Author Topic: Ajazz AK33 RGB review (Ajazz Blue)  (Read 6292 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Ajazz AK33 RGB review (Ajazz Blue)
« on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 07:33:45 »
The second instalment in this series of space saving keyboards, today we look at the Ajazz AK33 RGB. I didn't intend for this video to be anywhere near as long as it turned out, but I just couldn't stop xD . Hope you enjoy the video!

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline leech

• …always on the lookout for higher quality…
Re: Ajazz AK33 RGB review (Ajazz Blue)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 10:42:32 »
Interesting review video, thanks for the work!

I've got the Ajazz AK60 Full RGB, a stealthy black modern mkb also acquired from Gearbest . Gearbest is afaik the best single site for ordering any model of the A-JAZZ catalog . Sites like Banggood and Aliexpress carry Ajazz keebs too but most Ajazz (international) sales and youtube reviews come through Gearbest i think, that's my impression.

From what i can tell my AK60 uses the same key caps and key switches as your AK33 Full RGB, and also the PC software looks similar . If i had to choose, i'd say that the AK60 is the strongest entry (or flagship model?) in the Ajazz catalog ymmv. Not the very latest model but the manufacturer has been releasing special editions of it throughout the year, i.e. AK60 production units on which the upper aluminum plate had a different decorative look/color/anodizing/theme.

I'm planning on reviewing my AK60 unit in a separate discussion thread. In the meantime i've replaced the black letter keycaps with white PBT keycaps sourced from my other mod. It pays off having a spare keycap set around! :thumb:

Here a very informative video review by Tae:

« Last Edit: Sat, 11 November 2017, 10:49:11 by leech »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 10:56:14 »
Interesting review video, thanks for the work!

I've got the Ajazz AK60 Full RGB, a stealthy black modern mkb also acquired from Gearbest . Gearbest is afaik the best single site for ordering any model of the A-JAZZ catalog . Sites like Banggood and Aliexpress carry Ajazz keebs too but most Ajazz (international) sales and youtube reviews come through Gearbest i think, that's my impression.

From what i can tell my AK60 uses the same key caps and key switches as your AK33 Full RGB, and also the PC software looks similar . If i had to choose, i'd say that the AK60 is the strongest entry (or flagship model?) in the Ajazz catalog ymmv. Not the very latest model but the manufacturer has been releasing special editions of it throughout the year, i.e. AK60 production units on which the upper aluminum plate had a different decorative look/color/anodizing/theme.

I'm planning on reviewing my AK60 unit in a separate discussion thread. In the meantime i've replaced the black letter keycaps with white PBT keycaps sourced from my other mod. It pays off having a spare keycap set around! :thumb:

Here a very informative video review by Tae:

Yes, they later sent me one of those as well. I couldn't fit that one into this year anymore, though.

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 11:15:50 »
When you start getting into this price bracket one of the concerns I have is the type of chemicals they are using on those keycaps.  I'd be concerned about how toxic they are over time.

You are of course dealing with a country known for selling toxic pet and baby food just to save a buck.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:26:14 »
When you start getting into this price bracket one of the concerns I have is the type of chemicals they are using on those keycaps.  I'd be concerned about how toxic they are over time.

You are of course dealing with a country known for selling toxic pet and baby food just to save a buck.
I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that in this case :P .

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 14:53:12 »
Sounds a bit like my magicforce 68 with outemu (gaote) blues. The shrillness is almost palpable.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 21:26:20 »
Superb review as usual. I always like to see your opinions on modern boards.

I actually think the louder and shriller click of these clones hides some of the jacket rattling and is a bit of an improvement in that regard, then all you have to worry about is your eardrums bleeding.

Super glad that Ajazz isn't using a disgusting "gaymur" font. I hope this trend continues.  :thumb: