Author Topic: Keyboard Case Design Likes and Dislikes  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Frothy_Coffe_e

Keyboard Case Design Likes and Dislikes
« on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 23:07:55 »
Hi there, I have some questions that I am interested in having answers to and discussing.

1. What do you like in your keyboard case design? For example do you like it to be made from aluminum or some other material? Do you like dual-stage riser feet or it to just be designed at your preferred typing angle? Something I like is when the top part of the case is designed to protrude and cover the bottom, that way, if I want to change the color I only need to paint that top part of the case.

2. What is your preferred typing angle?

3. And lastly, what are some of the prettiest keyboard cases designed out there?  ;D

Offline Maledicted

Re: Keyboard Case Design Likes and Dislikes
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 March 2023, 00:40:03 »
I like roomy plastic cases for deep booming bass, especially with a retro design. With or without a retro design I think all cases should be mandated to have pen trays.

Thick bent steel cases can sound and look pretty good too. Anything industrial-looking (with some stylistic flair) looks great to me.

I don't care about feet or typing angle. I never use keyboard feet and don't notice typing angle on any of my various boards unless I happen to be standing up and the board isn't close to flat.

Some of the best-looking cases are the Leading Edge DC-2014 and the F107.

297137-0

297140-1
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2023, 00:41:59 by Maledicted »

Offline Frothy_Coffe_e

Re: Keyboard Case Design Likes and Dislikes
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 March 2023, 02:43:43 »
The retro/classic look! I agree, there is something pleasant about them. Maybe it's the nostalgia, but I'd happily love a few retro keyboards in my collection.

A pen tray is definitely useful, though it isn't a must for me. Doesn't make your preference for a pen tray any less valid, I imagine whatever it is you do, you always need a pen nearby in your workspace xD

I personally don't like my keyboards to be very loud, so I like my cases to help mute the sound a bit without making it sound weird.

I read recently that it is actually healthier and more ergonomic to have a flat keyboard or even a negative typing angle. Our wrists benefit more from it.

Thank you for sharing the pics!!! Those are indeed some very classy looking keyboards  ;D