Author Topic: [IC] HoodrowG - Matrix 1.2og replacement PCBs  (Read 48224 times)

Offline roznalos

Re: [IC] Matrix 1.2og replacement PCBs
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 00:10:48 »
I am in! FR4 plate please as well!

Offline astro

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 09:33:47 »
we released the pcb and plate file today, hope it can help you to make the board better :)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:00:45 »
we released the pcb and plate file today, hope it can help you to make the board better :)

Thank you so much for releasing the files!

Now, someone run a PC plate GB please  :)
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 14:09:58 »

Thank you so much for releasing the files!

Now, someone run a PC plate GB please  :)

+1

PC half plate even better!

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 17:45:11 »
Thank you so much, this makes our lives way way easier.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 19:36:16 »
We need POM and PBT plates... stat

Offline mta

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 00:11:25 »
Def in

Offline Tyson

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 00:21:21 »

I loved my POM plate on my OSA, I would definitely love on for this board, along with some foam for inbetween the plate and PCB!

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 00:56:51 »

I loved my POM plate on my OSA, I would definitely love on for this board, along with some foam for inbetween the plate and PCB!
Get outa here w your foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 01:07:21 »

Get outa here w your foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boiiiiiiiiiii

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 10:27:31 »
Preliminary results from the poll (GH only since I haven't crosspromoted on Reddit)

I will be adding ISO support since from the looks of it, the original plate supports it (sorry ISO haters)
I will also be adding support for LEDs on the following keys: esc, caps lock, and scroll lock
The light bar daughterboard will feature SMD LEDs for ease of assembly
Spacers for the PCB (since it will be 1.2mm like the original) to assist with stabs
No split backspace, but split shift is sort of up in the air (on the fence about this one)
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline chowbabyloving

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 18:43:44 »
Will this support the tsangan layout 1.2og or is it just wkl?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 19:54:54 »
Will this support the tsangan layout 1.2og or is it just wkl?
Tsangan layout for WK, unless there's a lot of people that want the weird 6.25 layout for WK, I won't be adding it

Offline blacksimon

• illuminati.works
    • illuminati.works
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 10:55:34 »
yes please they need actual pcbs that don't suck

you are a hero

Offline matrixzj

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 11:35:53 »
QMK compatible PCB is available from their lab. Just FYI.
Discord:Matrix#6203

HHKB Fanatics

SA/GMK Keycaps Info

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 17:04:44 »
Too difficult to obtain for westerners. Even persistent ones.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 17:07:49 »
Too difficult to obtain for westerners. Even persistent ones.

As it is, even Matrix 1.2OGs seemed hard to get :/

It'd be nice to see more international GBs from Matrix Lab.

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 23:00:03 »
cant wait.
TGR Jane V2 | TGR Alice | TGR Police | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | OTD Mini | Matrix 2.0 OG Pink | Lin Dolinger RE (Polycarbonate) | Lin Dolphin |

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:41:46 »
yes please totally in for one. standard pcb sucks and the qmk pcb from matrix is impossible to get.

Offline evorus5

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 22:52:34 »
Is it a terrible idea to eliminate the daughter board and just have those LEDs on the main board? I guess that puts too much component around that area above arrows where the controller normally sits?

I'm asking because LZ Iron has a similar ring LED as the one on Matrix 2.0 and LZ managed to put it on the main board.
The problem I see is that the current daughter board is elevated. This allows the rubber surround on it to meet the top case and minimize light bleed. If the leds were right on the pcb, a solution would have to be created to fill that space between pcb and case.
This was what I was thinking.

I won't be able to make comments since 1) I've never built a 1.2og 2) mine is still stuck in Korea

Expect updates when:
1) 1.2og is in my hand
2) PCB and plate is shipped out to ender
3) PCB and daughter board proto ordered
4) PCB and daughter board proto in hand
5) When it's confirmed working (if it doesn't work, go to step 3)
6) Ready to GB

Can you pm me on discord evorus#5336

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 18:24:54 »
Is it a terrible idea to eliminate the daughter board and just have those LEDs on the main board? I guess that puts too much component around that area above arrows where the controller normally sits?

I'm asking because LZ Iron has a similar ring LED as the one on Matrix 2.0 and LZ managed to put it on the main board.
The problem I see is that the current daughter board is elevated. This allows the rubber surround on it to meet the top case and minimize light bleed. If the leds were right on the pcb, a solution would have to be created to fill that space between pcb and case.
This was what I was thinking.

I won't be able to make comments since 1) I've never built a 1.2og 2) mine is still stuck in Korea

Expect updates when:
1) 1.2og is in my hand
6) Ready to GB

Can you pm me on discord evorus#5336
The discord name is incorrect (or that's what discord says).

Feel free to DM me here as well or Hoodrow Thrillson#6850

--------------------------------------------------

My 1.2og is currently stateside. USPS says Monday, I'm gonna guess it's gonna arrive Friday.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 15:14:56 »
1) 1.2og is in my hand
6) Ready to GB

1.2og arrived today and is in my hand.

Parts that ender needs will be shipped sometime this week, he should receive it sometime this week (if USPS is fast) or next week.

For the daughter board, I plan on sourcing all the materials including: screws, the stand off thing you solder into the PCB, foam, and the acrylic/POM material thing.

I was wondering if it would be easier to move to a screw in system for the daughter board rather than soldering the stand off thing, let me know your thoughts.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 16:00:03 »
1) 1.2og is in my hand
6) Ready to GB

Parts that ender needs will be shipped sometime this week, he should receive it sometime this week (if USPS is fast) or next week.

For the daughter board, I plan on sourcing all the materials including: screws, the stand off thing you solder into the PCB, foam, and the acrylic/POM material thing.

I was wondering if it would be easier to move to a screw in system for the daughter board rather than soldering the stand off thing, let me know your thoughts.

pics of 1.2og pls

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 16:53:32 »
1) 1.2og is in my hand
6) Ready to GB

pics of 1.2og pls

You ask, you shall receive.

Sorry for the **** photo, it's raining (and has been since Tuesday with it continuing till the weekend).

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 21:58:26 »
I like the SMT standoffs. Kind of unique and was fun to figure out how to get it to attach. Digi-Key offers them I know, but I’m sure you could dig them up cheaper in bulk.

Offline phat schlong

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 02:29:28 »
Screw-in system would be nice actually, but I also didn't mind soldering the standoffs.

Offline chowbabyloving

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 03:34:26 »
1) 1.2og is in my hand
6) Ready to GB

pics of 1.2og pls

Show Image

Sorry for the **** photo, it's raining (and has been since Tuesday with it continuing till the weekend).

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for the white dampening sheet that the 1.2og comes with? I got mine aftermarket and it didn't have it.

Offline Mtalbert

• ???
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:05:04 »
1) 1.2og is in my hand
6) Ready to GB

pics of 1.2og pls

Show Image

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for the white dampening sheet that the 1.2og comes with? I got mine aftermarket and it didn't have it.
PMed you
Big fan of Daeru

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:38:07 »
Screw-in system would be nice actually, but I also didn't mind soldering the standoffs.
I like the SMT standoffs. Kind of unique and was fun to figure out how to get it to attach. Digi-Key offers them I know, but I’m sure you could dig them up cheaper in bulk.
I'll need to do some testing to see if the screws hit the dampening plastic, but the more I think about it, the more likely I feel about keeping the standoffs. Although going screw in would make things a tiny bit easier, I don't really want to take away from the experience.

PCB + daughter board is getting mailed out today.

Also I've gotten a vendor on board to help run the GB.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 10:02:34 »
Hot damn! I should start desoldering this board. It’ll probably be done by the time the pcb ships. Lol

Offline modeseven

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 00:45:45 »
Will the pcb use USB type-c or stick with Mini USB? That would be a nice change. Not sure if clearance would be an issue. Don’t have my board with me atm.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 02:03:32 »
Will the pcb use USB type-c or stick with Mini USB? That would be a nice change. Not sure if clearance would be an issue. Don’t have my board with me atm.
Will stay mini B for the time being

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 02:11:53 »
Update:

Bottom row cannot be made to fit 6.25U since spacing is different and it'll fit weirdly/may not fit at all.
Working on light bar daughterboard + sourcing all the needed screws, standoffs, etc.
Vendors found for all regions

Offline chowbabyloving

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 02:51:11 »
Update:

Bottom row cannot be made to fit 6.25U since spacing is different and it'll fit weirdly/may not fit at all.
Working on light bar daughterboard + sourcing all the needed screws, standoffs, etc.

Who will the NA vendor be?

Offline dumpling420

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 23:08:48 »
Please consider split Rshift!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 04:08:26 »
Would it be possible to flip the Mini USB port, with it being upside down and all the way on the right side of the board I tend to have to force my cables to stay upside down, causing extra strain on the port when the cable tries to flip.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 07:31:51 »
Matrix team is fully booked for weight development, it's nice to see they can outsource pcb production!

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 09:18:50 »
Please consider split Rshift!
Alternative layouts are off the table since the spacing is different compared to "normal" spacing. I will try to get Ender to entertain the idea again.
Would it be possible to flip the Mini USB port, with it being upside down and all the way on the right side of the board I tend to have to force my cables to stay upside down, causing extra strain on the port when the cable tries to flip.
This is something we can entertain.
Update:

Who will the NA vendor be?
Will be released soon!
Matrix team is fully booked for weight development, it's nice to see they can outsource pcb production!
I'm just some dude who wants a 1.2og PCB

Offline kaisn

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 10:59:07 »
cant wait to pick one up

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 13:44:40 »
PCB + daugherboard PCBs ordered

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 20:23:00 »
Aye!

Offline evorus5

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 16:30:59 »
are these proto pcbs that you ordered? or ready to ship to us :O

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 17:10:50 »
Protos.

Will post pics once I get one of them.

Offline Nevermore012

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 10:09:18 »
[/quote
that only thing that I miss, wish there was type C, but it's alright, will join for PCB and plate ( if you can prefer POM or Carbon). lol  :p

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 14:02:53 »
Split R shift would be nice for sure. However, any hopes for split HHKB style backspace support?
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline evorus5

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 14:11:17 »
Protos.

What the eta on the proto?
Mine is slowly dying lol

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 09:10:24 »
Any plans for an FR4 1/2 plate?

Offline delet_d

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 20:50:37 »
Does anyone know how the lightbar on the original 1.2 pcb was made? Also an array of smd rgb leds?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 22:14:30 »
[/quote
that only thing that I miss, wish there was type C, but it's alright, will join for PCB and plate ( if you can prefer POM or Carbon). lol  :p
Sorry :(
Protos.

What the eta on the proto?
Mine is slowly dying lol
Should arrive soon.
Any plans for an FR4 1/2 plate?
FR4 full and half
PC full and half

these are the plan but not concrete.
Split R shift would be nice for sure. However, any hopes for split HHKB style backspace support?
Matrix 1.2og pcb supported layouts so nothing special but ISO support was added.
Does anyone know how the lightbar on the original 1.2 pcb was made? Also an array of smd rgb leds?
Daughterboard with array of SMD leds.

Our version will be using more SMD leds, but are smaller. Same effect will be achieved. The combo will include all the necessary hardware (standoffs, jst conenctor, screws, that small gasket/protector against light bleed thingy, etc.)

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 22:15:43 »
Oh mamma. Am excite