Author Topic: [GB] GK64 Keyboard (DONE!!)  (Read 20452 times)

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
[GB] GK64 Keyboard (DONE!!)
« on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 00:19:50 »
Hello all!

First off, I sincerely apologize for the formatting as, I am still trying to get used to Geekhack's formatting style in comparison to Reddit's.
- - -
***UPDATES ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ORIGINAL POST. PLEASE SCROLL THERE FOR MOST RECENT INFORMATION AND LINKS!!***
- - -
This GB is going to be for the GK64.
MOQ is 20 keyboards for the discounted price. 
If it does not hit MOQ prices would end up increasing and changing. 

MOQ has been hit and passed!!
- - -   
Additional photo album here by /u/dartdart (aka: Keykaboo on Geekhack) of keyboard, dimensions, and production photos from the company: http://imgur.com/a/yhssE   
Photo album of keyboard here by /u/RatratanX (aka: Myk! on Geekhack) http://imgur.com/a/uavei

The promotional video of the keyboard pretty much sums it up: 
Features:
  - Fully programmable
  - Full RGB with a dedicated software for programming and RGB lighting.
  - Aluminium CNC Case
  - PBT Dyesubbed keycaps
  - USB type C port
  - Hot-swap for switches (Similar to Holtites). (Allows you to change switches without soldering)
  - Dedicated arrow keys with split RSHIFT

Price:
  - $135 USD for MX Blue   
  - $130 USD for Gateron Switches (Black Bottom/Clear Top)
  - $120 USD for No Switches (but with Keycaps)
  - $114 USD for No Switches & No Keycaps

Prices are for 20 keyboards, if more is ordered there MIGHT be a price drop.

Shipping:
  - USA - $18  (USPS Priority LARGE Box)
  - Everywhere Else (sent by Komatoz)- $45

International Folks! --> If you prefer the package to be shipped out by /u/dartdart who is located in Singapore, you have the following option as offered by him:   
> Your initial invoice will NOT include shipping costs.
> All orders made through /u/dartdart  will be approximately 15USD lower due to savings from shipping. This is the estimated cost saving, please take the invoice to be final. The parcel will then be shipped to Singapore and repacked and ship out again using services provided by goeasyship (https://www.goeasyship.com/) You choose your own preferred service provider and top up the price in the 2nd invoice.
> If 2nd option is chosen: Your invoice will be handled entirely by /u/dartdart

All packages sent by me will be shipped through USPS Priority Mail LARGE Flat Rate Box with tracking and insurance..
- - -

**IMPORTANT**
This is a NEW design custom PCB and the screw position is different. Left shift is 2u. Hence it does not support the standard GH60 cases.

At the current moment PCB + Stabs only is NOT available but will be available in a second GB run if the demand for it is there.

- - -
Please note that there is a PRE-SALE on going on TaoBao.   
But this GB will be directly made with the vendor.

They have allowed Gateron switches which is not included in the Taobao pre-sale. 

Vendor has promised a guaranteed shipment date of May 18th as well as refund guarantee in case keyboards doesnt ship at all. 
New promised shipment date is May 22nd due to the large order of more than 40 keyboards at this moment.

But please understand that shipping to our destination takes time and delayed shipping may occur due to the long distance transit. 

Vendor's ship date guarantee only applies for up to 20 keyboards, if there are orders of more than 20 keyboards, the shipping date will be pushed back a few days. 

Currently we are asking the vendor for a sample so that I can best answer any questions you guys might have.
- - -
/u/dartdart https://www.reddit.com/user/dartdart -  Started the original IC and is the one in communication with the vendor

I decided to help run the GB and handle the packing/shipping. 

- Komatoz

ORDER FORM NOW CLOSED https://goo.gl/forms/UoF0T1gOVNaUnqu72

Deadline is May 11 for orders.
Deadline for payment is May 13.

Sorry for the short time frame - these are the dates that the vendor gave us.

- - -

**UPDATE May 16** 
This is our current estimated timeline.

- GB Run time until May 11  - DONE
 - Invoicing begins May 7  - DONE
 - Payment deadline is May 13 (Unpaid orders will be cancelled) - DONE
 - Payment made through proxy to vendor on May 13/14.  - DONE
 - Order ships out May 22 28 due to delay from case issues  - CURRENTLY WAITING HERE
 - Package estiimated to arrive around June 9th 15th 
 - Once shipment arrives (Komatoz orders) will be packaged and sent out by June 16 (assuming shipment arrives by June 9th15th)

All orders will be updated with tracking on THIS FORM --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zY5vN-NAxYLioxdlpDLOPq1uDD5_rmaci2vOWZAACkg/edit#gid=0

Please keep an eye out on there, and if there are any address changes needed and such, please let us know!  :)

- - -

**UPDATE May 22**

Shipping has been delayed to May 28 from 22 due to the issues of marks/nicks and white gunk around the port of the case as well as the edges.

To get better case manufactering and to prevent sending everyone keyboards that are under par in terms of quality, we chose to take the delay so all the dates will be pushed back about a week, sorry!

- - - 

Most recent update can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6gkrib/gb_gk64_shipping_update_aristotle_switch_price/ 
[/size]

MOST RECENT UPDATE: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6h5mfq/gb_gk64_shipping_updatepossible_bad_news/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2017, 19:38:29 by Komatoz »
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline keykaboo

Re: [GB] GK64 Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 05:32:50 »
Sorry for the miscommunications. Actually I am the reddit user dartdart.

I forgot to state that and I ran the IC on geekhack as well.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 05:49:24 »
Interesting  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 May 2017, 06:31:49 by Myk! »

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 06:16:39 »
edit: fixed on both post and form. Once again, I sincerely apologize. My mistake! Sorry Myk!
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 May 2017, 06:42:42 by Komatoz »

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 07:06:42 »
nvm

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 07:17:06 »
So who is the actual creator of this keyboard? This almost seems too good to be true....

A fully programmable KB with aluminum case, RGB lighting, hot swappable switches, and dedicated software to control all of it for $135? Non-programmable mass produced RGB boards with plastic cases cost this much.

I'd like to get in on this, but have to admit I'm skeptical. A lot going on here in a relatively short time period...assuming I found the right IC thread on reddit is only a week old. I see well over a years worth of work here and probably significantly more when you consider the promised software, how is this the first time anyone is hearing about it?

Edit: And is going to ship in two weeks which means production must be nearly completed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 May 2017, 07:22:57 by ChitownM2 »

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 07:37:42 »
So who is the actual creator of this keyboard? This almost seems too good to be true....

A fully programmable KB with aluminum case, RGB lighting, hot swappable switches, and dedicated software to control all of it for $135? Non-programmable mass produced RGB boards with plastic cases cost this much.

I'd like to get in on this, but have to admit I'm skeptical. A lot going on here in a relatively short time period...assuming I found the right IC thread on reddit is only a week old. I see well over a years worth of work here and probably significantly more when you consider the promised software, how is this the first time anyone is hearing about it?

Edit: And is going to ship in two weeks which means production must be nearly completed.

I was told that it was made by "Everglide" and that it is already completed and in stock in the vendor's warehouses ready to go (thus the guaranteed shipping date)

However, I wont lie. You made a good point that had not crossed my mind previously...I didnt realize what a short period of time it's been since it's first mention anywhere. 
I will definitely be looking into this EXTREMELY thoroughly as the GB goes on because I also going to be a part of this GB myself.   

However, If this GB goes sideways my plan was to cancel the GB altogether, wait till it is officially out of pre-sale, buy one myself, THEN run the GB once I have the physical keyboard in hand to better inform you guys.   
But for the time being, we are still waiting word on obtaining a sample.

/u/dartdart on Reddit (aka: keykaboo on Geekhack) would be able to inform you in more detail as he is the one who has been in contact with both vendor and proxy and did most of the work.

Im just running GB, invoicing, packing and shipping :O

Offline keykaboo

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 07:43:07 »

Hi,

Thank you for the interest.

You can check out their official website on the YouTube video.

They have given this project to EverGlide

You can always get this from TaoBao at a higher price.

I have provided the link in the IC

The short time period is because we want to get the early bird price + discount. If we extend the GB, the price will be approximate 18 USD higher.

Hope this clarifies

Offline torafuma

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 09:04:29 »
Is there an option for an acrylic case in this GB? Or is that scheduled for down the line? (Already signed up, just curious)  :D

Offline keykaboo

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 09:12:59 »
Is there an option for an acrylic case in this GB? Or is that scheduled for down the line? (Already signed up, just curious)  :D

Yes it will be.

For this GB, this is the product they offer

Offline alfmoonspace

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 12:10:21 »
I am interested but dang that sounds way too good to be true...

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 13:23:19 »
So I have no idea who "Everglide" is, but I'll admit that I'm new to this community so there is a ton I don't know.

The only thing I could find regarding "everglide" and "keyboard" was this ~9 year old review of a gaming keyboard from a company with the same name, but that looked like it was a 96 key board that obviously doesn't have any of the features we are talking about here. http://www.geek.com/chips/review-everglide-dktboard-gaming-keyboard-573978/

Since these have already been produced I have to assume that there is some corporation behind this product as someone had to front the money for production. If that is the case, I would have to question the quality of a board that packs all of these features and a worthwhile profit. Are we sure that this is a legit product? As I understand it, TaoBao is just an online marketplace like Amazon so the fact that this is being sold there too doesn't mean this isn't a scam...

Also, that software that controls everything is in Chinese according to the pictures. That would likely be a big problem for most of us....
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 May 2017, 13:25:24 by ChitownM2 »

Offline keykaboo

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 14:01:11 »
So I have no idea who "Everglide" is, but I'll admit that I'm new to this community so there is a ton I don't know.

The only thing I could find regarding "everglide" and "keyboard" was this ~9 year old review of a gaming keyboard from a company with the same name, but that looked like it was a 96 key board that obviously doesn't have any of the features we are talking about here. http://www.geek.com/chips/review-everglide-dktboard-gaming-keyboard-573978/

Since these have already been produced I have to assume that there is some corporation behind this product as someone had to front the money for production. If that is the case, I would have to question the quality of a board that packs all of these features and a worthwhile profit. Are we sure that this is a legit product? As I understand it, TaoBao is just an online marketplace like Amazon so the fact that this is being sold there too doesn't mean this isn't a scam...

Also, that software that controls everything is in Chinese according to the pictures. That would likely be a big problem for most of us....

Hi,

I cannot say much about the EverGlide company as I do not have information as well. They are just another local firm in China.

However, I would say that this is legit as the vendor went to HK's trade fair to show case this product which is where I found them online.

Taobao is pretty secure as there is the refund option which we will be using as well.

The software is available in other languages. You can check out their website which is showcased at the end of the promotional video.

Hope this helps.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 14:48:33 »
Cool board!  Too bad for the 2u L-shift, otherwise it looks great!  :thumb:

Offline child

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 15:09:56 »
What kind of switches are "Gateron standard switches"?

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 15:12:06 »
What kind of switches are "Gateron standard switches"?

By standard, I meant "non-SMD" (Black bottom, clear top)

Sorry, initially made this post late while my brain was melting from finals.

Will clarify that better right now :O
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 May 2017, 20:52:14 by Komatoz »

Offline odd

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 16:00:29 »

The Anne Pro does everything you listed minus the aluminum case and hot swap sockets and is sold for around $70.

edit: Looks like this keyboard uses those cheap plastic hot swap sockets and not the metal ones like the Smart68 so it's even cheaper to produce.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 May 2017, 16:04:04 by odd »

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 03:29:10 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:27:28 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline keykaboo

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 04:55:55 »
Certainly interested in bare kit (no switches, no keycaps)

Thank you for the interest.

We have added that options to the GB order.

We will constantly update the page when we get the latest information

Offline keykaboo

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 04:57:59 »
I am interested but dang that sounds way too good to be true...

I dont really think this is too good to be true.

I will be getting my hands on a sample hopefully before the GB closes.

If you really like this, do check back on the last day for the updates.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

• Custom RGB backlit mechanical keyboards
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 20:08:48 »
It seems very cool~~

Offline laserman1

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 10:44:13 »
I am thinking of getting in on this one for my first non-full mech keyboard. This is a noob question but will I be able to use TMX stem keycaps with this?

Offline skimzor

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 11:32:14 »
Can i just get a plate by itself or do I have to order the whole thing?

Offline keykaboo

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 19:31:41 »
Can i just get a plate by itself or do I have to order the whole thing?

For this time round full set only. The minimal package is no switch and no keycaps
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 May 2017, 19:35:07 by keykaboo »

Offline keykaboo

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 19:33:54 »
I am thinking of getting in on this one for my first non-full mech keyboard. This is a noob question but will I be able to use TMX stem keycaps with this?

That I am not sure. But they are using the cherry mx switches and clones. I think as long as the shape is the same, it should fit

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 03:08:29 »

Yes.

TMX keycaps are a hybrid between MX stems and Topre stems.

As long as they fit switches such as Cherry MX or Gateron switches, they will fit.

Offline eagleheardt

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 23:44:47 »
super hyped for this guy.

Offline bayfury

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 01:24:51 »
Is it compatible with QMK or TMK?

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 08:22:11 »
Is it compatible with QMK or TMK?

I apologize for the late response, Geekhack is still difficult for me to figure out how to see replies.

But no it will not be.

It will only be able to get the keys mapped through the developer's software which can be downloaded and used to control keymapping and RGB settings.

Offline adamwearsblak

Re: [GB] GK64 Keyboard (Order Placed - Waiting for Shipment)
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 15:53:13 »
Hi new here and just saw this group buy. Bummed I missed out. Hopefully there will be another buy for this! Love this keyboard

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 20:39:42 »
Hi new here and just saw this group buy. Bummed I missed out. Hopefully there will be another buy for this! Love this keyboard

There will definitely be plans for another in the future, but with much more options available! :)

Offline vincent88928

• Have Fun Everywhere
    • YMDK
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 10:12:41 »
Can this keyboard changed to other layout,such as right 2.75 shift?Is the hot hotitles stable enough
Have Fun Everywhere

Offline Datinhkhach

I'm get this keyboard today , so nice but can't config it . Someone has manual or userguide for easy use ?

Offline keykaboo

Re: [GB] GK64 Keyboard (DONE!!)
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 10:18:42 »
Sorry about the formatting, I am new here.

There is an update to the software and firmware.

This is the link to the patch notes!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eGajw1vZYSN3AmjL6iPG-OeBNSUXtQYdPnr6VHRWaO0

This is the link to software

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HvNHVaQ0pdUVk4VXpaSWNuOVk

Here are more information on reddit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6k14fg/gbgk64_software_and_firmware_update_and_new/