Author Topic: [IC] Mysterium Acrylic Case Kit Group Buy (case and hardware only)  (Read 2677 times)

Offline BigCountryGravy

• Thusia
Hi!  I'm Kiel (aka BigCountryGravy, aka BCG).  I'm a keyboard enthusiast that has lurked here a long time, and spends a lot of time on r/mk and r/mechmarket.  I live in Nebraska, I love the exposed DIY look, and I'm excited to get this GB going.

IC Form:
https://forms.gle/FKCGDquR7ayxUscZ8

Basic Information:
This is an interest check for a CASE ONLY group buy for the Mysterium TKL keyboard.

The case itself will be constructed of layered laser-cut acrylic, with the plate being black or white POM with the option of brass possibly added if interest warrants.

This group buy would include the hardware needed to assemble the case, but all electronics will need to be acquired separately.

Pricing:
At the current time, I anticipate a per-item price of $75, and an additional $12 for shipping.
Unless I set up a website specifically for this and other such projects, Paypal invoices will be generated upon ordering and sent to your desired email address.

Specifics:
The dimensions and materials are all taken directly from the Mysterium Github page: https://github.com/coseyfannitutti/mysterium/tree/master/case

If you already have a kit from a previous group buy, the Github page states:

This is case is OPTIONAL and not required. The kit has everything you need for a fully functional keyboard. This case uses a different plate and is NOT compatible with the plate included in the kit. If you have already soldered switches, you will need to desolder them and swap the plate.

Location/Shipping:
I anticipate this group buy being NA only, but will be open to broadening the scope if interest develops. The unassembled cases will be shipped to Nebraska, then well packaged and redistributed via (mostly likely) USPS Priority Mail.

MOQ:
To make this worthwhile and cost effective, the MOQ will be 50.

Color Options:
Focusing on clear, white, and black. I'm contemplating opening up more colors, but this will again be determined by interest.

Timing:
I anticipate the group running through the month of February 2021.Final products will likely ship late Q2/Early Q3 2021.

Drop any questions or comments below. Thanks for reading!

-Kiel (BigCountryGravy)

Offline user_daniel

Re: [IC] Mysterium Acrylic Case Kit Group Buy (case and hardware only)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 16:12:33 »
I was actually looking at getting my own Mysterium laser cut and done. I would gladly join this GB instead and avoid the hassle. Let me know if this comes to fruition.

Offline hammerbrotha

Re: [IC] Mysterium Acrylic Case Kit Group Buy (case and hardware only)
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 19:57:59 »
I've also been interested in this, just too intimidated by ordering from ponoko myself.

I'd be in for 1 if you're willing to ship to canada, and if the cost of shipping isn't too crazy. (some vendors tend to charge a lot to ship up here).