geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

The Compboard - A Custom, Composite, Mechanical Keyboard

<< < (2/5) > >>

Data:
This is amazing.  I wish I'd thought of it.

My only feedback is it might have helped to print the text that's on the "rear" of the caps (facing away from you) upside-down so that, when you tilt the board up toward you to read it or crane your neck over to see the backside you'll be reading the legends rightside-up. 

Just... wow, this is so great.

TheVengeance:

--- Quote from: Data on Fri, 17 June 2016, 06:32:45 ---This is amazing.  I wish I'd thought of it.

My only feedback is it might have helped to print the text that's on the "rear" of the caps (facing away from you) upside-down so that, when you tilt the board up toward you to read it or crane your neck over to see the backside you'll be reading the legends rightside-up. 

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I guess I should have explained more, the idea of the ones on the back is that when doing a bit of dev, you use this as an additional keyboard and so forms a kind of secondary shortcut board. The idea is you have it displayed backside forward for that use. (turned 180 degrees).

Same applies to sides, turned 90 degrees as a secondary keyboard.

Thanks though :)

also to everyone else, really appreciate the positive comments :)

TheVengeance:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Fri, 17 June 2016, 06:02:32 ---As if the work on the caps wasn't awesome enough you had to go and paint it orange :eek:

Keyboard of the month nomination for June isn't up yet but you've got my vote!

--- End quote ---

Oh man, that's so kind!

In my world, everything has to be orange! Honestly though, since I started adding orange to my life, my life has been very good, lots of luck and so I just continue to surround myself with it. lol

Data:

--- Quote from: TheVengeance on Fri, 17 June 2016, 06:47:54 ---
--- Quote from: Data on Fri, 17 June 2016, 06:32:45 ---This is amazing.  I wish I'd thought of it.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I guess I should have explained more, the idea of the ones on the back is that when doing a bit of dev, you use this as an additional keyboard and so forms a kind of secondary shortcut board. The idea is you have it displayed backside forward for that use. (turned 180 degrees).

Same applies to sides, turned 90 degrees as a secondary keyboard.

Thanks though :)

also to everyone else, really appreciate the positive comments :)

--- End quote ---

Mind = blown

xtrafrood:
I have gained new respect for relegendable keycaps :eek:

This project reminds me of UV Mapping. ^-^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version