Author Topic: Kō Caps: Night and Day  (Read 33652 times)

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Kō Caps: Night and Day
« on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 13:42:29 »
Kō Caps is an artisan keycap brand run by myself and Kristy (who I admit, is not really interested in keyboards) as a hobby to enjoy together. She loves to paint, she loves art, and this was my only way to express creativity. I am no painter and I am not a very creative type. She helps me see the joy of it all and we love making caps together. She is the designer of the Kōna and Lucky Cat which surprised me since she has no background with sculpting and yet here we are! It's been a whole lot of fun working with her, a real joy, and she's the reason I can continue making caps with the same level enjoyment I had when I first started out. We're currently casting from our condo in Las Vegas, Nevada that we just recently moved into and having a hell of a time! It's a great place to be and we're enjoying it thoroughly despite the 100+ degree weather every single day!

Please feel free to post any Kō Caps here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100892.0

Check out our website and feel free to leave any feedback below with suggestions! http://kocaps.com/

Find us at:
Insta - @ko_caps
Reddit - u/ko_caps
Gmail - contact.kocaps@gmail.com

Lucky Cats
More

224877-0
224879-1
224881-2
224883-3

Hello everyone! This is Kō Caps' debut sale along with our introduction of Lucky Cat! We hope you like it as much as we do and there'll be plenty more to come. We're kicking off our first sale in a First Come, First Serve fashion and hope everyone can get a chance at the color they'd like. Most, if not all of our sales, will be announced through our Instagram page below. We've got plenty of different colors but this sale's focus is on Gold, Jade, Lavender Stone!

SALE IS NOW CLOSED AND SHIPPED

Shrine Cats
More

224885-4224887-5
224889-6224891-7224893-8

Welcome to our second sale and from Kristy and I, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. It means a lot for so many people to support our work and we hope to continue to make something worthy of your collections. The failure rate for these colorways was unusually high but we worked as much as we could to get a respectable amount to share with the community. As some of you know, we are currently in the process of moving to a new home and it's been cutting into our free time but we're doing our best! We hope you love them as much as we do!

SALE IS CLOSED. SHIPPED. THANK YOU

Kōna Debut!
More

222396-9

We're pleased to finally introduce everyone to Kōna! She's a cute little bear with lots of color. We've been really eager to finally begin making enough to share with everyone and it's taken a bit of time but we got it done! She'll be our first cap since our move to Las Vegas and we couldn't be happier with how she turned out. Hope you all like her as much as we do! She'll be coming in a large variety of different variations, meaning different flower variations and even two choices of her base color. We've made plenty but as always, there might not be enough for everyone. Please be patient as we'll get out as many as possible while we can. They are anywhere between 4-6 shots and take a bit of time to do properly.

Raffle form is opening Saturday, July 6th at 2pm and closing Sunday, July 7th at 6pm. Invoices will go out shortly after.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TDOgVCvfOsz8t5F-esPUIDzQz3HDzdH9zGvW4TVq0JM/edit

SALE IS NOW CLOSED AND SHIPPED

Sterling
More

224895-10

We're huge fans of shiny things, and that includes our keycaps! Here is a shiny silver Lucky Cat that compliments our gold Lucky Cat in our first sale! Kō has slowed down for a bit but we're getting back in our rhythm and would like to give these Sterling Kitties some homes. Hope you all like them! Some of you may receive some nice extras in your packaging and we'd love to hear your thoughts when you get them.

Maneki (White)
More
224698-11

Going with a more traditional colorway, the Red/White/Gold never fails to deliver and the Maneki (White) was such a joy to make. Took lots of time and effort but it was worth every second and we're finally ready to share some with you guys!

Sale is Raffle-styled and the form will open today, Saturday August 17th @ 1 pm PST, and close tomorrow, Sunday August 18th @ 1 pm PST. Invoices will be sent out shortly after with a 6 hour grace period. If there are any issues with payment feel free to let us know! Giveaway Cat winner/winners will be announced at the end of the sale and contacted through Reddit

https://forms.gle/2RbX6SFWoCYELJxdA

SA Bliss Collab
More
224859-12 224864-13 225094-14

Thanks to @ericrmk for connecting me with @minter.ly, we have the opportunity to collaborate with SA Bliss! I apologize for the awful photo, haven't been able to get a steady photography setup just yet but we're working on it I swear. For our sale, we'll be featuring our Lucky Cat sculpt in the Bliss colorway and we appreciate the chance to support such an amazing keyset. We're looking forward to seeing our own caps sitting along side Minterly's brilliant set. It's simple, it's clean, and we are excited to see it come into fruition :D

The sale will be exclusively for SA Bliss owners and will require an order number for SA Bliss in order to win!

Google Form will be live here, Reddit, and Instagram Sunday, August 25th @ 2pm PST!

We'll keep updating this post as well as our Instagram the closer we get to the sale. Thanks for reading

SALE IS CLOSED. KITTIES HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

Form

PrismaCat
More
225719-15 225721-16 225723-17
225841-18 225843-19 225845-20

With September 6th approaching quickly, we've finally settled on these 3 colorways. Inspired by the sky, there aren't better examples of color expression in nature. We borrowed those colors and made something of our own! We're proud of the level of color expressed from these caps and photos cannot do them any justice. All photos are unfiltered and unedited. No additional light besides the sun and we did our best to capture their true colors! The sale will be raffle style with some FCFS on our website.

Form will be opening September 6th @ 4pm PST here and on the website
Website store drop will happen September 7th @ 7pm PST

Form

A giveaway for the Opal Lucky Cat is happening on Reddit as well as our Instagram @ko_caps!

225847-21

SALE IS CLOSED. CAPS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

Halloween
More

228793-22 228795-23 228797-24 228799-25

Halloween is coming up and Kō have prepared a couple colorways for the occasion! Kristy HATES Candy Corn so of course I had to make a colorway to remind her of how much she hates it :D Happy Halloween everyone! Don't forget to try Almond Joy or Mounds if you haven't already. They're not as bad as you think! There may or may not be extra goodies for some lucky winners

Sale opens Thursday, October 24 @ 4pm PST and closes Friday, October 25 @ 4pm PST

Form

Maneki Red/Purple
More

230537-26

Were absolutely in love with this line of Lucky Cats. Traditional colorways with a little bit of luck behind them ;)

KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY WITH OUR MANEKI RED CAT OR OPEN YOURSELF UP TO NEW OPPORTUNITIES WITH OUR PURPLE CAT

Unfortunately I can't speak for how lucky they actually are but they're wonderful nonetheless. We hope you enjoy these as much as we do. The Maneki line continues to grow and it's an absolute blast making them.

Raffle will run from November 21st Thursday, 2pm PST to November 22nd Friday, 2pm PST

Be ready for our birthday flash drop this weekend for some special colorways!

Form

Honeypot
More
241100-27

In collaboration with Holicalis and his fantastic GMK Honey set, our Honeypot Lucky Cat would make a perfect addition to your keyboard! These cats will only be available to those who have purchased GMK Honey. The beautiful gold and white, as vibrant as I could possibly get it, truly came to life on this cap and GMK Honey is no different. It's a lovely set and we're happy to be able to support the project with our very own artisan keycaps!

Sale is opening April 29th @ 4pm PST and closing April 30th @ 4pm PST. Winners will be selected by a random number generator and invoices will be sent out shortly after.

Form

Night and Day

245193-28

The first Maneki colorway on our updated Lucky Cat sculpt! We tried to make the blues as vibrant and sharp as we could and are more than happy with the result! Blue and gold were a match made in heaven and both our Lucky Cats and Aerophants are thriving in the colorway.

The raffle opens June 18th at 4pm PST and closes June 19th at 4pm PST with invoices going out shortly after.

Form
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 17:55:39 by Marshal »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Kō Caps: Kōna's Debut
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 18:31:09 »
Kō Caps is a project I started with Kristy so that we could enjoy a hobby together. We finished moving into a new home in Las Vegas just last week and are now producing many different caps in many different colors to share with everyone!

Our recent sale was supposed to end today at 2pm PST but I made the mistake of putting the wrong date/time on the Google Form so we'll be leaving it up until 6pm PST instead! Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have and thanks for visiting our page.

- - -

Kōna's Debut

(Attachment Link)

We're pleased to finally introduce everyone to Kōna! She's a cute little bear with lots of color. We've been really eager to finally begin making enough to share with everyone and it's taken a bit of time but we got it done! She'll be our first cap since our move to Las Vegas and we couldn't be happier with how she turned out. Hope you all like her as much as we do! She'll be coming in a large variety of different variations, meaning different flower variations and even two choices of her base color. We've made plenty but as always, there might not be enough for everyone. Please be patient as we'll get out as many as possible while we can. They are anywhere between 4-6 shots and take a bit of time to do properly.

Raffle form is opening Saturday, July 6th at 2pm and closing Sunday, July 7th at 6pm. Invoices will go out shortly after.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TDOgVCvfOsz8t5F-esPUIDzQz3HDzdH9zGvW4TVq0JM/edit

SALE IS NOW CLOSED. CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF PACKAGING

Image links are dead.

To those wanting to post their caps -- we also have a Geekhack Media thread here:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100892.0

Check it out and post your Kō Caps!

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: Maneki (White)
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 05:20:57 »
Sale ending 1pm PST!

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: SA Bliss Collab coming soon
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 22:12:31 »
Update

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: SA Bliss Collab LIVE
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 15:57:40 »
Blissful Lucky Cat LIVE!

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: PrismaCat Sale Sept 6th @ 4pm PST
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 14:09:26 »
UPupdate

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: PrismaCat Sale Sept 6th @ 4pm PST
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 17:56:23 »
LIVE

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: Halloween
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 19:55:01 »
UP

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: Maneki Red and Purple LIVE
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 16:09:58 »
UP

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: Honeypot
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 17:56:44 »
Honeypott

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Kō Caps: Honeypot
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 15:18:31 »
my guy :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
Re: Kō Caps: Night and Day
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 17:56:25 »
up

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Kō Caps: Night and Day
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 20:03:58 »