Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 456668 times)

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
Re: [GB] Noxary X60 (Major Update)
« Reply #1800 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 23:24:44 »
When it is all said and done.. People are gonna have some bad ass, rare, boards that will never be made again. A lot of people will be jealous and wish they had bought a spot.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1801 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 02:23:03 »
Thank you Xondat for the transparency

You're doing a great job running the buy and can't wait to see my board in the flesh :)

Offline axtran

« Reply #1802 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 10:58:34 »
I'm interested in listing mine as a swap, however I'll spare you on the PM for now, xondat. :) Keep up the diligence on the buy, it's tough but worth it in the end for those who want a board like this (I more bought in to support the effort).
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1803 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 09:35:43 »
Wrong thread
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 June 2017, 09:45:26 by fendent »

Offline joey

« Reply #1804 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 14:06:34 »
If you wanna see a terrible picture of my completed x60, click 'more'

More
I warned you..
More

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #1805 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 14:07:10 »

More
I warned you..
More
Show Image

whoa! First person I've seen type with no keycaps!

Offline joey

« Reply #1806 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 14:10:18 »

More
I warned you..
More
Show Image

whoa! First person I've seen type with no keycaps!
I've been typing without caps so long, the ends of my fingers match MX stems.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1807 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 14:55:53 »
Is there a set date to ship out the boards?

What's the cutoff date for spots that have not been able to sell?
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1808 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 18:01:59 »
Just a reminder to everyone that I'll be away from the 25th (tomorrow) to 2nd (land at 23:55 so more like the 3rd) on a trip with my girlfriend. I'll be taking my Mac which means I won't be able to check emails (client is Windows only). I don't have any intention to stress myself anymore on this whilst I'm away, but I will be consolidating on on everything. I'll check the thread but don't expect anything.

When I get back, I'll issue the relevant refunds, and also start cataloguing every case so we can go forward as smoothly as possible. Right now, I'm thinking that reanodizing will be the best middle grounds of fixing the issues. The only thing is that there is currently no source of the money needed to accomplish this. I'll be going to local places and getting quotes to figure out how much money I need to pull from no where.

Is there a set date to ship out the boards?

What's the cutoff date for spots that have not been able to sell?

If people want to go with the cases in their current condition, they'll start going out after I've finished cataloguing and have a proper plan. I don't have a set date, but I can't see that taking more than a week (from the 3rd).

Probably the same date I start to ship boards out. Obviously don't want to be messing with spots when I'm shipping.

I'm still happy to reinvoice people if you'd like the PayPal buyers protection. If it's over 6 months, then you'll lose the fees, but still happy to reinvoice. If it's under 6 months, then it's a pretty simple thing (copy invoice, you pay, I refund).

If you'd like this, please take your order number (the row your order is on) and send an email to support@noxary.co with the subject as "X60 REINVOICE __"; include your geekhack name and PayPal email address in the body.

The 4 UK boards have been built and they all seem to like them (which is good, I suppose ;)).

malenky's HHKB with GMK 9009

pexon's HHKB with GMK Honeywell

bunnylake's WKL with GMK Hyperfuse (better pictures SoonTM)

joey's WKL with no caps :'(

I think that's all. I'll be around for the next 30 minutes or so, so post any questions you think need to be answered.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 12:29:43 by xondat »

Offline doom2

« Reply #1809 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 18:22:18 »
If our spot has been sold, is there a way we can know before refunds are issued?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline YH YOON

« Reply #1810 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 02:21:33 »
you still have Spot 21 ?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1811 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 02:38:06 »
Hey all, loud_asian has decided to dispute which means my funds (which majority is my money) is locked up until I get back from my trip and can fully figure everything out. I don't think his spot was paid for yet so it'll involve some juggling around so everyone will have to stay patient. I'll be sorting it when I'm back. Thanks.

Offline doom2

« Reply #1812 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 07:41:25 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 June 2017, 13:49:55 by doom2 »

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #1813 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 09:40:28 »
Hey all, loud_asian has decided to dispute which means my funds (which majority is my money) is locked up until I get back from my trip and can fully figure everything out. I don't think his spot was paid for yet so it'll involve some juggling around so everyone will have to stay patient. I'll be sorting it when I'm back. Thanks.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-dispute-resolution

The funds for that particular transaction is locked. The rest is not.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1814 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 11:26:05 »

This isn't always true.

Offline doom2

« Reply #1815 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 11:32:08 »
Also, how is it that all the UK boards were without defect but so many others were?

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #1816 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 12:59:49 »

This isn't always true.

Except it is. To even have reserve levels place on you, you'd have to have unreasonable numbers of chargebacks, and a lot of traffic going in and out of your paypal account.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #1817 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:00:35 »
Also, how is it that all the UK boards were without defect but so many others were?

I guess they were really really really lucky. The rest of you were really really really unlucky :(

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1818 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:01:17 »

This isn't always true.

Except it is. To even have reserve levels place on you, you'd have to have unreasonable numbers of chargebacks, and a lot of traffic going in and out of your paypal account.

You can quote their ToS all you want, but I can promise you that they do what they want when they want.  I have had it happened to me, I know others that have it happened to them.

Offline ArchDildo

« Reply #1819 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:18:01 »

I guess they were really really really lucky. The rest of you were really really really unlucky :(

And three of them just happen to be CtrlAlt members hmm  :rolleyes:

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1820 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:19:06 »

Only bunny is a CTRL Alt member.

Offline ArchDildo

« Reply #1821 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:20:46 »

By that i mean heavily active in CtlAlt slack.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1822 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:21:44 »

Why don't you stop hiding behind an alt.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #1823 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:24:03 »

Sucks for everyone else i guess.

Offline ArchDildo

« Reply #1824 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:25:30 »

Im not, so mind your own business.  Your also a heavily active CtrlAlt slack user.  :))

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1825 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:26:58 »

Im not, so mind your own business.  Your also a heavily active CtrlAlt slack user.  :))

And?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1826 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:27:57 »
What's the point? Are you a heavy mk discord user and by default hate keycommunity slack?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1827 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:31:50 »

The name on this alt account has confirmed your age. At least this one is not racist like the last.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1828 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:38:54 »

mine isnt without defects

mine has a massive anodising mark across the entire back

you can see it in the pics xondat posted of my board on instagram

also, and i dont follow this thread a ton, but the reason i and a couple of others had their boards shipped to start was so xondat could check his packaging was ok given some recent issues on another keyboard buy with packaging he was trying to do his due diligence and make sure it held up, starting locally whilst it was untested and even in the small amount ive read this thread i have seen xondat mention that several times and didnt see any complaints about it then

should we have all received perfect boards, and should all these issues above happened, i could see how this could be viewed by people

should all the boards have arrived perfectly to xondat, and he got these 4 orders out right away to check the packaging, all was good and he then sent the rest of the orders this conversation wouldn't be happening

also to note that the minor scratches aren't the only issue with these boards and the boards we received suffer from every other issue, and as above, mine has a  particularly large anodising mark amongst other cosmetic blemishes

by isolating your statement i can see how it looks or how people want to portray xondats decision, but given the context he wasn't trying to do anything untoward, he got ours out right away as planned to check his packaging, whilst he was doing the other quality control, and indeed some of the issues he has listed were found because of the few of us that have received our boards so far

this situation sucks, it sucks for all of the buyers, it sucks for xondat, and if the factory make this right it sucks for them as well but xondat is trying his best to rectify this for people, he didnt **** these boards up, the factory did, and as leader of the GB, his current role is facilitating a discussion from us the buyers, to them the factory, to accurately portray the issues to the factory and start a conversation towards a resolution, and it seems that is currently happening

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ArchDildo

« Reply #1829 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:58:59 »

this situation sucks, it sucks for all of the buyers, it sucks for xondat, and if the factory make this right it sucks for them as well but xondat is trying his best to rectify this for people, he didnt **** these boards up, the factory did, and as leader of the GB, his current role is facilitating a discussion from us the buyers, to them the factory, to accurately portray the issues to the factory and start a conversation towards a resolution, and it seems that is currently happening

Yeah but he knowingly used the same factory as Mech27, he even got the contact info for the factory from him. Then he tries to deny that.

With that said, not really surprising if people choose to open a dispute at this point.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1830 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 14:04:05 »

Yeah but he knowingly used the same factory as Mech27, he even got the contact info for the factory from him. Then he tries to deny that.

With that said, not really surprising if people choose to open a dispute at this point.

i dont know anything about what factory he used, or anything about the 27 buy other than i hear people saying it had issues so i cant comment on that, if that is the case it isnt ideal id imagine, but i dont know enough about what happened with the 27 to comment on any parallels between the two

i dont believe chargebacks are the best option for this though, its a newly discovered issue, which is currently trying to be resolved, and xondat i believe im correct in saying this has offered to reissue invoices so people can maintain being within the payment dispute window

the money has been paid to the factory, issuing chargebacks now takes the funds directly out of xondats pocket, something he has stated clearly he cannot afford, having access to his paypal frozen cant speed up a resolution of this buy for anyone, it can only hinder it for everyone else waiting and limit xondats options in trying to solve this very difficult situation

f

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1831 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 14:32:51 »
I have muted ArchDildo for the use of a throwaway account.  I have not confirmed the identity, but this type of behavior is not acceptable on the forum.  If you have CONSTRUCTIVE critism, please share on your actual account.  I am not playing favorites with CtrlALT, as he/she has suggested.  Alt accounts are not allowed on the site, and I would do the same to anyone else. 

