Author Topic: [IC] DSA Pink Purple  (Read 2325 times)

Offline grizzly_teddy

[IC] DSA Pink Purple
« on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 12:02:41 »
Hello everyone! I am going to be running DSA Pink Purple within the coming week. I have a few kits I've already decided on, and you can see them here:

https://ohkeycaps.com/products/dsa-pink-purple?variant=29211011514479

Intersting things about this group buy:

• You can add a kit to the group buy, by submitting a KLE JSON file (with the right colors)
  • Dynamic pricing. Every single key is taken into consideration when determining pricing. Buying an ergodox kit will lower the price of  a planck kit and many others. Prices will be adjusted down as the group buy goes on.
  • Low MoQs. There may be kits where the MoQ is only 5. I can do this because all kits are taken into consideration, so MoQs are met for pretty much any layout by default.

I would like to add some more staggered options to this. The only thing is I'm not sure there will be enough demand for weird things like split spaces.

This is also mentioned in my Reddit post here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/c4ihdi/vendor_prebuilt_dactyl_and_dactylmanuform/

Direct link to render: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/545698312997699595/545698408975826964/DSA-purple-pink.png

The colors are the same the pink/purple that was used in SA Grand Budapest. #592254 and #F4CDD4 are the hexadecimal codes. The purple is RDE but I don't know what the actual pink SP color is.

Lead time will be 6 weeks. Group buy will end in about 3-4x weeks, and start sometime this week.
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline AuthenticDanger

Re: [IC] DSA Pink Purple
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 12:13:01 »
Is it just blank keys that are already available via SP? I'm missing the utility of this GB.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 13:18:15 »
Well pricing. When you buy blanks from SP, unless you are buying 500 or more of a single cap, you won't get the same price. SP does have some blank keycaps in stock, but it is always limited in colors, and they are much more expensive than what the group buy prices would be (like 2x more expensive).
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 13:19:26 »
would love to see actual dsa grand budapest, too bad will never happen

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 13:21:25 »
would love to see actual dsa grand budapest, too bad will never happen

You mean with legends I presume? Who knows maybe the person who made Grand Budapest will make another one, although at some point I might just have to take up that mantle. But making sets with alphas in the same color as another creator is always a gray area.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 15:06:59 »
yeah with legends. one of my favorite colorways