Author Topic: [IC] Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard (10/08/2023 - GB STARTING ON AUGUST 20TH)  (Read 496445 times)

touch and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Axariel

Re: Type K - Tented Alice keyboard
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 19:55:27 »
I think that reducing the number of fcfs sales for an even more limited raffle will further reduce most people's chances of being able to buy this, especially if the number of fcfs units is already low.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #201 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 21:12:44 »
I think that reducing the number of fcfs sales for an even more limited raffle will further reduce most people's chances of being able to buy this, especially if the number of fcfs units is already low.
I am basically trying to offer different ways to enter because there are drawbacks for each of them.
People will complain about FCFS being problematic due to botting and raffle suffers from multiple entries so there isn't really a perfect answer.

Offline RossLocke18

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 21:19:20 »
Design is super nice! Reserved yet catches your eye on the table

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:30:42 »
With that said, I'd be open to run this design a few times as long as it doesn't hinder the development of other things I want to run.

Sounds good, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 05:21:31 »
EU proxy?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 10:36:37 »
I am basically trying to offer different ways to enter because there are drawbacks for each of them.
People will complain about FCFS being problematic due to botting and raffle suffers from multiple entries so there isn't really a perfect answer.

Isn't all-raffle (or Vickrey) the best way? I feel like it's at least somewhat easier to weed out multiple raffle entries than to deal with bots.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #206 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 11:21:26 »

Isn't all-raffle (or Vickrey) the best way? I feel like it's at least somewhat easier to weed out multiple raffle entries than to deal with bots.
The Vickrey auction is the tried and true way of the capitalist, but a lot of people complain about it because it tends to ice out people with no money.

I think raffles are always the safest way to not piss people off.

I still vote for an expensive FCFS, but it's not like my vote matters

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 13:27:43 »
Vickrey is basically the same as buying stuff from r/mm flippers, IMO.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 13:41:29 »
Vickrey is basically the same as buying stuff from r/mm flippers, IMO.
The difference is that it puts the money into our pocket rather than those that would be lucky enough to win a raffle and just wanted to flip it in the first place which would allow us to put the money towards the next run.

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 13:44:00 »
The difference is that it puts the money into our pocket rather than those that would be lucky enough to win a raffle and just wanted to flip it in the first place which would allow us to put the money towards the next run.
True, I guess I simply thought of it as consumer rather than from both sides.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 14:20:40 »
Vickrey is very pro consumer. It's literally the consumers in the auction deciding the price/value of the product, and then paying less then what they decided

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 14:56:14 »
Vickrey is very pro consumer. It's literally the consumers in the auction deciding the price/value of the product, and then paying less then what they decided
I don't agree with this. All this means is people who're more successful in life (read as earn a lot) get extraordinary bigger chances in acquiring a product. People who earn/willing-to-spend substantially less are getting screwed way harder than in any other way of selling. All means of selling product that is extremely limited is flawed in some sort of way. FCFS: blink and your chance is gone, also promotes rampant flipping; Raffle: you can never be sure that you will win one; Vickrey basically screws people who are not whales.

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 15:02:38 »
I don't agree with this. All this means is people who're more successful in life (read as earn a lot) get extraordinary bigger chances in acquiring a product. People who earn/willing-to-spend substantially less are getting screwed way harder than in any other way of selling. All means of selling product that is extremely limited is flawed in some sort of way. FCFS: blink and your chance is gone, also promotes rampant flipping; Raffle: you can never be sure that you will win one; Vickrey basically screws people who are not whales.

that's why something like what hiney's doing - having a raffle and also a vickrey auction - is fair as it allows for people with the means to go all out to pay what the top 10% of the market would pay. there's no perfect model for something when the demand is that much higher than the supply, though.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 15:25:12 »

Ooh, that's a good compromise - the in stock sale is a higher price than the raffle. That seems to minimize the incentive to bot the in stock sale while also allowing everyone a chance in the raffle.
The Vickrey auction is the tried and true way of the capitalist, but a lot of people complain about it because it tends to ice out people with no money.

I think raffles are always the safest way to not piss people off.

I still vote for an expensive FCFS, but it's not like my vote matters

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 16:15:39 »
Lmao vickrey all the boards sounds amazing for the vendor to make profit

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 16:21:45 »
If my vote matters, FCFS is my preference!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 17:31:33 »
Fcfs sucks. O your internet is lagging for 10 seconds? Welp sucks to be you your out.

Offline powotato

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 17:41:34 »
been watching this for a while now. my wallet is ready.

Offline FlitzDeelman

Type K - Tented Alice keyboard
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 01:13:44 »
One is to make it lighter since a tented bottom would make it way too heavy and the other is to light the gap between the aluminium top and stainless steel weight.

And the lights will sweep like Knight Rider, right?

So you are in fact saying you’ll sell this as a... wait for it... keyboard KITT?? Badum-tish!

(I hope bad puns won’t get me shadow banned from ever owning this board...  )

« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2020, 01:19:15 by FlitzDeelman »

Offline deepmail

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 14:19:31 »
I'm so down

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 17:18:32 »
I hate FCFS with boards well since i always lose  :p
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 14:25:49 »
Love it! Hope to be able to get one!

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 05:37:29 »
Looking good  :thumb:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 08:38:57 »
such a nice board! such slim chances. looking forward to get a chance

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 17:49:12 »
raffle it baby

Offline ronnie_gogs

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 12:44:21 »
Yes please...  :cool:

Offline pleasega

Re: Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 10:20:58 »
cant wait for this!!!

Offline wafflehigh

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 20:29:39 »
If I don't get this keyboard, I might drown in my own tears.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 07:44:24 »
Do you mind me asking why not run it as an open group buy, a la 7v?

Much rather wait to get my hands on it, than not get my hands on it at all  :'(

Offline pcire

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 16:23:04 »

+1

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 17:10:22 »

Agreed

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 18:52:05 »

Agreed
+1

Offline vincenttngo1

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 19:03:02 »
wow...I always love seeing alice cases but my inappropriate form of typing has always prevented me from purchasing but this might be the one exception I make...

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #233 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 05:47:54 »
Part FCFS part Raffle is true and tested way.

Everyone gets chance and it is best all-round choice

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 08:14:01 »
I prefer FCFS

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 08:33:47 »
I'll be going for one of these. Looks amazing.

Offline xine007

« Reply #236 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 13:26:07 »

I won't be able to increase the number of units that are run each time because the manufacturer has said that its a very difficult design to machine due to the number of internal fillets and angle changes and have recommended that I limit the number of units for my sake and theirs.

With that said, I'd be open to run this design a few times as long as it doesn't hinder the development of other things I want to run.

The limited number of units that the manufacturer wants to make is probably the reason. gok might have enough funds to produce all the units that the manufacturer is willing to make this time without a GB, and then it's less stressful to sell a finished product than to accept money for an unfinished product (especially given the machining difficulties that were mentioned).

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 20:56:58 »
Cool stuff!

Offline Verendus

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 12:40:58 »
Is there a possibility of having the left space be split? With my current alice, having the function key right there for my thumb makes one handed operation a lot easier.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 13:08:30 »
Hi gok - just my 2c - I'd love to see a 3/1/3 bottom row support. thanks as always and whatever you decide, i'd be in.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 14:32:56 »
Hi gok - just my 2c - I'd love to see a 3/1/3 bottom row support. thanks as always and whatever you decide, i'd be in.
I guess if I remove 2.75u space altogether it would allow me to offer 3u or 2u+1 on the left but I don't think there is enough room on the right because it's already really close to the fold line.

EDIT: I could change the right spacebar to 3u which splits to 1+2 as well and would appease those that use their right thumb for spacebar. The problem then becomes keyset support where there are currently no GMK sets that I know of which offer 3u spacebars.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 15:48:26 by gok101 »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 14:53:04 »
Do you believe this is something that you'll run more than once?

Also, if you raffle, maybe give an extra bump to people who bought the 7v. Loyalty luck. (kinda kidding.... but gib) ;)

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 15:10:19 »

Also, if you raffle, maybe give an extra bump to people who bought the 7v. Loyalty luck. (kinda kidding.... but gib) ;)
Hehe no, we all out here with the same chance

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 16:22:47 »

I'll definitely run this more than once due to the lower volume that can be run each time.
The question is whether I keep the options the same for each round or not.

On another note, the PCBs are finally in the queue for production so I should have a functional prototype by next month. In the mean-time, I will be working on designing an adjustable testing rig so I can quickly try out different layouts + tenting & angle options.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 16:28:36 »

I'll definitely run this more than once due to the lower volume that can be run each time.
The question is whether I keep the options the same for each round or not.

On another note, the PCBs are finally in the queue for production so I should have a functional prototype by next month. In the mean-time, I will be working on designing an adjustable testing rig so I can quickly try out different layouts + tenting & angle options.
Definetely would be interested in more colors for the case.

Offline Axariel

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 18:44:34 »
As long as black remains an option, I will keep trying until I am able to buy his board. I suppose it would look pretty hot in silver or space grey too tho.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 19:34:09 »
love it. would vote for alice spacebar layout over this new one jsut for ease of switching but looks dope

Offline leexy

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 21:11:57 »

this makes sense since most who didn't join 7v aren't likely to buy this (due to price)

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #248 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 21:56:30 »
And +1 luck if you are old enough to have watched the TV show live... haha ;)

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 23:48:33 »

Yes, this! Haha!