Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4183889 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27950 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 19:14:16 »
Clothing companies that put button flys on their jeans in 2020 deserve a special place in hell

Button flys are an abomination.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27951 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 19:20:08 »
Clothing companies that put button flys on their jeans in 2020 deserve a special place in hell

Some Lucky brand jeans has them.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27952 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 02:09:59 »
Bought some bike bits to fit but they don't work together and I can't get replacements locally so have to revert everything today instead of going on a nice test ride.  Replacement bits probably wont even be here for next weekend as it's a short week.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline jamster

« Reply #27953 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 04:15:47 »
Bought some bike bits to fit but they don't work together and I can't get replacements locally so have to revert everything today instead of going on a nice test ride.  Replacement bits probably wont even be here for next weekend as it's a short week.

Bicycle standards are a bloody nightmare. I can't remember how many seat tube diameters there are, there are at least 3 headset sizes, 3 handlebar diameter sizes. Once tried to find replacement tyres for and old touring bike, and discovered some wheel size that I'd never heard of.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27954 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 05:10:01 »
Bicycle standards are a bloody nightmare. I can't remember how many seat tube diameters there are, there are at least 3 headset sizes, 3 handlebar diameter sizes. Once tried to find replacement tyres for and old touring bike, and discovered some wheel size that I'd never heard of.
Nice, was that a 27" or 28" that's actually bigger than the common 700c/29er?  650A?  Non-standard 26"??  There are definitely too many wheel sizes and seatposts aren't any better!

In my case I decided I'd may as well use the biggest brake rotor the fork can take so bought one along with a matching rear when I built a new rear wheel back along, bought some better calipers too and again, only used the back one until now.  Seeing this long weekend coming I thought it a good time to fit everything so looked for a dynamo hub and settled on the newest Shimano one, it's centre lock, the rotor is 6 bolt.  Got a Shimano adaptor with it which didn't fit in the rotor without filing so did that.  On further research DT Swiss make two 6 bolt to centre lock adaptors, one for 160mm max and one for bigger so hopefully there's a 1mm difference in the alignment as I'm now waiting on one.  If that doesn't work I'll be looking for matching 160mm 6 bolt and 180mm centrelock rotors, or maybe it would be cheaper to get a 6 bolt dynamo?  Though that's another wheel rebuild and no way would I get lucky with spokes again (yes I know you're not supposed to reuse them but I did anyway - same rim, same cross pattern and same position so should be fine, they weren't used for that long...)

Best get out and do the reversion.  At least the proper brake levers (which I also had to file at the clamp thanks to weird handlebars) can stay on which is nice - I've been abusing interrupter levers as my only levers all year :blank:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27955 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 16:24:50 »
also I'm on day 4 of trying to just set up an in-person doctor's visit. This shouldn't take 4 days of attempting to try and see a doctor, this is absolutely unacceptable and yet there's nothing at all I can do about it except keep calling and waiting on hold to try and convince someone who obviously doesn't care that a I need a doctor to actually SEE WITH EYES the issue. A phone appointment is a waste of everyone's time, and meanwhile I'm running a fever from the infection but that's still not good enough to actually see a doctor.

and once again, for the 4th time, they did not follow through with the appointment. That is an entire month of trying to see a doc and having every appointment set being canceled or ignored.

I've filed a complaint with the Department Of Health, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Should I contact a lawyer at this point?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27956 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 16:34:51 »

they did not follow through with the appointment.

Where do you live? Are you near a large city? Do you have coverage with a major company?

I have had many experiences of being told "the earliest available appointment is 6 weeks out" when asking for routine appointments such as annual physical checkups, but I have never had a doctor bail out on a valid appointment.

When asking for an appointment for acute or somehow "pressing" care, I have never had to wait more than a few days.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline yui

« Reply #27957 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 01:21:48 »
but I have never had a doctor bail out on a valid appointment.
well i had that happen for emergencies, but they called me and gave me a new appointment close to the original, same day actually. so it is possible that yeah you were very unlucky, but it was unprofessional for them to not tell you and give you an other option right away.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline jamster

« Reply #27958 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 02:27:35 »
Nice, was that a 27" or 28" that's actually bigger than the common 700c/29er?  650A?  Non-standard 26"??  There are definitely too many wheel sizes and seatposts aren't any better!

In my case I decided I'd may as well use the biggest brake rotor the fork can take so bought one along with a matching rear when I built a new rear wheel back along, bought some better calipers too and again, only used the back one until now.  Seeing this long weekend coming I thought it a good time to fit everything so looked for a dynamo hub and settled on the newest Shimano one, it's centre lock, the rotor is 6 bolt.  Got a Shimano adaptor with it which didn't fit in the rotor without filing so did that.  On further research DT Swiss make two 6 bolt to centre lock adaptors, one for 160mm max and one for bigger so hopefully there's a 1mm difference in the alignment as I'm now waiting on one.  If that doesn't work I'll be looking for matching 160mm 6 bolt and 180mm centrelock rotors, or maybe it would be cheaper to get a 6 bolt dynamo?  Though that's another wheel rebuild and no way would I get lucky with spokes again (yes I know you're not supposed to reuse them but I did anyway - same rim, same cross pattern and same position so should be fine, they weren't used for that long...)

Best get out and do the reversion.  At least the proper brake levers (which I also had to file at the clamp thanks to weird handlebars) can stay on which is nice - I've been abusing interrupter levers as my only levers all year :blank:

This was years ago now... off vague memory it was 650? It was a for a 1980s Trek touring frame that someone had not used for a decade or more.

Yeah, seems like some of the the most fiddly bits towards the wheel- hub sizes, bloody adaptors for disc brakes, and some of the rotor sizes seem to be off by just a handful of mm as well.

I'm impressed you're doing wheelbuilds. Very few people still do that. I've tried it without anything blowing up, but to do it well certainly takes a bit of skill and patience.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27959 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 22:18:27 »
Season 2 episode 1 of TB was great but i have to go to bed ):

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27960 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 11:06:47 »
Yeah, seems like some of the the most fiddly bits towards the wheel- hub sizes, bloody adaptors for disc brakes, and some of the rotor sizes seem to be off by just a handful of mm as well.

I'm impressed you're doing wheelbuilds. Very few people still do that. I've tried it without anything blowing up, but to do it well certainly takes a bit of skill and patience.
4 days complete with new wheel which is great, not even had to tweak it which is not bad for only my fourth build where the third was done the same day and has not been ridden.  The first one was fun as I didn't test it at all before heading to work at 4:30 AM - I finger tightened most of the nipples a couple of times and got there (about 17 miles) but it was like riding while very drunk.  Not recommended...  Wheelbuilding itself is quite fun but probably not for everyone.  Nowhere's going to sell what I've built as retro MTB rims with a stupidly heavy IGH and a road dynamo makes little sense on paper but that's what I want so that's what I've got.

Brake levers - not so good.  Turns out although sold as canti/short pull the official specs say they're suitable for v-brakes too.  I don't have a problem with the pull but apparently it's too much for the HY/RD hybrid calipers which self adjusted too tight resulting in a constant squeak.  Just as well the front didn't fit!  No problem, back to original calipers.  Except the 'new' rotor on the back hits the caliper on two of the six mounting points (where the two piece join) so more filing, and it still rubs at the end of the day (but not in the morning :confused:)  There's a hole in my finger from filing but I'll need to do more while I wait on more calipers!

Also it's clear from the pics the calipers will not fit on the included adaptors, hopefully the seller is helpful otherwise it's wait, measure, then wait some more for an adaptor.

Still waiting on the second 6 bolt to centrelock adaptor too...

Edit:  Seems I'm trying to do something stupid and while there is an adaptor it doesn't fit all frames/forks.  And I've only found it in Canada so wait++ and likely import fees!
Edit: 2  Adaptor won't fit my bike even if it was in stock (it isn't) - caliperrs cancelled.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2020, 17:54:58 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27961 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 17:08:27 »
Bethesda updated all DOOM releases to run the Bethesda Launcher ver. instead of the original .wad files

WHY? I genuinely do not in any way understand this move at all. It takes up more space, gets rid of the music, and ****s up sourceports. Sourceports that 100% of the people who still play DOOM and DOOM II in 2020 use to play because literally no one plays vanilla DOOM.

It costs them MORE money, MORE man hours, and ruins the game for the only people who still play it.

Why the ****?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27962 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 20:23:51 »
Bethesda updated all DOOM releases to run the Bethesda Launcher ver. instead of the original .wad files

WHY? I genuinely do not in any way understand this move at all. It takes up more space, gets rid of the music, and ****s up sourceports. Sourceports that 100% of the people who still play DOOM and DOOM II in 2020 use to play because literally no one plays vanilla DOOM.

It costs them MORE money, MORE man hours, and ruins the game for the only people who still play it.

Why the ****?

They is gonna sue Steam next ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27963 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 00:18:04 »
Import expensive mudguards, spend hours cutting and fililng them so they fit on my bike, tolerate the weight in the name of strength and the reward?  Got up this morning to find the back one has snapped and is rubbing on the tyre.  Had to remove the back wheel (a faff due to IGH) and probably lost anything like top speed as no time to set it properly.  Now wasted more money on a train...

When I get to work I have to smile as potential customers are visiting while I'm getting further behind without the knowledge to bodge what is right on paper but doesn't work in reality.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27964 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 23:17:55 »
The thick acrid smoke from wild fires is leaking through my poorly insulated apartment windows, stinging my eyes and choking me in my own private supposedly safest place. I'm sweating from the heat and lack of airflow, the scent of ash is sticking to my clammy skin, and a regiment of antibiotics are making me dizzy nauseous and irritable.

This is really truly the worst year ever.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27965 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 13:38:38 »
My neighbor's leaf blower. He uses it what seems like every day for what seems like hours. It makes an incredibly annoying sound. What is the purpose of such a device? By my own experience, it is usually just as easy and fast to use a rake or broom to do the same job.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27966 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 13:41:05 »
The thick acrid smoke from wild fires is leaking through my poorly insulated apartment windows, stinging my eyes and choking me in my own private supposedly safest place. I'm sweating from the heat and lack of airflow, the scent of ash is sticking to my clammy skin, and a regiment of antibiotics are making me dizzy nauseous and irritable.

But isn't it worth it knowing that baby's gender? Are the wildfires supposed to burn blue if it's a boy and orange if it's a girl?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27967 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 14:11:01 »
My neighbor's leaf blower. He uses it what seems like every day for what seems like hours. It makes an incredibly annoying sound. What is the purpose of such a device? By my own experience, it is usually just as easy and fast to use a rake or broom to do the same job.
Here here. The gardeners outside my house today: same thing. Those leaf blowers run on gasoline, and must be ridiculously heavy to carry around on their backs. Using a rake can't possibly be more strenuous, right!?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27968 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 15:48:35 »
Bike chain was skipping, it was stretched so assumed that was the problem.  On Sunday I fitted new chain and re-fitted the tensioner as it seemed a bit loose, couldn't improve tightness and the skipping continued.  Bought a bigger jockey wheel for the tensioner to make it tighter, fitted that on Tuesday and it's slightly better but still skipped  Bought a proper singlespeed chain and a new tensioner, just fitted them and all looks perfect but the skipping is still happening.  The chainring and sprocket both look as new so it's not them, that just leaves the freehub and I have no time to take it apart tonight and can't find a replacement anyway.

So having all but 'finished' my bike it seems I'm back to square one but my wallet is around $100 lighter than it could be, and that's not including train tickets as I can't ride to work.  Will have to spend most of my free time this weekend converting it back to standard gears and that will mean a third new chain in a week.  Oh and the singlespeed chain had a really tight 'removable' link so should probably buy some plier-things to get it off in one piece.

Or I could buy a new IGH in the next 15 minutes with next to no research then spend-spend-spend to actually make it work.  Going to bed now so this option doesn't become attractive :mad:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27969 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 16:08:39 »
Expensive monitors really should come with glass screens. I lightly tapped my screen with my glasses and now there's a giant pit in it. A gnat could fart in it's general direction and leave a 3in scratch.

Let's make the most exposed and important surface the LEAST protected part! Brilliant!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #27970 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 16:16:08 »

But isn't it worth it knowing that baby's gender? Are the wildfires supposed to burn blue if it's a boy and orange if it's a girl?

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27971 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 01:37:45 »
Why isn't peach a more popular sandwich and burger topping? Grill it up and it's basically a sweet tomato, people put pineapple slices on burgers, why not peach? When will peach get it's due!

Offline iri

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #27974 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 08:08:22 »
I'm going to try that as it sounds like it would be good.  I mean my favorite burger from the Vortex here in Atlanta is the Elvis burger (Caramelized Bananas, Peanut butter, and Hickory smoked bacon on a burger - don't knock till you try it).

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27975 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 10:31:51 »
I'm going to try that as it sounds like it would be good.  I mean my favorite burger from the Vortex here in Atlanta is the Elvis burger (Caramelized Bananas, Peanut butter, and Hickory smoked bacon on a burger - don't knock till you try it).

My ideal burger is onion sticks, caramalized onion, onion, maple bacon, white cheddar, bacon on a yummy sesame seed bun. Don't forget the honey mustard and garlic aoli.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27976 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 10:42:07 »

Ya haz to try Beyond Meat burger patties,  They're supr Delicious.

Ticker BYND..

Deal talk done w/ walmart,
Mcdonalds talks underway. !!

St0nks are risky, but burger patties are not, they're just tasty.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #27977 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 11:30:09 »
Beyond's are tasty for what they are, also Black bean burgers when done right are tasty as well.  Just depends on what I'm craving.

White cheddar on a burger is always win, also recommend using Gouda crumbles and diced red onions mixed w/ the ground meat with a dash of salt, pepper, and some onion powder (can substitute w/ Garlic Salt and nix the regular salt), topped w/ grilled green tomato - so far my family's favorite burger I put together at the house.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27978 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 15:25:25 »

so I was thinking grilled peach+bleu cheese+bbq+arugula burger sounds like it would be good

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #27979 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 15:43:43 »
That sounds like it would work very well.  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27980 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 18:08:44 »
Beyond's are tasty for what they are, also Black bean burgers when done right are tasty as well.  Just depends on what I'm craving.

White cheddar on a burger is always win, also recommend using Gouda crumbles and diced red onions mixed w/ the ground meat with a dash of salt, pepper, and some onion powder (can substitute w/ Garlic Salt and nix the regular salt), topped w/ grilled green tomato - so far my family's favorite burger I put together at the house.

Buh.. Cholesterollll....

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27981 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 18:15:34 »

Buh.. Cholesterollll....

buh HDL is good cholesterol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27982 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 18:59:51 »

Buh.. Cholesterollll....

buh HDL is good cholesterol

No, it's not.   when HDL is involved, they mean HDL to LDL ratio.    However,  if you have really high LDL,  you don't want to raise HDL to better your ratio,  you want to REDUCE LDL.

This is responsible for the surge in sham products/marketing on consumables which purportedly INCREASES your HDL. This is not something you want to do .

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27983 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 19:33:11 »
Isn't there a food thread somewhere?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #27984 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 10:57:39 »
TO veer back on topic, I can say my chair at my desk is starting to annoy me as it likes to lower itself at random and I have to re-adjust it multiple times a day.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27985 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 03:50:38 »
I seem to be spending more time in the toilet, I'm tired and work is starting to seem random and confusing again after I thought I'd mastered the basics.  Also feel a bit achy which could be due to doing some exercise (which has definitely killed my wrist) and my head feels dehydrated as drink in = pee out shortly after.  TDD round 2?  Current working hours prevent seeing a doctor, if that's even allowed with a virus about.

Alongside this I'm once again in the mood to cut all social connections and sell off hobby related stuff so I can start fresh and try to find something or someone(s) I actually connect with rather than existing my way to death.  Of course this is hampered, as always, by a lack of idea who, where or what I want and the obligations I've already picked up.

Edit: Went shopping, on returning to the car found it blocking the road - apparently I didn't put the handbrake on.  Just like last time I was retarded for months somehow no harm done as it just rolled into a curb not another car but I now have to assume I'm incapable of doing anything :'(
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 October 2020, 08:00:13 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27986 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 08:01:35 »
I seem to be spending more time in the toilet, I'm tired and work is starting to seem random and confusing again after I thought I'd mastered the basics.  Also feel a bit achy which could be due to doing some exercise (which has definitely killed my wrist) and my head feels dehydrated as drink in = pee out shortly after.  TDD round 2?  Current working hours prevent seeing a doctor, if that's even allowed with a virus about.

Alongside this I'm once again in the mood to cut all social connections and sell off hobby related stuff so I can start fresh and try to find something or someone(s) I actually connect with rather than existing my way to death.  Of course this is hampered, as always, by a lack of idea who, where or what I want and the obligations I've already picked up.

Edit: Went shopping, on returning to the car found it blocking the road - apparently I didn't put the handbrake on.  Just like last time I was retarded for months somehow no harm done as it just rolled into a curb not another car but I now have to assume I'm incapable of doing anything :')

Try tracking dat % calories from fats.   If it's higher than 20%, and has been like that for years,  At this point in life,  we'd be pre-diabetic. (somewhat match symptoms).

Remembz y'all  FATS cause diabetus.. as it builds up in cells (primarily muscle), inhibiting the function of your body's insulin.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27987 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:01:10 »
According to YouTube guidelines the word ***** is now considered hate speech. Meanwhile ****, ****, and ******* are all OK.
What is happening in this world?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27988 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:49:39 »
According to YouTube guidelines the word ***** is now considered hate speech. Meanwhile ****, ****, and ******* are all OK.

Just don't use any of those words.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27989 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 00:31:47 »

Just don't use any of those words.

How can you live your life like that?

Offline iri

« Reply #27990 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 06:20:04 »
According to YouTube guidelines the word ***** is now considered hate speech
Of course it is, it disrespects women.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27991 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 06:38:57 »

and yet I've almost exclusively used the term referring to a man

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27992 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 08:01:31 »

and yet I've almost exclusively used the term referring to a man

That's even worse - using 'female' to insult a male is blatant sexism!

In the real world I agree with you, censorship is stupid and assuming everyone is hypersensitive more so.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27993 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 09:12:34 »

Meanwhile ****, ****, and ******* are all OK.

These are nouns that are most often used to name physical objects.

"*****" (unless used for a female dog) is always a pejorative term.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #27994 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 09:37:08 »
I guess alot of music on their platform is now filled w/ hate speech.

Offline iri

« Reply #27995 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 10:16:47 »
Rap music is a special case.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27996 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 15:49:03 »
My phone thinks I'm pressing right in the corner of the screen, when touching anywhere in a paint program this results in a straight line instantly being drawn from the corner to where it was touched (this is how I worked out what's wrong with it)  Can I type on it?  No.  Can I click anything?  Sometimes.  Can I scroll?  Sometimes.  Does it cause apps to crash?  Yes.

I feel crap, I'm stupid which could easily result in me getting fired and the weather's crap so I'm wasting money on trains, and now I have to waste money on a stupidly big phone/tracking device?   :mad:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27997 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 17:11:01 »

now I have to waste money

The Pixel 3 is valid and serviceable phone - even my 2 college-age kids also have them and consider them viable (and, of course, they are demanding users!).

The Pixel 3 is available well under $100 in good used condition and in the mid-$100 range for new ones.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27998 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 17:15:53 »
I wouldn't ever get another Pixel after what happened with my last one. The battery just stopped holding a charge completely after they updated the OS. I am 99% sure the update caused my battery to brick, because a substantial amount of people said they had the same issue with the same model after that update. Death timer OS updates to force people to upgrade are never OK.

Offline Alga

« Reply #27999 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 09:29:02 »
I really can't stand that everyone now a days is offended by everything. You simply can't make jokes about anything because someone will be ofended, and aparently they can't stand being ofended.

And I also deeply hate people who won't stop at te entrance of the roundabout. Instead they slowly inch forward until they have half the car inside and you just have to stop in the middle because the muppet won't understand the meaning of the line in the floor!