Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4190467 times)

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28500 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:45:24 »
I tried to join a GB today. The shipping pricing was insane. I know that being out of Con-US weighs in, but it is hard to pay over $30 dollars for the shipping for some alphas that cost $20.

No closer vendor? Maybe you could pool orders with some people close by.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28501 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 22:18:38 »
I tried to join a GB today. The shipping pricing was insane. I know that being out of Con-US weighs in, but it is hard to pay over $30 dollars for the shipping for some alphas that cost $20.

The US has massive access to a great market for practically anything, but I'd still take living somewhere relatively sane with a functioning healthcare system over cheap shopping.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28502 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 07:57:18 »
Stomach pains all night, got maybe 2 hours of sleep and then woke up because of it, rinse repeat until morning.
I.am.tired.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28503 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 08:04:11 »
Stomach pains all night, got maybe 2 hours of sleep and then woke up because of it, rinse repeat until morning.
I.am.tired.

If you watch the slaughter house videos, they're massively unsanitary. And if you read the message boards about freight shipping, it's full of details of food left on hot loading docks for days.

This whole process is completed by the most hidden away, most under-paid, least educated workforce. The economics ensures toxic food.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #28504 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 09:11:34 »

The US has massive access to a great market for practically anything, but I'd still take living somewhere relatively sane with a functioning healthcare system over cheap shopping.

I agree. I can live without MK´s niceties, but the overall lower cost of living out-weights it. However, vendors can do something about the shipping cost, now that some group-buys are a thousand plus orders.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #28505 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 09:13:07 »

No closer vendor? Maybe you could pool orders with some people close by.

Might try something like that; but, actually, the over-priced shipping makes me understand that I already have more sets than what I really need for my entire life.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28506 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 10:28:05 »
I agree. I can live without MK´s niceties, but the overall lower cost of living out-weights it. However, vendors can do something about the shipping cost, now that some group-buys are a thousand plus orders.

Out here, there are companies that exist specifically to cheaply reship products from the US, EU, Australia, etc. Not sure if the same kind of concept exists to reship stuff into Europe (I can imagine that complex duties might dissuade this being set up).

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28507 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 15:09:58 »
My 2nd monitor is making a very loud hissing sound and all the blacks are purple. Not sure what the problem is, but something's wrong for sure.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28508 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 16:26:06 »
My 2nd monitor is making a very loud hissing sound and all the blacks are purple. Not sure what the problem is, but something's wrong for sure.

Time to upgrad 2 TCL roku TV.

Offline KermittDaFrog

• Hello there !
« Reply #28509 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 17:07:37 »
I'm bothered by the fact that you need to work, for not starving  :confused:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #28510 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 17:50:55 »

Get a Roku, forget the PC and focus on watching everything at your favorite streaming service.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #28511 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 21:37:16 »

Time to get a fire stick with kodi/roku

Offline yui

« Reply #28512 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 01:33:06 »
hissing to me means power supply, i would not be surprised to see a bulged capacitor of broken inductor core, the 1st one is rather common in flat screen, they heat a bit too much and die, and it is a very easy repair, especially if you have a dead ATX supply on hand, as most filter caps are compatible between the two, if you are willing to dig, that could mean one less screen in the dumpster, and a bit more money in your wallet :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28513 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 03:29:41 »
Lost interest in everything and work sucks alternate weeks.  Usual solution is to sleep more but that's not working so increasingly tired and not sharp mentally.  I'm probably just ill, hopefully it's not TDD round two.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #28514 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 03:49:02 »
Lost interest in everything and work sucks alternate weeks.  Usual solution is to sleep more but that's not working so increasingly tired and not sharp mentally.  I'm probably just ill, hopefully it's not TDD round two.

What's TDD?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28515 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 09:50:56 »
I hate how finicky, noncommittal, and skittish potential buyers of anything online are (*cough* redditors [and eBayers]). I just want to sell some keyboard stuff and other excess stuff I have lying around without taking a huge loss. People are interested and then stop replying, want just one little part of the item, don't want part of it, or just want to give low ball offers. If it takes more than two messages to reach a deal, the person loses interest.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28516 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 10:05:02 »
I hate how finicky, noncommittal, and skittish potential buyers of anything online are (*cough* redditors [and eBayers]). I just want to sell some keyboard stuff and other excess stuff I have lying around without taking a huge loss. People are interested and then stop replying, want just one little part of the item, don't want part of it, or just want to give low ball offers. If it takes more than two messages to reach a deal, the person loses interest.

Well, sure people are fickle but it's more the case that keyboards are a very illiquid asset.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28517 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 10:16:49 »
Can't log in to PayPal because my phone number is wrong (The '+' that was in front of the country code is now a single 0 apparently), and I can't change it because I would need to log in to do it: Catch 22!
They have had nobody in Sweden to staff their phones ... Once I was able to get someone to talk to... but that person was in Ireland for some reason, and did not have authority to change an account for a residence of Sweden.
It has been this way for months now. It has gone for too long: I don't even want it "fixed" any more: I want my account closed. F**k you PayPal!
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 April 2021, 10:33:38 by Findecanor »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28518 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 10:36:28 »

I hate how finicky, noncommittal, and skittish potential buyers of anything online are

It is so frustrating that I have nearly stopped selling, even though I have a lot of stuff (mostly not keyboards) to sell. No matter how precise the description and photos are, some people seem to assume that they are entitled to pristine and perfect items every time, even when they are obviously used. I even got "neutral" feedback on ebay because a buyer said it was "a little dirty" (it wasn't, I had washed it with soap and water) because it was black rubber I suppose.

Personally, if I see an item that would be $100 if perfect but it is damaged or incomplete and the seller describes it accurately and lists it at $40, that seems entirely reasonable to me and I would make my decision based on my expectations for repair. I have had people complain about less-than-perfect items even if their problems that were properly disclosed and described, and priced accordingly.

And it is also as if they can't distinguish between a private individual and a mega-store with a "no questions asked" full refund policy. And, last, I have had people ask to "return" an item who were obviously expecting a full refund as well as "just keep the item" because when I got it back it was already damaged or altered.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28519 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 11:14:31 »

I hate how finicky, noncommittal, and skittish potential buyers of anything online are

It is so frustrating that I have nearly stopped selling, even though I have a lot of stuff (mostly not keyboards) to sell. No matter how precise the description and photos are, some people seem to assume that they are entitled to pristine and perfect items every time, even when they are obviously used. I even got "neutral" feedback on ebay because a buyer said it was "a little dirty" (it wasn't, I had washed it with soap and water) because it was black rubber I suppose.

Personally, if I see an item that would be $100 if perfect but it is damaged or incomplete and the seller describes it accurately and lists it at $40, that seems entirely reasonable to me and I would make my decision based on my expectations for repair. I have had people complain about less-than-perfect items even if their problems that were properly disclosed and described, and priced accordingly.

And it is also as if they can't distinguish between a private individual and a mega-store with a "no questions asked" full refund policy. And, last, I have had people ask to "return" an item who were obviously expecting a full refund as well as "just keep the item" because when I got it back it was already damaged or altered.

I agree. The expectations some people have even with good faith disclosures are not always reasonable. I stopped using eBay after only a few sales because of 1) the fees 2) the amount of time it takes for the auction to take place 3) the amount of time it takes to resolve non-payment in order to relist the item. A single item can be hung up for a month, at which point, I'd rather just donate it or throw it away for the amount of time wasted. At least on Reddit, I can just sell to the first person who actually pays.

I suppose this is a consequence of our "disposable" consumerism. Nothing holds value when anyone can get anything new instantly for a cheap price. Used items are only enticing if they are so cheap they are basically free, very rare, or proximal to the buyer (i.e. buyer and seller are already face-to-face). Online marketplace fees and shipping prices combined with this makes it a losing proposition.

Well, sure people are fickle but it's more the case that keyboards are a very illiquid asset.

I'm learning that. I thought limited group buy items would hold some value, but, apparently, if it's not the new hotness, few people care. And now if it's not hot swappable, no one wants it.

Basically, I should stop buying niche things new if I'm not absolutely sure I'll want them forever.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28520 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 11:15:17 »

Selling secondhand is just agonising sometimes. It seems to bring out the most unreliable piss-taking idiots possible.

I was giving away free gym weights, and some muppet wanted me to carry them to the nearest train station.

These days, if someone appears to be a time waster, I am pretty upfront about not wanting to talk to them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 April 2021, 11:17:35 by jamster »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28521 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 12:31:53 »

I stopped using eBay after only a few sales because of 1) the fees 2) the amount of time it takes for the auction to take place

I will dispute these criticisms. Ebay is truly the marketplace of the world, and it exposes your merchandise to the widest possible audience. I once sold a keyboard to a buyer in Tasmania, literally the farthest place on the planet from where I lived. For the fact that near-infinite exposure leads to the potential for the highest possible price to be paid, the fees paid to ebay and (and its symbiant) Paypal are high but not rapacious.

Time-wise, you can have longer or shorter auctions, with the longest ones offering the potential of the highest selling price. But personally, I almost always use "Buy-It-Now" unless I really can't figure out what the "going rate" or a reasonable price should be. There is also an "immediate payment required" setting for that.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline yui

« Reply #28522 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 02:09:46 »
Used items are only enticing if they are so cheap they are basically free, very rare, or proximal to the buyer (i.e. buyer and seller are already face-to-face). Online marketplace fees and shipping prices combined with this makes it a losing proposition.
to be honest i do buy a lot of used stuff in big part because i like repairing stuff, so used has no warranty to deal with, and keeps stuff out of the landfill. but quite often more than shipping and fees items on ebay tend to be up to 3 times the price they are on our local Craigslist equivalent here, so even though shipping is often more expecive going through that than ebay, the shipping does not makes the difference.
although old network stuff is cheaper on ebay

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28523 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 03:14:12 »

Selling secondhand is just agonising sometimes. It seems to bring out the most unreliable piss-taking idiots possible.

I was giving away free gym weights, and some muppet wanted me to carry them to the nearest train station.

These days, if someone appears to be a time waster, I am pretty upfront about not wanting to talk to them.

I once tried to sell a pair of headphones. Guy told me he could only meet before work at 6:30am on a Saturday at Starbucks. I show up and the ****er starts to try and get me in on some pyramid scheme selling religious material. He never wanted the headphones at all.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28524 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 04:10:12 »

What's TDD?
Tired Dumbass Disease (doctors never gave a satisfactory diagnosis so I named it myself - see rants summer to Christmas 2019)  Having cycled to work without doing up my bag yesterday (again - did this last time and lost my lunch so I'm extra paranoid about it) then used wrong words confusing my colleagues and generally doing my job badly I fear it is.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28525 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 06:11:30 »
Do all HR like to make peoples suffer? ours just seems to, they withdraw as much information as possible, convocate peoples for no apparent reasons, overall not answer questions, and give differing information to peoples, ending up often in trouble... the thing is we have 5 HR peoples and all act the same way so i wonder if it is inherent to the profession or if it is just bad luck.

Offline foxieze

• i like code.
« Reply #28526 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 06:25:22 »
People in my class - they're not here to learn, they're here to **** everything up and ruin everyone else's day.

Offline yui

« Reply #28527 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 07:38:50 »
People in my class - they're not here to learn, they're here to **** everything up and ruin everyone else's day.
i knew plenty of student who were only in class because their parents wanted them to study, they did not want to be there and did not care in the slightest about anything, so if most of your class are those, then yeah i feel for you, although later down those will fail and those parents will get sick of paying the same year 3 times in a row so you will have far less uninterested students and it should get better.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28528 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 08:01:10 »

they're not here to learn, they're here to **** everything up and ruin everyone else

The Republican Party in the US has been doing this for 4 decades.

Offline saltimate

« Reply #28529 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 09:34:51 »
that drop has exclusivity on everything(?) they sell
shipping stuff from china to usa just to ship it back
@drop **** you and your bs shipping rates to australia
rip people in eu, mt3 is a nice profile but im guessing shipping kills it even more for you. anybody pay more than 50usd? thats what they want to send it to australia...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28530 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 09:42:12 »
i knew plenty of student who were only in class because their parents wanted them to study, they did not want to be there and did not care in the slightest about anything, so if most of your class are those, then yeah i feel for you, although later down those will fail and those parents will get sick of paying the same year 3 times in a row so you will have far less uninterested students and it should get better.

You guys are describing the majority of humanity, it's not isolated to any class.

Offline iri

« Reply #28531 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 12:45:24 »
those parents will get sick of paying the same year 3 times in a row
Wait, France has paid education?!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yui

« Reply #28532 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 01:06:11 »
those parents will get sick of paying the same year 3 times in a row
Wait, France has paid education?!
France have both, public and private, and it is only free until a point when you fail 3 times in a row you are out, or at least when i was at school it was like that, may have changed.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28533 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 01:36:54 »
It's really bugging me to witness the slow uptake of Covid vaccines because of magical thinking/distrust of science/social media rumours beating any inkling of common sense.

People are moaning about wanting things to 'get back to normal' or wishing that kids could go to school full time and yet when asked if they have scheduled their vaccine shots the words that come out of their mouths are literally 'wait and see.'

I simply can't make sense of it. I can kind of rationalise it, but that still boils down to people being irrational.

Offline yui

« Reply #28534 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 01:52:08 »
It's really bugging me to witness the slow uptake of Covid vaccines because of magical thinking/distrust of science/social media rumours beating any inkling of common sense.

People are moaning about wanting things to 'get back to normal' or wishing that kids could go to school full time and yet when asked if they have scheduled their vaccine shots the words that come out of their mouths are literally 'wait and see.'

I simply can't make sense of it. I can kind of rationalise it, but that still boils down to people being irrational.
well then you also have peoples like me who are waiting to have the right to get vaccinated... but still too young and not sick enough for that, so that kind of stupid thinking does not help with vaccinations either, so far have been waiting to get the go for about 3 months.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28535 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 02:12:07 »

well then you also have peoples like me who are waiting to have the right to get vaccinated... but still too young and not sick enough for that, so that kind of stupid thinking does not help with vaccinations either, so far have been waiting to get the go for about 3 months.

Yeah, that's another kettle of fish... but it looks like a lot of people in some places can, but wont :/

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28536 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 07:18:46 »

magical thinking/distrust of science/social media rumours beating any inkling of common sense.

that still boils down to people being irrational.

When I was coming up, half a century ago, there was an implicit understanding that the purpose of education was to combat irrationality.

How to do this? - Teach people how to think rather than teaching them what to think.

The insidious shift in the course and focus of the educational system was diabolical and carefully concealed, and over the past 4 decades it has been spectacularly successful in the US.

Why? and how? and by whom? was this tectonic shift designed and executed? That is a long and convoluted story.

Offline iri

« Reply #28537 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 16:37:36 »
So I got the first jab (Oxford) and my temperature now is 39.8. HR is 107 (normal is 47).

I wish I had a Biontec or a Sputnik. Same feeling of being run over by a paving machine, but higher overall efficiency.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28538 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 17:53:24 »
So I got the first jab (Oxford) and my temperature now is 39.8. HR is 107 (normal is 47).

I wish I had a Biontec or a Sputnik. Same feeling of being run over by a paving machine, but higher overall efficiency.

That is a mule kick for sure. Let's hope that you are much better in a day or 2.

I had Pfizer with almost no effect the 1st time and minimal trouble the next time - perhaps something like a mild-to-moderate hangover that lasted for about 2 days.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28539 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 17:57:59 »

That is a mule kick for sure. Let's hope that you are much better in a day or 2.

I had Pfizer with almost no effect the 1st time and minimal trouble the next time - perhaps something like a mild-to-moderate hangover that lasted for about 2 days.

/Gasp blood clot.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28540 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 21:30:42 »

Holy...

Offline iri

« Reply #28541 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 04:26:41 »
jelly

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #28542 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 11:29:23 »
One thing that bothers me more than anything else is when you respond on a thread, and you click on "Show new replies to your posts."
That's fine and dandy except for the threads you are no longer interested in.
Is there any possible way to "Ignore" threads that you no longer need or want to see?
Or is there something I am missing here?

Offline iri

« Reply #28543 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 12:05:24 »
One thing that bothers me more than anything else is when you respond on a thread, and you click on "Show new replies to your posts."
That's fine and dandy except for the threads you are no longer interested in.
Is there any possible way to "Ignore" threads that you no longer need or want to see?
Or is there something I am missing here?
You'll need to use 'Watched' instead.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28544 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 14:49:16 »
5 days after getting my 2nd Pfizer shot I am feeling really tired, almost like I've taken a small amount of cold medicine all day. Spaced out, fatigued, and just not altogether mentally there. I'm tripping over words when speaking, and I feel like I'm getting stupider by the day. IDK what the hell is going on, but being nearly a week after having the symptoms surface is a bit worrying. I was totally fine the first 3 days, then I began feeling weird.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28545 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 14:55:44 »
5 days after getting my 2nd Pfizer shot I am feeling really tired, almost like I've taken a small amount of cold medicine all day. Spaced out, fatigued, and just not altogether mentally there. I'm tripping over words when speaking, and I feel like I'm getting stupider by the day. IDK what the hell is going on, but being nearly a week after having the symptoms surface is a bit worrying. I was totally fine the first 3 days, then I began feeling weird.

This dat mr. Rabbit plot.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28547 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 10:01:39 »
https://www.merlintuttle.org/2018/01/08/wildlife-wind-farms-conflicts-solutions-book-review/

As of yet, wind farms can't be built just anywhere because the blades are single units, and are difficult to transport.

Multi sectional blades are under active research, but this is potentially a long road.

If we don't get the climate crisis under control within 10-15 years, it enters Run-Away, and could very well kill all life on earth.   The reset cycle on that is in Geological time, 100,000s to millions.

Consider habitats when possible,  but OVERALL, these farms going up takes priority.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #28548 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 13:58:51 »
https://www.merlintuttle.org/2018/01/08/wildlife-wind-farms-conflicts-solutions-book-review/

As of yet, wind farms can't be built just anywhere because the blades are single units, and are difficult to transport.

Multi sectional blades are under active research, but this is potentially a long road.

If we don't get the climate crisis under control within 10-15 years, it enters Run-Away, and could very well kill all life on earth.   The reset cycle on that is in Geological time, 100,000s to millions.

Consider habitats when possible,  but OVERALL, these farms going up takes priority.

In your opinion.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy