new stronger friendships out of the debris of your current situation.

At the very least, I hope you get some breakup sex out of this situation.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing