Poll

What should happen with the payment discrepancy?

Refund money to participants
9 (25%)
Send participants extra switches
8 (22.2%)
Send participants silly things and donate money
19 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:35:50

Author Topic: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates  (Read 300904 times)

Offline Tyr

Re: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 05:40:41 »
i hope you are not factoring in those customs charges into what you will be charging the buyers?

I doubt it since customs charges are to be paid to the customs office, usually through your postman or delivery service. The sender doesn't enter into it.
Assuming it is shipped in a box I thought the $18 shipping charge to Belgium on the invoice was quite reasonable.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 05:49:45 »
i hope you are not factoring in those customs charges into what you will be charging the buyers?

I doubt it since customs charges are to be paid to the customs office, usually through your postman or delivery service. The sender doesn't enter into it.
Assuming it is shipped in a box I thought the $18 shipping charge to Belgium on the invoice was quite reasonable.

it sucks that shipping from NL to US is so much cheaper than the reverse :( but yeah my invoice looks fine.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:05:50 »
I'd like to thank the OP for his efforts. I sincerely appreciate the professionalism and lack of drama with this GB thus far.  :thumb:

I'm disappointed that I couldn't have ordered a few more sets, but I'm already over budget and I still need to get an order in for those shiny Alpine Winter caps.  :cool:

/* wallethack */

Invoice paid; I've finally joined the Alps Master Race!  ;D

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:21:37 »
I'd like to thank the OP for his efforts. I sincerely appreciate the professionalism and lack of drama with this GB thus far.  :thumb:

I'm disappointed that I couldn't have ordered a few more sets, but I'm already over budget and I still need to get an order in for those shiny Alpine Winter caps.  :cool:

/* wallethack */

The master race  was a concept in Nazi ideology in which the Nordic race—a branch of what in late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century taxonomy was called the Aryan race—represented an ideal and pure white race.

Along with the Jews and Gypsies, the overwhelming majority of the Slavic population were defined as non-Aryan Untermenschen, and a danger to the "Aryan" or Germanic Übermenschen master race.  According to the Nazi secret Hunger Plan and Generalplan Ost, the Slavic population were to be removed from East-Central Europe through expulsion, enslavement, starvation, and extermination. The Nazis eventually decided to exterminate the Poles and most other Slavic people, except for a small percentage of people living in Eastern Europe who were deemed to be non-Slavic descendants of Germanic settlers, and thus subjects for Germanisation.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:40:10 »

/* wallethack */

The master race  was a concept in Nazi ideology in which the Nordic race—a branch of what in late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century taxonomy was called the Aryan race—represented an ideal and pure white race.

Along with the Jews and Gypsies, the overwhelming majority of the Slavic population were defined as non-Aryan Untermenschen, and a danger to the "Aryan" or Germanic Übermenschen master race.  According to the Nazi secret Hunger Plan and Generalplan Ost, the Slavic population were to be removed from East-Central Europe through expulsion, enslavement, starvation, and extermination. The Nazis eventually decided to exterminate the Poles and most other Slavic people, except for a small percentage of people living in Eastern Europe who were deemed to be non-Slavic descendants of Germanic settlers, and thus subjects for Germanisation.

Oh god...

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:51:48 »

/* wallethack */

Oh god...

I think I'll stay here with my hockey pucks and maple syrup...
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:30:52 »
Hmm... Can anyone help me with the tmk? Or can I use the easy avr?

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:35:58 »
/* Due to the many diverse influences/sources of the English language, there are a multitude of words and phrases whose meanings must be discerned via the context in which they are used. Those of us who have read Beowulf or even something as recent as the works of Shakespeare are also aware that meanings can and do evolve over time, regardless of their origins.

If you sincerely believe that my comments, which were clearly and specifically made regarding keyboard switches, can in any way imply that I am advocating the internment and systematic extermination of Gypsies, practitioners of specific religions, homosexuals, or those with mental and physical disabilities, then you have succeeded in thoroughly offending me. Furthermore, I would respectfully suggest that you seek professional help for your obsession.

George Santayana is credited with saying, "Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." While I wholeheartedly ascribe to this sentiment, I submit that your contribution is out of place and unwelcome in this context. */

I beg the pardon and understanding of my fellow GH'ers, but I could not allow this to go unaddressed. Rest assured that this is my final comment on this topic and I will not be drawn into a pi$$ing match out of respect for the rest of you.

Offline platypus

• dongerino adventures
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:40:43 »
WJHATA **** MAN I lmao i just fell outta my chair lkuz i
couldnt stop laugh
xDDXFDXFXFXXDXDXDXDXDxdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDD OM GOSH
DDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD A BIG ONE
XDDDDDDDDDDDD GRAT ONE GRATSTSS
XXDXDXDXDXDXDx

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:57:45 »
Invoice paid! Also as a rule I avoid using words like "____ master race" out of respect for history, as well as it sounds stupid as hell to me.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #360 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:01:20 »
Anyone else notice a change in tone in this thread after it was linked to the noobs on Reddit? :blank:

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:06:06 »
Anyone else notice a change in tone in this thread after it was linked to the noobs on Reddit? :blank:

I've been watching this thread since it was posted..

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:07:13 »
Brb, I have a spork to grab and a speech about penguins to rehearse.

Also, paid!  ;D ;D
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km˛), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km˛),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:01:03 »
Paid!  Very excited about this...

...but per the expectations set in the OP, if the blue powdercoat doesn't make at least one lady faint I will be asking for a refund.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:13:05 by geniekid »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:55:36 »

...but per the expectations set in the OP, if the blue powdercoat doesn't make at least one lady faint I will be asking for a refund.

Don't worry, the powder coating is endorsed by Bill Cosby, and guaranteed to make the ladies faint!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:59:49 »

Don't worry, the powder coating is endorsed by Bill Cosby, and guaranteed to make the ladies faint!

I'm pretty sure you mean Sidney Crosby...

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 13:27:41 »

I'm back among the living and I'm about to start going through the PMs and changes I need to make.

To answer a few questions:

No, there was no VAT added to the shipping.  As I understand it, that is to be paid by you at the customs/post office.  The calculations are to give you a rough idea what to expect and prevent unpleasant surprises.

The due date for payments is soon.  The sooner I get everybody in, the sooner we can get this rolling. 

I sincerely appreciate the professionalism and lack of drama with this GB thus far.  :thumb:

Let's keep this streak of low drama and high professionalism going.  Everybody is entitled to opinions but please keep keyboard site rivalry, post-Nietzsche linguistic debates, and being a general grumpypuss to Off-Topic.  All are welcome in this GB from the old Europeans at DT to the newbies at /r/mk.

Ok, back to the task at hand.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 15:41:52 »
While we are waiting for the invoices to be paid so we can move on to the next step, please enjoy these charts I made from the sales data:

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 17:32:40 »
While we are waiting for the invoices to be paid so we can move on to the next step, please enjoy these charts I made from the sales data:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yep. Click switches is exactly on... I ordered exactly 70 •_•
//edit: and apparently I'm not the only Canadian... Wow!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 17:40:54 »
This data is cool. Thanks for sharing!

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 17:56:20 »
Does the PCB/plate come with mounting hardware to use with a poker ii case? ex: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Keyboard-GH60-plastic-Case-for-60-Mechanical-Keyboard-Compatoble-PBT-Keycaps-Poker2-Pok3r-Faceu-60/32311183273.html
Or does that come with the case?
I'm still deciding if its work the hassle to design and make an acrylic case

Offline eeymiel

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:16:57 »
With that case you need to buy some m2 screws. Also I read somewhere around here that you can also ask that seller for a clear case.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #372 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:17:00 »
Does the PCB/plate come with mounting hardware to use with a poker ii case? ex: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Keyboard-GH60-plastic-Case-for-60-Mechanical-Keyboard-Compatoble-PBT-Keycaps-Poker2-Pok3r-Faceu-60/32311183273.html
Or does that come with the case?
I'm still deciding if its work the hassle to design and make an acrylic case

The PCB comes with holes.  No screws.

The case you linked has a comment from a review that says it comes with rubber pads and screws.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:46:58 »
Would it be a 3mm m2 screw? Or a different length?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:26:28 »
I probably missed it, but what's the cutoff date on payment?  Rent plus dp for car has me tapped for a weekish

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:36:36 »
Goddddddammmmitttt I can't believe I missed this 8(  If someone has some extra quiet clicks when this whole thing goes through I'll help you make them disappear for money haha damn I could have snagged a pcb plate and switches all at once haha bravo and although I missed it thanks for making this happen seems like a really cool buy
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:52:20 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline wakko

« Reply #376 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:48:57 »
paid ...
NOOB
KUL ES-87

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 21:18:26 »
Would I be able to use easy avr with this pcb?
You don't want to see me try to code... except for,
If on Ubuntu, open terminal, type: telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl
BAM. Star Wars.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 21:29:35 »
BAM. Star Wars.
One of these days he's going to finish that thing.

My boards:
More

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 21:44:27 »
Goddddddammmmitttt I can't believe I missed this 8(  If someone has some extra quiet clicks when this whole thing goes through I'll help you make them disappear for money haha damn I could have snagged a pcb plate and switches all at once haha bravo and although I missed it thanks for making this happen seems like a really cool buy

I got a set of both Clicky and Quiet Clicks to try out, so I might be able to hook you up in the future. I'm guessing a few big shot alp-heads stocked up on switches so that might be an easier/CONUS route :thumb:

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 21:51:32 »
Paid!
Sorry if some people think this is spam, I call it keeping the thread alive.
Because a living thread is a happy thread.
A dead thread.... is a dead unhappy thread I guess

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:20:16 »
BAM. Star Wars.

You replied to the star wars part. The one useless part in that post :P
But seriously, anyone know about easy avr or got a good tmk guide?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:21:40 »
BAM. Star Wars.

You replied to the star wars part. The one useless part in that post
But seriously, anyone know about easy avr or got a good tmk guide?
I would say TMK is easy to do once you learn it. And you really need to know very little code.

I don't have any experience with easy AVR but you can post in that thread.

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:23:32 »
I'm hoping this is my last question, are the dolch doubleshots on massdrop worth the extra $3 USD over the black ones?
The Olivette ones are out, I have blue and black going on here.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:31:42 »
I probably missed it, but what's the cutoff date on payment?  Rent plus dp for car has me tapped for a weekish

I was wondering this as well.  A deadline would be nice.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:33:59 »
I'm hoping this is my last question, are the dolch doubleshots on massdrop worth the extra $3 USD over the black ones?
The Olivette ones are out, I have blue and black going on here.
They feel the same, so it really comes down to preference of color. I bought all three so I'm clearly not the one to help you decide, but Dolch is almost as versatile as WoB, and arguably more interesting, if a little bit overdone these days.

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:41:51 »
WoB being what exactly?

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:44:42 »
I ordered Dolch the first time round. Planning on using those with the wooden Royal Glam case + one of my Alps boards. I also ordered Olivette for the current drop because reasons.

The Dolch looks great, the Olivette will probably look great too. It'll be a tough call as to which to use...or perhaps a combination of the two.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km˛), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km˛),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:46:33 »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I read this correctly we DO have to buy and solder our own diodes?
Pre soldered or not is okay, I just need to know if I need to spend $2... •_•

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:48:49 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I read this correctly we DO have to buy and solder our own diodes?

Hasu included diodes on rounds 1 & 2 for those that ordered assembled PCB (the only option on this buy) so I imagine he'll do the same for this round.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:50:06 »

Hasu included diodes on rounds 1 & 2 for those that ordered assembled PCB (the only option on this buy) so I imagine he'll do the same for this round.

So he included them, but did not solder them then?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:51:32 »

Correct
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:51:49 »

Precisely. The assembled pcbs came with all the SD components soldered, but not the diodes. He did include ~70 or so diodes with each assembled PCB.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:55:47 »
Thank you very much then.
Saving that $2 may go towards the $4 for Dolch... I don't know yet.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 03:03:58 »
Thanks for posting the stats - interesting data
Seems like there wasn't really a clear winner in terms of plate style

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #395 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 03:42:46 »
Right? It was extremely even. It looks like a democratic election in a northern european country or some **** like that! Something's fishy...

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #396 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 05:43:32 »
Cool to see the data.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:21:00 »
Mmmm I love stats

Offline i0nC4nn0n

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 08:37:23 »
Would it be a 3mm m2 screw? Or a different length?

Does it matter?
                    (placeholder for 60%)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 08:44:26 »
It does if you want to cut a screw with that wire stripper.