Author Topic: Teensy with TMK firmware not working on one computer.  (Read 2488 times)

Offline mickyman

Teensy with TMK firmware not working on one computer.
« on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:08:55 »
So I've made the keyboard, and flashed the firmware, everything working fine. I plug it into my laptop and it works great. However when I plug it into my desktop it spams out 2wsz constantly. These keys are in a column, but the strange thing is that it works on every other computer but my desktop, so I'm wondering if anyone knows why, because even after I installed a new operating system it still doesn't work?

TLDR; teensy spams 2wsz on desktop but works on every other computer
Poker II /w blues         Ergodox /w blues

Offline 3K

Re: Teensy with TMK firmware not working on one computer.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:28:32 »
Did you try plugging it into a different USB port? The one you are using might be faulty.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline shaymdev

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:11:59 »
When I first put tmk on by keyboard I made the mistake of not updating the led.c file to use a different port, so whenever my capslock was engaged it would spam a column of keys just like yours (because it was treating the column pin like the led pin). It could be completely unrelated but there is a chance you're facing a similar issue...maybe not with capslock but with other indicators (like numlock that often can be auto-enabled in the bios of a computer).

Just a thought.

Offline mickyman

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:23:26 »
When I first put tmk on by keyboard I made the mistake of not updating the led.c file to use a different port, so whenever my capslock was engaged it would spam a column of keys just like yours (because it was treating the column pin like the led pin). It could be completely unrelated but there is a chance you're facing a similar issue...maybe not with capslock but with other indicators (like numlock that often can be auto-enabled in the bios of a computer).

Just a thought.

That was it, I changed the pin which that column was using and it works perfectly now. Thanks very much, that had me stumped for too long.

EDIT: I'm still stumped as to why it worked on other computers  :confused:
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:27:20 by mickyman »
Poker II /w blues         Ergodox /w blues