Please keep discussion on topic and related to the issues at hand.  As someone involved in this GB, I understand the frustration.  But issuing pp disputes is not the best way for this to get resolved.  All you will do is negatively effect everyone else involved.  Having spoke with Xondat many times over the months, and from his public posting, I am confident he will work this out for everyone the best he can with the tools at his disposal.  We all just need to be patient.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1832 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 17:14:54 »
:rolleyes:

Two things need to be addressed:

1. It's easy to tell who is ****posting and who actually cares - you should've done your research. My cases finished production on the 16th of November. It was the weights (the design mainly) that took us further. 27's cases arrived on the 16th of January. Therefore my cases were done 2 months before his arrived. This means there was absolutely no way to judge quality.

2. The 4 UK boards were sent to people I highly trust. They weren't perfect (anodizing hook marks, dodgy anodizing), but this was before I knew how severe the lack of proper quality control by my factory was. I spoke to them all about the issues and they said it doesn't affect them. Malenky didn't even notice the anodizing hook marks on the top piece before I pointed them out to him which is slightly unfortunate but I want to be completely transparent on the quality, and that I want it to be flawless.

Regarding the Ctrl Alt/Keyboard Community thing, it was back in June last year I started learning design (including starting this project). Many people there were extremely helpful and generally put up with me whilst I asked all the questions I need to get to the point I could start this group buy. I had to chose people in the UK so that the delivery was next day, meaning I could get the shipping feedback ASAP and start sending to all participants. The reasons I chose Joey & Bunnylake was due to their constant support and just generally getting along very well. I also went with Pexon & Malenky for the same reasons, but on top of those, I met them at the UK 1.5 meet up, and they were both very excited about the project.

None of this needs to be said, but as I want to be completely open about the quality of the cases, it won't go missed.

Like I said before, when I get back, I'll be looking into local anodizing and then I'll figure funding for that out. I'll also be cataloging all the cases and sending out cases that people want.

:-*
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 12:29:58 by xondat »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1833 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 17:22:38 »
:rolleyes:

Two things need to be addressed:

1. It's easy to tell who is ****posting and who actually cares - you should've done your research. My cases finished production on the 16th of November. It was the weights (the design mainly) that took us further. 27's cases arrived on the 16th of January. Therefore my cases were done 2 months before his arrived. This means there was absolutely no way to judge quality.

2. The 4 UK boards were sent to people I highly trust. They weren't perfect (anodizing hook marks, dodgy anodizing), but this was before I knew how severe the lack of proper quality control by my factory was. I spoke to them all about the issues and they said it doesn't affect them. Malenky didn't even notice the anodizing hook marks on the top piece before I pointed them out to him which is slightly unfortunate but I want to be completely transparent on the quality, and that I want it to be flawless.

Regarding the Ctrl Alt/Keyboard Community thing, it was back in June last year I started learning design (including starting this project). Many people there were extremely helpful and generally put up with me whilst I asked all the questions I need to get to the point I could start this group buy. I had to chose people in the UK so that the delivery was next day, meaning I could get the shipping feedback ASAP and start sending to all participants. The reasons I chose Joey & Bunnylake was due to their constant support and just generally getting along very well. I also went with Pexon & Malenky for the same reasons, but on top of those, I met them at the UK 1.5 meet up, and they were both very excited about the project.

None of this needs to be said, but as I want to be completely open about the quality of the cases, it won't go missed.

Like I said before, when I get back, I'll be looking into local anodizing and then I'll figure funding for that out. I'll also be cataloging all the cases and sending out cases that people want.

I'll end this on a nice note - today was great, went to the top of some hill and saw this:

Show Image

:-*

have a great trip sir

Offline doom2

« Reply #1834 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 18:36:38 »
My spot might be up for sale, but I still want to see this buy succeed. The only reason I asked about the UK cases is because I didn't see the photo Bunny referenced so I didn't know if UK people got flawless kits or not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
« Reply #1835 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 01:57:55 »
I get that xondat is going on trip but would be nice to just get an acknowledgement that he has read my PMs about changing shipping address. I don't mind the defects (perks of choosing silver, everything is slightly less apparent), I just want my board.

Hats off to the impatient moron who just couldn't wait a few days for things to pan out before opening a dispute

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1836 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 04:00:13 »
I get that xondat is going on trip but would be nice to just get an acknowledgement that he has read my PMs about changing shipping address. I don't mind the defects (perks of choosing silver, everything is slightly less apparent), I just want my board.

Hats off to the impatient moron who just couldn't wait a few days for things to pan out before opening a dispute

I don't read my PMs very often simply because it's not very organisable and I encourage people to email me regarding their order at support@noxary.co. If you could send an email over, that'd be great.

Speaking of impatient people, Unforgiveable has disputed all 3 of his orders of $1490. ****ing great. I understand it is a lot of money, but that's actually gone into shipping money for others spots so it's incredibly selfish and generally ****s everyone over.

;D

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1837 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 04:30:01 »
Right now, I'm thinking that reanodizing will be the best middle grounds of fixing the issues. The only thing is that there is currently no source of the money needed to accomplish this. I'll be going to local places and getting quotes to figure out how much money I need to pull from no where.

So the shop that produced them isn't going to pay for them to be re-anodized?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1838 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 09:35:42 »
Issuing disputes at this point of the GB stage is extremely selfish and poor GB etiquette. There are 90+ other users in the same boat.

I'm not denying the GB has gone awry, but Xondat has been transparent about the glaring issues and is not running away from the problems.

This may be out of line, but please don't join GBs if you need to blow an entire paycheck on a keyboard.

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1839 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 09:39:01 »
Right now, I'm thinking that reanodizing will be the best middle grounds of fixing the issues. The only thing is that there is currently no source of the money needed to accomplish this. I'll be going to local places and getting quotes to figure out how much money I need to pull from no where.

No. That would be extremely costly to ship them back to China just to re-ano them

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #1840 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 09:45:02 »
Issuing disputes at this point of the GB stage is extremely selfish and poor GB etiquette. There are 90+ other users in the same boat.

I'm not denying the GB has gone awry, but Xondat has been transparent about the glaring issues and is not running away from the problems.

This may be out of line, but please don't join GBs if you need to blow an entire paycheck on a keyboard.

To all angry children that throw tantrums ...  you are not alone in this endeavour. Please think before you act so selfishly.

Offline joey

« Reply #1841 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 13:39:28 »
Put caps on it:

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #1842 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:07:50 »
I filled out a shipping form and was never invoiced. Are there still some people that haven't been invoiced for shipping because of the recent updates?

Offline thearchdill

« Reply #1843 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:37:52 »

If the 180 day paypal window is almost gone, its better to be safe than sorry at this point.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1844 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:43:34 »

If the 180 day paypal window is almost gone, its better to be safe than sorry at this point.

Dude... This is getting ridiculous.

ArchDildo.. That is stupid but blatantly taking my Reddit name is too far. Grow a pair and start using your own account.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1845 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:49:06 »

Another alt account lmao

10/10.
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1846 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:51:15 »
I filled out a shipping form and was never invoiced. Are there still some people that haven't been invoiced for shipping because of the recent updates?

Correct, about 25%.

They've offered a small sum that clearly won't cover the costs for local anodizing and is quite insulting. We'll see what happens as it progresses. I'm taking advice from people that deal with Chinese factories all the time, so I feel I should be able to get a reasonable solution to it all.

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
« Reply #1847 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:52:20 »

I don't think most people understand that PP disputes are meant to be a last minute resort, when the seller or GB runner has gone AWOL or is clearly taking the money and running. Xon hasn't run anywhere, and has been clearly documenting the delays and problems, and is formulating a plan to address these issues. Opening a dispute at this point is just creating a massive PITA for everyone involved; why would you respond to delays by creating another setback?

Take a look around. There are 100 boards and at least a couple dozen participants awaiting those boards. Have some common courtesy, and if waiting a patiently waiting a while for a refund/resolution should push you to the brink of financial desperation, maybe you shouldn't be dropping $400 on a board yea?

also, alt accounts lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Malenky

« Reply #1848 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:54:00 »
Re-invoicing was offered, to retain buyer protection on PayPal. If you're in a tough spot financially and you desperately need the money, at least 1) admit it and, 2) have the decency to PM the GB runner and explain/apologise.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1849 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 15:12:15 »

I don't think most people understand that PP disputes are meant to be a last minute resort, when the seller or GB runner has gone AWOL or is clearly taking the money and running. Xon hasn't run anywhere, and has been clearly documenting the delays and problems, and is formulating a plan to address these issues. Opening a dispute at this point is just creating a massive PITA for everyone involved; why would you respond to delays by creating another setback?

Take a look around. There are 100 boards and at least a couple dozen participants awaiting those boards. Have some common courtesy, and if waiting a patiently waiting a while for a refund/resolution should push you to the brink of financial desperation, maybe you shouldn't be dropping $400 on a board yea?

Given the history of some past buys on GH, i dont blame the buyers for disputing, people said oh dont worry you can trust Ivan, and look what happened. Each Individual should use their own judgement on the situation since its their money.

The thing is, you ****ing goon, 1) he has the boards (albeit not in good condition), 2) re-invoicing was offered, and 3) constant updates about the products/issue.
More