Author Topic: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)  (Read 494086 times)

Offline bciamny

seriously wonderful work on this ninjadoc and thanks for the update :)

Offline pace8500

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 September 2023, 06:21:56 by pace8500 »

Offline megaforce

@ninjadoc,

Is there a possibility of the plate file being available to us if we'd like to get our own brass or poly-carbonate plate cut after the GB has shipped?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Looking to sell my spot, #121 on the spreadsheet. If you're lazy, it's WKL Blue/Blue/Silver Plate/SS Plate/Brass Weight/SS Weight (numbered #57). I paid $65 for the #57 and $566 for the rest. PM me.

You still have your spot?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Looking to sell my spot, #121 on the spreadsheet. If you're lazy, it's WKL Blue/Blue/Silver Plate/SS Plate/Brass Weight/SS Weight (numbered #57). I paid $65 for the #57 and $566 for the rest. PM me.

PM ninjadoc if you haven't. I'm pretty sure he has a list of all the open spots.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

No, his spot has been transferred already.  But this one might still be available:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.msg2429803#msg2429803
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline I_need_a_bath

No, his spot has been transferred already.  But this one might still be available:

I meant to edit that...

Another driver thankfully came forward and admitted fault for the accident so I still have keeb money for this buy

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

I meant to edit that...

Another driver thankfully came forward and admitted fault for the accident so I still have keeb money for this buy

Great news!  Glad that worked out in your favor after all!

Offline yokken

If trading spots is still allowed, and if someone has an order with a black/blue/lunar case and a stainless steel plate, WITH winkey, that they want to get rid of (with other things being wildcards), I'd be interested in picking it up. Just shoot me a PM here or on Reddit or on the r/mk Discord with the same username. Thanks!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Can I have exact dimensions of the board? I'm looking into buying a briefcase for mine when it shows up and I'd like to know what size I need.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
Is there an Alps TKL PCB that fits the Mira and if so, could you provide with a link?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
So... Are we in production yet? Sorry, that wasn't clear to me

Offline loud_asian

I've heard through the grape vine that production started last week
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline SpareWalrus

Any idea what that means for delivery dates?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 11:53:51 by alienman82 »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

this is starting to get a little frustrating. why are we not getting more updates as things happen? everyone has paid. this is not the time to make changes to the design, just get the order in and update us on production.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

this is starting to get a little frustrating. why are we not getting more updates as things happen? everyone has paid. this is not the time to make changes to the design, just get the order in and update us on production.

I mean ninjadoc updated that production was planned to start on Thursday of last week but that is the last update.

Offline loud_asian

the order has definitely been submitted, no more changes to individual orders are being allowed

Offline SpareWalrus

I've been asking for weeks now for a revised timeline and have been told it's coming but am still waiting. Starting to get a bit frustrated as well. I know there's a bit of delay due to unforseen circumstances, which is fine, however I would like to know what this means in terms of delivery date.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative

This is so difficult haha. I really dislike the #40...

Offline loud_asian

I've been asking for weeks now for a revised timeline and have been told it's coming but am still waiting. Starting to get a bit frustrated as well. I know there's a bit of delay due to unforseen circumstances, which is fine, however I would like to know what this means in terms of delivery date.

Just add a month to the past timeline, since that's how long it took to redesign the case

Timelines don't mean much when production has just started tbh.

Look at the X60, the original timeline had the case shipping out end of December. LZ CLS is slated to ship out next week, but we haven't heard anything about that. Viper v2 batch 2 was delayed by something like 4 weeks.

Delays happen man, as frustrating as it is, you just gotta roll with the punches.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

I'll take the numbered weight haha

Offline Sissy

Speaking of PCBs, does the PCB that comes with this support Holtites?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Speaking of PCBs, does the PCB that comes with this support Holtites?

Yes, but maybe not the bottom row, since it's got weird compatability. It's a TX87.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

That spot is not available--i_need_a_bath posted that he will be keeping his order earlier in the thread (on this very page).

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

That spot is not available--i_need_a_bath posted that he will be keeping his order earlier in the thread (on this very page).

I'm really just messing around at this point.

Offline theillumedpanda

[GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (Closed for orders. Manufacturing phase.)
« Reply #726 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 01:09:12 »
Is there an Alps TKL PCB that fits the Mira and if so, could you provide with a link?

email leeku11@gmail.com to buy one.

WARNING

he is lazy as all hell, and will take 3 months to mail it.  You have to make sure he knows that you want it faster than that BS
Thanks! Sent him an email.

Edit: Leeku answered, super fast. He still has Alps PCBs that fit the MIRA. Just without the plate unfortunately. Send me a PM if you have the files for it or are interested in a plate and maybe we can get something going.

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 June 2017, 04:22:26 by theillumedpanda »

Offline ninjadoc

Update is in the OP. The design has been clarified with EVE and production should have begun. There were tweaks but no major redesign. There are designs for alps plates for the Mira and once production has gotten into full swing and I can provide pictures I will begin an interest check for alps plates and PCB's, partial plates, polycarbonate plates, and brass plates. At this point in time I will not release CAD files for plates and plan on looking at pricing for the above items once I know the timeline for the Mira SE.

Offline ninjadoc

WARNING

he is lazy as all hell, and will take 3 months to mail it.  You have to make sure he knows that you want it faster than that BS

Edit: Leeku answered, super fast. He still has Alps PCBs that fit the MIRA. Just without the plate unfortunately. Send me a PM if you have the files for it or are interested in a plate and maybe we can get something going.

I have the plate files and will have a GB for them soon.

Offline theillumedpanda

WARNING

For Leeku's Alps PCB? That's awesome. Does his PCB also support Winkeyless?

Offline senter

• * Maker
look forward this board.

Offline poolside

Update is in the OP. The design has been clarified with EVE and production should have begun. There were tweaks but no major redesign. There are designs for alps plates for the Mira and once production has gotten into full swing and I can provide pictures I will begin an interest check for alps plates and PCB's, partial plates, polycarbonate plates, and brass plates. At this point in time I will not release CAD files for plates and plan on looking at pricing for the above items once I know the timeline for the Mira SE.

This future companion plate GB is great news! Thanks for the update.

More

WARNING

For Leeku's Alps PCB? That's awesome. Does his PCB also support Winkeyless?

Yes it does.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
I'm embarrassingly excited about this now that I'm in it.

Offline Sissy

Damn right you should be embarrassed about being excited for a keyboard, especially on geekhack of all places.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Damn right you should be embarrassed about being excited for a keyboard, especially on geekhack of all places.

I told all my co-workers about it yesterday. That's how excited I am.

They sort of got it. I told them I'd try to bring it in if it ships before end of summer.

Offline megaforce

love me some mira
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Curious about updated timeline, and whether or not production has ACTUALLY begun.

No rush.

Offline sunnywala

Also curious about production and would like an updated timeline as well.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Just posting to say that we're all aware of the requests for the timeline, and it will be posted once the manufacturer provides it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Just posting to say that we're all aware of the requests for the timeline, and it will be posted once the manufacturer provides it.

Thanks much.

Offline fi0x

Looking to sell my spot, #33 on the spreadsheet.
Unfortunately it seems like the board will still take about a month or two before we get it so I'm looking to redirect some funds to some more urgent financial needs (university, etc) if possible.
For quick specs, it's WK Silver case with Pink Plate and Steel Weight, Limited Edition #12. I paid $53.42 CAD for the #12 and $586.23 CAD on the board for a total of $639.65 CAD. Let me know if your interested and we'll sort it out with ninjadoc and co.
~I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶g̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶(̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶)̶ I am a keyboard geek~

Offline mechengkeys

What is the spacebar length on standard window-keyed layout? I am looking at the massdrop SA spacebar?

Offline iArson

6.25 Winkey and 7 winkeyless

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline LDobler

What is the spacebar length on standard window-keyed layout? I am looking at the massdrop SA spacebar?
6.25u

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
need to update my shipping address, who should I PM?
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline loud_asian

need to update my shipping address, who should I PM?

photoelectric

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Yes, please PM me for address changes, I'm quick to update the spreadsheet.

Offline SpareWalrus

Sorry to keep pestering, but it's been about a week now. Any updates on this front?

Offline ninjadoc

If I had a revised timeline I would give it to you.
I know he is working on the boards but I haven't been able to get a date on shipping. I will post something in the OP shortly.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

If I had a revised timeline I would give it to you.
I know he is working on the boards but I haven't been able to get a date on shipping. I will post something in the OP shortly.

thank you, ninja. we appreciate the update, even if "there is nothing to update"