Author Topic: PBT White/Beige set ROUND 4 ★★★ISO included★★★★ 133keys Accept order now  (Read 431506 times)

Offline Jixr

So I still don't know what is what and this has like 5 days left to order? The last few pages has people talking about MOZ's mockups not being used and imsto will be using the Ivan fonts. But imsto responded in this thread to me a few weeks saying he WON'T be using Ivan's and will be using his Cherry font which is much closer to the original Cherry layout than Ivan's.

A group buy of this size shouldn't be this confusing 5 days before it ends. He should have refunded everyone awhile ago and started fresh. Even as of now there's only been 70 sets sold. I'm sure there'd be a lot more if we knew what was going on. I'm not comfortable ordering until I see exactly what is going to be printed.

yeah, i want to get in on this, but i'm not sure whats what. I guess if i do i'll just throw money at it and maybe in a year or so i'll get something back.

Offline Rarabka233

Do we know what mock-up of Aurebesh will be getting used yet?
I'd like to order a set for myself and maybe a second as a gift but I am still unsure as to what it will look like. 

Offline jaffers

Can we get some Australian legends for this group buy?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
still no idea what is even going on with this group buy and it ends in 4 days

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Is Aurebesh going to be offered at all?

Offline rampantandroid

I'm a little confused, is there no black legend English option available?  Also, I'm thinking of getting the German set as a gift for a friend, is this it?

http://imsto.cn/image/cache/data/round4/1-500x500.jpg
German ist just like the normal black print english layout with QWERTZ. I dont see an option for black english either, tough.

Yeah - wish there was actually a black option. Is it missing or is it intentionally not there?
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"

Offline lolpes

Ok so seems like Arabic finally got offered on the GB site! and also Portuguese added!

Offline Glenmael

Can we get some Australian legends for this group buy?

VB, Don Bradman, Goon, where does it end?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off

There's an aurebesh option on the website...
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

There's an aurebesh option on the website...

The pic, but not selectable. At least not when last I checked.
Unless it's called something else.

Edit:
Crap! Never mind! Must've been added overnight.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Hey MOZ, looks like imsto finally added Aurebesh. Do you know if this design will be like his original mock-up or will it incorporate some of your suggestions?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Hey MOZ, looks like imsto finally added Aurebesh. Do you know if this design will be like his original mock-up or will it incorporate some of your suggestions?

Sorry, I don't know. I've had no further communication regarding legend requirements from imsto on the Aurebesh set or any other set.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Sorry, I don't know. I've had no further communication regarding legend requirements from imsto on the Aurebesh set or any other set.

Okay, thanks. I'm going to order it and hope for the best.

Offline rampantandroid

I'm a little confused, is there no black legend English option available?  Also, I'm thinking of getting the German set as a gift for a friend, is this it?

http://imsto.cn/image/cache/data/round4/1-500x500.jpg

Looks like black was added. Am I correct in my assumption that it'll look like this?
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"

Offline VERGiL

Looks like black was added. Am I correct in my assumption that it'll look like this?
Show Image

Yes, that should be it.

Offline soilheart

I would be interested in a Swedish set, but as the only hint of how it could look is MOZ mockup (which is very close to what I'd want) and Imsto saying he's going to use the old legends I'm confused as I don't think he's done Swedish before.

I really hope this confusion clears up before April 15...
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline VERGiL

Just email him,  I got an reply within 24hours for both questions I had.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 April 2016, 17:30:45 by VERGiL »

Offline RinSama269

What is the difference between DESKO and Red DESKO? It seem that the red is $10 more expensive than the non red one. Any pictures?
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2016, 05:09:19 by RinSama269 »

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Just email him,  I got an reply within 24hours for both questions I had.

I emailed him like you said. Got nothing and it's been 2 days lol.  :rolleyes:
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline BiNiaRiS

Anyone know why blue print is an extra $3?
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Anyone know why blue print is an extra $3?

I'm also wondering the same, as well as why Red Desko is $10 extra.

Regardless, I've put in my order.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Maybe blue dye is more expensive Ż\_(°_o)_/Ż

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
so all these sets come with winkeyless mods, right?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Man, really wanted to order the Aurebesh set but it looks like I'm the only one so not sure it'll get made. Plus, I preferred MOZ's mockups and it doesn't look like the set will incorporate those.  :confused:
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 April 2016, 11:41:25 by romevi »

Offline lolpes

I tried changing my order to Arabic, but never got a reply from Imsto :(

Offline redskull

I tried changing my order to Arabic, but never got a reply from Imsto :(

best is to stick with the egyptian. i believe there will be extras available at his website. im backing off from ordering the arabic too, seeing that there is no mock up at all. the egyptian will look good, dont worry.

Offline Rarabka233

Man, really wanted to order the Aurebesh set but it looks like I'm the only one so not sure it'll get made. Plus, I preferred MOZ's mockups and it doesn't look like the set will incorporate those.  :confused:

I just ordered two sets; one for myself and a gift for a friend.  I imagine it will reach MOQ since there were also a decent amount of people in the beginning of the thread who were interested.

I prefer the some of the changes in MOZ's mockups too but the original set is also fine with me.

Offline Relaxbro

Anyone know the color of the Cherry Style Hangul set? Would prefer to know before I order  :p

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
Just ordered a set. Hopefully everything runs smoothly for this one.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Put in an order for Russian Cyrillic, Starcraft, and Red Print. Hope the group buy goes smoothly without any issues :x
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
So is there a MOQ for each set? Someone mentioned each set needs at least 10 orders to make it; is that true?

Offline KnivesM

Ordered Japanese and Irish, hopefully all goes well and MOQs(if there are) are met for the sets.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Anyone who emailed imsto got any response within 48 hours?
I really want to order but I need to know a rough time frame as I'll be moving out.
So just need to know which address to use it for.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline quantrix

Which option is the black printing with colored Win 95 logo?

Also, not to be rude, but what are some opinions on the quality of this PBT set versus the other two classic beige GBs with ABS double-digit from GMK? Which one has what kind if texture?

Offline derzemel

So we can get only what's on IMSTO's website, right?

I was very interested in the Tengwar set, but it's not on the site.

Offline AgentZen

Also, not to be rude, but what are some opinions on the quality of this PBT set versus the other two classic beige GBs with ABS double-digit from GMK? Which one has what kind if texture?

Gateron PBT (which I believe is being used in the GB) has a rougher texture than GMK in my experience. PBT does feel somewhat "special" in comparison to ABS. I like both very much, but If I had to choose one over the other, well I already have, and I prefer GMK over the EnjoyPBT set I've sold. And that is based solely on feel. Though they are both high quality and will certainly do their job for you.

edit: gentleman below me did a better job of explaining, I agree with him.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 05:52:44 by AgentZen »
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline t8c

Gateron PBT (which I believe is being used in the GB) has a rougher texture than GMK in my experience. PBT does feel somewhat "special" in comparison to ABS. If I had to choose one over the other, well I already have, and I prefer GMK over the EnjoyPBT set I've sold. And that is based solely on feel. They are both high quality and will certainly do their job for you.

My board has Gateron PBT RGB mods with white infilled legends and GMK alphas. GMK has a bit drier texture. Gateron is a bit more "humid" and smoother, and I enjoy the texture much more!

Gateron PBT is said to have a little rougher texture than BSP PBT (BSP also have smoother edges on the keys)

Gateron is then again said to have smoother texture than the PBT texture of Signature Plastics DSA keys. I have SP pbt, and I agree with these characterisations.

Offline Janzzze

put in a order for a swedish and a cherry style hangul set.

will be interesting to see what cherry style hangul will look like in the end when it ships :))

Offline dorf

• divine creator

will be interesting to see what cherry style hangul will look like in the end when it ships :))

Will be interesting to see what swedish look like when it ships...  :eek:

Offline soilheart

Agree. I just took a leap of faith and ordered a set, let's see how it turns out.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline redskull

Will be interesting to see WHEN will they ship. my last bsp order took him 10 months.   :))

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Well the website says "and a few weeks for the producing" but who knows what that means. I have faith in imsto regardless.

Offline jaffers

This is one of the worst group buys I will admit. Very very little information given, and not even official pictures for all of the keysets. I want desko, but without an official photo from IMSTO I'm not joining.

Sorry but this has been piss poor execution

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
This is one of the worst group buys I will admit. Very very little information given, and not even official pictures for all of the keysets. I want desko, but without an official photo from IMSTO I'm not joining.

imsto isn't really doing it for you. He does production mostly for the korean and chinese scene, and the fact that he bothers to open it to USA is pretty nice.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 16:23:57 by trenzafeeds »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Jixr

yeah, its a no-go from me, i'll probably be moving in sept. and thats too close to a potential ship date, the one previous time i ordered from imsto my order got returned to sender due to a shipping address error

Offline BiNiaRiS

Yup, i won't order just on principle. He can't even respond here to let people know wtf is going on.

If they turn out OK i'll look for an extra set or something. He always makes extras.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
I ordered 3 sets... Couldn't help myself! DESKO, Miami and Cherry Hangul.

Offline dyrdevil

the page currently shows "out of stock".. I guess it's over? 

Offline KnivesM

the page currently shows "out of stock".. I guess it's over?
Yea he said the deadline was April 15th in the first post.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
Now we play the waiting game...

At least I'll have Shadowvved's group buy to hold me over while I wait for this  :))